PDA

View Full Version : boing Jobi

jamie12
08-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Why were we all booing Jobi McAnuff on saturday? He did his best for us and at the end of the day football is a buisness and players come and go- its part of the course! So the songs and booing at Watford on Saturday just seemed beyond belief to me. I was one of us who gave him a standing ovation at Selhurst. Couldnt believe the abuse he got.

zuper zalace
08-01-2008, 03:35 PM
cos it's fun

gadford4th
08-01-2008, 03:39 PM
BOING! The wonderful thing about Tiggers, is I'm......the only one.

prizesucker
08-01-2008, 03:45 PM
BOING! said Zebedee :o

CHERRY TREE BRB
08-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Are we West Brom in disguise....

David
08-01-2008, 04:07 PM
I thought this thread was going to say he had signed for West Brom.

eagles #1
08-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Boing boing, Jobi Jobi.

Dazron
08-01-2008, 04:10 PM
From his showing on saturday it really showed how, for me anyway, he was the best thing in a decidedly average side for a long time, AJ aside. Wish we'd managed to keep him. Still sung the **** off macanuff song though because it was funny.

David
08-01-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Dazron
From his showing on saturday it really showed how, for me anyway, he was the best thing in a decidedly average side for a long time, AJ aside. Wish we'd managed to keep him. Still sung the **** off macanuff song though because it was funny.

He was far too inconsistent.

You always felt he could do something special but rarely did. To be honest I would have preferred Joonas Kolkka to have stayed and played instead of McAnuff. However, you'd have to ask that brilliant tactician Iain Dowie why he let Kolkka go?

stevey_d
08-01-2008, 04:32 PM
I opened this thread thinking I could make a funny comment about the mispelling off booing......................

Shipp Ahoy!
08-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Don't understand why people would treat him badly, didn't really disrepect the club.

chav_hater
08-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Overrated player, by both himself and most on here. Christ only knows how we got more than 1mn for him.

Pikie Punisher
08-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by stevey_d
I opened this thread thinking I could make a funny comment about the mispelling off booing......................

I opened this thread thinking it was about Jobi getting a hard on whilst playing against us :eek: !

BaldEagle96
08-01-2008, 06:33 PM
He was the one player on the pitch on Saturday who constantly caused problems to either defence in open play.

Jer
08-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by BaldEagle96
He was the one player on the pitch on Saturday who constantly caused problems to either defence in open play.

Um, Victor Moses. Who would you prefer in your team?

9Freedman9
08-01-2008, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Jer

The same Moses that could hace crossed the call across the face of the goal, rather than smash it at the keeper from an angle that was impossible to shoot from?

jamie12
08-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Jer
Um, Victor Moses. Who would you prefer in your team? NANANANANANANA JOBI MCANUFF MCANUFF

sorry victor, McAnuff's just better

eagles #1
08-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by 9Freedman9
The same Moses that could hace crossed the call across the face of the goal, rather than smash it at the keeper from an angle that was impossible to shoot from? He's 17..:clown:

Jer
08-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by jamie12
NANANANANANANA JOBI MCANUFF MCANUFF

Better what? At being an inconsistent underachiever who only shows his involvement for a few moments a game (good as they may be)? The best thing about McAnuff was always his song...

Sorry Jobi, Moses will be better - by how much is the question

jamie12
08-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Jer
Better what? At being an inconsistent underachiever who only shows his involvement for a few moments a game (good as they may be)? The best thing about McAnuff was always his song...

Sorry Jobi, Moses will be better - by how much is the question Disagree...... but we all have our own opininons!!

BaldEagle96
08-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Jer

JM played 90 minutes compared to the brief appearance of VM.

I would prefer VM in my team but that wasn't the point of this thread.

Dazron
08-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by David

You always felt he could do something special but rarely did. To be honest I would have preferred Joonas Kolkka to have stayed and played instead of McAnuff. However, you'd have to ask that brilliant tactician Iain Dowie why he let Kolkka go?

I think exactly the same could be said of Kolkka, and many many other players in that team I suppose. So much unrealised potential.

adrenalin john
08-01-2008, 07:16 PM
I liked Jobi - quality player. The thing is that because he isn't a conventional winger (down the wing get the cross in) he doesn't really fit into a conventional 442, he is not a midfielder either or indeed an outright forward, but in a 433 playing off a target man but covering in midfield also he really comes into his own, breaking with pace and scoring goals. Criminal that we sold him IMHO

Skiddo
08-01-2008, 07:24 PM
He was a luxury player.

Good if you're winning, but useless if you're not.

Too often last season we wasnt winning, or playing well, so his input was minimal, therefore we sold him.

peagle
08-01-2008, 08:04 PM
I think that jobi is a good player but has flaws (which include the inconsistencey mentioned). i think that we got a fair price for him and he stayed as long as was reasonable, he did not disrespect the club but knew it was time to move on. Fair play to him, it's his life! I think that Moses will one day be better than him but is best in a stricking role anyway so it is irrelelevent.

9Freedman9
08-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by eagles #1
He's 17..:clown:

Age makes no difference, he is a very good player, but he still should have played the ball in...

9Freedman9
08-01-2008, 08:13 PM
McAnuff over Moses?

PMSL, McAnuff isn't wanted by a host of clubs for mega amounts of money, that tells you how much potential the kid has.

Super-Ste-Cious
08-01-2008, 08:21 PM
NANANANANANANA JOBI MCANUFF MCANUFF

I'm sorry but are you basically saying you don't think Vcitor Moses will be good enough to play Premiership football. McAnuff was average, could be better but was often worse. At best a luxury player who we could ill afford. He will always hovver around this level (at best) - and it was quite clear when West Ham sold him to us immediately after they got promoted that they didnt deem him Prem quality and rightly so.

I may not be able to see into the future but IMHO Moses will play Prem football, be it with us or it. I think his international chances prob fare better than Jobi's 1 cap with Jamaica too.

Super-Ste-Cious
08-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by 9Freedman9
Age makes no difference, he is a very good player, but he still should have played the ball in...

Of course it does, he young, impetuous and had eyes for goal. There have been loads of young footballers who's eyes light up when they see the goal. Its all a learning curve.

jamie12
08-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Super-Ste-Cious
I'm sorry but are you basically saying you don't think Vcitor Moses will be good enough to play Premiership football. . I never slated Victor Moses- all i said was that AT THE MOMENT i'd rather have Jobi. But i think Moses has the POTENTIAL to play for one of the big 4- but just not now.

cranesparkeagle
08-01-2008, 08:55 PM
I was actually more impressed by Smith on the other flank. He got down the side and he also made sure Hills couldn't attack either

limited_edition
08-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by cranesparkeagle
I was actually more impressed by Smith on the other flank. He got down the side and he also made sure Hills couldn't attack either Smith's always been a proper, out and out winger. Which Jobi isn't. In the 2-0 at Selhurst, Adam Johnson, another out and out winger, but one who can also link the play infield, was light years ahead of anything that Jobi could produce.

AJ8
08-01-2008, 09:14 PM
i thought this was about a new Bon Jovi tribute band...

eastend eagle
09-01-2008, 12:38 PM
If you're going to boo a player then boo for a reason. Especially a former Palace player who we were (mostly) all really excited about when he was at the club.
Why boo? So far the only reason given is - 'because its funny'.
So what message does that give to existing players - the adulation and support we give you is temporary and phony. We'll all boo you if you decide to move on.

9Freedman9
09-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Because he left for a 'bigger club'

It was for money, he is greedy and isn't actually that gooder player.

9Freedman9
09-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Super-Ste-Cious
Of course it does, he young, impetuous and had eyes for goal. There have been loads of young footballers who's eyes light up when they see the goal. Its all a learning curve.

Obviousley, but he needs to think about the team and the result that could come out of it.

JAT.

Buglebob
09-01-2008, 12:51 PM
I thought Jobi had his best game for a couple of years (that I've seen) on Saturday.

sheepy
09-01-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm in the camp of those who believe after we rejected his transfer request he decided he didn't fancy it anymore and couldn't really be bothered. I'm definately not his biggest fan and I don't think he treated the club very well to be honest. Compared to the standard of performances in his first season at the club, his second season was a bit of a joke.

limited_edition
09-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by sheepy
I'm in the camp of those who believe after we rejected his transfer request he decided he didn't fancy it anymore and couldn't really be bothered. I'm definately not his biggest fan and I don't think he treated the club very well to be honest. Compared to the standard of performances in his first season at the club, his second season was a bit of a joke. Gotta agree. He mostly went through the motions last season. I can only remember one good half of football from him v Wolves at home. In all his time with us, he made no attempt to try and improve his weaker left foot, despite playing on that flank. If you look at say Ashley Young, he at times is trying to use his left more. Jobi couldn't be arsed. Nor did his crossing improve. Quite important skills for a 'left winger'. I think his lack of hunger to improve his game is a key reason why he's moved clubs so often in the last few years and a reason why he's unlikely to make it in the Prem. Whereas Victor will.

kolinkins
09-01-2008, 01:23 PM
Jobi did probably go through the motions last year, mainly because he was mis-treated by Dowie (Bob only) and especially Taylor.

Him leaving had little to do with money - in fact, hd nothing to do with money. If he wanted money, he would have gone to one of the other 3 clubs interested in him

Jay_Palace
09-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
Jobi did probably go through the motions last year, mainly because he was mis-treated by Dowie (Bob only) and especially Taylor.

Him leaving had little to do with money - in fact, hd nothing to do with money. If he wanted money, he would have gone to one of the other 3 clubs interested in him

How did Taylor mistreat him? Would be interested to hear what was going on there.

limited_edition
09-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Not for the first time, I don't buy your theory. PT made him capt in pre season v I think Boavista in an attempt to butter him up. He also buttered him up by letting play left all the time (as did ID). Failing out with Bob I can well believe.

If anything, PT was too soft with underperfoming fave players, and they were seldom dropped. Look at Cort for a start.

smileysmith
09-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Jamie 12 reminds me of C-Block Lad.

pedro
09-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by David

To be honest I would have preferred Joonas Kolkka to have stayed and played instead of McAnuff. However, you'd have to ask that brilliant tactician Iain Dowie why he let Kolkka go?
Or why he even signed the Jimmy Krankie look alike in the first place. Up there with the Liegertwood signing and another reason why Dowie will never cut it as a top manager, most of his signings in the transfer market turn out to be woeful.

Jer
09-01-2008, 02:34 PM

Care to expand? Was this linked to the non-move in pre season?

jamie12
09-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by smileysmith
Jamie 12 reminds me of C-Block Lad. what do you mean by this?:confused:

BaldEagle96
09-01-2008, 04:18 PM
what do you mean by this?:confused:

Don't worry about it - no doubt someone will say you are Peter Leonard soon!