PDA

View Full Version : Bostock Signs?

Daddy Long
09-01-2008, 09:06 AM
Talksport this morning reported that Bostock had rejected offers from bigger clubs and signed a contract with the mighty eagles (my words not theirs!)

Great news if true. Can anyone confirm?

cpfc4evandeva
09-01-2008, 09:11 AM
Please be true!

Brod
09-01-2008, 09:17 AM
On my birthday too!

Skid Row
09-01-2008, 09:17 AM
Always going to happen.

Chris K
09-01-2008, 09:22 AM
Good man, welcome to the big time Jonny B

littlecsaesar
09-01-2008, 09:22 AM
Fingers, arms, legs, toes, eyes, balls and everything we have 2 of, crossed!

sw16girl
09-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Someone said he was 16 today but the OS has him down as 16 on 15th - I hope it was today and that it is true.

ChiswickEagle
09-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Club website has his date of birth as January 15.

greenlight
09-01-2008, 10:50 AM
Thought everyone with RednBlue blood knew the boy will be 16 on 15 Jan.
Be patient and our wishes will be realised:love:

Random*
09-01-2008, 11:42 AM
The official site would have it up if he had signed, but it doesn't mean that he's not verbally rejected other clubs and verbally agreed a contract with Palace.

Paul Romain
09-01-2008, 11:43 AM
I could be proved wrong but I would be amazed if Bostock chose to jump ship now. He knows he is guaranteed to get regular first team football here almost immediately and if he has any faith in his own ability he also knows he will get his big move whenever he wants it in the future. Why go to sit in Chelsea's 4th XI or, more likely, spend the next two years being loaned around to all and sundry, when he can make a bigger name for himself here before he's 18 and then get a Gareth Bale type move straight into a first team somewhere - then hopefully we can say thanks very much John and stick 15million in the bank

Phil's Barber
09-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Paul Romain
I could be proved wrong but I would be amazed if Bostock chose to jump ship now. He knows he is guaranteed to get regular first team football here almost immediately and if he has any faith in his own ability he also knows he will get his big move whenever he wants it in the future. Why go to sit in Chelsea's 4th XI or, more likely, spend the next two years being loaned around to all and sundry, when he can make a bigger name for himself here before he's 18 and then get a Gareth Bale type move straight into a first team somewhere - then hopefully we can say thanks very much John and stick 15million in the bank

Apart from being guaranteed first team football, I fully agree with the above.

Paul Romain
09-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Phil's Barber
Apart from being guaranteed first team football, I fully agree with the above.

Well OK, it won't be written into his contract but if he isnt a regular by the end of the season I would be very surprised. The only reason he suddenly disappeared off the radar was clearly to quieten the hype down a little until he signs on the dotted line. He had certainly done nothing on the pitch to justify his sudden disappearance after his first few games, and would surely have been appearing regularly as one of 5 outfield subs at the very least if that wasn't the reason.

peagle
09-01-2008, 09:23 PM
He will stay and I'm sure that on the 15th he will sign up around 12:01am. He is a real fan like all of us and would die to play for Palace. Why would he leave now when he can do that... and then move onto to another club after.