PDA

View Full Version : Does Sideburns go on BBS ?

flying-fin
10-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Does Sideburns go on BBS ? Coz i'd love to know !!!! :D

Neil the Eagle
10-01-2008, 06:42 PM
No.

He doesn't even have a mobile phone...

Plenty of PROGRAAAAAMES though...

elwood
10-01-2008, 06:44 PM
You must be avin a laugh, he probably thinks that BBS stands for
"big bloody sideburns".:D

Baffled Bob 2
10-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Palace hero.

BaldEagle96
10-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Maybe (http://forums.cpfc.org/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1029)

Kevan Woz Awful
10-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Baffled Bob 2
Palace hero.

Not necessarily. Whenever Palace are not at home he can be found selling programmes at the MK Dons. :(

I wonder which club get his services when there is a fixture clash?

NorwoodPride
10-01-2008, 07:18 PM
As Side-o's close working associate I'm sad to report that no, he never goes on the Internet at all and only ever hears about the stuff that is written about him from other people. He hasn't even read the diary that I put together for him a couple of years ago. It starts here:

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29098&perpage=20&highlight=sideos+diary&pagenumber=2

JannerEagle
10-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Kevan Woz Awful
Not necessarily. Whenever Palace are not at home he can be found selling programmes at the MK Dons. :(

I wonder which club get his services when there is a fixture clash?

Or in the bar at Bromley FC!

howard
10-01-2008, 07:34 PM
I bought a programme of him at Bromley FC the other week.

NorwoodPride
10-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by howard
I bought a programme of him at Bromley FC the other week.

He sells for Palace, Bromley and MK Dons.

Isle of Wight
10-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by NorwoodPride
He sells for Palace, Bromley and MK Dons.

Yeah but who does he SUPPORT? If he could only sell one who's would it be ?

We need to know.

NorwoodPride
10-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Isle of Wight
Yeah but who does he SUPPORT? If he could only sell one who's would it be ?

We need to know.

It would be Palace, but every man needs a bit on the side.

Or two, in his case.

selhursthoover
10-01-2008, 08:13 PM
It would be Palace, but every man needs a bit on the side.

Or two, in his case.

:D :D :hi:

BRUCEGB
10-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Once Dugie has taken oveer a the boss in a few years he could do a lot worse than sign sideburns as his second in command.

Both legends in my book!!!

Walking along singing the song...walking in a sideburns wonderland!!

Pikie Punisher
10-01-2008, 09:05 PM
To the tune of 'Skippy' (the Bush Kangaroo)

Sideburns, Sideburns
Sideburns in red, white and blue
Sideburns, Sideburns
Selling his programmes to you

Sussex Eagle
10-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by elwood
You must be avin a laugh, he probably thinks that BBS stands for
"big bloody sideburns".:D
I actually chuckled at this. For real!

Sir.S.C Remembered
10-01-2008, 11:19 PM
He goes to Bromley games though!

apple_rain
10-01-2008, 11:25 PM
I've seen him at an away game, can't remember which one tho'

Little Matt
10-01-2008, 11:43 PM
Having seen him in the stands at away reserve matches, I'd say he was a Palace fan.

palace_burger
11-01-2008, 12:08 AM
he should get an OBE for services to sideburns and programmes

arussell
11-01-2008, 12:10 AM
He's a Palace fan of course, I don't know why this comes up for debate at least once a year !

flying-fin
11-01-2008, 07:23 AM
i saw him up at charlton when we got relegated :(

Steve H
11-01-2008, 09:51 AM
MK Dons seems a long way to go to sell programmes.

Potton Eagle
11-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by apple_rain
I've seen him at an away game, can't remember which one tho'

He was in the pub we went in before Derby away last year.

Heb 7:4
11-01-2008, 11:14 AM
I saw him pre-season at Barnet (I think) once. You have to be pretty Palace to make the effort for that.

TN16_Eagle
11-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Helps fork the pitch at half time at Hayes Lane.

DANGERMOUSE
11-01-2008, 02:16 PM
He swore at Baron Greenback in the clubhouse before the Torquay League Cup game a few seasons ago.

thereichstuff
11-01-2008, 02:32 PM
I saw him at lords a few years back selling programmes . I gave it a loud "sido" and when he worked out it was from a fellow palace fan he gave me a knowing nod :p

webgard
11-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Now I get who you're talking about.

I saw him in the Sainsburys' parking in my first match ever in Selhurst Park, asked him how I can get to Norwood Junction station and gave him a cigarette!

winston the dog
11-01-2008, 04:26 PM
must say i'm shocked that he sells for other clubs... i was of the opinion (not knowing him, or having ever said more than 'hello' to him) that he lived and died palace.
is he the only 'career' proggie seller? i thought that position was taken by certain fans to get in for free to their team! ha

NorwoodPride
11-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by winston the dog
must say i'm shocked that he sells for other clubs... i was of the opinion (not knowing him, or having ever said more than 'hello' to him) that he lived and died palace.
is he the only 'career' proggie seller? i thought that position was taken by certain fans to get in for free to their team! ha

:) He's not really a 'career' seller, of course, he's a devoted Palace fan like we all are. Although based on sales alone I'm the real Number One, of course ;) But the reason he sells for MK Dons is because he was already doing it for Wimbledon when they were based at Selhurst Park. When they moved to Milton Keynes they actually put on a coach for their sellers in London to travel up and work at their new ground. I seem to remember Side-o telling me that they eventually stopped paying for travel and so he drives up there himself these days.

JonProgSeller
11-01-2008, 09:04 PM
As Side-o's close working associate I'm sad to report that no, he never goes on the Internet at all and only ever hears about the stuff that is written about him from other people. He hasn't even read the diary that I put together for him a couple of years ago. It starts here:

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29098&perpage=20&highlight=sideos+diary&pagenumber=2

Ahhhhhhh.... that's the diary you keep telling me about!!! I'll have to have a peek at that. I think we have to keep Side-o updated on threads about him don't we. I think it's funny..... we can laugh about things we have seen on here or other sites and he hasn't got the foggiest clue what we are on about.

JonProgSeller
11-01-2008, 09:23 PM
I have to say that Troy and I do have a good laugh at Side-o's expense, and it is (in all fairness) extremely easy to wind the legend, that is side-o, up. In fact I think your son Joe (Troy) does that with relative ease on matchday!!!! :)

NorwoodPride
11-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by JonProgSeller
I have to say that Troy and I do have a good laugh at Side-o's expense, and it is (in all fairness) extremely easy to wind the legend, that is side-o, up. In fact I think your son Joe (Troy) does that with relative ease on matchday!!!! :)

Good to see you here, Jon :) And yes, thanks to my ten year-old son no doubt some of you have noticed that Side-o's back is often plastered with labels from the programme boxes, a matchday phenomenon that has become about as ritualistic as Speroni wearing his hair in a pony tail.

NorwoodPride
11-01-2008, 09:52 PM

Good to see you here, Jon :) And yes, thanks to my ten year-old son no doubt some of you have noticed that Side-o's back is often plastered with labels from the programme boxes, a matchday phenomenon that has become about as ritualistic as Speroni wearing his hair in a pony tail.

JonProgSeller
11-01-2008, 10:17 PM

That and the now ritual of Joe bringing his self made football from countless peices of tape and Side-o trying to kick it then complaining of a groin strain!!! LOL

I am thinking that we should invest in a chain so that we can chain side-o to the lampost, just so that he doesn't try wandering off in search of a sale because he's got the hump that I have sold 40+ programmes to the Cardiff City Supporters Club or you have taken one of his sales because he is sure that you have used your 'powers of seduction' to lure an unsuspecting customer from his clutches!!!!

I still want to know how I can still get there after Side-o and still sell out before him!!! :)

NorwoodPride
12-01-2008, 07:28 AM
I still want to know how I can still get there after Side-o and still sell out before him!!! :)

:D Side-o spends more time chatting to the customers about how best to obtain some obscure 1952 football annual or discussing the fortunes of Kent C.C.C. than actually selling programmes. No wonder his queue stretches from the corner of Holmesdale Road to the traffic lights at the junction with Selhurst Road. And he complains when people join another queue ... sheesh! It's a pity the old git doesn't get to read any of this.

orp pisshead1
12-01-2008, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by arussell
He's a Palace fan of course, I don't know why this comes up for debate at least once a year !

Spot on al:p , he is now even a bit of a legend at sainsburys locksbottom where he's a regular, some of the check out women tell their palace supporting other halfs that they know side'o:D , then tell him off as he's always our last customer:D

JohnA
12-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Of course he also presents TV programmes in his spare time under the name Dick Strawbridge

http://www.itsnoteasybeinggreen.org/images/sections2/dick_strawbridge.jpg

winterj
13-01-2008, 01:27 PM
definately a palace fan,when i went cardiff for the play off final he was waiting for a train to london from elemers end in full palace gear,gave a "sideburns" but got a half hearted nod (it was about 6.30 in the morning though so i'll forgive him for that)

norwood_girl
15-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by JohnA
Of course he also presents TV programmes in his spare time under the name Dick Strawbridge

http://www.itsnoteasybeinggreen.org/images/sections2/dick_strawbridge.jpg

:p

NorwoodPride
20-01-2008, 04:45 PM
It seems that we have a problem. One or two individuals here - who, as of yet, still remain unidentified - have apparently been informing Side-o about certain remarks made on the BBS. As a consequence, at yesterday's match against the Wurzels both myself and JonProgSeller were subjected to a bitter and unwarranted tirade of abuse by Pratt's Bottom's answer to Graeme Garden. I think the exact phrase was "You w*n*ers, you f*c*ing w*n*ers! Have you been on that f*c*ing internet again?" He had already given us the middle finger as he drove past the corner of Park Road and Holmesdale Road around 1pm and although we knew trouble was in store, nothing quite prepared us for this kind of vitriol. Now, with Side-o being a complete technophobe and thus unacquainted with the multifarious pleasures of cyberspace, we therefore assumed that we were completely safe to discuss his private life. It seems not. Indeed, whilst it is perfectly understandable why someone would want to ingratiate themselves with the Great Man himself or, in other words, divulge semi-accurate tittle-tattle in return for a quick feel of Side-o's bristly cheeks, it is far less acceptable to expose the esoteric mysteries of 'Side-o's Diary' and the comments that are contained in this thread. In Mafia circles - and let's face it, working on the same corner as Side-o is not far off in terms of being dangerous and unpredictable - activity of this kind could well be rewarded with five or six bullets to the head and an unexpected swim among the fishes at the bottom of the boating lake in Crystal Palace Park. So, if you're one of the narks passing on information ... watch your back!

jordanismygod
14-03-2008, 08:24 AM
I'm positive i've seen him three of four times in my village (New Ash Green) over the last few months.
Does anyone know where he lives?

pauldrulez
14-03-2008, 08:43 AM
I saw him at Charlton away this year. Row in front of me. Its my new claim to fame.