PDA

View Full Version : Bristol City View Of Palace

ooRya
17-01-2008, 02:09 PM
You might find this interesting............

http://www.clubfanzine.com/bristol_city/showNews.php?id=7707

zuper zalace
17-01-2008, 02:14 PM
i thought that was a good read and very accurate except the score as it'll be 2-1 palace

Nelson Muntz
17-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Bit like reading the programme at an away match.
Good though.

palace & proud
17-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Palace 4
Bristol 1

:lux:

etu
17-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Bloody hell thats some good research. If we can just add as many goals from open play as we do from set pieces we'll be out of this league in no time!

Cheers for sharing that.

henryhallandhisbasque
17-01-2008, 02:18 PM
If we ever do merge with City and Rovers, Crystal Bristols would be the perfect name.

Phil O'Sophical
17-01-2008, 02:18 PM
Agreed. MI5 would have found it difficult to come up with more info than that. Excellent job.

Celestial Empire
17-01-2008, 02:19 PM
Pretty good analysis.
Missed Vic though, our secret weapon. ;)

Shipp Ahoy!
17-01-2008, 02:25 PM
I would say thats a pretty good summary.

Speaks wonders that the team joint top(?) are hoping to come away from our place with a point!

CPFC_R_GREAT
17-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Got them all running scared. A team doing as well as they are, who consider a draw with us as good is great news. Having the upper hand (over the fans at least) before the game even kicks off gives the players great confidence.

AJ's right boot
17-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Bloody heck that was excellent!! :p

ooRya
17-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by CPFC_R_GREAT
Got them all running scared. A team doing as well as they are, who consider a draw with us as good is great news. Having the upper hand (over the fans at least) before the game even kicks off gives the players great confidence.

Not quite as simple as that my friend.
The thing is, no City fan would have expected us to be at the lofty heights we find ourselves at right now, and we are looking at each team in this league as a tough game regardless of the fact that we have shown what we can do ourselves.
The longer this season goes on, the higher our expectations will get, but at the moment we'll carry on with our feet firmly planted on the ground!

nathe
17-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Very interesting piece. Is there anything similar on your players?

Curry
17-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Whoever wrote that has certainly done their homework. So what do we know about the Bristol team?

mrgins
17-01-2008, 02:53 PM
17 of 22 goals from set pieces? All the more reason to hang on to Watson

jhc
17-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Well researched and quite interesting. Hadn't realised that so many of our goals had come from set pieces recently.
Good assessment of our line-up and formation.

Glad to see they're confident of picking up a point which is probably fair enough considering our record at Selhurst this season.
We haven't really rolled anyone over yet, but I've got a feeling that might change on saturday - despite their lofty position!

nathe
17-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Curry
Whoever wrote that has certainly done their homework. So what do we know about the Bristol team?

They have an Argentinian goalkeeper as well

ooRya
17-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by nathe

Brazilian actually.

Curry
17-01-2008, 02:56 PM

Well, I hope Neil and Keith know more than us then.

nathe
17-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by ooRya
Brazilian actually.

Thank •••• i'm not a Palace scout.

tomario
17-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Having moved to Bristol, there are a quite a few city fans in the pub I manage, who are expecting a tough game, and they would be more than happy to get a point up at Selhurst and winning down here.

CHERRY TREE BRB
17-01-2008, 03:07 PM
Excellent read.

As much as it may be a test Saturday, we are buzzing - I expect us to pass it with flying colours

nathe
17-01-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by tomario
Having moved to Bristol, there are a quite a few city fans in the pub I manage, who are expecting a tough game, and they would be more than happy to get a point up at Selhurst and winning down here.

I wouldn't be surprised if we win homw and away. Our away form under Warnock is fantastic

james powell
17-01-2008, 03:09 PM

I didn't know Julian was a commited Christian.

lightweight
17-01-2008, 03:13 PM

no they don't - it says south american - he's brazilian

lightweight
17-01-2008, 03:13 PM
oh, and I think 1 - 1 might just be the result

nathe
17-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by james powell
I didn't know Julian was a commited Christian.

well he is scared of crosses

stevek
17-01-2008, 03:21 PM
I didn't know Julian was a commited Christian. I think Gonzo used that fact as part of his story for the infamous Derry breaks AJ's leg spoof.

Isle of Wight
17-01-2008, 03:22 PM
ooRya Thanks for that very interesting and well put together.

trickyricky66
17-01-2008, 03:31 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we win homw and away. Our away form under Warnock is fantastic
ssh .Careful mate ,we don't want to give our self the kiss of deaf.:)

The Addonians
17-01-2008, 05:05 PM
A fair and accurate assessment. It's great having another one of the leagues top sides predicting a draw and being happy with it. Show's how far we've come under NW in a short space of time.

limited_edition
17-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Very accurate assessment by the City site. Right down to the team and bench selection that I reckon we'll use on Sat. The only change might be if NW decides to keep the same bench as Wolves and another attacking option, with Grabban in instead of Fonte.

GodstoneEagle
17-01-2008, 05:22 PM
I didn't know Julian was a commited Christian. apparenlty he goes to godstone baptist church

YASSA the PALACETINIAN
17-01-2008, 06:23 PM
well he is scared of crosses

sshhh!..he'll end being called Dracula.

jabber
17-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Curry

Liam fontaine grew up in bungalow road, his dad derek was a st john's ambulance man at palace home games, and his uncle Tex is a season ticket holder in the holmesdale lower.

eagle-leg
17-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Wow - that's probably the best researched and accurate discription of a Palace side that I've seen!!

Can we employ the journalist as a scout please!!! :p :p

cranesparkeagle
17-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by tomario
Are you near Ashton Gate?

AJ8
17-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by trickyricky66
we don't want to give our self the kiss of deaf.:)

aye???

maestro
17-01-2008, 09:18 PM
wow, someone has put some great work into that, they should be employed as a club scout!

mik59
17-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by mrgins
17 of 22 goals from set pieces? Similar with Coppell's team, wasn't it? (Cue stevek)

Sluggo
17-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Regarding their Brizilian keeper, is he the same Basso that played for Woking a couple of seasons ago?

Ron Dogers
17-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Bristol City's is the name of my FFL team at work

Bounce back
17-01-2008, 11:05 PM
nice report

Percy Parrot
18-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Sluggo
Regarding their Brizilian keeper, is he the same Basso that played for Woking a couple of seasons ago?

Yep. That's him. Few of our players have come from high divisions- most plucked from the football league or Scotland.

Basso- Woking
McCombe- Lincoln
Noble- Boston
Elliott- Millwall
Byfield- Millwall
Trundle- Swansea etc etc.

Percy Parrot
18-01-2008, 10:01 AM
Of course we'd be happy with a point.

3 main reasons-

1. Many of us are still shocked by our position and consider a point against clubs such as Palace a real success. Even a point at home is no disaster as it's all about keeping the points coming in.

2. Your league position is strong and you're on great form. A point away from home against strong opposition is fine.

3. Even if we are optimistic and hope to win automatic promotion (in my view still very unlikely- but I'm starting to think we could be top half and hopefully have a play-off push) then wins at home and draws away will do us fine.

Looking forward to meeting many of you tomorrow.

PS- Although I'd be happy enough with a point, feel free to give us all three :)

AndyStreet
18-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Percy Parrot
3. Even if we are optimistic and hope to win automatic promotion (in my view still very unlikely- but I'm starting to think we could be top half and hopefully have a play-off push) then wins at home and draws away will do us fine.

You've changed your tune in the last couple of weeks. :D

See you tomorrow mate. :p

sydnsteve
18-01-2008, 10:47 AM

Having just read that, a pretty amazing in depth description of team and players. Top stuff by whoever did it.

Percy Parrot
18-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by AndyStreet
You've changed your tune in the last couple of weeks. :D

See you tomorrow mate. :p

Not at all- EVEN if we are optimistic.

My personal feeling is that West Brom will win it and either Charlton or Watford will probably join them but I would not rule out Stoke. I think that lot will make the top 4 with Palace, Ipswich and Wolves fighting out the remaining Play-Off spots (with Cardiff being possible too).

We've done brilliantly well and obviously I'd love us to stay where we are now- but I think it remains one game at a time.

We've been lucky in some games, not been rolling sides over and so far we've been lucky with injuries this season.

I am certain we will slip down from our current place but I guess as time goes on we get a little more excited. Point is that even if we do finish 12th or lower this would still mean going in to April dreaming of a play-off place.

See you tomorrow, mate. Drop me a call about arrangements. Is Lauren coming? Anyone else from here likely to be around?

Percy Parrot
18-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by sydnsteve
Having just read that, a pretty amazing in depth description of team and players. Top stuff by whoever did it.

My mate Huw done it :) Top geezer and knows his football.

sydnsteve
18-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Pass on my congratulations, I doubt many Palace fans could have given such a good in depth account, and I hope you win every game after Saturday!

ChiswickEagle
18-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by sydnsteve
Pass on my congratulations, I doubt many Palace fans could have given such a good in depth account, and I hope you win every game after Saturday!

I would prefer it if they didn't win a certain game on 18 Feb....

Jay_Palace
18-01-2008, 02:41 PM
The city fans seem like a top bunch in general, having had a quick read of their main forum. Not atall arrogant and respectful towards us. Nice to see.

ooRya
18-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by ChiswickEagle
I would prefer it if they didn't win a certain game on 18 Feb....

Too late now mate, he's gone an' jinxed ya good an' proper! :D

ooRya
18-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
The city fans seem like a top bunch in general, having had a quick read of their main forum. Not atall arrogant and respectful towards us. Nice to see.

:love:

CHE
18-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Jay_Palace

Not forgetting their hatred of Millwall, of course!

AndyStreet
18-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Percy Parrot
Not at all- EVEN if we are optimistic.

My personal feeling is that West Brom will win it and either Charlton or Watford will probably join them but I would not rule out Stoke. I think that lot will make the top 4 with Palace, Ipswich and Wolves fighting out the remaining Play-Off spots (with Cardiff being possible too).

We've done brilliantly well and obviously I'd love us to stay where we are now- but I think it remains one game at a time.

We've been lucky in some games, not been rolling sides over and so far we've been lucky with injuries this season.

I am certain we will slip down from our current place but I guess as time goes on we get a little more excited. Point is that even if we do finish 12th or lower this would still mean going in to April dreaming of a play-off place.

See you tomorrow, mate. Drop me a call about arrangements. Is Lauren coming? Anyone else from here likely to be around? Don't be ridiculous - we're nailed on for second. :lux:

I'll give you a txt later this evening about tomorrow. I might even buy you a Magners if you ask nicely.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
18-01-2008, 03:23 PM
Their manager is very entertaining on Big League Weekend. He sounds like a butcher who's doing the City job in his spare time. Seems down to earth and no nonsense and seems to be able to get his players to respond to him.

ooRya
18-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
Their manager is very entertaining on Big League Weekend. He sounds like a butcher who's doing the City job in his spare time. Seems down to earth and no nonsense and seems to be able to get his players to respond to him.

Yeah, you should hear some of the gems he comes out with! We've got a whole sub forum dedicated to his quotes on our own board!

Definitely the best manager we have had at Bristol City for many a long year.

OldPeanutSeller
18-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Ron Dogers
Bristol City's is the name of my FFL team at work

Please keep us advised.

Percy Parrot
18-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by AndyStreet
Don't be ridiculous - we're nailed on for second. :lux:

I'll give you a txt later this evening about tomorrow. I might even buy you a Magners if you ask nicely.

Don't they do cider? :p

RickyB
18-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Fantastic research - very impressive.

I'm liking City and really looking forward to the game - two sets of proper teams and fans :)

Axeman
18-01-2008, 08:38 PM
RickyB, You obviously don't know how nasty their so called 'proper' fans can be then.

alf
18-01-2008, 10:19 PM
My son trialed for a bit at Yeovil when Gary Johnson was manager. Gary came over as a genuine and nice guy. I wish him well but not at the expense of Palace!

webgard
19-01-2008, 09:18 PM
I want to ask City fans who have kindly shared their view with us on this forum, to please comment on today's ugly scenes in the away stand. What do you think about CSF and its reputation? What have you, as City's genuine fans have done or planned to do to stop the thuggish behaviour of this group of fans whose acts will eventually demage your and your club's reputation?

917L
19-01-2008, 09:28 PM
In addition your side didnt exactly try to play the free flowing football I was expecting, most of your players spent the majprity of time comitting off the ball fouls on Palace players or rolling around as if shot when someone breathed near them. As for McIndoes pathetic histrionics

Isle of Wight
19-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by webgard
I want to ask City fans who have kindly shared their view with us on this forum, to please comment on today's ugly scenes in the away stand. What do you think about CSF and its reputation? What have you, as City's genuine fans have done or planned to do to stop the thuggish behaviour of this group of fans whose acts will eventually damage your and your club's reputation?

The Two sides of Bristol City
:(

Before the match I thought what a smart bunch of supporters BC had, based around the BC posters here. Then I saw that :eek: I havent seen anything like that for years :(

Nelson Muntz
19-01-2008, 09:33 PM

Gary Johnson should have read this. All the information was there right in front of him, but they still couldn't beat us.

webgard
19-01-2008, 10:04 PM
Answering my own question, here is few words from City fans on online forums:

They are absolute arseholes. Was there with my nephew - his first proper away game. He was very upset by the knuckleheads trying to get into the Palace side and fighting with the Police.
I hope the cops gave them a right good battering and they'll be identified and banned. Most of them seemed sad old 1980s throwbacks still doing a sort of chainstore casual look; Henri Lloyd jackets and broken noses - with a few silly little boys joining in. None of them interested in the football. T*ssers - all of them.
Palace need to up their segregation, too, mind. Nothing between them and our fans but a few stewards. Sadly, some of our idiots can't be treated like adults.

the guys near me must have watched at least 5 mins of football...the other 85 mins was spent swearing at the palace fans...what a bizaar way of spending an afternoon...

Most of them are probably banned from AG, hence why they are going to away games instead.

not enough segregation or police/stewards between could see something was going to happen way before it did with all the winding up that was going on.police hats wer flying everwhere near the end

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=92310

Although there are some people on the thread defending the thugs.

Lord Flange
19-01-2008, 10:16 PM
I loved this from a city forum .........

Palace typical Warnock team,cynical cheating bunch of thugs.How many times did the Palace players leave their foot in, how many off the ball incedents involving Palace players trying to intimidate our players.
This spilled over into the crowd where the Palace fans goaded the City fans by throwing objects.

Warnock is bad for football, the fighting with the fans stems from his cheating gamesmanship antics

:confused:

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
19-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Bristol City are right up near the top of my *****lub list.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
19-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Hopefully we'll take another three points off them on the 18th of Feb. at their place, and they'll drop right out of the playoffs so there is no danger we will have to play that bunch of moaning cheating wanke rs or interact with their shitty subhuman fans again.

Rizza
19-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Lord Flange
I loved this from a city forum .........

Palace typical Warnock team,cynical cheating bunch of thugs.How many times did the Palace players leave their foot in, how many off the ball incedents involving Palace players trying to intimidate our players.
This spilled over into the crowd where the Palace fans goaded the City fans by throwing objects.

Warnock is bad for football, the fighting with the fans stems from his cheating gamesmanship antics

:confused:

my reply!!

Cheating thugss Mmm how to you work that out!

FANS - 95% nice, good fans the other 5% THUGS that deserve to be banned from evry footabll match out to cause trouble
Team - Mcindoe Horrible left elbows and kicked lawrence in the face should have seen red to impy we are THUGS you need to look closer to home
Warnock is a impact manger and what ever he does works. i find him GOOD for football (english mourinho)
Yes palace have our bad boy players Hill (absolute ledg) you have to have someone liek that to get anywere.

cranesparkeagle
19-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Interesting logic by some of them. If I'm singing Glad All Over or Walking Down The Holmesdale Road that means I want a punch up! Glad most of them are giving these people short shrift.

Heb 7:4
19-01-2008, 11:15 PM
I met up with a City fan after the game, who just said "we've been Warnocked"!

He was also pretty ••••ed off with the no necks looking for trouble. Most City fans are ashamed of them.

Axeman
19-01-2008, 11:16 PM
As I said yesterday a few posts above, this lot are nasty scumbags. Always have been, always will be. They are from the same mould as scumwall fans. As for someone saying above that it is only 5% of their fans, they obviously were not in the Arfur today as I was, trying to comfort my crying 10 year old. I had my doubts about taking him today and I wish I had followed my head rather than my heart.

917L
19-01-2008, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Heb 7:4
I met up with a City fan after the game, who just said "we've been Warnocked"!

What he and all BC fans should acknowledge is that they were beaten by the better side on the day.

It really was that simple

Brett
19-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by 917L
What he and all BC fans should acknowledge is that they were beaten by the better side on the day.

We should have been 4 up at half-time.

Heb 7:4
19-01-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by 917L

I don't think he was suggesting otherwise, just pointing out that we have become a hard battling Warnock team. He also singled out Derry for being particularly annoying from a City fans point of view for breaking everything up. So important that we sign him.