PDA

View Full Version : Team News for the Bristol City game.

jhc
18-01-2008, 07:54 PM
No surprise that we are likely to be unchanged.
Danny Butterfield is back in training and could be on the bench
Paul Ifill has started training again but nowhere near first team action.
Lawrence and Hill were struggling earlier in the week but trained thursday & friday and should start.
Clint Hill was a free transfer to Palace!

NW impressed with Mosalem who was on trial at the club this week, and could be considered for a more permanent deal.
Several players could go out on loan next week. No names but they are thought to include Dave Martin, Stuart Green Scott Flinders , Grabban & Jeff Hughes(who's move to Bristol Rovers will only go through if he can agree personal terms, which he hasn't been able to do so far)

Derry's last game of his loan spell, but NW is not too confident that they can agree terms with Leeds Utd to make it permanent.
But the situation might change next week (my opinion not NW's)
If the papers are to be believed Wise doesn't want him back so watch this space.

kolinkins
18-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Hill on a free, having sold Cort for 1.2m is one of the deals of the season!

Thanks as always jhc

jamie12
18-01-2008, 07:56 PM
If Derry really is key to our revival, then why is NW hesitaing to get him? Pay the 800k or whatever it is!

AJ
18-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by jamie12
If Derry really is key to our revival, then why is NW hesitaing to get him? Pay the 800k or whatever it is!

What makes you think NW has 800k to spend? and even if he does, he is looking for 2 other players, which no doubt will cost money.

Maidstoned Eagle
18-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by jamie12

I think it's more to do with the fact that Leeds/Wise/Bates are being rather bolshy about the Derry deal, rather than NW not wanting to pay 800k.

thereichstuff
18-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Cheers jhc , all very intresting . The derry situation is being very well played out by neil ;) Good news on clint hill :eek: :lux:

adrenalin john
18-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Thanks jhc.

If there was ever two people in football who the term axis of evil was made for it is Wise and Bates.

jhc
18-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by thereichstuff
Cheers jhc , all very intresting . The derry situation is being very well played out by neil ;) Good news on clint hill :eek: :lux:

I don't think NW wants it coming out in the papers that we are prepared to pay anything to get Derry, so he is being very cagey, especially with the nation press in attendance.
Clearly Leeds want to get rid of him so why should we give Leeds the impression that we are prepared to pay over the top to get him?
I think there's a lot of kidology going on on this one!

Maidstoned Eagle
18-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Jerry, stop blabbing, you'll ruin NW's cunning plan. :p

jhc
18-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle
Jerry, stop blabbing, you'll ruin NW's cunning plan. :p

Pete, I'm only trying to read between the lines. I could be completely wrong! ;)

montstar
18-01-2008, 08:48 PM
i think there are many factors re Derry not least the wages, but heres hoping!

TheCharmer
18-01-2008, 09:03 PM
amazing that Clint Hill was on a free......

Ian Hart
18-01-2008, 09:27 PM
It's great to hear that Clint Hill was free, but certainly not amazing. The " if buy" price will often have been agreed at the start of the loan deal. At that stage, Hill was a player who wasn't holding down a place in the Stoke team, and during his time there was frequently injured - just the sort of scenario where a team wants to get rid of a player, regardless of getting no fee.

As for Derry, I'm pretty sure I recall Leeds signing him for free - is my memory correct? I can't blame Palace for not wishing to pay a fee for someone who had effectively become a League 1 reserve, especially if his club didn't pay a fee itself. I guess there is a point of principle here that Simon Jordan might be keen to stick to, and which Neil Warnock might well agree with too.

jstuart1234
18-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Could we see Victor Moses' home debut tomorrow(at long last)?

macs-tash
18-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Can people who are going to the city game give loud cheers for Derry please as working and not able to make it. If he is going to rot in Leeds reserves by playing for us let him go out on a high.

richdeniro
18-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by jstuart1234
Could we see Victor Moses' home debut tomorrow(at long last)?

He surely has to be on the bench at the very least!

Jay_Palace
19-01-2008, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by jhc
No surprise that we are likely to be unchanged.
Danny Butterfield is back in training and could be on the bench
Paul Ifill has started training again but nowhere near first team action.
Lawrence and Hill were struggling earlier in the week but trained thursday & friday and should start.
Clint Hill was a free transfer to Palace!

NW impressed with Mosalem who was on trial at the club this week, and could be considered for a more permanent deal.
Several players could go out on loan next week. No names but they are thought to include Dave Martin, Stuart Green Scott Flinders , Grabban & Jeff Hughes(who's move to Bristol Rovers will only go through if he can agree personal terms, which he hasn't been able to do so far)

Derry's last game of his loan spell, but NW is not too confident that they can agree terms with Leeds Utd to make it permanent.
But the situation might change next week (my opinion not NW's)
If the papers are to be believed Wise doesn't want him back so watch this space.

Superb as always, cheers Jerry.

This whole Derry business is like a game of poker. We certainly seem to have the stronger hand and I very much doubt Leeds will be atall keen to be lumbered with an unhappy player on big wages, come close of the window. May take up until the last minute but I'm confident Dezza will sign permanently.

If we're considering letting some players go out on loan, then surely that would suggest that reinforcements are just around the corner, as NW has said that at this moment in time, the squad is too thin? Here's hoping.

Gooders
19-01-2008, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Ian Hart

As for Derry, I'm pretty sure I recall Leeds signing him for free - is my memory correct? I can't blame Palace for not wishing to pay a fee for someone who had effectively become a League 1 reserve, especially if his club didn't pay a fee itself. I guess there is a point of principle here that Simon Jordan might be keen to stick to, and which Neil Warnock might well agree with too.

As a couple of others have suggested, I suspect any problem that might put paid to the deal will have far more to do with wages than anything else.

chatham_eagle
19-01-2008, 05:01 AM
If Hill was on a free, why was it reported as undisclosed? Not disputing your sources jhc, fan-bloody-tastic piece of news if he was.

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o
19-01-2008, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by chatham_eagle
If Hill was on a free, why was it reported as undisclosed? Not disputing your sources jhc, fan-bloody-tastic piece of news if he was.

Which begs the question why do Clubs sometimes declare transfers as "undisclosed" in the first place. Surely it will be out in the relevant clubs Accounts at some stage ? I've never quite got my head around that one..

eagleforlife
19-01-2008, 08:24 AM

Maybe Stoke asked us to do it as they didn't want to be seen as splashing big money out on Shawcross and Cort and getting no money back in for Hill.

TheCharmer
19-01-2008, 09:17 AM
or maybe there s a monetary terms agreed in the deal should we get promoted, win the Champions League etc

thewill
19-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by TheCharmer
or maybe there s a monetary terms agreed in the deal should we get promoted, win the Champions League etc

you mean WHEN we get promoted, win the Champions League etc?

Ruskin Old Boy
19-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the latest news, good stuff

Biggineagle
19-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle
I think it's more to do with the fact that Leeds/Wise/Bates are being rather bolshy about the Derry deal, rather than NW not wanting to pay 800k.

Agreed ME, not letting Derry go back when they requested him prolly put a spanner in the works:sob:

Ave Satani
19-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Anyone know if Kuqi is in the squad?

917L
19-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Ave Satani
Anyone know if Kuqi is in the squad?

Please god no

Jay_Palace
19-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Biggineagle
Agreed ME, not letting Derry go back when they requested him prolly put a spanner in the works:sob:

Leeds have no choice in this. Come the end of the window, they will be forced to deal and sell him on the cheap.

Crunchie
19-01-2008, 01:58 PM

Only guessing but a couple of months ago, we heard that Cort was going to go to Stoke for 1.4M and Clint Hill was going the other way for 200k at the end of the loan deal.

Both players knew they were being signed at the end of the loan deal it would seem.

Now it is Cort for 1.2m and Hill on a free.

All seems much of a muchness to me.

Thanks for the info Jerry

Maidstoned Eagle
19-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
Leeds have no choice in this. Come the end of the window, they will be forced to deal and sell him on the cheap.

We'll have to hope so.

desborough-john
19-01-2008, 02:56 PM
reported in the sun the fee for hill was 200.000k

jhc
20-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Just to clarify the situation
Re. Hill, NW said at the press conference on friday it was a free transfer.

The situation with Leon Cort was completely separate. The two deals were not linked in any way. The transfer fee was 1.2m plus a further payment of 200,000 should Stoke get promoted.

Re. Derry, NW has been very cautious about confirming whether we will sign him permanently, for good reason.
Although we obviously want to sign him, the negotiations with Leeds have proved to be difficult, and we can only guess as to why. He does have a good contract with Leeds apparently, and as some have suggested, the size of his wage demands could also be an issue but there is really no way of knowing this for sure.
My gut feeling is that something will be sorted out this week because he's clearly not in the future plans of Dennis Wise. Let's hope that's the case anyway.