PDA

View Full Version : Chris Coleman

SNELLGROVE
24-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Chris Coleman is inline for the managers job at Southampton and guess
who his first game might be against......

Latvian Eagle
24-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Too old and past it! ;)

eagle mart
24-01-2008, 02:04 PM
apparently he is not bad as an emergency striker!

Gollum
24-01-2008, 02:09 PM
His agent is Alan Smith.....

917L
24-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Gollum
His agent is Alan Smith.....

I was amazed when I saw him on SSN last night. He looked old...

Dartford Lad
24-01-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by 917L
I was amazed when I saw him on SSN last night. He looked old...

I saw him at Charing Cross a couple of months ago and thought exactly the same thing.

Back on topic, I don't think Coleman is all that as a manager anyway.

New LP
24-01-2008, 02:15 PM
They should appoint Billy Davis, but I hope they appoint someone like Hoddle or Souness.

cdm61
24-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Their fans prefer Billy Davies - ive been told by at least 1 of them, so it must be true

cpfc4evandeva
24-01-2008, 02:16 PM
I think Hoddle would be the best bet for them. Or Billy 'Wanker' Davies.

dave_who_ru
24-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Chris Armstrong/Coleman; I couldn't tell the difference when they were playing upfront.

I got a bit confused when they played the Coleman version against Arsenal in the semis.

Am I imagining that or was I smoking a big toke.

andyocpfc
24-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by eagle mart
apparently he is not bad as an emergency striker!

Ahhhh, the good old days. Remember him scoring a looping header (i think) at home to Everton. He played quite a lot one season up front didnt he. :)

Axie
24-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by andyocpfc
Ahhhh, the good old days. Remember him scoring a looping header (i think) at home to Everton. He played quite a lot one season up front didnt he. :)

Was it he who 'scored' against Chelsea in the cup (i think) where it was so muddy the ball got stuck on the goal line as he turned away to celebrate.

GEO1982
24-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Dartford Lad
I saw him at Charing Cross a couple of months ago and thought exactly the same thing.

Back on topic, I don't think Coleman is all that as a manager anyway.

Surprised by this that you dont think he is a good manager....look what has happened to Fulham since he has gone and look where he took real sociedad to 5th i think?
Not bad considering he was in a foriegn country and didnt speak the lingo.
I am not saying he is a brilliant manager just he has a fairly decent record for someone with little managerial experience and of a relatively young age.

917L
24-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Axie
Was it he who 'scored' against Chelsea in the cup (i think) where it was so muddy the ball got stuck on the goal line as he turned away to celebrate.

Yes, and it was a clear goal the ball stopped well over the line

Jay_Palace
24-01-2008, 02:50 PM
He'll be wanting a Prem job. Southampton are hardly an attractive proposition at the moment.

Jim Cannon
24-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Axie

Correct. A game that was played in an incredible storm. Chelski tried to spray the ball around like it was a normal day and it was their downfall, big time:D

Jim Cannon
24-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
He'll be wanting a Prem job. Southampton are hardly an attractive proposition at the moment.

Who in the Prem needs a manager like Cookie? No disrespect to him but I can't see him getting anymore than a coaching job in the Prem at the moment. Championship is far more realistic so Soton would be OK if he could get it IMHO.

Jay_Palace
24-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Jim Cannon
Who in the Prem needs a manager like Cookie? No disrespect to him but I can't see him getting anymore than a coaching job in the Prem at the moment. Championship is far more realistic so Soton would be OK if he could get it IMHO.

He's shown enough at Fulham and in Spain to suggest that he is better than Southampton. Billy Davies seems a much more likely candidate for them.

Kirby
24-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by GEO1982
and look where he took real sociedad to 5th i think?

In the Second Division.

Dartford Lad
24-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Surprised by this that you dont think he is a good manager....look what has happened to Fulham since he has gone and look where he took real sociedad to 5th i think?
Not bad considering he was in a foriegn country and didnt speak the lingo.
I am not saying he is a brilliant manager just he has a fairly decent record for someone with little managerial experience and of a relatively young age.

I would certainly like him to succeed and make a success of his managerial career, he was one of my favourite Palace players.

To be fair, Lawrie Sanchez is arguably an even worse manager so it's not a real shock to see them down the bottom!

Coleman did do ok at Fulham and I liked some of the players he got in (Niemi, Bullard etc..) but I think he should have done a bit better with them.

MasterYoda
24-01-2008, 03:16 PM
He can't expect more than a Championship club given that he's come from the spanish second division.

MasterYoda
24-01-2008, 03:34 PM

SexualChocolate
24-01-2008, 05:08 PM
I think if he went to Soton it would be a win-win situation for all concerned. He can rebuild his reputation, Soton get a good up-and-coming manager.

917L
24-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Kirby
In the Second Division.

He didnt take them there did he, thats where they were when he took over

Kirby
24-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by 917L
He didnt take them there did he,

I never said he did.

917L
24-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Kirby
I never said he did.

So what was the relevence of the post?

Kirby
24-01-2008, 08:28 PM
look what has happened to Fulham since he has gone and look where he took real sociedad to 5th i think?

5th in Division Two. I was just pointing this out for anyone who thought he'd got them to 5th in La Liga - which would've been some feat.

Is this ok?