PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Grabban

T.C.
04-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Grabban, a 150,000 transfer-window buy from Crystal Palace, was substituted at half-time during Saturday's disappointing 3-0 home defeat by Doncaster.

"I took Lewis off because he wanted a little bit too much time on the ball, and we didn't have that," said Jackett.

"I think the transition from reserve football to the first team is difficult when you're in our position, and Lewis has suffered a little bit.

Above quoted from Sporting Life website.

I don't want to wish any ex-player bad luck and I know it's early days but getting reports like this indicates that maybe we made the right decision by letting him go?

dee eff
04-02-2008, 03:07 PM
A Millwall associate of mine who knows his onions doesn't seem too impressed with the lad.

We paid 150k for Lewis Grabban who in 3 games looks worse than Chris Zebroski who is we have farmed out on loan to Torquay because he's useless. I never thought I'd live to see the day when we had a striker who gives away more needless free kicks than Ben May but then again he was signed as his replacement.

smileysmith
04-02-2008, 03:15 PM
Saw similar in the Standard - Jackett asking that the fans give Grabban more time ...