PDA

View Full Version : Hill: I'm Just A Stop Gap

ZOHAR
10-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Hill predicts huge future for Hills

Clint Hill insists his stint in Palace's left-back berth is purely a temporary measure before Lee Hills makes the position his own.

The experienced defender has made an impressive impact since moving from Stoke in November -- but he has told the Advertiser that his teenage colleague will soon take over as Palace's regular first team left-back.

He said: "Lee Hills is the future of this club and really I'm just a stop gap because he has much potential.

"I don't mind playing left-back -- but obviously I'm more used to playing centre half."

For the full interview see Friday's Advertiser.

Oliver V
10-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Aww...bless.

FromSelhurst
10-04-2008, 09:43 PM
hill and fonte would make a decent center back partnership.

Tomo
10-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by FromSelhurst
hill and fonte would make a decent center back partnership. I agree. I quite like Clint Hill as a person. Seems to know where he stands as a footballer.

limited_edition
10-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by FromSelhurst
hill and fonte would make a decent center back partnership. They will do if as expected Hudson leaves.

David Amsalem
10-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Hill and Fonte in the middle PLEASE.

the digger
10-04-2008, 10:08 PM
i think that's what we'll be getting
and no bad thing

macstar
10-04-2008, 10:14 PM
big respect for Clint Hill, hes been good since hes been here, but Lee Hills can PLAY FOOTBALL, and is the future.

<_tece_>
11-04-2008, 01:08 AM
What about Wiggins?

AJ
11-04-2008, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by <_tece_>
What about Wiggins?

Possibly better than Hills:eek:

Ron Dogers
11-04-2008, 07:29 AM
When backs are against the wall you need blokes like Clint. It is no coincidence our fortunes turned when he joined.

Trist
11-04-2008, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Ron Dogers
When backs are against the wall you need blokes like Clint. It is no coincidence our fortunes turned when he joined.
Agreed, I've been mighty impressed with him. He pretty much sums up everything that the team was lacking under Taylor.

Chris K
11-04-2008, 08:01 AM
thats settled then, tell Hudson what he can do with his request for 11k p/w and put Clint in the middle with Fonte

Palaceman95
11-04-2008, 08:04 AM
I reckon Hill could form a really good partnership with Fonte in the middle, you have the tough tackling no nonsense centre half, with the cultured ball playing centre half, i feel that is always a good combination. And i must say i do think Clint is a better defender than Hudson, not to mention also Clint also adding that unusual left sided central defender option.

GUCCI Eagle
11-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Quite a mature assessment. I think he'd have a place in the squad even if we went up.

Nelson Muntz
11-04-2008, 08:10 AM
Absolutely. Clint is a real man.

Away Day Eagle
11-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Nelson Muntz
Absolutely. Clint is a real man.

100% Correct.

A 'stand up' bloke :p

sheepy
11-04-2008, 08:15 AM
What about Wiggins?

His lack of emergence into a team that has blooded youngsters at every opportunity suggests that the injury he sustained has destroyed a very promising career.

Cyneagle
11-04-2008, 08:20 AM
What about Wiggins?

I've heard a lot about Wiggins. What are his qualities as a footballer?

GUCCI Eagle
11-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by sheepy
His lack of emergence into a team that has blooded youngsters at every opportunity suggests that the injury he sustained has destroyed a very promising career.

I don't think it's destroyed - just a very difficult injury to come back from.

cpfc4evandeva
11-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Derry and Hill have probably been two of the best signings we've had in recent years. Long term they possibly might not be up to it, BUT if we do go up then they would have done CPFC's long term future a massive boost!

sheepy
11-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by GUCCI Eagle
I don't think it's destroyed - just a very difficult injury to come back from.

He needs to be playing regular first team football by the end of next season. I hope we either loan him out or sell him so that he can get the opportunity to come back from this injury and make a career for himself. Its a crying shame as he could well have been a regular fixture in the Welsh and Palace side by this point had he not picked up the injury.

I really hope he can fulfill his early potential but its looking less and less likely.

Budgie Byrne
11-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by cpfc4evandeva
Derry and Hill have probably been two of the best signings we've had in recent years. Long term they possibly might not be up to it, BUT if we do go up then they would have done CPFC's long term future a massive boost!

Not so sure, I think Dowie made a huge mistake letting the mullett go after we were promoted. In those vital few last games when Aki was out of action, SD would have done a job for us. Even before then can we really say that the majority of the summer buys were better than SD.

Both Shaun and Clint would be great squad members in the premier league where survival in truth will be down to winning or at least not losing those games against the lower placed sides, with these two in our team we would have a fighting chance!

Jay_Palace
11-04-2008, 11:19 AM
He needs to be playing regular first team football by the end of next season. I hope we either loan him out or sell him so that he can get the opportunity to come back from this injury and make a career for himself. Its a crying shame as he could well have been a regular fixture in the Welsh and Palace side by this point had he not picked up the injury.

I really hope he can fulfill his early potential but its looking less and less likely.

Quite.

Does anyone actually know what's going on here? What is wrong with him this time? To be honest I'm expecting this one to go the same way as Aaron Fray, who I would think is a cert to get his cards in the summer.

Celestial Empire
11-04-2008, 11:25 AM
One of the issues with Clint Hill (and probably why Stoke let him go), is that he is quite often injured.
In case you've forgotten, Hudson is an "ever present" and very rarely injured - another quality that he gets no credit for on here.
Clint's decent injury free run this season may be because he is NOT playing in the more physically demanding CB slot.

FraserH
11-04-2008, 11:34 AM
i wouldnt mind seeing clint and fonte together but imo Hudson is a far better defender all round than clint. i would rather keep hudson but if he goes clint is a great back up.

Ron Dogers
11-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Away Day Eagle
100% Correct.

A 'stand up' bloke :p

In the first minutes of his first game, he was urging people on, organising and clenching his fists at stuff happening.

When you think NW has used the "Swap" cash from Cort, who I do rate as a much better CH than many on her, to get Clint, Derry, Danns and then swapped loaners to get in the new lads....compare that to the dosh Taylor $punked up the wall

AJ
11-04-2008, 02:15 PM

When you think NW has used the "Swap" cash from Cort, who I do rate as a much better CH than many on her, to get Clint, Derry, Danns and then swapped loaners to get in the new lads....compare that to the dosh Taylor $punked up the wall

Interesting that Danns and Derry only cost about 750k compared to the 1.2m for Cort. Hill was on a free I believe?

I hope we are getting most of Derry's fee back from Leeds with the DF loan :p

FORZA SELHURST
11-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Quite impressed with Clint Hill here. And it's no mean compliment for young Lee - seasoned old pros like Clint don't just throw out these compliments.

<_tece_>
11-04-2008, 05:45 PM

But surely he's only just coming back?

<_tece_>
11-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Cyneagle
I've heard a lot about Wiggins. What are his qualities as a footballer?

I think he's an agressive, attacking full-back who loves a tackle... so I've heard.

orp pisshead1
11-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by AJ
Possibly better than Hills:eek:

Pre injury deffinately imo.