PDA

View Full Version : Morrison hails Moses

RickyB
14-04-2008, 10:30 AM
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/palace/eaglesnews/display.var.2194135.0.morrison_hails_moses.php

Positive stuff!

--

CRYSTAL Palace striker Clinton Morrison has revealed he rates young Eagles prodigy Victor Moses so highly he would pay to watch him play.

Morrison, a product of the Palace youth academy, expressed his desire to mentor the extremely gifted youngster after witnessing Moses tear Scunthorpe United apart with a combination of skill, strength and pace during the 2-0 victory on Saturday.

Palace took the lead at Selhurst Park in the 20th minute after a typical surging run from loanee Scott Sinclair found Moses, who subsequently glided past Cliff Byrne with consummate ease to square to Tom Soares for a simple finish.

Moses was again provider in the 38th minute, hitting a perfect cross for Morrison to head home in front of the watching Republic of Ireland manager Giovanni Trapattoni.

The 17-year-old received possession on the left-wing and set off on a similarly dazzling run which again bamboozled the Scunthorpe defence before giving Morrison the opportunity to end his mini goal drought.

Morrison said: "Victor is sensational, he is a joy to watch and when I finish playing and hang up my boots, I'll still come here to watch him play because he is a breath of fresh air.
advertisement

"I'd pay to come and watch him play. He has got skill, ability and strength but he needs to make sure he does it in the right areas.

"He listens and wants to do well and he can go anywhere he wants.

"Victor is quiet, listens and has no back chat. I love him and I'm trying to mentor him.

"I talk to him all the time and his ability is frightening. I love him as a person because he hasn't got any big time about him."

Morrison is well aware of the irony behind his admiration for the reserved attitude of Moses following the reputation associated to the Irish international as being somewhat egotistical.

He said: "I was a bit gobby and arrogant and that is how I went out on the pitch and played, but Victor doesn't need to be like that.

"He is quiet and focused and when he crosses that white line nothing fazes him.

"I've played the game a long time now and I know when you are young you need encouraging.

"I had it here when I was younger when players like Dougie Freedman and Neil Shipperley came and spoke to me when I was breaking through and it helps the youngsters and gives them a boost."

Meanwhile, manager Neil Warnock revealed John Bostock is close to returning to the first-team set up.

The 16-year old is currently studying for his GCSE examinations and hasn't featured for Palace since January following the 2-0 FA Cup defeat to Watford.

Warnock said: "Bostock is swatting away for his 10 GCSEs, but he is training two or three days a week and that has toughened him up.

"He doesn't look far away from the team now."

CPFC_R_GREAT
14-04-2008, 10:40 AM
:lux: :lux: :lux:

Great stuff, well in Clint, good news on JB as well!

chatham_eagle
14-04-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by RickyB
I love him and I'm trying to mentor him.

Ah :love:

Seriously if people still doubt Clinton's maturity levels, they need to look at this.
Top bloke :p

chatham_eagle
14-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Another similar article from http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=250080&command=displayContent&sourceNode=251365&contentPK=20392289&folderPk=115712&pNodeId=251366

GRANDAD CLINTON HAILS STRIKE DUO

Morrison on Moses and Sinclair

Eagles talisman Clinton Morrison says he is like a "grandad" to his new forward partners Victor Moses and Scott Sinclair.

The trio have started Palace's two previous matches against Stoke and Scunthorpe and helped Neil Warnock's side pick up maximum points.

And as the elder statesman of the attacking trio, Morrison admits he passes on his words of wisdom to the two teenage starlets during games.

He said: "I love playing alongside Moses and Sinclair, they have got ability and pace - they are brilliant and they bring a lot to the team.

"Scott's been great since coming here while Victor has been like a breath of fresh air - the way he takes people on is frightening.

"But, I have to talk to them throughout the game, sometimes they can over do it in the wrong areas of the pitch, but they are young and are still learning.

He then quipped: "I'm kind of like the grandad for them."

For the full interview see Friday's Advertiser.

Jimmy Eagle
14-04-2008, 10:53 AM
If Hudson does one in the summer (and maybe if he doesn't) i think Clinton would make a fantastic captain. I know some people prefer to have a captain in the middle or at the back, but i think he would be superb.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
14-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Jimmy Eagle
If Hudson does one in the summer (and maybe if he doesn't) i think Clinton would make a fantastic captain. I know some people prefer to have a captain in the middle or at the back, but i think he would be superb.

I really don't see Clinton as a captain but it's great he's having a positive influence, showing a mature attitude and taking on responsibility :)

ardeo
14-04-2008, 12:20 PM
I think Clinton does lots of talking and encouraging as the article says, him being captain would not add anything to that, and it might take his focus away from solely on the youngsters.

Walrus
14-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by ardeo
I think Clinton does lots of talking and encouraging as the article says, him being captain would not add anything to that, and it might take his focus away from solely on the youngsters.

Good post.

A team needs "senior pro's" throughout the team, as well as a captain. Clinton is fast becoming a model pro and, despite being younger than Scowcroft, clearly is the senior striker at the club.

:love:

ardeo
14-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Walrus
Good post.

Woop woop!!!

Cheers.

Agree about the need for senior pros (or leaders) all over the pitch. You just have to look at Arsenal to see what happens when you don't have enough leaders on the pitch!

The Sniper
14-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Good on yer Clinton!

Trist
16-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Great stuff, and really nice to hear reports from Clint that Victor is a down to earth kid.

That's what I'd heard from one of his former teachers too & its pleasing to hear after there were "reports" or rumours that he was acting like the so called "big time charlie".