PDA

View Full Version : Problem with text boxes in Word

cpfc86
29-04-2008, 07:52 PM
I've tried a couple of computer forums without much success, so i thought i would see if anyone here may have had this problem before.

In Word 2003, i created a text box and added some text within it.

Now when i create a new text box in the same document either the text from the original box will appear in the new box, or any text i write in the new box will appear in the original box! if i delete the text in one, the text will delete in the other text box. I haven't linked them and it's really frustrating.

Usually i'd bodge it, but being my dissertation, i would rather like to find a solution! :)

Thanks for any help!

Hedgehog
29-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Text boxes in Word are the work of the Devil! Nothing but problems IMHO.

cpfc86
29-04-2008, 08:17 PM
It would seem that way, i've never had this problem before, or anything similar. It's bugging the hell out of me, i can't find an answer anywhere. :veryangry

Dodger
29-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Just to check it's not a setting in Word you have triggered, try replicating in a totally new word document.

cpfc86
29-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Ah! Getting somewhere, I've just copied the same text box into a new word document like you suggested and it's not doing it in that one. So any ideas on the setting i may have triggered?

Dodger
29-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Don't know for sure, probably your word document somehow just got screwed up. Could find if you copy and paste the whole content into a new document that will fix it.

Either that or try deleting your text boxes from the current doc and then try adding them from scratch again.