PDA

View Full Version : Recording from Sky + or Virgin (James please read!)

Heb 7:4
19-05-2008, 06:10 PM
And of course anyone else who may be able to help. I just noticed James had some ideas in this (http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=169619) thread.

So here's the problem. My (yank) misses is addicted to this US show called Forensic Files, and I have searched all over the internet to get it, only I can't find it (other than episodes on the DVD, which I already bought her). Except flicking though channels on cable last Friday I saw it's on on Friday nights on UKTV people. I only have the basic package as the cable just came free with the phone, and I'm not paying another 11 a month for a bunch of channels I won't watch.

So my plan is this. If I can find a friend willing to set his Sky or Virgin + to record it I can just go round there every so often with a DVD recorder (which I don't have at the moment, but has got to work out as cheaper than 11 a month for a year) and copy everything he (or she) has recorded for my misses and she'll be really really happy and that much less home sick. Only I have no idea how to go about it.

Please help!

Brumie Allan
19-05-2008, 11:53 PM
As stated by james you can record direct from sky+ to DVD recorder, your problem is that they are recorded in real time so you would have to get your friend to record them for you or you are going to spend a lot of time around your friends.