PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal's squad tonight


UEAgle
23-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Lukasz Fabianski (23)
Gavin Hoyte (18)
Alexandre Song (21)
Johan Djourou (21)
Kieran Gibbs (18)
Fran Merida (18)
Aaron Ramsey (17)
Jack Wilshere (16)
Mark Randall (18)
Carlos Vela (19)
Nicklas Bendtner (20)

SUBSTITUTES

Vito Mannone (20)
Francis Coquelin (17)
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas (17)
Henri Lansbury (17)
Abu Ogogo (18)
Jay Simpson (19)
Emmanuel Frimpong (16)

Average age of squad = 18.5

Wow

Skiddo
23-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Typical Wenger crying out for attention.

montstar
23-09-2008, 07:28 PM
and they're winning

stupalace
23-09-2008, 07:28 PM
winning 2-0 now

UEAgle
23-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Skiddo
Typical Wenger crying out for attention.

Eh?

UEAgle
23-09-2008, 07:31 PM
3-0

lanepe
23-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Fantastic stuff.

Wish it was on the tellybox.

Skiddo
23-09-2008, 07:34 PM
It smacks of arrogance and is of no benefit to football in the long run.

Why should teams like Sheff Utd bother to prepare for this game properly when Wenger puts out a bunch of GCSE pupils. They might be good enough, but it de-values the game completely.

Super-Ste-Cious
23-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by UEAgle
Eh?

Yeah don't quite get it either. Regardless of their nationalities - they really are awesome to watch. But apparently Spurs in the place to go to be nutured:D

Super-Ste-Cious
23-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Skiddo
Why should teams like Sheff Utd bother to prepare for this game properly when Wenger puts out a bunch of GCSE pupils. They might be good enough, but it de-values the game completely.

Not at all. If Sheff Utd were pissing over them - then Id agree, it de-values it - but if they are good enough, they are old enough. FFS, people moan about giving younsters a go - he does, and gets criticised. The mind boggles.

UEAgle
23-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Skiddo
It smacks of arrogance and is of no benefit to football in the long run.

Why should teams like Sheff Utd bother to prepare for this game properly when Wenger puts out a bunch of GCSE pupils. They might be good enough, but it de-values the game completely.

Nonsense.

Hedgehog
23-09-2008, 07:39 PM
And actually a couple of English sounding names in there too.

UEAgle
23-09-2008, 07:40 PM
10 British players in the squad too.

lanepe
23-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Well said Super-Ste-Cious

Super-Ste-Cious
23-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Skiddo
It smacks of arrogance and is of no benefit to football in the long run.

Sorry I misread this bit...

You are saying it is no benefit!!! Seriously? Firstly it benefits the players immensely, benefits Arsenal for the future - and whereas Chelsea, Man Utd etc tend to bring in more - Arsenal do often promote youngsters into the first team sqaud, and by the sounds of it is a joy to watch too.

Yeah no benefit at all :rolleyes:

Skiddo
23-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Nonsense?

Just remember, most of Arsenal youngsters dont originally come from their Academy or community schemes, they are other clubs John Bostocks.

Maximus Dowieus
23-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Skiddo
It smacks of arrogance and is of no benefit to football in the long run.

Why should teams like Sheff Utd bother to prepare for this game properly when Wenger puts out a bunch of GCSE pupils. They might be good enough, but it de-values the game completely.

Nonsense.

Skiddo
23-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Super-Ste-Cious
Sorry I misread this bit...

You are saying it is no benefit!!! Seriously? Firstly it benefits the players immensely, benefits Arsenal for the future - and whereas Chelsea, Man Utd etc tend to bring in more - Arsenal do often promote youngsters into the first team sqaud, and by the sounds of it is a joy to watch too.

Yeah no benefit at all :rolleyes:

As long as well all care about Arsenal eh?

Jay_Palace
23-09-2008, 07:46 PM
A top club's children turn over what I presume is the strongest line up of a top CCC club.

Does nobody else find that a tad depressing? We might as well all give up, as the gap between the the haves and the have nots has reached absurd proportions.

Voldo
23-09-2008, 07:46 PM
If Bostock had joined Arsenal it wouldn't have hurt so much

Jay_Palace
23-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Skiddo
Nonsense?

Just remember, most of Arsenal youngsters dont originally come from their Academy or community schemes, they are other clubs John Bostocks.

I agree completely.

jookbeard
23-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Have to give a lot of respect to Wenger

UEAgle
23-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Skiddo
Nonsense?

Just remember, most of Arsenal youngsters dont originally come from their Academy or community schemes, they are other clubs John Bostocks.

9 of tonight's squad came through the Arsenal academy from 7/8/9 etc.

cpfcfan1
23-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Carlos Alberto Vela impressing tonight.

Skiddo
23-09-2008, 07:51 PM
I bet there's another game on tonight that Aaron Ramsey would rather be playing in.

UEAgle
23-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by UEAgle
9 of tonight's squad came through the Arsenal academy from 7/8/9 etc.

10 if you include Ogogo, who joined from Wimbledon when they relocated (much like Lee Hills, who we regard as a product of our academy).

Skiddo
23-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
A top club's children turn over what I presume is the strongest line up of a top CCC club.

Does nobody else find that a tad depressing? We might as well all give up, as the gap between the the haves and the have nots has reached absurd proportions.

This is my point.

Sheff Utd are not that different from Palace.

Super-Ste-Cious
23-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Skiddo
As long as well all care about Arsenal eh?

I admit I love watching Arsenal - would rather watch Arsenal youngsters than even Chelsea's first team.

cpfcfan1
23-09-2008, 07:55 PM
4 0 Arsenal.

Highbury Eagle
23-09-2008, 07:56 PM
4 nil

Super-Ste-Cious
23-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Skiddo
This is my point.

Sheff Utd are not that different from Palace.

I agree its depressing from a Palace point of view - but from a pure footballing point of view, I can't see your point.

UEAgle
23-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Skiddo
This is my point.

Sheff Utd are not that different from Palace.

Arsenal are on fire and Sheffield United are having an off day. On another day United would win this (after all, Arsenal's first-team lost at Fulham a few weeks ago).

Arsenal are hardly the 'haves' either, especially compared to Chelsea, Man United/City etc. They are a model for setting up a worldwide scouting system and showing faith and patience in a manager who wants to invest in youth.

Shipp Ahoy!
23-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Swansea 1-0 Cardiff

Voldo
23-09-2008, 08:02 PM
its 5

Woodside_CP
23-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by UEAgle
Arsenal are on fire and Sheffield United are having an off day. On another day United would win this (after all, Arsenal's first-team lost at Fulham a few weeks ago).

Arsenal are hardly the 'haves' either, especially compared to Chelsea, Man United/City etc. They are a model for setting up a worldwide scouting system and showing faith and patience in a manager who wants to invest in youth.

Don't underestimate this. A team of teenagers and kids in their early 20's beating an experience and quality championship side is phenomenol (sp?). Look at the sheff team below - good experienced pro's, most with premiership experience.

Sheff Utd: Kenny, Halford, Morgan, Kilgallon, Naysmith, Cotterill, Speed, Quinn, Montgomery, Beattie, Webber.

Subs: Hendrie, Bennett, Sharp, Geary, Robertson, Naughton, Ehiogu

Arsenal are going to have some team in the future. Shame the English lads are still in the minority though.

Super-Ste-Cious
23-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Woodside_CP
Arsenal are going to have some team in the future. Shame the English lads are still in the minority though.

As he said though - 10 are British. Obviously many, if not most of them won't make it at Arsenal - but its not all foreigners.

jansabo
23-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Skiddo
Nonsense?

Just remember, most of Arsenal youngsters dont originally come from their Academy or community schemes, they are other clubs John Bostocks.

But the clubs at least get decent money for bringing up the players.

henryhallandhisbasque
23-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Skiddo
Nonsense?

Just remember, most of Arsenal youngsters dont originally come from their Academy or community schemes, they are other clubs John Bostocks. Poppycock.

Super-Ste-Cious
23-09-2008, 08:32 PM
6-0 - Vela hattrick

Gladys Allover
23-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Woodside_CP
Arsenal are going to have some team in the future. Shame the English lads are still in the minority though. Most teams in the top two divisions have as many non-English players as English, it's not just Arsenal.

As for the 'may as well give up brigade', out of my 29 years of supporting Palace we have been in the top flight for well under half that time yet i wouldn't support any one else.

My 18 month old son had a fit last night because he couldn't wear his Palace shirt to bed, it is the way it is and it doesn't matter how well or badly we do, we just do it! Better than supporting some boring franchise, used by a billionaire to play fantasy football in the Champions League!

Woodside_CP
23-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Gladys Allover
Most teams in the top two divisions have as many non-English players as English, it's not just Arsenal.

That's not true. Arsenal definitely have more than average non-english players. Look at tonight, most other teams would have mainly English lads in a team made up from teenagers and early 20's.

FromSelhurst
23-09-2008, 08:55 PM
4 strikers, not including theo who are on fire for arse at the mo. very impressive.

Harry Holmesdale
23-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Arsenal do this, great headline grabbing results, everyone crowing about the youngsters and Wenger but they end up winning nothing and the better players end up leaving

Don't get me wrong, as a Palace fan I would love it !

kolinkins
23-09-2008, 08:59 PM
If this lot keep going the way there are, the future of English football can be much brighter than it looks right now.

Wenger is the credit to the game.

Ready Teddy
23-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Good to see Arsenal will never win anything ever again.

CPFC-LOCAL CLUB FOR LOCAL PEOPLE

Sick Bucket
23-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Ready Teddy
Good to see Arsenal will never win anything ever again.


How do you work that out?

Mind you I should keep my mouth shut, I was looking at Sheff Utd @ 7/1 and thinking that was a good price, was one click away from sticking a fiver on it, thankfully a call from a friend distracted me and I forgot.

Jukesy
23-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Arsenal finished the game with every outfield player being a teenager - Wenger is one in a million.

Harry Holmesdale
23-09-2008, 09:19 PM
They play the youth in this cup and then get knocked out in the semis (see Spurs last year) get found out in the other cups, FA, Europe and League, as they have a weak squad compared to rest

Great on the eye, great manager, but Arsene is also quite vain and unable to see the bigger picture and buy ready made quality when needed

Saying all this, I would be happy !
But big 4 they aren't really, wont be shortly

Gooders
23-09-2008, 09:24 PM
50% of the posts on this thread have been rendered risible by the 6-0 scoreline.

Palace121
23-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Harry Holmesdale
They play the youth in this cup and then get knocked out in the semis (see Spurs last year) get found out in the other cups, FA, Europe and League, as they have a weak squad compared to rest

Great on the eye, great manager, but Arsene is also quite vain and unable to see the bigger picture and buy ready made quality when needed

Saying all this, I would be happy !
But big 4 they aren't really, wont be shortly

Yeah they will. They'll be 3rd this year and the top 4 won't change for a few years yet. I'd say their biggest fault is trying to walk the ball into the net too often.

Ruskin Old Boy
23-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Palace121
Yeah they will. They'll be 3rd this year and the top 4 won't change for a few years yet. I'd say their biggest fault is trying to walk the ball into the net too often.

True; but I'd settle for palace getting it in the net by any means

Oddjob
23-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Arsene Wenger is the best manager our game will see.

How anyone can criticize tonights performance is beyond me, the guy has played incredible football with kids.

Justin
23-09-2008, 10:30 PM
I went tonight. Sheff Utd were shocking, not one tackle all night.

And Beattie - £30k a week - what a ****.

Mind you the Arsenal passing and movement was a bit special.

Oddjob
23-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger picked a starting line-up with an average age of only 19 and then was able to sit back and watch them tear apart their Championship opponents.

Shit !

AJ
23-09-2008, 10:34 PM
It puts our belief that Palace's youth are the best around into perspective.

UEAgle
23-09-2008, 10:34 PM
Although not to the same sort of scale, we should be copying the Arsenal model, especially considering the quality of our academy.

west country boy
23-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Justin
And Beattie - £30k a week Really? If so - ••••••• hell!

Oddjob
23-09-2008, 10:40 PM
AW is just immense, no one can even compare to him, he is the finest manager our game will see.

Hedgehog
23-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Justin
I went tonight................. the Arsenal passing and movement was a bit special.
15 quid on the night wasn't it.... pretty good value it would seem.

Oddjob
23-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Hedgehog
15 quid on the night wasn't it.... pretty good value it would seem.

My bro paid £10 in advance.

How does that stack up against us?

IanH
23-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Just got back - was Wilshere the guy we were after? He was awesome for a 16 year old - no contest between him and Bostock - he ran the game for Arsenal tonight against the likes of Speed and Hendry. I could see him getting in the first team squad this season. From tonight's game, it appears that Arsenal now have a lot of English youngsters coming through and they all look exceptional. Watch this space.

Aaroncpfc
23-09-2008, 11:08 PM
I've just came back from the match and if we could ANY of the Arsenal attacking players, regardless whether it's Wilkshire, Merida or one of the subsitutes (Simpson and Lansbury etc.) we'd go back up the table. The flair in the Arsenal team was absolutely amazing to watch.

Shamone
24-09-2008, 12:01 AM
This is a Palace board right?

Owngoal
24-09-2008, 12:05 AM
If you had to support another team or choose to watch one it would be Arsenal - based on the type of football they try to play. When i think back to the 'lucky' Arsenal sides of the past they were boring in comparison. For the sake of football I hope that they win the Premiership and European Cup. A few of their 'cast offs' would be very welcome.

Billyd
24-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Skiddo
Nonsense?

Just remember, most of Arsenal youngsters dont originally come from their Academy or community schemes, they are other clubs John Bostocks.


whilst in principle i agree with what you are saying, it is not the case with arsenal however. there youngests are given alot of chance

macstar
24-09-2008, 01:11 AM
a striker on loan please!!

Hedgehog
24-09-2008, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Shamone
This is a Palace board right?
It would seem that 3 people on here were at the game..... that is pretty amazing if they weren't together.

Plus 56,632 for a Mickey Mouse game.... :eek:

PeterH
24-09-2008, 03:17 AM
At least Arsenal have an acadamy and pay decent compensation for others youngsters. Unlike Spurs who poach their players for peanuts while forking out 10 million amounts for overseas mediocrity.

Icy
24-09-2008, 07:19 AM
Arsenal poach most of thier young players too (usually from European clubs) so they are no different to any of the other big four clubs.

Who Cares?
24-09-2008, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by macstar
a striker on loan please!!

The one we have been linked with, Rui Fonte, was not even in the squad! Could be injured I suppose, but the depth of talent there is amazing.

David of Kent
24-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Icy
Arsenal poach most of thier young players too (usually from European clubs) so they are no different to any of the other big four clubs.

Originally posted by UEAgle
9 of tonight's squad came through the Arsenal academy from 7/8/9 etc.

If this is a good source then it doesn't seem to be the case.

On a side note (and not aimed at anyone in particular), my own personal barometer of whether I think somebody knows nothing about football comes into play when (a) a poster tells you that Frank Lampard is crap or (b) a poster can't just sit back and enjoy what Arsene Wenger and Arsenal produce.

Jim Bhoy
24-09-2008, 08:30 AM
I don't care how good Arsenal were last night. It's a well known fact that their Academy is the best in the country. I remember reading that their youth team were beating West Ham's youngsters 9-0 with 20 minutes to go last year, when both sides agreed to call the final whistle, as West Ham were taking such a beating.

What concerns me more is the fact that 3 Palace fans went to the Emirates to watch it.........I don't care if it was £10 or £15 a ticket, these fans should be ashamed of themselves. No wonder we're getting crowds of less than 15k when our fans think it's ok to go and support Arsenal when Palace aren't playing.

Sick Bucket
24-09-2008, 08:39 AM
I think the idea that Palace fans are only allowed to watch Palace games is ridiculous, I live in Spain I suppose I shouldn't go and watch Barca play or any football at all then? Silly idea, most football fans like watching football regardless who's playing.

Adlerhorst
24-09-2008, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Sick Bucket
I think the idea that Palace fans are only allowed to watch Palace games is ridiculous, I live in Spain I suppose I shouldn't go and watch Barca play or any football at all then? Silly idea, most football fans like watching football regardless who's playing. Agree with the above.

Going to Palace is nothing to do with football and all about identity. If Palace played good football frankly that would be a bonus.

The football fan in me would never go and watch Palace for the football, but is very tempted to go to the next round if Palace are not playing, Arse are playing at home, and it is the kids, and only a tenner.

Justin
24-09-2008, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Jim Bhoy

What concerns me more is the fact that 3 Palace fans went to the Emirates to watch it.........I don't care if it was £10 or £15 a ticket, these fans should be ashamed of themselves. No wonder we're getting crowds of less than 15k when our fans think it's ok to go and support Arsenal when Palace aren't playing.

Sorry.

Icy
24-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by David of Kent
If this is a good source then it doesn't seem to be the case.

On a side note (and not aimed at anyone in particular), my own personal barometer of whether I think somebody knows nothing about football comes into play when (a) a poster tells you that Frank Lampard is crap or (b) a poster can't just sit back and enjoy what Arsene Wenger and Arsenal produce.

Its not a good source at all. From last nights starting 11 only 3 were homegrown talent:

Fabiañski - Legia Warszawa (Poland)
Hoyte - Arsenal Schoolboy
Djourou - Etoile-Carouge FC (Swiss)
Song Billong – Bastia (France)
Gibbs – Wimbledon
Randall – Arsenal Schoolboy
Ramsey - Cardiff
Merida - Barca
Wilshere – Arsenal Schoolboy
Bendtner - Kj¸benhavns Boldklub (Denmark)
Vela - Guadalajara (Mexico)

stevek
24-09-2008, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Jim Bhoy
INo wonder we're getting crowds of less than 15k when our fans think it's ok to go and support Arsenal when Palace aren't playing. How does what our fans do when Palace aren't playing have any bearing on our attendances?

CPFC87
24-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Just saw a bloke in an Arsenal cap in Honor Oak. These ••••• are everywhere.

The Omen
24-09-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by PeterH
At least Arsenal have an acadamy and pay decent compensation for others youngsters. Unlike Spurs who poach their players for peanuts while forking out 10 million amounts for overseas mediocrity.

Fabregas?

Jim Bhoy
24-09-2008, 09:09 AM
It has a bearing on our attendances if people bring their sons to the Emirates to watch Arsenal's free-flowing football, then take them to Selhurst to watch the rubbish we've been treated to this season.

Getting your son(s) to develop a love for Palace when all his mates at school support successful teams is difficult enough; if you then show him what he's missing by taking him to Arsenal don't be surprised if he turns into a Gooner.

And you are also financially supporting one of the supposedly hated big four by going to one of their matches. I have no issue with teams supporting/watching teams in other countries. Palace are my second team, I follow Celtic first.

David of Kent
24-09-2008, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Icy
Its not a good source at all. From last nights starting 11 only 3 were homegrown talent:

Fabiañski - Legia Warszawa (Poland)
Hoyte - Arsenal Schoolboy
Djourou - Etoile-Carouge FC (Swiss)
Song Billong – Bastia (France)
Gibbs – Wimbledon
Randall – Arsenal Schoolboy
Ramsey - Cardiff
Merida - Barca
Wilshere – Arsenal Schoolboy
Bendtner - Kj¸benhavns Boldklub (Denmark)
Vela - Guadalajara (Mexico)



Lol, I don't have the time or will to check. This a debate for you and UEagle (the so called wonky source!)

Gladys Allover
24-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by stevek
How does what our fans do when Palace aren't playing have any bearing on our attendances? Correct! A lot of jealousy on this thread.

I would put going to watch Arsenal last night in the same bracket as watching London Wasps or Surrey CCC, it is a completely different sport to the one that we get to watch week in, week out!

Surprised someone hasn't used the "sleeping with another woman" analogy yet! :)

Godstone Eagle
24-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Jim Bhoy
I don't care how good Arsenal were last night. It's a well known fact that their Academy is the best in the country. I remember reading that their youth team were beating West Ham's youngsters 9-0 with 20 minutes to go last year, when both sides agreed to call the final whistle, as West Ham were taking such a beating.

What concerns me more is the fact that 3 Palace fans went to the Emirates to watch it.........I don't care if it was £10 or £15 a ticket, these fans should be ashamed of themselves. No wonder we're getting crowds of less than 15k when our fans think it's ok to go and support Arsenal when Palace aren't playing.

Utter rubbish...why cant people go and watch a game when Palace arent playing? I really just dont understand this attitude. Are you seriously suggesting that people should not be able to go and watch a game when their team arent playing?

kolinkins
24-09-2008, 09:23 AM
I see envy is in full flow.

There can be nothing but admiration for Wenger and what he is doing at Arsenal. Trophies are small-fry in the bigger picture of what he is developing and his legacy.

Jasper
24-09-2008, 09:24 AM
The dominance of the big 4 is a negative part of English football, but surely the Arsenal model is the most preferable. They focus on developing young talent rather than spending millions of pounds on squad players like Chelsea and Man United (and quite a few clubs outside of this little group), and they don't run at a massive debt and work beyond their means. On top of all this, the football they play is a joy to watch. I'd rather pull out my own teeth than sit through Liverpool or Chelsea grinding out results.

OneSize
24-09-2008, 09:26 AM
I still dont understand how palace seemingly managed not to pick up any wimbledon youth when they left for Milton Keynes

west country boy
24-09-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by OneSize
I still dont understand how palace seemingly managed not to pick up any wimbledon youth when they left for Milton Keynes Someone up there^ said we got Lee Hills from them.

Icy
24-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Jasper
The dominance of the big 4 is a negative part of English football, but surely the Arsenal model is the most preferable. They focus on developing young talent rather than spending millions of pounds on squad players like Chelsea and Man United (and quite a few clubs outside of this little group), and they don't run at a massive debt and work beyond their means. On top of all this, the football they play is a joy to watch. I'd rather pull out my own teeth than sit through Liverpool or Chelsea grinding out results.

Chelsea have played some beuatiful football this season with Deco in the side. Its a shame that the stereotype the media choose to portray is that Arsenal always play beautiful football (they do at times) while everyone else grinds out results.

OneSize
24-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by west country boy
Someone up there^ said we got Lee Hills from them.
Hills came to palace from Arsenal after they had taken him from Wimbledon. He couldnt take the travelling.

cpfc4evandeva
24-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
A top club's children turn over what I presume is the strongest line up of a top CCC club.

Does nobody else find that a tad depressing? We might as well all give up, as the gap between the the haves and the have nots has reached absurd proportions.

Agree. Great to see some kids doing so well, but sad that they all play for the same team.

IanH
24-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Jim Bhoy
What concerns me more is the fact that 3 Palace fans went to the Emirates to watch it.........I don't care if it was £10 or £15 a ticket, these fans should be ashamed of themselves. No wonder we're getting crowds of less than 15k when our fans think it's ok to go and support Arsenal when Palace aren't playing.

I was entertaining clients, so do I get let off? Not sure many neutral fans would fancy a bit of corporate hospitality down in SE25!!

Jim Bhoy
24-09-2008, 10:46 AM
IanH, you are forgiven, if it's work you can't get out of it.

west country boy
24-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by OneSize
Hills came to palace from Arsenal after they had taken him from Wimbledon. He couldnt take the travelling. I didn't know that - cheers.

nellis
24-09-2008, 11:14 AM
I went to the game too, just because I wanted to see the new stadium, and it's unlikely I ever will as a Palace fan.

It looks nice, but I wasn't that impressed.
Massive queues for the loos, and it wasn't even close to full.

View wasn't great as the lower tier isn't very steep, bit like the old Wembley.

Arsenal played quite well though, and Sheff U were shocking. My Arsenal mate said that both teams had the same number of internationals on at the start too.

Atmosphere wasn't great, but then what do you expect when the crowd is full of people like me who don't give a monkey's about the result?

David of Kent
24-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Given they're giving their kids another run out in the next round, I hope they are at home. I'll go, be nice to see some quality if it's reasonably priced

Icy
24-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by nellis

Atmosphere wasn't great, but then what do you expect when the crowd is full of people like who don't give a monkey's about the result?

To be fair its the same for league games as well. The Emirates is full of spectators out for entertainment rather than fans cheering on there team. Nice Balti pies though.

Diggers digs in?
24-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by David of Kent
If this is a good source then it doesn't seem to be the case.

On a side note (and not aimed at anyone in particular), my own personal barometer of whether I think somebody knows nothing about football comes into play when (a) a poster tells you that Frank Lampard is crap or (b) a poster can't just sit back and enjoy what Arsene Wenger and Arsenal produce.


Also, (c) : A poster that thinks Frank Lampard is good, and feels vindicated enough to inflate their opinion above those who think differently.

David of Kent
24-09-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Diggers digs in?
Also, (c) : A poster that thinks Frank Lampard is good, and feels vindicated enough to inflate their opinion above those who think differently.

I believe I'm right, as I'm sure conversely do his detractors. If you think that believing you're right about something is "inflating your opinion" then that's, frankly, your problem

Diggers digs in?
24-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by David of Kent
I believe I'm right, as I'm sure conversely do his detractors. If you think that believing you're right about something is "inflating your opinion" then that's, frankly, your problem

No but if that's what you base your opinion on of someone's opinion of football, then I think that says more about your small mindedness.

David of Kent
24-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Diggers digs in?
No but if that's what you base your opinion on of someone's opinion of football, then I think that says more about your small mindedness.

Not at all. If I was small minded I wouldn't even debate the point with you even though your being churlish and throwing insults at me. I can rise above that.

If you choose to take on board the opinion of everyone when in your mind they are clearly wrong, then your day is just going to be too full. To me, if somebody says Frank Lampard is rubbish, when Jose Mourinho, Fabio Cappello and Scolari clearly don't think so, then their opinion on the matter is pretty worthless. Therefore I don't really take on board their opinions on football. There are probably people on here who think Bella Emberg is better looking than Lisa Snowdon......you'll excuse me if I ignore their opinions when it comes to hot looking women.

GreatGonzo
24-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by PeterH
At least Arsenal have an acadamy and pay decent compensation for others youngsters. Unlike Spurs who poach their players for peanuts while forking out 10 million amounts for overseas mediocrity.

Fabregas?

Diggers digs in?
24-09-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by David of Kent
Not at all. If I was small minded I wouldn't even debate the point with you even though your being churlish and throwing insults at me. I can rise above that.

If you choose to take on board the opinion of everyone when in your mind they are clearly wrong, then your day is just going to be too full. To me, if somebody says Frank Lampard is rubbish, when Jose Mourinho, Fabio Cappello and Scolari clearly don't think so, then their opinion on the matter is pretty worthless. Therefore I don't really take on board their opinions on football. There are probably people on here who think Bella Emberg is better looking than Lisa Snowdon......you'll excuse me if I ignore their opinions when it comes to hot looking women.

Me calling you small minded is not as insulting as your condescending snobbery.

David of Kent
24-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Diggers digs in?
Me calling you small minded is not as insulting as your condescending snobbery.

It's an opinion about football (for heavens sake), my opinion, and your malcontent and mock insult about it doesn't alter my mind one jot.

If I have to be a football snob to get me away from people that genuinely believe Lampard to be a rubbish footballer then so be it.

kolinkins
24-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Lampard isnt rubbihs, he;s just over-rated by many. He's good, but not world class. Nowhere near.

Diggers digs in?
24-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by David of Kent
It's an opinion about football (for heavens sake), my opinion, and your malcontent and mock insult about it doesn't alter my mind one jot.

If I have to be a football snob to get me away from people that genuinely believe Lampard to be a rubbish footballer then so be it.

I think he's average. A worker made to look good by the better players in the team, as evidenced by his complete lack of performances for England. I see Kolinkins kind of got there first.

Icy
24-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
Lampard isnt rubbihs, he;s just over-rated by many. He's good, but not world class. Nowhere near.

That depends on your definition of world class. He's clearly one of the best midfielders in Europe for Chelsea and is a regular starter for England which pretty much establishes as fact that he's a world class player. That said if you were to pick the best 11 players in the world then no Lampard wouldnt be in the team.

glaziers fan
24-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Voldo
If Bostock had joined Arsenal it wouldn't have hurt so much

Agreed. Arsenal are a proper team.

glaziers fan
24-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by UEAgle
Lukasz Fabianski (23)
Gavin Hoyte (18)
Alexandre Song (21)
Johan Djourou (21)
Kieran Gibbs (18)
Fran Merida (18)
Aaron Ramsey (17)
Jack Wilshere (16)
Mark Randall (18)
Carlos Vela (19)
Nicklas Bendtner (20)

SUBSTITUTES

Vito Mannone (20)
Francis Coquelin (17)
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas (17)
Henri Lansbury (17)
Abu Ogogo (18)
Jay Simpson (19)
Emmanuel Frimpong (16)

Average age of squad = 18.5

Wow

That keeper is a bit old :s

kolinkins
24-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Icy
That depends on your definition of world class. He's clearly one of the best midfielders in Europe for Chelsea and is a regular starter for England which pretty much establishes as fact that he's a world class player. That said if you were to pick the best 11 players in the world then no Lampard wouldnt be in the team.

World class would be a player who would get into any team.

Lets take the top 4 for example.

Would Lampard get in the Arsenal team? No

Would Lampard get in the Man U team? No

Would Lampard get in the Liverpool team? No

Would Gerrard get in the other 3 teams? Yes

Would Fabregas get in the other 3 teams? Yes

Icy
24-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
World class would be a player who would get into any team.

Lets take the top 4 for example.

Would Lampard get in the Arsenal team? No

Would Lampard get in the Man U team? No

Would Lampard get in the Liverpool team? No

Would Gerrard get in the other 3 teams? Yes

Would Fabregas get in the other 3 teams? Yes

PSML. Chelsea have the best midfield in Europe and he's the first name on the sheet. You really think that Ferguson, Wenger and Benitez would turn down Lampard? You are Gonzo and i claim my fiver.

kolinkins
24-09-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Icy
PSML. Chelsea have the best midfield in Europe and he's the first name on the sheet. You really think that Ferguson, Wenger and Benitez would turn down Lampard? You are Gonzo and i claim my fiver.

Ferguson wouldnt pick Lampard ahead of the midfield he has got

Wenger would have to drop Fabregas to play Lampard

Fabregas is world class - would get into any team in the world.

Lampard isnt. Simple. Wenger, Ferguson or Benitez wouldnt change their shape to play him. But true world class players like Fabregas, or Xavi, Iniesta etc would encourage a change of shape.

I am not saying Lampard is rubbish. What I am saying, without a shadow of a doubt, is that he is not world class.

He just doesnt have the technique for it.

Diggers digs in?
24-09-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Icy
PSML. Chelsea have the best midfield in Europe and he's the first name on the sheet. You really think that Ferguson, Wenger and Benitez would turn down Lampard? You are Gonzo and i claim my fiver.[/FONT]

Maybe not Benitez because he's a bit rubbish, but Certainly Wenger and Fergie. Though the sight of Fat Frank lumbering around in the Arsenal midfield, getting in everyone's way and slowing down their fluent passing, would be quite amusing.

kolinkins
24-09-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Diggers digs in?
Maybe not Benitez because he's a bit rubbish, but Certainly Wenger and Fergie. Though the sight of Fat Frank lumbering around in the Arsenal midfield, getting in everyone's way and slowing down their fluent passing, would be quite amusing.

Can you imagine him at Utd? He'd be blocking the space Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez work so hard to create, with his selfish runs and toe-punting.

GreatGonzo
24-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
But true world class players like Fabregas, or Xavi, Iniesta etc would encourage a change of shape.

Big fan of the Barca Academy aren't you. ;)

Imagine if Fabregas had stayed!

Budgie Byrne
24-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
Ferguson wouldnt pick Lampard ahead of the midfield he has got

Wenger would have to drop Fabregas to play Lampard

Fabregas is world class - would get into any team in the world.

Lampard isnt. Simple. Wenger, Ferguson or Benitez wouldnt change their shape to play him. But true world class players like Fabregas, or Xavi, Iniesta etc would encourage a change of shape.

I am not saying Lampard is rubbish. What I am saying, without a shadow of a doubt, is that he is not world class.

He just doesnt have the technique for it.

Just shows that a player not one of the top managers wants, is not world class, hogs space and toe punts, can deceive us all and still manage to be among the top goalscorers in the premier league season after season:D

SexualChocolate
24-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Hard work is what's got Frank where he is, rather than natural talent. I think that's the difference between him and, say, Fabregas, who is naturally gifted.

Skiddo
24-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Icy
Its a shame that the stereotype the media choose to portray is that Arsenal always play beautiful football (they do at times) while everyone else grinds out results.

Exactly.

I agree that the way they play the game is the way its meant to be played. They play very nice football. They are not the complete outfit though. They cannot grind out a boring 1-0 the way top sides can, in the case of when its expected that top sides must pull out an unconvincing win about 2-3 times a season.

Its the media wankfest and glamourisation of Arsenal's "brand of football" that gets on my tits.

Adlerhorst
24-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
Big fan of the Barca Academy aren't you. ;)

Imagine if Fabregas had stayed! As with Spain, he wouldn't be first choice ;)

Aaroncpfc
24-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Jim Bhoy
I don't care how good Arsenal were last night. It's a well known fact that their Academy is the best in the country. I remember reading that their youth team were beating West Ham's youngsters 9-0 with 20 minutes to go last year, when both sides agreed to call the final whistle, as West Ham were taking such a beating.

What concerns me more is the fact that 3 Palace fans went to the Emirates to watch it.........I don't care if it was £10 or £15 a ticket, these fans should be ashamed of themselves. No wonder we're getting crowds of less than 15k when our fans think it's ok to go and support Arsenal when Palace aren't playing.

Would you turn down a free ticket to The Emirates?

Watching games at the best stadiums in the world from a neutrals perspective is a hobby of mine. As i'm sure watching big games on Sky Sports are for you (the suscription costs more than my Emirates ticket I might add). Watching Arsenal from a neutrals perspective doesn't make me any less passionate about the Palace team that I have a season ticket for and go to watch on average six or seven times a season.

Budgie Byrne
24-09-2008, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Skiddo
It smacks of arrogance and is of no benefit to football in the long run.

Why should teams like Sheff Utd bother to prepare for this game properly when Wenger puts out a bunch of GCSE pupils. They might be good enough, but it de-values the game completely.

I wonder if we thought the same way back in 78/79 season?

We managed to knock Bristol City out of both the league and FA cups, as well as Middlesborough from the FA cup, both then top flight teams, with more or less a bunch of GCSE (or was it still GCE then?)

Buridge
Hinslewood
Sansom
Nicholas
Cannon
Murphy
(Chatterton, FLC Bristol C only)
Murphy
Swindlehurst
Hilaire
Fenwick
Walsh
Kember
Elwiss (As Chatterton)

Only two players not from our youth team and the average age must have been around 21/22

Happy Days. When you look at the names on that list, it puts into perspective the standard our new crop have to live up to!

In the Bristol City FA cup match then manager Norman Hunter was heard to shout at his team, "you are letting these kids take the p**s out of us"

Justin
24-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Aaroncpfc
Would you turn down a free ticket to The Emirates?

Watching games at the best stadiums in the world from a neutrals perspective is a hobby of mine. As i'm sure watching big games on Sky Sports are for you (the suscription costs more than my Emirates ticket I might add). Watching Arsenal from a neutrals perspective doesn't make me any less passionate about the Palace team that I have a season ticket for and go to watch on average six or seven times a season.

Exactly - I had a free ticket to the Directors Box. I dare say I should have turned it down, saying it was disloyal of me!

gags
24-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Jim Bhoy
What concerns me more is the fact that 3 Palace fans went to the Emirates to watch it.........I don't care if it was £10 or £15 a ticket, these fans should be ashamed of themselves. No wonder we're getting crowds of less than 15k when our fans think it's ok to go and support Arsenal when Palace aren't playing.

I suspect this is a wind up but make it 4 Palace fans, I went as well.

Great entertainment for £10. Yes it was entertainment rather than the emotions of going to see a team you really care about but •••• me it was value for money.

6 goals!!

Their fans may be more transient than Palace fans, I don't know that for sure it felt that way, but if AFC can put on that sort of show of a tenner why shouldn't people do the London Eye / Emirates double?

The real worry is the difference between the Arsenal second string and a Championship side.

Super-Ste-Cious
24-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Jim Bhoy
What concerns me more is the fact that 3 Palace fans went to the Emirates to watch it.........I don't care if it was £10 or £15 a ticket, these fans should be ashamed of themselves. No wonder we're getting crowds of less than 15k when our fans think it's ok to go and support Arsenal when Palace aren't playing.

What an aboslute snobbish and twatish comment. And then considering you have self-admittly said you are in fact a Celtic fan first anyway. Maybe for valid reasons - but still makes little sense.

Anyway I dont get your point. Palace werent playing? How are they taking crowds? Most of us are actually FOOTBALL fans as well as Palace fans - do like to watch other teams. Damn right I would have gone if work/locality had suited me better. Does your point include going to watch Bromley for example?

waddoneagle
24-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Non league teams are fine, They are not professional football clubs, I could not watch any other team in the football league, I am just 100 % Palace, Thats just me!:p

Super-Ste-Cious
24-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by waddoneagle
Non league teams are fine, They are not professional football clubs, I could not watch any other team in the football league, I am just 100 % Palace, Thats just me!:p

As am I. Although I will admit, my Dad brought me up an Arsenal fan - and although I am Palace, I admitedly do love watching them play.

Skiddo
24-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Super-Ste-Cious
As am I. Although I will admit, my Dad brought me up an Arsenal fan - and although I am Palace, I admitedly do love watching them play.

lol, why didnt you say that to begin with?!

Personally, I only support one team, but if there is another team in your family connections or whatever then the case is slightly different, ie, you have a passing interest. I know a few people who look out for other teams results or may occasionally watch them play due to family supporters.

Super-Ste-Cious
24-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Skiddo
lol, why didnt you say that to begin with?!

Personally, I only support one team, but if there is another team in your family connections or whatever then the case is slightly different, ie, you have a passing interest. I know a few people who look out for other teams results or may occasionally watch them play due to family supporters.

Because although some people feel it may have a bearing - I personally do not. I feel my admiration of they way they play is just that - because it is how they play! Perhaps my subconcious is strong though.

I do look out for Liverpool too - only because my brother supports them, and just like winding him up :D

Icy
25-09-2008, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by kolinkins
Ferguson wouldnt pick Lampard ahead of the midfield he has got

Wenger would have to drop Fabregas to play Lampard

Fabregas is world class - would get into any team in the world.

Lampard isnt. Simple. Wenger, Ferguson or Benitez wouldnt change their shape to play him. But true world class players like Fabregas, or Xavi, Iniesta etc would encourage a change of shape.

I am not saying Lampard is rubbish. What I am saying, without a shadow of a doubt, is that he is not world class.

He just doesnt have the technique for it.

Wow. You really have the blinkers on. If Fergie had Lamps of course he play him. Maybe not every game but then he rarely plays midfielders (aside from Ronaldo) constantly.

Lamps would also walk into the Arsenal team.

Fabregas is an exceptional young player and should become one of the games greats but by your own definition he isnt world class. He would have far less chance of getting into the Liverpool team than Lamps and there is no way he'd get into the Chelsea team in front of Deco. Hell Fabregas is barely getting to the stage where starts for Spain.

As for doesnt have the technique, that'll be why he had a number of top European clubs lining up to sign him last summer and why most of the best managers in football constantly heap praise on him? Sorry i forgot your Gonzo and know everything. Whack that fiver in the post now cheers!

philsick
25-09-2008, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Icy
[ Hell Fabregas is barely getting to the stage where starts for Spain.


Although lampard is a good footballer and suits chelsea's style of play ,he wouldn't even make the bench for spain.And he would not walk into arsenals team,as he wouldn't suit their style.

Icy
25-09-2008, 08:08 AM
I think we'll just have to agree to disagree there. I really cant be bothered to argue the point anymore. Lets just get the thread back on topic.

kolinkins
25-09-2008, 09:16 AM
My last post on Lampard on this thread:

Frank Lampard 'knows he has no chance of moving' to any of the big European clubs and so will almost definitely stay at Chelsea, according to an executive at Barcelona. 'There is no other option. He has been offered to us, Milan, Inter and Real Madrid. Basically all of the big clubs. But none are interested. We are the same as those clubs are, we're looking for a player who is more creative and has a greater technique than Lampard. So it looks like he will go nowhere.'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/jul/01/newsstory.sport2

Harry Holmesdale
25-09-2008, 09:38 AM
Didn't Inter bid over 10m for him in the Summer though ?

kolinkins
25-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Harry Holmesdale
Didn't Inter bid over 10m for him in the Summer though ?

Because his old manager wanted him. Nothing more, nothing less.

David of Kent
25-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by kolinkins
My last post on Lampard on this thread:

Frank Lampard 'knows he has no chance of moving' to any of the big European clubs and so will almost definitely stay at Chelsea, according to an executive at Barcelona. 'There is no other option. He has been offered to us, Milan, Inter and Real Madrid. Basically all of the big clubs. But none are interested. We are the same as those clubs are, we're looking for a player who is more creative and has a greater technique than Lampard. So it looks like he will go nowhere.'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/jul/01/newsstory.sport2

The key point there is "according to an executive at Barcelona".

The opinion of an unnamed, unknown person.

Harry Holmesdale
25-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by kolinkins
Because his old manager wanted him. Nothing more, nothing less.

But You quoted something that listed Inter as being a club that had no interest in signing him

Isn't Mourinho rated as one of the best managers in European football right now, certainly top 5

I do tend to agree with what you are saying Kolinkins, but what really riles me is all this fat frank and he is sh!t nonsense that gets spouted by idiots, he is a very very good player and central to Chelsea, and Chelsea are a massive club so he cant be all bad can he ?!

kolinkins
25-09-2008, 10:12 AM
I never said he was rubbish. I said he wasnt world class (and his technique is one of the reasons for that).

Pirlo, Gattuso, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Mascherano, Snijder - and others - these are world class midfielders.

Lampard is a very good goal scoring midfielder in a team which is built around him doing that.

Ultimately, he's a selfish player - who, for England, *****il, it seems, Capello has got hold of him) gets in the way of the difference makers (Rooney and Gerrard).

Harry Holmesdale
25-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by kolinkins
Ultimately, he's a selfish player - who, for England, *****il, it seems, Capello has got hold of him) gets in the way of the difference makers (Rooney and Gerrard).

2004 & 2005 Frank was voted Englands player of the year, must have been doing something to make a difference then

Rooney has never won it, Gerrard only the once

kolinkins
25-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Harry Holmesdale
2004 & 2005 Frank was voted Englands player of the year, must have been doing something to make a difference then

Rooney has never won it, Gerrard only the once

Running around like a headless chicken and toe-punting. Some fans are easily pleased (probably the same fans who call John Terry world class)

David of Kent
25-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by kolinkins
[B]Lampard is a very good goal scoring midfielder in a team which is built around him doing that.


A team that has won as much as Chelsea have over the last four or five years simply don't get that level of success by being built around a very good player.

Harry Holmesdale
25-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by kolinkins
(probably the same fans who call John Terry world class)

True !

Super-Ste-Cious
25-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Harry Holmesdale
True !

Oh dear

zonin2000
25-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by kolinkins
Running around like a headless chicken and toe-punting. Some fans are easily pleased (probably the same fans who call John Terry world class)
Great engine and great long range shooting (toe-punting does him a disservice: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2fS62CO7ECM). There are players with a better first touch than him, but Lampard is one of the fittest and most consistent midfielders in the World.

You cannot argue with:

03-04 - Played 38; Goals 10
04-05 - Played 38 Goals 13
05-06 - Played 35; Goals 16
06-07 - Played 37; Goals 11
07-08 - Played 24; Goals 10

kolinkins
25-09-2008, 10:54 AM
I swear your account has been hacked

Billyd
25-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Get real Lampard is absolute class for Chelsea. Yes hes shit for england and hes a bit of a cock, but your kidding your self if you think hes not one of the best midfielders in the country.

kolinkins
25-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Billyd
Get real Lampard is absolute class for Chelsea. Yes hes shit for england and hes a bit of a cock, but your kidding your self if you think hes not one of the best midfielders in the country.

Who said he wasnt? He's just not world class.

Billyd
25-09-2008, 11:05 AM
ummm you did pretty much:


'Running around like a headless chicken and toe-punting. Some fans are easily pleased (probably the same fans who call John Terry world class)'

Adlerhorst
25-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Here's one for you.

On Tuesday my last meeting finishes at about 7.30. Realistically I could not make it to the Palace Charlton game until about 8.30. But have been offered tickets to Arse - Porto which i can get to in about 15 minutes.

What do you do? Is Palace Charlton on Sky?

kolinkins
25-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Billyd
ummm you did pretty much:


'Running around like a headless chicken and toe-punting. Some fans are easily pleased (probably the same fans who call John Terry world class)'

I said that is why fans rate him (some are easily pleased). Like fans who rate JT and Carragher for their last ditch defending and brave blocks.

I didnt say he was rubbish.

Velocity
25-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by David of Kent
The key point there is "according to an executive at Barcelona".

The opinion of an unnamed, unknown person.
He pulled this card in another thread where he attacked Lampard. Don't worry though this is obviously the best type of evidence to use to prove a point.

ebyeeckeagle
25-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by kolinkins
My last post on Lampard on this thread:...

If only;)

kolinkins
25-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by ebyeeckeagle
If only;)

I canne help it if others need educating! I am just trying to help.

kolinkins
25-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Velocity
He pulled this card in another thread where he attacked Lampard. Don't worry though this is obviously the best type of evidence to use to prove a point.

the evidence is actually that his first touch goes further than most people can kick a ball.

David of Kent
25-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by kolinkins
the evidence is actually that his first touch goes further than most people can kick a ball.

What evidence?

ebyeeckeagle
25-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by kolinkins
I canne help it if others need educating! I am just trying to help.

:) I quite agree with you actually.

I am not sure that you could say however, that Wenger or Fergie wouldn't take him.

They've both made dodgy signings in the past.....

kolinkins
25-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by ebyeeckeagle
:) I quite agree with you actually.

I am not sure that you could say however, that Wenger or Fergie wouldn't take him.

They've both made dodgy signings in the past.....

I think signing the likes of Fabregas, Rosicky, Nasri, Anderson and Hargreaves shows that both managers know a midfielder when they see one :p

It's keepers they are both dodgy at signing these days....

SexualChocolate
25-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by David of Kent
What evidence?

Everyone's eyes!

Lampard is a great (sporting) role model to kids, proving that if you want something hard enough, and are willing to work your butt off, anything is achieveable.

As i've said earlier in the thread, he's got where he is today off of hard hard, rather than natural talent. Fair play to him, he is a very, very good footballer, and it's right that Chelsea have built their midfield around him, but the term 'world class' just doesn't apply to Lamps.

David of Kent
25-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by SexualChocolate
Everyone's eyes!


Thought as much

SexualChocolate
25-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Admittedly, his first touch isn't as bad as Michael 'Touch of a Rapist' Owen, but it's still not Fab or Stevie G standard.

kolinkins
25-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by David of Kent
Thought as much

So eyes thinking he isnt world class are worth less than eyes who think he is world class?

David of Kent
25-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
So eyes thinking he isnt world class are worth less than eyes who think he is world class?

The comment was EVERYONE'S eyes. Which is ludicrous.

kolinkins
25-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by David of Kent
The comment was EVERYONE'S eyes. Which is ludicrous.

Would "everyone's eyes*"


* - excluding Jose Mourinho, Chelsea fans and footballing simpletons


be more acceptable?

:)

David of Kent
25-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
Would "everyone's eyes*"


* - excluding Jose Mourinho, Chelsea fans and footballing simpletons


be more acceptable?

:)

If you think people that believe Lampard is a World class player are footballing simpletons then yes, for you.

Conversely, I'm sure a lot of people with the opposite view to yours feel the same way about you.

You'll live with that as I'm sure they will.

SexualChocolate
25-09-2008, 12:39 PM
DoK is Frank Lampard Snr & i claim my £5! ;)

kolinkins
25-09-2008, 12:41 PM
DoK ignore smilies and I want £100.

David of Kent
25-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Ah, I see. We were just joking. That makes your opinions understandable ;) :p :hi:

SexualChocolate
25-09-2008, 12:48 PM
What's that Frank? Sorry, i don't understand cockney? ;)

Shamone
25-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Icy


How embarassing. He must be rubbish.


Originally posted by kolinkins
Pirlo, Gattuso, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Mascherano, Snijder - and others - these are world class midfielders.

I've agreed with most of your posts on here but you're taking the piss on Fattuso. He's like a more angry, more hairy, fatter Lampard with small man syndrome.

kolinkins
25-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Shamone

I've agreed with most of your posts on here but you're taking the piss on Fattuso. He's like a more angry, more hairy, fatter Lampard with small man syndrome.

But he's a far better footballer :p

cpfc4evandeva
25-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Shamone
I've agreed with most of your posts on here but you're taking the piss on Fattuso. He's like a more angry, more hairy, fatter Lampard with small man syndrome.

Yeh, he's only won the World Cup and the Champions League, right in the heart of midfield.

Come on mate.

zonin2000
25-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
I swear your account has been hacked
I think Lampard is one of those players who has gone from being massively overrated to massively underrated.

Xavi > Lampard
Iniesta > Lampard
Pirlo > Lampard
Kaka > Lampard
Gerrard > Lampard
etc

But horses for courses - for a Premier League season I'm sure that neither Fergie, Wenger nor Benitez would turn Lampard down.

Billyd
25-09-2008, 02:19 PM
its quite trendy to slag off lampard to be fair

Diggers digs in?
25-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Billyd
its quite trendy to slag off lampard to be fair

Only for myself & Kolinkins.

kolinkins
25-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by zonin2000
I think Lampard is one of those players who has gone from being massively overrated to massively underrated.

Xavi > Lampard
Iniesta > Lampard
Pirlo > Lampard
Kaka > Lampard
Gerrard > Lampard
etc

But horses for courses - for a Premier League season I'm sure that neither Fergie, Wenger nor Benitez would turn Lampard down.

I think they would, if it meant one of their other midfielders or wide players being compromised.

Billyd
26-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
Because his old manager wanted him. Nothing more, nothing less.


also has one of the best managerial records ever