PDA

View Full Version : Huddersfield Town offer refund for losing!

CPFC_R_GREAT
08-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Novel idea...

HT are offering fans a refund for their game last night in the Johnstones Paint Trophy, in which they lost to League 2 Darlington.

Sends a good message to the players i think, certainly a strong one...

good on them..this is also the team by the way that offered season tickets for 150-200 I can't remember exactly, but they were cheap.

jamie12
08-10-2008, 03:17 PM
100 season ticket...

gues when we lose we should start a chorus of we want our money back, see what CPFC do about it ;)

Tyrone Eagle
08-10-2008, 03:21 PM
who is their chairman and how can they afford to basically give money away? Especially in the current climate.

stupalace
08-10-2008, 04:52 PM
a couple of years ago , slough town offered tickets for 2 . if you was at a game that slough lost you could buy tickets for the next game for 2

saxoneagle
08-10-2008, 04:57 PM
Palace have offered fans refunds in the past or free travel to the next away game. I remember it being done on more than once occasion, including a 7-1 defeat at Huddersfield.

Personally, I spend the money knowing we might lose and any real fan who claimed a refund from their club isn't much of a fan, IMO. After all, you don't buy a ticket to watch a win, you buy a ticket to watch a football match. No assurances are made over result, performance, etc.

Whilst it is a good gesture, this is something I would never take advantage of.

Palace Kebab
08-10-2008, 05:01 PM
[QUOTE=saxoneagle]Palace have offered fans refunds in the past or free travel to the next away game. I remember it being done on more than once occasion, including a 7-1 defeat at Huddersfield.

QUOTE]

A refund was offered for Barnsley away back in the season where we stayed up on the last day. It was an awful match on a cold Tuesday night - Tommy Black got sent off. We only lost 2-0 though. Must have been less than 100 Palace fans there anyway that night.

waddoneagle
08-10-2008, 05:02 PM
They are a 100 years old, Thats why season tickets were a 100:p

saxoneagle
08-10-2008, 05:11 PM
A refund was offered for Barnsley away back in the season where we stayed up on the last day. It was an awful match on a cold Tuesday night - Tommy Black got sent off. We only lost 2-0 though. Must have been less than 100 Palace fans there anyway that night.

There was a refund prior to that, too. I remember it.

Dorking .Eagle
08-10-2008, 05:37 PM
The first refund was very early in SJ's reign - away at Preston (when we were managed by Alan Smith, and we stood on the terrace along the side) - although on this occasion he refunded the coach fare for those who went on the official coaches only.

Barnsley away they refunded the match ticket price so that all away fans got some money back.

The players also paid for fans coaches for Grimsby away under Alan Smith's management. Not sure why, although I suspect the gesture was as thanks for putting up with a poor run of results. Think we took about 4 coaches - the majority still travelled by other means.

Selhurst300
08-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Palace have offered fans refunds in the past or free travel to the next away game. I remember it being done on more than once occasion, including a 7-1 defeat at Huddersfield.

Personally, I spend the money knowing we might lose and any real fan who claimed a refund from their club isn't much of a fan, IMO. After all, you don't buy a ticket to watch a win, you buy a ticket to watch a football match. No assurances are made over result, performance, etc.

Whilst it is a good gesture, this is something I would never take advantage of.

I didn't get a refund after the 7-1 at Huddersfield. I'm pretty sure that it didn't exist.

Tom's Old Man
08-10-2008, 07:59 PM
The first refund was very early in SJ's reign - away at Preston (when we were managed by Alan Smith, and we stood on the terrace along the side) - although on this occasion he refunded the coach fare for those who went on the official coaches only.

Barnsley away they refunded the match ticket price so that all away fans got some money back.

The players also paid for fans coaches for Grimsby away under Alan Smith's management. Not sure why, although I suspect the gesture was as thanks for putting up with a poor run of results. Think we took about 4 coaches - the majority still travelled by other means.

That Preston match was one of the few to which I've actually travelled by coach. We were dire, could have lost by 5 or 6. I remember Stuart Taylor was in goal that day, and Fat Boy Ruddock was also playing. From memory we had about 600 there, but only 100 or so would have been refunded.