PDA

View Full Version : You Tube football footage

Brumie Allan
09-11-2008, 05:38 PM
This was getting lost in the players ratings thread can a Mod clarify, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumie Allan

(Unfortunately, as we found out last week, it does. Some similar mobile phone footage of Ben's penalty was put up last week and a subsequent copyright breach was registered by the FL and removed from YouTube. It's only a matter of time before this link goes the same the way - Mods)

I don't get this there are thousands of phone clips of football matches on YT some have been on there for years none have been pulled when they are pulled by YT they post a warning in it's place. Would a mod like to post link to any other information?

(later edit)
From what I can see the Ben Watson video was deleted by the owner and not YT as I say above if there is a copyright issue YT put that on the link and don't just delete it, if you search Ben Watson there are still about 5 videos of his past penalty's on there. Are we just being a bit over cautious.

Dave
09-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Dear Member:

This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by The Football League Limited claiming that this material is infringing:

Ben Watson goal - Crystal Palace V Sheffield Wednesday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFVnio5N0h0

Please Note: Repeat incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos uploaded to that account. In order to prevent this from happening, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights, and refrain from uploading additional videos that infringe on the copyrights of others. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, please read the Copyright Tips guide.

If you elect to send us a counter notice, please go to our Help Center to access the instructions.
Be aware that there may be adverse legal consequences in your country if you make a false or bad faith allegation of copyright infringement by using this process.

Sincerely,
YouTube, Inc.

Brumie Allan
09-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Why this one and none of the others?

Brumie Allan
09-11-2008, 05:43 PM
Dave was this uploaded by you and was it you that got the warning?

GodstoneEagle
09-11-2008, 05:53 PM
i think they sent an e-mail to dave's youtube account with the warning alan. therefore it is copyright infiringment and you cannot post these videos on here.

i think.

Dave
09-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Dave was this uploaded by you and was it you that got the warning?
Yeah

Dave
09-11-2008, 05:59 PM
i think they sent an e-mail to dave's youtube account with the warning alan. therefore it is copyright infiringment and you cannot post these videos on here.

i think.

I hold the copyright, I took it on my camera

Neil the Eagle
09-11-2008, 06:06 PM
As it was 'unauthorised' filming in a Football League ground, the FL try to reserve the right to claim that copyright assigns to them under a broad interpretation of the relevant Act (not that it's been legally tested as yet).

You Tube seem happy enough to comply with this, in that if they get a tug from the FL they immediately delete and warn the user so we are a bit stuffed really.

Brumie Allan
09-11-2008, 06:10 PM
I hold the copyright, I took it on my cameraThat is right Dave, but playing devils advocate you could have videoed the whole game and put it on the YT ( in 10min episodes:)) I can see that is wrong so so is a short clip but why pick on one clip and not others?

Dave
09-11-2008, 06:12 PM
That is right Dave, but playing devils advocate you could have videoed the whole game and put it on the YT ( in 10min episodes:)) I can see that is wrong so so is a short clip but why pick on one clip and not others?Better meta data probably.

Dave
09-11-2008, 06:12 PM
You Tube seem happy enough to comply with this, in that if they get a tug from the FL they immediately delete and warn the user so we are a bit stuffed really.This is what happened here

Brumie Allan
09-11-2008, 06:14 PM
I've just read on an Arsenal Blog where they challenged the second penalty in a game they won 3-0 but not the third goal!!!!!!!!!

stupalace
09-11-2008, 06:48 PM
As it was 'unauthorised' filming in a Football League ground, the FL try to reserve the right to claim that copyright assigns to them under a broad interpretation of the relevant Act (not that it's been legally tested as yet).

You Tube seem happy enough to comply with this, in that if they get a tug from the FL they immediately delete and warn the user so we are a bit stuffed really.

Its down to broadcast rights ( I have still got a couple of games on youtube from sky sports news that havnt been pulled , I think they just pull the current season ) , also every league ground now days has rules preventing taking any sort of footage including photographs .
How well this is policed by club stewards depends game by game and seat by seat

El Aguila
09-11-2008, 06:51 PM
You tube are going to be extremely cautious as long as the viacom suit is going on. That's the big one for them and their owners.

Dave
09-11-2008, 07:04 PM
You tube are going to be extremely cautious as long as the viacom suit is going on. That's the big one for them and their owners. Actually I think you will find it's everything to do with the Millennium copyright act

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Millennium_Copyright_Act

Brumie Allan
09-11-2008, 07:21 PM
Actually I think you will find it's everything to do with the Millennium copyright act

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Millennium_Copyright_ActSo in short they can have this sort of material which isn't obvious copyright infringement on their site unless it is contested by the copyright owner at which point they remove it and give the YT member a chance to contest it which of course they won't.

It's your personal footage Dave why don't you contest it, take them to high court and get a ruling in your favour and make a stand for the little person in the street. I hear James is sat around doing noting He might help you and Simon Jordan likes the FA, he might foot the bill.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
10-11-2008, 05:13 PM
It is pathetic that people are being paid good money to sit there and pursue grainy low res video clips posted by fans.

As Dave says, you could probably hide the video with some off-putting meta-data - Fred's Funeral or something.

Dave
10-11-2008, 05:29 PM
I'm fairly sure the premier league don't bother

RDSdaEAGLE
10-11-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm fairly sure the premier league don't bother

They do, definitely.

Footytube, where people post Premier League footage, usually only has highlights on there for a day - it's then pulled.

The FL need more publicity, not less - removing people's videos from YouTube does them no good at all, IMHO.