07-08-2009, 08:53 PM
BEAUTIFUL

Riccardo
07-08-2009, 08:53 PM
BEAUTIFUL

:love: :love: :lux:

Harry Holmesdale
07-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Makes you apreciate that no matter how bad we can be when we get it right that feeling is, in my humble opinion, much greater than any armchair big 4 fan

Play off victories from Blackburn 89 through to West Ham 04 are amazing feelings, as is watching teams develop, bring it on!

Ruskin Old Boy
07-08-2009, 09:00 PM
:) :p

JohnA
07-08-2009, 09:03 PM
All of the above.

peagle
07-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Its game time :D

TONBRIDGE EAGLE
07-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Thanks for that,a great video.
Cheered me up no end and reminded me why i am and always will be a supporter of this great club.
Lets hope that all the first team show the same attitude and fight that players like Hill produce week in week out.
This is a vital season,we have to start producing the goods if we are not to follow the clowns down.

Riccardo
07-08-2009, 09:07 PM
This is OUR club, no-one else's.

peagle
07-08-2009, 09:10 PM
tVuhZ5r06yI
Our Team Called Palace:

Our Eagles will be soaring, we'll be flying high
SE London will be red and blue and we'll hear our fans cry...
For our team called Palace.

Barbara4003
07-08-2009, 09:25 PM
:lux: :lux:

Strathclyde Eagle
07-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Got chills watching that. Brilliant. :lux:

The Bishop
07-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Great stuff :lux:

Happy Happy FC
07-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Love it :lux:

audreytatou
07-08-2009, 10:52 PM
superb thanx:lux: :lux: :lux: getting excited in Aus now "EEEAAGGLES". Never saw him but Don Rodgers looked good:p

chatham_lad
07-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Was that really 04? seems like yesterday. I really hope that we get the same level of support as we did in Cardiff for the rest of this season, if we do, we'll walk the league.

EEEEAAAAAGGGGLLLLLLEEEESSSS!

Catford Eagle
07-08-2009, 11:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGJAxK3k2ZE&feature=fvw

Get behind the lads :)GGJAxK3k2ZE&feature=fvw

That's fantastic Riccardo. Pardon my ignorance if there might be multiple copyright issues with the clips, but might be worth getting in touch with the club to see if it can become a permanent pre-match Jumbotron fixture. Uncle Si might be swayed by the Jam! :p

CPFC_DAVE77
07-08-2009, 11:39 PM
COME ON YOU EAGLES.

webgard
07-08-2009, 11:48 PM
Makes you apreciate that no matter how bad we can be when we get it right that feeling is, in my humble opinion, much greater than any armchair big 4 fan

So true!

I'm from a generation of my country who grew up to love football. Not only as the one of rare remaining sources of entertainment but as a symbol of life in its free and unrestricted form. While my country was isolated from the world and we were stuck with an eight year war which looked like a never ending battle (the day the war ended, I couldn't believe or understand the news, as no matter how you would feel about it, The War was part of the world we knew), football was one of the first occasions when 'we' could face 'others' and not only be 'right' but also be 'victorious'. Our national football team is pretty much like our country itself; mismanaged and unpredictable, mourning for a rich but lost and gone legacy as three times Asian champions before revolution.

My club team was the most popular one in Asia, playing in a 100k seater (local derbies were all sold out) and had at least 50k-60k attendance even for the least important games.

Since I left my country I was trying to clinch to the familiar joy of football as something to ease my anxiety in exile. In Holland I went to a Ajax (a childhood love), in London I started to follow Arsenal (another favorite from the past) but never, ever I could found the spirit of life in football in the way I knew from the gloomy days of Tehran in 80's.

... until the day Clinton scored the equalizer against Leicester and celebrated it right in front of me. Since then in the past two years Palace gave me the moments of joy, excitement, and indeed despair that I'm sure no big 4 supporter (at least the non local ones) have ever imagined in their wildest dreams! Clinton's 100th goal which then proved to be the turning point of a roller coaster season, singing with 300 Palace supporters in Cardiff, second goal against Watford when my heart was pumping so hard that I thought it's going to explode, the unbelievable finish of the season with five nil trashing of Burnley, two months later and the 9 men fight against the very same Burnley to secure a drew, or Watson's spot kick in Bristol which I couldn't dare to watch in my hotel room far from England... and many more to come.

Following Palace and watching a big four team are totally two different things. If the madness in corporate football does not stop, in the near future the difference will be much bigger. Big four and the SKY league will become some sort of home entertainment (somehow it has already become that). You may have a soft spot for Liverpool and hate Chelsea but not in the same way as we hate Brighton; in the way you would like Tom Hanks and hate Stalone.

But apart from this corporate, expensive, soulless show, it is in the Selhurst Park, or other ran down, penny-less football stadia that you can find the real and genuine community who gather around a common and real sense of loyalty and identity.

I'm sure even big four supporters know this in their heart, though they're too arrogant to admit it. I could see it in the eyes of my compatriots who all support Man U or Chelsea, when they were observing my reaction to the defeat in the play-offs with a huge surprize: they had NEVER experienced something like that and it was beyond their understanding.

Come on you Eagles...

Phil's Barber
08-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Once more unto the breach, my friends, once more.

Hedgehog
08-08-2009, 01:15 AM
Never gets old looking back.... I needed that... it's tough going right now to get excited.

PeterH
08-08-2009, 01:47 AM
Best palace video on U Tube.

PeterH
08-08-2009, 01:48 AM
That bloke going nuts on the Sunderland play off cracks me up every time.

PeterH
08-08-2009, 01:52 AM
Will we ever forget that terrace at Stockport? Most important game last ten years.

Great thread for the new season.

PeterH
08-08-2009, 01:54 AM
TBF. I have had a few. But I am in tears watching that.

Hedgehog
08-08-2009, 01:58 AM
Pardon my ignorance if there might be multiple copyright issues with the clips
**** 'um

SE25Eagle
08-08-2009, 02:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGJAxK3k2ZE&feature=fvw

Get behind the lads :)GGJAxK3k2ZE&feature=fvw

Happy days:p

PeterH
08-08-2009, 02:18 AM
I'm not going to watch it again tonight, in case I turn into a big girl's blouse.

PeterH
08-08-2009, 02:27 AM
But Ey Ay Ey Ay Ey O......

Chester
08-08-2009, 02:44 AM
Fantastic, here is to another season that hopefully ends in some more highs everyone.

:lux: :lux:

AJ
08-08-2009, 02:51 AM
Love them....thanks guys, I am off to bed all excited about tomorrow now..

kayjay
08-08-2009, 04:14 AM
Brilliant clips!
Makes it that much harder to watch another season
unfold from 12,000kms away.

civil eagle
08-08-2009, 06:31 AM
Thanks for that reminds me of why I love palace all ready for the season now, come you eagles

BRUCEGB
08-08-2009, 07:50 AM
ABSOLUTE QUALITY!!!!!!!

King William
08-08-2009, 07:53 AM
thanks - youve just got y interest back for todays game.. i had planned to drive today a be a mserable conjo...plan of attack has changed and wil be heading to the pb for opening time.
cheese rolls

Tertius
08-08-2009, 08:04 AM
That was brilliant, simply brilliant. Brought tears to my eyes. Thank you very much for this.

Eye-dee
08-08-2009, 08:09 AM
Great stuff :lux: :lux:

Catford Eagle
08-08-2009, 08:26 AM
**** 'um

Good point, well made :lux:

bigend1
08-08-2009, 08:57 AM
pwor!!!! well up for it now. just sat here and blown an hour going through some of the palace clips. awesome. we really have had some last minute moments over the years haven't we?? (mostly good!) Another drama this year.. the wonder kids battle the odds to sneak us in to the playoffs, last minute winner or pens, then a summer wondering if we can hold on to the super kids for our battle to stay in the big time... not for the faint hearted... brace yourself! :love: :p :lux:

JJ
08-08-2009, 12:40 PM
That was fabulous, thanks for compiling it, as it's cheered me up.

Having moved down here during last year, this is the first time since I started going to Palace (1980) that I've missed a first game of the season at Selhurst, and bloody hell it hurts. I missed 2/3rds of last season because of it, but today I'm really feeling it badly.

Those of you lucky enough to be going, just please give an extra 10% of a cheer on behalf of us ex-pats who would dearly love to be there! Thanks guys and girls! :)

Casablancas
09-08-2009, 06:48 PM
tVuhZ5r06yI
Our Team Called Palace:

Our Eagles will be soaring, we'll be flying high
SE London will be red and blue and we'll hear our fans cry...
For our team called Palace.

Funny that, I've always sung team called Palace when this is played at Selhurst. In fact, I posted lyrics for a Palace version of Malice on here a few years ago... still think it could be picked up for a chant as the song fits so well.

For what its worth, i've dug up my old lyrics... as far as i got anyway.

"Better start dreaming of a Palace life
Cos its the one we’ll always know
And keep dreaming of that 4-3 win
Cos our rosy days are few
But stop philosophising over games we should have won
Cos time is short and football’s cruel
And its up to us to sing
For a team called Palace
Yeeeeah! For a team called Palace! Oooh yeah!

Ba ba ba ba badda ba
Ba ba badda ba oh...

Ba ba ba ba badda ba
Ba ba badda ba ah...

Struggle after struggle
Year after year
But we’ll be here till the dead of night
Cos its up to us to sing
For a team called Palace!

Oooh yeah!A team called Palace! Oooh yeah!

Riccardo
10-08-2009, 12:43 PM
That was fabulous, thanks for compiling it, as it's cheered me up.

I can't take the credit for that. I just found it on youtubes. :)