PDA

View Full Version : Lawrence not playing tonight, unhappy - From Twitter

pauldrulez
11-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Sounds like Lawrence isn't playing tonight.

Considering he was still up tweeting at 3am.

Not playing tomorrow night. On the bench I think. Rested, dropped, call it what you will. Not happy, but that's football!!

http://twitter.com/mattyjlawrence

Hmmm, i'll call it, dropped.

kolinkins
11-08-2009, 01:04 PM
So, he breaks the embargo news and team news on twitter

Someone at the club needs to get a hold of him and tell him to stop.

Kirby
11-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Ha! Hope Neil sees that and drops him permanently for Fonte.

(He should do that anyway but we know what he's like)

eagle101
11-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Ha! Hope Neil sees that and drops him permanently for Fonte.

(He should do that anyway but we know what he's like)

It's okay, Lawrence would apologise and his place in the team would be secure ;)

pauldrulez
11-08-2009, 01:17 PM
That's "apologise".

I wonder how he does that......

DE - Glad All Over
11-08-2009, 01:20 PM
So, he breaks the embargo news and team news on twitter

Someone at the club needs to get a hold of him and tell him to stop.

Sometimes see him on train before game, I will have a word in his shell-like

pauldrulez
11-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Is this not the same thing that the Aussie cricketer guy - Phil Hughes was punished for? Revealed he was dropped, then revealed other injuries before saying that he might play.

Really inconspicuous :o

What?
11-08-2009, 01:27 PM
I dont see the problem! Its one of the good things about Twitter if you ask me!

AJ's right boot
11-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Clean sheet tonight :D

AJ
11-08-2009, 01:36 PM
I applaud ML. There are so many greedy good for nothing lazy footballers today, who prefer to sit on the bench and get paid, that it's nice to hear from a player who is disappointed to be dropped for a meaningless League Cup(I don't even know what's it called) game.

PalaceFan in Alabama
11-08-2009, 01:37 PM
I dont see the problem! Its one of the good things about Twitter if you ask me!

What ?

forsells no1 fan
11-08-2009, 01:37 PM
How on earth did he manage to put those tweets on between 3pm and 4.45pm on the 8th August????..........:D

Pub Idol
11-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Should put a few on the gate!

rainbow_child
11-08-2009, 01:44 PM
I applaud ML. There are so many greedy good for nothing lazy footballers today, who prefer to sit on the bench and get paid, that it's nice to hear from a player who is disappointed to be dropped for a meaningless League Cup(I don't even know what's it called) game.

Spot on! Mat had a spell of poor form last season but he's just become the popular player to slate on the B.B.S. :S:

He may have limited ability but he always gives his all and he does a job when there is an injury or a suspension.

elgin eagle
11-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Spot on! Mat had a spell of poor form last season but he's just become the popular player to slate on the B.B.S. :S:

He may have limited ability but he always gives his all and he does a job when there is an injury or suspension.

I thought he played ok at the end of the season, he can't help being old. He definately gets way too much stick.

Beanie
11-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Bearing in mind he probably isn't the only Matt Lawrence in the world, or even connected to Palace (including fans and other "connections") how do you know this is actually him?

BulletEagle
11-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Clearly he didn't follow Darren Bent

ThisIsDoM
11-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Bearing in mind he probably isn't the only Matt Lawrence in the world, or even connected to Palace (including fans and other "connections") how do you know this is actually him?

His articles for whichever paper he now writes for said that he now had twitter and gave a link to his genuine twitter page.

Kirby
11-08-2009, 02:32 PM
How on earth did he manage to put those tweets on between 3pm and 4.45pm on the 8th August????..........:D

I thought he played a bit better!! :eek:

Il Padrino
11-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Croydon Guardian reads the BBS..

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/sport/football/4540023.Matt_Lawrence_makes_Twitter_gaffe/

Il Padrino
11-08-2009, 02:36 PM

He puts a link in his column for the Mirror (or whichever paper he writes for)

flying-fin
11-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Reading these twitters does really remind you that these footballers are human too. Strange, Shaggy doesnt seem like the person he is on twitter does he ? :D

pauldrulez
11-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Nice to see the Guardian can actually not write properly

Twitterer: Matt Lawrence is a regularly user of Twitter

Ruskin Old Boy
11-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Probably unsettled because Palace turned down Millwall's bid for him.

Beanie
11-08-2009, 03:04 PM
He puts a link in his column for the Mirror (or whichever paper he writes for)
Fair enough - just wondered :p

BulletEagle
11-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Nice to see the Guardian can actually not write properly

And its not twitterer, its tweeter.

bigend1
11-08-2009, 03:30 PM
he does get far too much abuse from people on here. I agree i would rather our other options and am a little nervy when he starts. but he is old and a back up player now. critisism of how he plays is part of football and i'm sure he can handle that. The personal stuff is uncalled for, esspecially given he is one of the players that always gives 100% and wants to play every game for palace.

Dobbo
11-08-2009, 03:36 PM
This is the best thing Shaggy has done since he joined us - the moral in the Torquay camp will be rock bottom at the news he's not playing :p

Lords Eagle
11-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Keep reading all these quotes about players 'giving their all', I could go out and give my all but that wouldn't help anybody. It's a question of whether he's the right man and good enough for the job, IMO ML isn't I'm afraid.

AJ
11-08-2009, 03:56 PM
This is the best thing Shaggy has done since he joined us - the moral in the Torquay camp will be rock bottom at the news he's not playing :p

I think these are the type of comments that are getting out of hand. ML is a good pro who gives 100% per game and really isn't nearly as bad as some make out. Did McCarthy who is 2 inches taller and 10 years younger than ML really do any better against the Plymouth attack on Saturday?

9Freedman9
11-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Probably unsettled because Palace turned down Millwall's bid for him.

?

jobiinthelastmi
11-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Good. He's crap and certainly too old to be in the first 11 come match day.

Owngoal
11-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Hope he is fined a years wages to take him to the end of his contract. Not happy Matty, like those of us who do not like hoofball. Might just make it to the game now with this hopeful selection news.

lasuperstar
11-08-2009, 04:55 PM
I think this is all a little harsh, surely the guy should have a little credit for the fact that he WANT''s to play every game, considering the kind of stick we give him and everyone else, and the players we have had that are happy to just sit collecting their money and not play, surely we should give him a little credit for actually wanting to play for Palace!!

limited_edition
11-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Lenny will be tweeting On Dis Ting next. Discipline him for breaking the embargo. Send him to Millwall, then.

Al From Bromley
11-08-2009, 05:10 PM
I must admit that when I saw his last message was posted at 2.50am and then he was up bright and early again this morning I did wonder whether he was being rested. Can't imagine a player who was playing tonight would want just 7 hours sleep.

xab
12-08-2009, 07:55 AM
I think these are the type of comments that are getting out of hand. ML is a good pro who gives 100% per game and really isn't nearly as bad as some make out. Did McCarthy who is 2 inches taller and 10 years younger than ML really do any better against the Plymouth attack on Saturday?

Spot on. Solid, professional defender, although can look somewhat out of sorts when called to distribute out of defence, which is hardly unique to him as a CB.

NateEagle
12-08-2009, 08:16 AM
I think this is all a little harsh, surely the guy should have a little credit for the fact that he WANT''s to play every game, considering the kind of stick we give him and everyone else, and the players we have had that are happy to just sit collecting their money and not play, surely we should give him a little credit for actually wanting to play for Palace!!

Agreed. Not the best player but certainly has the desire...good back up imo.

Il Padrino
12-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Warnock's response from Express review of the game:

But Warnock dismissed Lawrence’s moaning, insisting he would not have it any other way.
And Blades boss Warnock was far more concerned with his side’s performance, which underlined the need for more firepower up front.
Warnock said: “I can’t even turn on a computer, but I would be disappointed if he didn’t complain.
“He’s the most miserable person you could meet. If he wakes up in the morning and smiles, he takes a tablet.”

Neil the Eagle
12-08-2009, 12:32 PM
I must admit that when I saw his last message was posted at 2.50am and then he was up bright and early again this morning I did wonder whether he was being rested. Can't imagine a player who was playing tonight would want just 7 hours sleep.

He's got young kids, Al. I'm told they can keep you up at night.

igl
12-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Warnock's response from Express review of the game:

But Warnock dismissed Lawrence’s moaning, insisting he would not have it any other way.
And Blades boss Warnock was far more concerned with his side’s performance, which underlined the need for more firepower up front.
Warnock said: “I can’t even turn on a computer, but I would be disappointed if he didn’t complain.
“He’s the most miserable person you could meet. If he wakes up in the morning and smiles, he takes a tablet.”

Good old Express .... "Blades boss" !!

Al From Bromley
12-08-2009, 01:57 PM
He's got young kids, Al. I'm told they can keep you up at night.

On the nights our 11 month old wakes up at 1,3 and 5am I don't have the energy to switch on the computer let alone twitter on it. And I think his kids are older, no? JAT :)

Barbara4003
12-08-2009, 01:59 PM
On the nights our 11 month old wakes up at 1,3 and 5am I don't have the energy to switch on the computer let alone twitter on it. And I think his kids are older, no? JAT :)

He's a lot younger than you.

Younger people have more energy.

:)

kolinkins
12-08-2009, 02:05 PM
He probably didnt even use his computer for it

Barbara4003
12-08-2009, 02:06 PM
He probably didnt even use his computer for it

No. He's probably got all the new fangled gadgets.

iPhone, iTouch, wonkle thing, wi-fi on his TV.

:)