PDA

View Full Version : Our formation

delboy01
04-10-2009, 08:41 AM
I have to say I like our current formation, especially for away games. But at home I think we need to mix it up a bit more second half if we need goals.

We are currently playing 4-2-3-1 and with the right players it will work really well. Yesterday two of our 3 were not firing on all cylinders. Scannell was either ill or had a knock (I hope) and Ambrose had a poor game but still managed to score. With Moses missing and the above two not firing we looked a bit flat at times.

At home we will need to switch to 4-4-2 when needed but as a starting point 4-2-3-1 is negative but very solid.

Away from home it's going to be a real winner. Personally I like the formation as it gives us a defensive base from which to strike. And will make us very difficult to score against in open play.

In terms of personal for this formation Ertle and Derry in front of the defence works well. It allows for either Derry or Ertle to move forward when we have the ball to really good effect, without comprising the defence. Ertle in the air and Derry shooting from outside the box.

If one of these two were to be injured then anywhere man N'diaye could fill in or even danny B. He was excellent at CB and we all know he has a wicked shot. Playing in the defensive midfield role he may be able to use it again!

Of the 3 attacking mids we seem to be spoilt for choice. Moses, ambrose, Danns, Scannell, Sears, carle, Hills, and the aforemention N'Diaye.

Up front in this setup I really don't think Lee is the answer. Unless some of our injured players return I would give N'diaye a go at it. He looked good when he came on yesterday. And he seems to have a knack for being in the right place to score. He has a big, big future.

Then if we switch to 4-4-2 bring lee on and move moses or sears up to join him and move N'diaye into midfield. In my opinion Lee needs a partner.

In the position we are in I think 4-2-3-1 is going to allow us to punch well above our weight this season.

Anyone else got any comments on this?