PDA

View Full Version : Darren Ambrose in Football League 'Team of the Week'

RDSdaEAGLE
06-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Crystal Palace midfielder Darren Ambrose has been selected in the Football League’s Team of the Week, as chosen by the Press Association.

Ambrose has proven to be a revelation since signing for Palace from Charlton Athletic during the summer.

The former Ipswich trainee had struggled with fitness and form at The Valley, but both he and manager Neil Warnock will be delighted with his recent form, which has seen a return of six goals in eleven starts for the club.

Link! (http://fypfanzine.wordpress.com/2009/10/06/darren-ambrose-in-football-league-team-of-the-week/)

ForzaPalace
06-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Best player in the squad at the moment.

ThisIsDoM
06-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Performance-wise, IMO, he's been very average but has just done incredibly well at popping up with the odd goal or two. Perhaps he should be converted into a striker? Then again, I didn't watch him against neither Wednesday nor Blackpool but the radio commentators didn't seem too impressed until he got the goal.

jobiinthelastmi
06-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Performance-wise, IMO, he's been very average but has just done incredibly well at popping up with the odd goal or two. Perhaps he should be converted into a striker? Then again, I didn't watch him against neither Wednesday nor Blackpool but the radio commentators didn't seem too impressed until he got the goal.

Doom Doom and gloom :sob: :sob:

Clinton was never unplayable yet scored many goals for us.

CPFC_DAVE77
06-10-2009, 10:54 PM

I agree with you.

NZsparky
07-10-2009, 12:35 AM
I am a bit confused here, are you saying you think he is an average player and has just got lucky with being our main goal scorer?
Or are you saying he is only playing averagely at the moment but despite this is scoring goals, and is our leading goal scorer?.
Or were you just having a dig and trying to provoke a reaction.?
Or am I being hyper sensitive to any critiscm be it constructive or otherwise?
Or did you really mean that Ron Noades Mother is a...did not work 9-5

SteveyHawking
07-10-2009, 01:25 AM
Definitely the Ron Noades mother meaning.

stinky
07-10-2009, 07:58 AM
I kind of see where he's coming from. Quite often I don't really notice him do much during games (I'M NOT HAVING A DIG HERE, I LOVE HIM), but then he'll pop up, get in a great position, and score. Of course, I do notice him whip great corners and free kicks into the box. He's replaced Watson in that respect. Worth his place in the team for his goals so far alone.

Keep it up Darren!

Thanet Eagle
07-10-2009, 08:50 AM
That bit sweeter that we got him from the Clowns !

kolinkins
07-10-2009, 08:55 AM
I'd love him to get more involved in games as it is clear he has so much ability. But cannot fault his goals return. In fact, I'd say irrespective of his performances, his ability to score makes him pretty much undroppable.

Nofishtoday
07-10-2009, 09:08 AM
I hope the news about Darren hasn't gone unnoticed at the Valley.

Seriously though it just shows what a good manager NW is. We're lucky to have them both.

Kirby
07-10-2009, 10:14 AM
No way deserves to be in there ahead of Jules, Paddy, Butts, Danns and Derry but fair play for yet another goal after a relatively quiet match.

I did notice he was tracking back more and showing a lot more committment though.

That team is constantly a load of old shite anwyay. They should rename it the "Let's just pick whoever scores or keeps a clean sheet" team of the week.

ngg3
07-10-2009, 12:53 PM
http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=82&story=4509

there was an article last night on HOL about his impact so far.

eaglesfan86
07-10-2009, 05:22 PM

He has the quality to get us goals which win us matches. That will do for me.