PDA

View Full Version : New half-season ticket deal with FREE matches

Tony
22-10-2009, 10:32 PM
I posted this in the Palace Money Saving Expert Thread, but it probably needs one of its own... also I apologise for putting this in GPD but I feel it needs more attention than the ticket forum receives

A NEW TICKET DEAL FROM PALACE
... (typically of them it's tucked away in the middle of nowhere on their website, it was announced yesterday). Full details are here: http://www.cpfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,1...830986,00.html but below I'll sub-edit the club's waffle to provide a quick summary ...

Half Season Ticket Available
Half season tickets for all areas of the stadium are now available for the final 11 home games of the season. A Junior season ticket in the Croydon Advertiser Family Stand works out at just 4.09 per game.

If you buy a half season ticket on or before November 7 you will get FREE ADMISSION to the December home games against Doncaster, Barnsley and Ipswich. If you buy from November 9 you will be able to get the home games against Barnsley and Ipswich FREE.

Prices are as follows
WHITEHORSE AND OLD STAND BLOCK J (FAMILY) adult 195, concession 95, junior 45

ARTHUR WAIT adult 245, concession 125, junior 100

HOLMESDALE LOWER adult 195, concession 95 and junior 70

MAIN STAND adult 295, concession 160 and junior 135

HOLMESDALE UPPER adult 245, concession 125 and junior 100

GALLERY adult 295, concession 185

It will be interesting to work out exactly what this means but it seems like a small price cut and that might help fans a little bit. What they've really got to do now is bring down on the day prices by a significant margin (and there is room to do that without affecting season ticket holders).

I'm sure that Palace really needs this money so please have a good look at these deals.

Do please check the Palace Money Saving Expert thread for advice on paying by credit card (which is a MUST read)

Phone the Box Office on 08712 00 00 71

Pub Idol
23-10-2009, 06:27 AM
I posted this in the Palace Money Saving Expert Thread, but it probably needs one of its own... also I apologise for putting this in GPD but I feel it needs more attention than the ticket forum receives

A NEW TICKET DEAL FROM PALACE
... (typically of them it's tucked away in the middle of nowhere on their website, it was announced yesterday). Full details are here: http://www.cpfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,1...830986,00.html but below I'll sub-edit the club's waffle to provide a quick summary ...

Half Season Ticket Available
Half season tickets for all areas of the stadium are now available for the final 11 home games of the season. A Junior season ticket in the Croydon Advertiser Family Stand works out at just 4.09 per game.

If you buy a half season ticket on or before November 7 you will get FREE ADMISSION to the December home games against Doncaster, Barnsley and Ipswich. If you buy from November 9 you will be able to get the home games against Barnsley and Ipswich FREE.

Prices are as follows
WHITEHORSE AND OLD STAND BLOCK J (FAMILY) adult 195, concession 95, junior 45

ARTHUR WAIT adult 245, concession 125, junior 100

HOLMESDALE LOWER adult 195, concession 95 and junior 70

MAIN STAND adult 295, concession 160 and junior 135

HOLMESDALE UPPER adult 245, concession 125 and junior 100

GALLERY adult 295, concession 185

It will be interesting to work out exactly what this means but it seems like a small price cut and that might help fans a little bit. What they've really got to do now is bring down on the day prices by a significant margin (and there is room to do that without affecting season ticket holders).

I'm sure that Palace really needs this money so please have a good look at these deals.

Do please check the Palace Money Saving Expert thread for advice on paying by credit card (which is a MUST read)

Phone the Box Office on 08712 00 00 71

So if you drag yourself of to the Palace every home gane whilst the nippers stay at home because its too expensive etc think again! For only 45 quid (less than one ticket at Chelsea) you could take take them with you. They might even love it!

Tony
23-10-2009, 07:07 AM
This offers 14 games for the price of 11. A 245 adult ticket in the Arthur Wait works out at 17.50 per match for the 14 games, in the Holmesdale Lower it is 13.93.

The 100 junior tickets work out at 5.71 a game (I would quibble and say they should be 50 in all areas for entire seasons, but even so it's not bad).

Obviously it means finding money up front but please read this, it might help: http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?t=191475

We need more support. This is a help.

chatham_eagle
23-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Your original link isn't working dude - http://www.cpfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10323~1830986,00.html - It's a very good deal.

Tony
23-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Thanks very much, I'm not sure what's going on with the link, it was working, but I posted it elsewhere and it wasn't, I think they might have changed the url.

Anyway cheers, for the update. I really hope this will help a lot of fans get behind the club when we need it most. I know it's money up front, but you can get an interest free credit card and make the payments monthly by direct debit so it is a bloody good deal. Please tell everyone you know!

I have to say though... I've just got the official cpfc.co.uk newsletter and their lead story is about the odds for tomorrow's match, and this is the FIFTH item on the list... CPFC's marketing department must be on drugs or something.

orp pisshead1
23-10-2009, 10:45 PM
I have to say though... I've just got the official cpfc.co.uk newsletter and their lead story is about the odds for tomorrow's match, and this is the FIFTH item on the list... CPFC's marketing department must be on drugs or something.

I think the marketing department actually needs drugs:D

Gosling
03-11-2009, 08:04 AM
They have a marketing department?? :eek:

Tony
04-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Another bump for this.

Following Simon Jordan's comments on attendances and the close of the October deadline for the 5% discount on next year's season tickets, this is a good deal to go for...

However, YOU NEED TO GET THESE BOUGHT BY NOVEMBER 7 to get the best of the deal which effectively includes free entry to the Doncaster, Barnsley and Ipswich games.

Tony
06-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Wonders never cease... Palace have actually made this deal the lead item in their Newsletter. Here's their announcement... if you haven't got a season ticket then get on dis ting... it's a cracking deal, but you need to do it tomorrow to get the best from it

"It is deadline day weekend if you want to see football for FREE in December. We currently have half season tickets available for some great matches over the second half of the season.

If you buy a half season ticket before close of business on Saturday 7th November 2009 we will give you a complimentary ticket for our three home matches in December. The box office will be open from 9am on Saturday to get this great offer and see some crucial matches through until May at discounted prices."

jabbski
06-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Sounds good but in my case I'm not even going to bother. A full season ticket wasn't going to work great for me this year with work, and when I got the letter for the Selhurst 12 deal, I thought, RESULT!

Four times I have tried to purchase the Selhurst 12 deal from the Box Office, what did they do about selling it me? Nothing!!!

So many times I called to sort it out, was just met with can we do it another time cos we are busy, it's not on our system that we sent you the letter, can you prove it and we'll call you back. Put up with all this mucking around, sent them the letter I received, emailed it them. They never called me back or even checked. Got fed up, its like they don't want my money!

Since buying individual home tickets won't provide any value for money with the amount of games I planned to attend, I've decided not to bother anymore except for away games!

Gutted about this poor service as I've been supporting palace and had a season ticket previously for over 7 years.

Tony
06-11-2009, 11:09 PM
It's a shame to hear that Jabbski. There are rather too many of these kind of comments around and Palace do need to get to grips with such incidents.

The only thing I can add is that we need every fan we can muster. This is a good deal, I'm sure it doesn't have the (rather hidden) restrictions that came with the Selhurst 12 deal and it should be straightforward enough to buy.

Likewise with any other fans currently staying away... price wise this is an excellent offer and every person we can tempt back to Selhurst adds just that bit more to the atmosphere and feel-good feeling for the rest of us.

Please stick with it at least while we try to get through to the club.