PDA

View Full Version : Help please - problem with Adobe Acrobat

Jukesy
21-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Barb tells me there are some very clever chappies on the BBS who might be able to help with a problem i have with Adobe Acrobat?

In the course of my work, I receive artwork files as PDFs which I forward to my customers. I can open them ok on my PC, but when i forward them on, the recipient gets an error message and can't open it. I've tried removing all Adobe products from my PC and re-installing but to no avail. I use CA as my virus scanner and Spamfilter.

Another colleague in my office on the same network suffers with the same problem, but two others on the network don't.

Any ideas?

The Omen
21-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Are you resaving them or just forwarding them?

Have they tried sending them back to you? If they do, can you open them?

Are you sure the problem isn't their end? (Old version of Adobe Acrobat)

Jukesy
21-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Just forwarding them. Definitely my end, because if I get my designers to send them direct they're fine.

montstar
21-04-2010, 01:43 PM
try redirecting them instead of forwarding

Barbara4003
21-04-2010, 02:06 PM
David. Check it isn't on rich text format ;)

Barbara4003
21-04-2010, 03:43 PM
I've had another thought.

Check your email options and see if Outlook Express is removing anything that could be a virus threat in your outgoing mail.

It could be that as you forward it, OE is removing it as a security thing.

Jukesy
21-04-2010, 04:23 PM
I've had another thought.

Check your email options and see if Outlook Express is removing anything that could be a virus threat in your outgoing mail.

It could be that as you forward it, OE is removing it as a security thing.

Thanks Barb, tried that but no joy :(

Barbara4003
21-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Thanks Barb, tried that but no joy :(

Why don't you try loading Outlook, rather than Outlook Express?

It could be an OE problem, that may not happen with Outlook.

Dodger
21-04-2010, 06:43 PM
In the course of my work, I receive artwork files as PDFs which I forward to my customers. I can open them ok on my PC, but when i forward them on, the recipient gets an error message and can't open it.

What is the (exact) error message the recipient gets?