PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Embargo

eagleforlife
08-06-2010, 06:51 AM
Does anyone know if we're still under a transfer embargo?

Last week's South London Press said that once the deal was done without CVA and Football League golden share transferral that CPFC 2010 could instruct Brendan Guilfoyle on what players to sign and sell.

Ian
08-06-2010, 07:44 AM
The transfer embargo would never have stopped us resigning our own out-of-contract players, and that is probably the most urgent task at the moment.

To answer your actual question, I don't know, but would guess the embargo would be lifted once the "football debts" have been paid off. That may well have happened already.

Psychokiller
08-06-2010, 08:18 AM
Once we're out of admin the embargo will be lifted and we can sign players. Though I wouldn't hold my breath for any million pound signings, thankfully.

Jordan's Jacket
08-06-2010, 08:58 AM
At last we can ditch M'Bargo. He's been nothing but trouble since he arrived

Little Matt
08-06-2010, 09:04 AM
For a while it looked like we might get Win Dinguporder

m_reid
08-06-2010, 09:17 AM

qpr can take him instead of ambrose

drizzt
08-06-2010, 09:38 AM
I think we'd probably want a manager in place before signing any players!

GrahamS
08-06-2010, 09:53 AM
I think once the Football League are happy, they'll lift the embargo even if we're still in administration. Stockport were able to sign plays this season despite being in administration (although they were all on short term contracts (January till the end of the season)).

cranesparkeagle
08-06-2010, 10:03 AM
That guy Cash Strappd can go as well with any luck

sw16girl
08-06-2010, 07:44 PM
According to the FL rep we spoke with today he seemed to think that it was unlikely that the club would be allowed to sign anyone until the club had actually been bought and this included the FL approval of the new owners. So sadly it looks like it is going to be in place for a while - however while new payers cannot be signed I would imagine that existing players can be talked to and told what they will be offered so things can get moving.

pauldrulez
08-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Once we're out of admin the embargo will be lifted and we can sign players. Though I wouldn't hold my breath for any million pound signings, thankfully.
I've got a suspicion that these guys have got more money as a group than they are making out.

While i'm not expecting 2m+ signings, I wouldn't be shocked to see a 1m player being bought. As long as it is someone young that can still develop, but has shown ability in the lower leagues or in the Championship. Maybe someone from a relegated team for example.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
08-06-2010, 08:52 PM

Yeah, thank god. ;)

We must be the only club whose supporters will be protesting at the gates if we ever make a big money signing!

Stavros 69
08-06-2010, 08:54 PM
I don't want to lose M'bargo on a free. He's done well this season considering.

Mad Raschic Ken
08-06-2010, 08:56 PM
According to the FL rep we spoke with today he seemed to think that it was unlikely that the club would be allowed to sign anyone until the club had actually been bought and this included the FL approval of the new owners. So sadly it looks like it is going to be in place for a while - however while new payers cannot be signed I would imagine that existing players can be talked to and told what they will be offered so things can get moving.

I guess it doesn't stop deals being negotiated, but just means that the transfers can't be completed. Not such a big issue over the close season as long as all parties are confident that the embargo will be lifted at some point this summer.

The Gerry Queen
08-06-2010, 09:07 PM
We are going to have to work hard to improve our image with the FL. All the time SJ was criticising them left right and centre, sometimes not without reason, we were defaulting on transfers and then embargoed so many time for missing wage payments ect it was as embarrasing as incompetent.
Looking at the track record of our new owners I think that we can have no worries with the FL.

chatham_eagle
08-06-2010, 09:08 PM
I don't want to lose M'bargo on a free. He's done well this season considering.

Aye, whilst he was hardly an inspiring signing when he first joined, a decent showing towards the end of the showing and it looks like he has a future in the game. He'll be off to brighter lights, in the Premiershit perhaps.
I won't be too devastated to see him go, but there will be some happy memories of his time here.

Niel Smillie
08-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Aye, whilst he was hardly an inspiring signing when he first joined, a decent showing towards the end of the showing and it looks like he has a future in the game. He'll be off to brighter lights, in the Premiershit perhaps.
I won't be too devastated to see him go, but there will be some happy memories of his time here.
I hear Portsmouth are looking at him.

Stavros 69
08-06-2010, 09:39 PM
For a while it looked like we might get Win Dinguporder
LOL

pauldrulez
08-06-2010, 09:41 PM
So, basically.

We wont have any new players at all until the end of July.

How is the team supposed to gel through the pre-season?

Pure bollocks.

CPFC_DAVE77
08-06-2010, 09:45 PM
So, basically.

Pure bollocks.

It'll be alright Paul.

sw16girl
08-06-2010, 09:58 PM
So, basically.

Pure bollocks.

I would imagine it would be possible to let players train with the squad before they were signed so players could be looked at and approached. I think the FL meeting to approve the new owners would be mid July so it may not be that bad.

Blind_Eagle
08-06-2010, 10:08 PM
I've got a suspicion that these guys have got more money as a group than they are making out.

While i'm not expecting 2m+ signings, I wouldn't be shocked to see a 1m player being bought. As long as it is someone young that can still develop, but has shown ability in the lower leagues or in the Championship. Maybe someone from a relegated team for example.

It's really not for me to puncture your optimism but I do fear you are going to be rather disappointed, certainly in the short term.

For me, I'd be happy for them to adopt a financially prudent, nay, frugal approach to player investment if it gave them time to learn the ropes of running a football club. We should never, ever again buy a player who we can't actually afford, just to chase a dream. We have proved on two (or possibly three) occasions that it only ends in tears and the potential real loss of the club itself

biggus mickus
08-06-2010, 10:13 PM

Get away Paul. What Martin 'Churchill Insurance' Long?
What makes you think that?

Stick to F1 Paul.:angel:

biggus mickus
08-06-2010, 10:14 PM
It's really not for me to puncture your optimism but I do fear you are going to be rather disappointed, certainly in the short term.

For me, I'd be happy for them to adopt a financially prudent, nay, frugal approach to player investment if it gave them time to learn the ropes of running a football club. We should never, ever again buy a player who we can't actually afford, just to chase a dream. We have proved on two (or possibly three) occasions that it only ends in tears and the potential real loss of the club itself

Agreed Nige. The future is the kids.

Blind_Eagle
08-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Howd'y cowboy. :D

biggus mickus
08-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Howd'y cowboy. :D

I.O.C.A.C :D

HolmesdaleNomad
08-06-2010, 11:40 PM

I heard he's off to M'boro.