PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else holding Palace talks?

PeterH
12-06-2010, 04:16 AM
Great Gonzo for eample.

I would be, but Palace can't get hold of me. My phone is switched off.

GreatGonzo
12-06-2010, 08:46 AM
Not heard from 2010 yet.

I assume they are using the 'saving the best till last' routine so hopefully will be getting the call in the next few days.

Hoping the fact i was teh only Palace manager to win some silverware last season will swing it in my favour, especially as it was a win over Brighton and being the fans they are 2010 will be excited by that.

Dougie would stay on though ;)

jb888
12-06-2010, 09:27 AM
I talk about Palace quit a lot.
HTH

Barbara4003
12-06-2010, 09:40 AM
I'm not.

They asked me, but I declined.

Granada allover
12-06-2010, 09:42 AM
I'm not.

That's because you know Barbara4003 would insist you wore a suit. Er...

Nelson Muntz
12-06-2010, 09:45 AM
I was due to meet Steve Parish at a race track last week, but the plonker crashed before our meeting!

EMLEY EAGLE
12-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Having just steered AFC Emley to promotion,I would have thought I would have been contacted by now.

Barbara4003
12-06-2010, 09:47 AM
That's because you know Barbara4003 would insist you wore a suit. Er...

Precisely.

And I don't have a suit and they weren't willing to buy me one, so I told them to do one.

I certainly wouldn't want to upset Barbara4003. If she wants a manager in a suit then that should be the first priority and the only question CPFC2010 need to ask the prospective manager :)

GreatGonzo
12-06-2010, 09:49 AM
I was due to meet Steve Parish at a race track last week, but the plonker crashed before our meeting!

The thought of you managing the team can have that sort of effect on people! ;)

Nelson Muntz
12-06-2010, 09:50 AM
Yeah, any excuse.

Barbara4003
12-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Yeah, any excuse.

Would you wear a suit?

Nelson Muntz
12-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Yes I would. It's the only way to manage.

Crunchie
12-06-2010, 10:37 AM

The fact you can't spell the correctly on your CV, may rule you out IMO.

GreatGonzo
12-06-2010, 10:37 AM
Would you wear a suit?

You never asked me! :( :sob:

GreatGonzo
12-06-2010, 10:40 AM
The fact you can't spell the correctly on your CV, may rule you out IMO.

Yeah i should probably use the spell checker on here as much as i do on WORD but it isn't built in to the BBS like it is on WORD lol :D

Besdies the very best don't send CV's! Sending a CV is IMO the very example of why you are amateur :D

Nelson Muntz
12-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Yeah i should probably use the spell checker on here as much as i do on WORD but it isn't built in to the BBS like it is on WORD lol :D

Besdies the very best don't send CV's! Sending a CV is IMO the very example of why you are amateur :D
GG's right. In the football world you wait for then jobs to come to you if your good enough. Eh GG?

Barbara4003
12-06-2010, 10:51 AM
You never asked me! :( :sob:

I was going to ask you. But I can only interview one person at a time!

So, Gonzo, will you wear a suit or do you prefer the casual, unprofessional track suit and baseball cap approach?

Barbara4003
12-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Yes I would. It's the only way to manage.

You're top of the short list at the moment :p

GreatGonzo
12-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Indeed Nelson, my name has been mentioned with the Palace job in numerous threads across this site which we are told they read. If they haven't picked up on this and researched fully discovering that i am not only the natural choice but also the very best there is on offer, then really, would i want to work for them?

GreatGonzo
12-06-2010, 10:54 AM
I was going to ask you. But I can only interview one person at a time!

So, Gonzo, will you wear a suit or do you prefer the casual, unprofessional track suit and baseball cap approach?

Hae been known to do both in the past, although never with a baseball cap. I find it can be an awful waste of a Pierre Cardin suit when you diving in the mud alongside your players to celebrate a momentous goal.

In August and May, though i do tend to go for the sunglasses look - is that acceptable?

Barbara4003
12-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Hae been known to do both in the past, although never with a baseball cap. I find it can be an awful waste of a Pierre Cardin suit when you diving in the mud alongside your players to celebrate a momentous goal.

In August and May, though i do tend to go for the sunglasses look - is that acceptable?

An proper Manager would have said, well I have an old M&S suit for the rainy days, and a posh PC suit for the sunny days.

But you do score an extra few points for the sunglasses look ;)

SpikeyMatt
12-06-2010, 10:59 AM
When I told them I wanted to offer Matt Lawrence a new contract, they laughed and showed me the door.

(Kidding, I love Matt Lawrence)

GreatGonzo
12-06-2010, 11:03 AM
An proper Manager would have said, well I have an old M&S suit for the rainy days, and a posh PC suit for the sunny days.

But you do score an extra few points for the sunglasses look ;)

I also have a unique fee structure:

2,000 per point and 2,000 per goal, encourages winning football, scoring goals and speanding the last 10 minutes of a game going for a win rather than protecting a point.

Goes up to 5k in the Premiership, and 1k extra each year we stay up to a maximum value of 20k.

That i think you will agree represents real value for money and i am sure the creative types we have running the club now will appreciate such an ingenious performance related pay scheme.

Barbara4003
12-06-2010, 11:09 AM
I also have a unique fee structure:

2,000 per point and 2,000 per goal, encourages winning football, scoring goals and speanding the last 10 minutes of a game going for a win rather than protecting a point.

Goes up to 5k in the Premiership, and 1k extra each year we stay up to a maximum value of 20k.

That i think you will agree represents real value for money and i am sure the creative types we have running the club now will appreciate such an ingenious performance related pay scheme.

You sound a bit cheap.

We have to pay at least 250,000 pa + bonuses. We don't want to look like the poor relation in the league.

You've now lost the extra points the sunglasses earned. Sorry, but that's football.

Nelson Muntz
12-06-2010, 11:12 AM
I'd wear a suit and buy Tom Soares back.

Barbara4003
12-06-2010, 11:17 AM
I'd wear a suit and but Tom Soares back.

:lux:

Mr Muntz, I am pleased to offer you the position of Manager of Crystal Palace FC.

I don't want to get too involved with your position, but feel I may need to interview Tom - alone. Just to check a few things out, like his boots, his loyalty, that sort of mundane stuff ;)

Nelson Muntz
12-06-2010, 11:20 AM
:lux:

Mr Muntz, I am pleased to offer you the position of Manager of Crystal Palace FC.

See GG. Learn about your Chairperson and the interview process is easy :D

GreatGonzo
12-06-2010, 11:26 AM
An offer from someone not in a position to make that offer is in actual fact no offer.

I believe Barbara t be a monkey and am appealing to the organ grinder, now she has offered the position to someone else there is nothing to lose in upping the stakes :D

Barbara4003
12-06-2010, 11:33 AM
An offer from someone not in a position to make that offer is in actual fact no offer.

I believe Barbara t be a monkey and am appealing to the organ grinder, now she has offered the position to someone else there is nothing to lose in upping the stakes :D

I feel a bit bad for you, what with the sunglasses and everything, so I've had an idea.

We shall have a home Manager and an away Manager.

You will have to fight it out between you who does what, but that's the offer on the table.

Take it or leave it :D

Reps AJ
12-06-2010, 12:31 PM
I feel a bit bad for you, what with the sunglasses and everything, so I've had an idea.

You will have to fight it out between you who does what, but that's the offer on the table.

I think that would be perfect for Gonzo - it allows him to manage the team whilst still being able to have a go at everything the manager is doing wrong :)

Shipp Ahoy!
12-06-2010, 01:14 PM

That's a curious idea Barbara, maybe CPFC2010 should consider this route.

After all we always seem to be shite at one and decent at the other :hi:

PeterH
12-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Not heard from 2010 yet.

I assume they are using the 'saving the best till last' routine so hopefully will be getting the call in the next few days.

Hoping the fact i was teh only Palace manager to win some silverware last season will swing it in my favour, especially as it was a win over Brighton and being the fans they are 2010 will be excited by that.

Dougie would stay on though ;)

You would get my vote GG.

PeterH
12-06-2010, 03:49 PM
I'm not.

You've been earmarked for the Catering Manager position.

Barbara4003
12-06-2010, 03:52 PM
You've been earmarked for the Catering Manager position.

I hope not. I can't cook to save my life :D

PeterH
12-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Get the hubby to run the concession.

doodledandy
12-06-2010, 05:21 PM
GG's right. In the football world you wait for then jobs to come to you if your good enough. Eh GG?
Not according to Steve Parish, who said he was amazed by the amount and quality of some of the applications for the job.

Of course, he may simply be referring to Barbara's application, stating she would get the very best out of the players by wearing her DOM suit on match days and cracking the whip whenever she felt it was necessary. Who knows? :p