PDA

View Full Version : How do I legally unblock my phone?

Travelcard
30-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Hi I want to SIM unblock my T-Mobile phone - a samsung. T-Mobile have given me the unblock code, but they didn't say what to do with it?

Does anyone know?

(When you search online all you find is people trying to sell you unblock codes - no instructions so far)

Eaglettie
30-09-2010, 08:40 PM
I googled this recently for a phone too, put in the name of the phone and 'unblocking with code' it gives you instructions on a few of the sites/forums , you have to put the imei number into the code too if I remember rightly.

Scrumpy
30-09-2010, 08:46 PM
When I unblocked a different phone I had to put it a sim of a network it was blocked to. Turned it on then it asked or unblock code

Travelcard
30-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Cheers for the response, no luck so far :(

It's actually my wife's phone - got to say that before I reveal that it's a Samsung E570 :D

So, do all phones have different ways of unlocking them?

Travelcard
30-09-2010, 08:49 PM
When I unblocked a different phone I had to put it a sim of a network it was blocked to. Turned it on then it asked or unblock code

Cheers, that's what I would have hoped - just says "invalid SIM card" and allows you to make SOS calls.

Travelcard
30-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Apparently I need something called a subsidy PIN. Will call them tomorrow. Cheers for the help.

"Have you put another network's SIM card into a T-Mobile phone?

You'll need a subsidy PIN to unlock the phone. To obtain a subsidy PIN, or if you've entered an incorrect subsidy PIN, please call us on 0845 412 5000."