PDA

View Full Version : Reserves away at QPR today (1st March)

Gazza2
01-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Saw that Caprice and Mann start and that Fitzsimons & Wynter are amongst those on the bench.

Any other team news / score updates would be appreciated.

Excowboy
01-03-2011, 01:06 PM
If Mann's starting for the reserves, that would suggest Price is being lined up for a start against Burnley right? Groin strains usually take a few weeks.

Gazza2
01-03-2011, 01:31 PM
And the other Academy keeper is on the bench for the Reserves so no involvement for Price at all today.

gold76
01-03-2011, 01:32 PM
A big ask for Price, should he get the nod at Burnley, hope he does himself proud

Axie
01-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Anyone know the score ? Alex Wynter just tweeted....

Not a good result, played 90mins in midfield, what a blow! #tired

TC EAGLE
01-03-2011, 03:17 PM
A big ask for Price, should he get the nod at Burnley, hope he does himself proud

According to this report Jules OK for saturday

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=215681

Clapham Grand
01-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Speroni not training this week but they are hopeful he will play

GodstoneEagle
01-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Price has plenty of experience at this level.

pauldrulez
01-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Wynter tweeted me back...

@patriotscpfc let's just say it weren't pretty but wasn't a bad performance from everyone.

Damn :sob:

GreatGonzo
01-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Is it on the QPR site?

Axie
01-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Hmmm seems like we lost 7-2

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/ReserveNews/0,,10373~2305305,00.html

GreatGonzo
01-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Very strong QPR side then half filled with seasoned professionals whereas we have i would guess a much younger side.

Woosie
01-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Notice that Ronnie Jepson is their reserve team coach now.

Big Blue Eagle
01-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Hulse, Hall, Sh&ttu, Cerny, Ephraim, etc etc etc - that looks a very strong side against a team of mainly academy players

pauldrulez
01-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Lots of dejected tweets from our youngsters on Twitter.

They should be proud.

They weren't purchased and put in a reserve team.

They're working their own way into football and are kicking arse in their U18 league with teams like West Ham, Arsenal, Chelsea. They're only behind Southampton and more than capable of catching them.

Owngoal
01-03-2011, 05:23 PM
The difference for us since losing Jepson as reserve team manager and getting Austin has been immense. If Price let 7 in it will not have done his confidence any good if called upon Saturday. Everything crossed Jules is OK. Looking at our reserve team results is just so different and depressing, not the springboard into the first team it should be. Dean needs to think of another career as his record for us will not help him get another job. Hope he was not on a long term contract.

AJ
01-03-2011, 05:32 PM
The difference for us since losing Jepson as reserve team manager and getting Austin has been immense. If Price let 7 in it will not have done his confidence any good if called upon Saturday. Everything crossed Jules is OK. Looking at our reserve team results is just so different and depressing, not the springboard into the first team it should be. Dean needs to think of another career as his record for us will not help him get another job. Hope he was not on a long term contract.

I can't agree with that. The goal of the reserves is not to necessarily win games. Austin has a very bare squad with virtually no 100% fit players with first team experience and a number of youth players. The key to success at reserve level is to count the number of players that make the step up to first team action. If Clyne and Zaha moved straight from the youth to first, then Jepson did a poor job as I don't recall any reserve players from 2009-10 that successfully made the step up from reserve to first team football.

Big Blue Eagle
01-03-2011, 05:47 PM

You clearly can't be ars*d to read the thread and check facts. Price wasn't playing it was Mann, and we basically had an U18 team against fully fledged pros like Hulse and others. It's not down to Austin if it's men against boys, and this I'd the case more often than not. We still have a very thin squad that needs wrapping in cotton wool until May so we will continue to basically use reserve games to bring on youth players and give the odd senior player a chance to boost fitness.

Owngoal
01-03-2011, 11:16 PM
You clearly can't be ars*d to read the thread and check facts. Price wasn't playing it was Mann, and we basically had an U18 team against fully fledged pros like Hulse and others. It's not down to Austin if it's men against boys, and this I'd the case more often than not. We still have a very thin squad that needs wrapping in cotton wool until May so we will continue to basically use reserve games to bring on youth players and give the odd senior player a chance to boost fitness.

No I didn't see it was Mann (not that I couldn't be arsed, and I've seen nothing anywhere except the QPR sites), suppose I thought it would have been sensible to play Price if there was a chance he might be needed against Burnley, silly me thinking it would be good to get match practice. Most clubs also put their bench players who are not getting on in reserve games to give them match practice (Garvan, dorman, Barrett, Davis, Andrew). Its also the place other teams can see your players you might want to loan out (Dorman, Andrew) to free up some money. I notice that under Jepson the official club site used to give reasonable coverage to reserve performances but not any more. Its all gone downhill since we stopped using Bromley and the reserves to sharpen/prepare players for possible first team action.