PDA

View Full Version : GOLF betting

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Beckenham Boy
21-03-2011, 10:05 AM
For fear of being the only one posting on this thread, I thought I would open a new thread to focus solely on golf betting.

It seems a few people bet regularly on the US and European tour events and a lot more get involved for the big events.

Hope OK with everyone

Beckenham Boy
21-03-2011, 10:28 AM
The Masters are quickly approaching us, kicking off on Thursday 7th April, so started looking a bit more seriously at the markets

US threats
Watney was 50/1 just 3 weeks ago but due to his incredible form so far this year including a win 2 weeks ago he has dropped down to 18s. Watney finished 7th last year at The Masters although that was 8 shots off the leader. Just wish I got on him a few weeks back...

Tiger is erratic at the moment - he can still play the low rounds but seems impossible for him to put 4 together (even 2 together) in a row at the moment so best odds at 15/2 (Fav) seem way too low at moment - maybe worth watching in play for him

Phil - got to be there or there abouts on the Sunday - form has not been good this season so far but you think of The Masters you think of Phil - best odds of 9/1 are very attractive

Dustin Johnson - cannot see he has the game for Augusta but he has the ability to prove me wrong. 28/1 currently.

European threats
The 29/1 you can get on both Luke Donald and Graeme McDowell look intersting right now as well. You can also pick up 30/1 on Casey and 40/1 on Poulter

The only one I really fancy to do well at Augusta out of those 4 is Donald although he missed the cut last year he is playing better this season though.

Lee Westwood - finished 2nd to Phil last year after leading going into the final round. Likes the course and has the ability to win but his current form is not great and I don't think he will make it into the mix at the end.

Martin Kaymer - missed the cut last year but looks a different player now. I think he will be in the mix towards the end

Rory McIlroy - Did not enjoy his time at Augusta last year missing the cut with +7 after 2 rounds - as short as 20/1 and as long as 25/1 can be taken but I cannot see any reason to do so.

Other players to consider

A few other players I think could be in the mix come Sunday:-

Anthony Kim - although he has had wrist surgery this season I think he could be in the frame. Likes the course and has the game that suits it, finishing 3rd last year. He is a 50/1 shot at the mo which is packed with value imo

Couples - Clearly still has the ability to mix it up with the world's top players and you would not be surprised to hear his name at the top of the board at the Masters. Winning is probably a step too far, currently 100/1, but a great e/w shout

Ricky Barnes - currently 199/1 on Unibet. He finished T10 last year with 4 steady strong rounds including a 68 on day 1 when most were shooting mid 70s. He has just finished 6th and T28 in the last 2 PGA events. Great odds for someone playing well with a good Augusta record.

On reflection, I see th American's dominating the leaderboard on Sunday with maybe 1 or 2 Europeans prominant.

My likely bets:

Phil, Watney, Barnes & Couples all e/w, maybe small on Donald too

Finbar
21-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Whenever there is a major am sure there will be plenty of interest in this thread

Hoping for a period of European domination in the majors now

Ricky Barnes is actually a good shout, HATE his cap though :veryangry

Finbar
21-03-2011, 10:32 AM
I wouldn't touch Kim at 200/1 though

richj363
21-03-2011, 01:29 PM
I think Westwood will be the one to be on,

Good record at Augusta and will win a major this year !

Swanny32
21-03-2011, 08:45 PM
I'm not Westwood's biggest fan if I'm honest and with the way he is playing right now I can't see him winning the Masters or winning a Major this year full stop, obviously he has the skill to do it but I think he's going to be one of those "almost made it" players, think Monty.

Martin Kaymer has so far been in the mix most tournaments this season, he's got to be in with a shout of the green jacket, playing some superb golf, completely different player to last year, oozing confidence and never seems to get pissed off with anything which can have a huge affect on your game. 17.0 on various sites and definitely worth a quid or two.

One of my personal favourites is Luke Donald, so chuffed that he won the Accenture match play (made better that I had some money on him), dubbed as a "plucky loser" and someone that just plods along collecting the pay checks and happy not winning, all that has changed and the guy seems to be on a mission at the moment. 30.0 on UniBet.......Yes please!

Agree with BB on Nick Watney, he has been playing some superb golf recently and if I'm honest I'd expect him to be at slightly shorter odds than 20.0 on BetFair. Place price is 4.5 on UniBet as well which seems pretty good to me, you won't get a huge return but it's a sensible bet at the moment.

One bet I'm really liking is Matt Kuchar each way, like Watney, he has been on fire over the last couple of months, current price on BetFair to be the outright winner is 46.0, to place is 9.0 at UniBet. He doesn't have a great record in the major tournaments, his highest placed finish in the Masters is 21st back in 98 but if you are looking at the form of players then he has to be listed as a contender.

The prices for a top 20 finish aren't up yet so I can't quote any prices but with his return to form and his apparent love for the game once more you have to like Sergio Garcia for a top 20 finish, possibly even a top 10 if the price is worth it, although if you ask me given his poor form only last season, top 10 might be asking too much, I can however definitely see him finishing top 20.

Each tournament that comes along at the moment, as soon as I see Tiger Woods listed in the field I'm really tempted to bet on him missing the cut. Ok, so he's slowly finding his feet again, hits a few spectacular shots here and there but at the end of the day he's a broken man and in my opinion will never get back to where he was a decade ago. He's got the ability to blow the rest of the field out of the water but Augusta National is one of the toughest, if not THE toughest golf course on the face of the planet, especially over The Masters weekend, he can just about get away with playing below par at regular courses throughout the season but if you play badly at Augusta you are punished, and punished heavily. I'm by no means saying he is going to miss the cut and this is absolutely no where near a safe bet, but I'm just saying that it's possible and the odds available might well be worth a quid.

Swanny32
21-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Oh and great shout on creating the thread BB, if there is one sport I love having a punt on it's the Golf.

Beckenham Boy
22-03-2011, 09:32 AM
This weeks golf bets:

Arnold Palmer Invitational

Bay Hill Golf Course = birdies!

Pick 1 - DUSTIN JOHNSON

Dustin hit only 4 bogies at Doral which was 1st in the field. He is currently 1st in Birdie averages on the Tour, he is 21st in putting and 13th in GIR

Taken 18/1 e/w on B365

Pick 2 - JUSTIN ROSE

Last year JR failed at Travellers leading after round 3 - he learnt his lesson and went on to win the AT&T the week after. Rose led last weeks Transitions after round 3 and posted an over par final round to drop down the leaderboard. He will have learnt again and sits 6th in GIR on Tour.

On him at 34/1 e/w at Unibet

Pick 3 - ZACH JOHNSON

In the 2 Florida events so far this year he has finished in the Top 25 both times hitting only 7 bogies over all 4 rounds at Copperhead. His record at Bay Hill is good with 3 Top 10's in 7 appearances including 3rd in 2009. Currently 5th on Tour in putting

On him at 50/1 e/w at Coral

Beckenham Boy
22-03-2011, 09:37 AM
ANDALUCIA OPEN

If F Molinari was playing I would have been all over him like a rash. Instead there are 2 clear favourites in the Spaniards of Alvaro and Miguel and I cannot split them

Pick 1 - ALVARO QUIROS

Not the best record at this particular course but has played well this season including a win and a few top end finishes. Expect him to feature right till the end.

On him at 13/1 e/w with Skybet

Pick 2 - MAJ

Jiminez is solid, he will love this event and he will def also be there at the end

On him at 14/1 e/w with B365

Pick 3 - SOREN KJELDSEN

Loves this course - won it in 2009 and was 3rd in 2010.

On him at 40/1 e/w at B365

Pick 4 - ANTHONY WALL

Lost on a Monday finish to Jacquelin in Sicily this week - I almost picked him last week. Playing solid and looking the part at the minute and dont think a victory is far away

On him at 50/1 e/w at PP

cantspell
22-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Quick Question for the Golf bet guys

Do you find this type of betting profitable?

Beckenham Boy
23-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Depends if the Tours go through a silly spell where the unknowns start picking up trophy's which happens at times. Last week's Transitions PGA event finished with 4 out of the top 5 I had never ever heard of before - let alone ever consider betting on! However in the European Tour Jacquelin just beat Wall on the final day, both of which I considered and left out at the last minute. I did not win on either at the end of the day.

Put it this way, you will not pick up cash every week but when you pick up winners the odds are usually good so your pick ups are nice.

I have had 30/1 pick ups on Tiger before where he was clearly going to win - I saw it as free money but then I have gone months where I have no pick ups at all.

I do it because I enjoy it - most of the time I will end a season about level so it is not something for the betting goldmine thread

Joeymaz
23-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Definitely gonna be on D Johnson at Bay Hill and MAJ in Spain.
Gonna have a look at some of the bigger prices for some smaller bets

Swanny32
25-03-2011, 07:38 AM
Dustin needs to play very well today to make the cut.

Beckenham Boy
25-03-2011, 08:44 AM
Not as well as GMac :eek:

Finbar
25-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Was going to post the exact same comment BB :p

Annoying, meant to back Poulter this morning, just remembered now so assumed I could as he probably hadn't started, he's only played 14 holes!! :grrr:

Backed him at 28.0 rather than the 60.0 or so he would have probably been overnight. Interesting that before the tournament he was tweeting about how well he was swinging, from the looks of it it was more than him just talking himself up (as usual). Still not sure if I like him (says what he thinks even if a lot of it is bollocks) or hate him (a lot of what he says is bollocks!)

Swanny32
28-03-2011, 01:41 PM
So who'd have thunk it, two Brits win on the PGA and European tours this weekend, it's times like this when I like to refer to them as Brits. Well done lads, as soon as you start playing crap you'll be Scots again.

Finbar
28-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Funny how I bet on golf, watch it a fair bit, buy the odd golf magazine, yet I still don't know what Martin Laird or Brian Davis look like

Great stuff though, good be a great year for Europe hopefully

Fat Andy
28-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Brian Davis is Dougie's brother in law.

Beckenham Boy
28-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Picked up on Rose - looked like he was in with a shout for the win when all around were losing their heads but no quite. Well done Martin and Paul

Finbar
28-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Brian Davis is Dougie's brother in law.

Blimey, good fact :p

Fat Andy
28-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Thanks! Brian is married to Ray Clemence's daughter...I went round to their house once and he had a picture of Dougie and him on his fridge! Instantly became my favourite golfer!

Finbar
28-03-2011, 02:40 PM
All sounds very incestuous!! Well he's stormed up my list of favourite golfers knowing that

Beckenham Boy
29-03-2011, 09:57 AM
Stan James just announced that if Tiger or Phil win The Masters then they will refund all other win bets - minimum betting requirement 5

Refund in form of a free bet to same value

Swanny32
29-03-2011, 11:50 AM
I can't help but think that's a safe offer for them to put out there, can't see either of them coming close with the way they have been playing recently.

Need to put some money in my betting account before it starts and make a few bets, still like Kaymer to win and Garcia for top 20 at least.

Finbar
29-03-2011, 11:53 AM
I would be surprised if they're not both there or thereabouts

Both of them gear everything towards the majors, it's a course you need to think your way around and they can both do that. Mickelson won it last year and missed loads of fareways and yet still won. If SJ are at or near best priced on my fancies then will certainly bet with them...mind you being SJ it's unlikely they will be

richj363
29-03-2011, 02:46 PM
I can't help but think that's a safe offer for them to put out there, can't see either of them coming close with the way they have been playing recently.

Need to put some money in my betting account before it starts and make a few bets, still like Kaymer to win and Garcia for top 20 at least.

Think Kaymer missed the cut there last year, horses for courses !!

Get on Westy

Swanny32
29-03-2011, 02:48 PM
I think it was the USPGA Championship when people really started sitting up and taking notice of Kaymer, he'll do better this year for sure. Westy, I want to love the guy but just can't do it, don't know why.

Beckenham Boy
30-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Shell Houston Open

Westwood - E/w @ 14s
JB Holmes - E/w @ 35s

Looking at my Masters bets now, having a small change of heart from my earlier post....

Finbar
30-03-2011, 10:16 AM
I think Mickelson has to be on the Masters short list, 12/1 a bit shorter than I hope though

Looking at good prices which may well shrink offering up either good value or laying off stake before the event starts for free bets

Fowler is a much bigger price than I expected, currently 65.0 on Betfair, have just put in a request at 70.0, can't believe he'll be that price when it starts,
especially if he has a good weekend before it.

Have also just backed Casey at 38.0, a price I can't see drifting but might well come in

Kuchar at 40.0, but I really really hate him so can't bring myself to back him, illogical I know!

Poulter showing signs of getting back to form, 80.0 seems generous

ozeagle
30-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Add a 0 to Poulter.

Beckenham Boy
30-03-2011, 10:19 AM
MASTERS
Westwood e/w @ 16s
Donald e/w @ 25s
Dustin Johnson e/w @ 25s
Rose e/w @ 34s
Couples win @ 125s
Couples Top 5 @ 23s
Zach Johnson win @ 125s
Zach Johnson Top 5 @ 23s
Barnes win @ 200s
Barnes Top 5 @ 35s

Beckenham Boy
04-04-2011, 07:50 AM
Well Phil is now very ominous for this week...

Finbar
04-04-2011, 08:13 AM
His driving still looks suspect but you have to say he'll be tough to beat

Looks like I'll be betting with SJ then :)

Surprisingly they're not top priced on any of the leading golfers (or any of the outsiders pretty much!!) but where they're close it's surely worth going with them. Assuming they don't withdraw the offer...

Joeymaz
04-04-2011, 08:26 AM
Had a good week. Was on Horsey @ 70/1, had Harrington top 10 finish and bet on Lefty after 5 holes at 9/4.
Looks like I have used up all my luck the week before the Masters!!!!

Beckenham Boy
04-04-2011, 08:27 AM
He is still 13/2 which is a great price - think I will place 20 on the nose today

Finbar
04-04-2011, 08:31 AM
Good work Joey :p

The only golfers anywhere near top priced with SJ (but none actually are) are Watney, Mahan and Kuchar, all of whom should go well I reckon

Also stakes are refunded as a free bet (probably with conditions) rather than a straight refund, might just leave it

If anyone hears of any other offers please put them up here

Beckenham Boy
04-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Good work Joey :p

The only golfers anywhere near top priced with SJ (but none actually are) are Watney, Mahan and Kuchar, all of whom should go well I reckon

Also stakes are refunded as a free bet (probably with conditions) rather than a straight refund, might just leave it

If anyone hears of any other offers please put them up here

Only other one's I have heard so far are not very good:

Victor Chandler - if your win selection loses but gets a hole in one during the tournament they pay out as a win (All golf comps not just Masters)

Boylesports - if your selection is beaten in a playoff they will refund your losing stake

Hopefully some of the other bookies will do something this week tho with the National not sure they will...

kayjay
04-04-2011, 09:59 AM
I think Ian Poulter is as good a chance as any Euro.
Jason Day may be in for a big one as there are only 6 Aussies in the field but none of the veterans have come close to conquering Augusta in the past.
Tim Clark can land a six iron on a 20c piece which is important as many of the greens are wide but not long.
Of the youngsters, Ishikawa's game is all round strong!
Will not entertain the thought of an American winner.

Beckenham Boy
04-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Will not entertain the thought of an American winner.

Olazabal in 1999 was the last Euro winner. Singh in 2000 (Fiji), Weir in 2003 (Canada), Immelman in 2008 (S.A.) and Cabrera in 2009 (Argentina) are the only non American winners in 11 years.

The other 7 years went to 3 x Phil, 3 x Tiger & Zach Johnson in 2007.

Odds are stacked to Phil doing it again

Al From Bromley
04-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Masters picks:

Kim, Poulter & Stricker - all at 50/1 Immelman at 80/1 Sabbatini at 100/1

Funk Butter
04-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Kuchar at 40.0, but I really really hate him so can't bring myself to back him, illogical I know!
You need to quit drinking that Hatorade. I would understand if you didn't want an American to win, but just one guy you don't like?

Finbar
04-04-2011, 08:25 PM
There is something about Kuchar I just can't stand, ok some things more like, the way he plays, speaks, walks, talks and acts are what spring to mind immediately. Probably a really nice guy though :)

richj363
04-04-2011, 08:30 PM
I think a good bet is Gary Woodland 1ST round leader

Now to find the price !!

Finbar
04-04-2011, 08:33 PM
150/1 :p

http://www.oddschecker.com/golf/us-masters/first-round-leader

Funk Butter
04-04-2011, 08:59 PM
150/1 :p

http://www.oddschecker.com/golf/us-masters/first-round-leader
"The odds are 100 to 1, Bacon, because it won't win"

Beckenham Boy
05-04-2011, 12:03 PM
Another offer just received - BETFRED

BetFred will refund any losing singles on the Outright Market if your player finishes 2nd to a past Master

They also said they are offering Super Enhanced odds (although they do not look that super enhanced to me...) http://www.betfred.com/Areas/betting/Template_2_UK/index.html#market-group=446642.2&action=market-group-list&bo-navigation=25.1,33596.2

Finbar
05-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Can't see that offer on their site, sounds a good one though especially if it's a refund and not a free bet

Got bored at home and backed a few longshots with Betfair.

I really think concentrating on those with the best short games is the best way forward

Wish I had backed Poulter at 80s now, he's come in (as with most things I blame Ozeagle entirely)

Swanny32
05-04-2011, 12:21 PM
As much as I like Poults I can't see him doing it, just doesn't seem to have the cutting edge in the Majors.

Finbar
05-04-2011, 12:24 PM
Guttted to have missed the value on Watney, think he'll go well but at sub 20/1 he's way too short, would be stunned if he doesn't trade significantly bigger than that in running

Beckenham Boy
05-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Thing is Watney has played 6 tournaments in 2011, he won 1, was top 10 in 4 and Top 25 in the other.

He is only going to trade higher if he gets off to a shocker then I'm not sure it is worthwhile

Beckenham Boy
05-04-2011, 12:28 PM
As much as I like Poults I can't see him doing it, just doesn't seem to have the cutting edge in the Majors.

He led Day 1 and Day 2 last year but then 2 rounds in the early 70's dropped him away. He likes the course.

Thing is him, GMac and Stenson played the course last week. Gmac came away with most of the cash, Poults did OK and in Poults own words Stenson had to rob an ATM on the way home. Says to me GMac has the game a bit more for Augusta this year.

Another strange thing is GMac's name has been said hardly at all so far. If he wins he will be No.1 in the world.

Finbar
05-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Certainly doesn't take a shocker to drift early, early bogey or even a bad drive can suffice

GodstoneEagle
05-04-2011, 12:54 PM
PEOPLE! Victor Chandler will donate all losing stakes bet on Ryo Ishikawa in Masters to Japan earthquake appeal.

Funk Butter
05-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Can't see that offer on their site, sounds a good one though especially if it's a refund and not a free bet

Got bored at home and backed a few longshots with Betfair.

I really think concentrating on those with the best short games is the best way forward

Wish I had backed Poulter at 80s now, he's come in (as with most things I blame Ozeagle entirely)
I think if you look at recent Masters history, putting doesn't matter. The key stat for the winner, I believe, is Greens in Regulation. Gonna have to check that again.

Finbar
05-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Putting doesn't matter :eek: :eek:

Surely you have to putt well to win the Masters, Woods, Lefty, Z Johnson, Weir, Immelmann are all superb putters

Funk Butter
05-04-2011, 01:51 PM
I think if you look at recent Masters history, putting doesn't matter. The key stat for the winner, I believe, is Greens in Regulation. Gonna have to check that again.
Since 2000, nine of the 11 winners have ranked fourth or better for that week in the greens in regulation statistic. Four have led the field, and only Angel Cabrera (14th) and Mike Weir (37th) have deviated from the norm. In case there's any question as to which is the more important stat, consider this: Of those 11 winners, only two ranked fourth or better in putting for the week.
Doesn't really help know who's gonna be hot at the weekend, but I guess it gives you a start.

Finbar
05-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Yeah would probably help to know the GIR stats of the past winners coming into the Masters, mind you given the quality of winner the masters usually throws up am guessing that would be good anyway

Swanny32
05-04-2011, 02:06 PM
The competition is so strong at the Masters you got to be on your game in all departments although I tend to think that players with a good short game will come out on top.

Funk Butter
05-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Putting doesn't matter :eek: :eek:
Obviously, I didn't mean that. :) Sorta had a bad choice of words.

Beckenham Boy
05-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Thu / Fri pairings announced, couple of goddun's: -

Byrd/Fisher/O'Hair
Lyle/Cejka/Chung
Kelly/Villegas/Overton
Crenshaw/Snedeker/Na
O'Meara/A Hansen/Slocum
DJ/Scott/Watney
Singh/Clark/Baddeley
Havret/Pettersen/R Palmer
Laird/Wilson/Van Pelt
McIlroy/Fowler/Day
Weir/Fujita/Goosen
Harrington/Ishikawa/Haas
Mize/Sabbitini/Yeong
Kaymer/Westwood/Kuchar
Mahan/Els/F Molinari
Woods/GMac/Allenby
Atwal/Garcia/Karlsson
Schwartzel/Appelby/Hoffman
Woosnam/Points/Crane
Stadler/Streelman/Smith
P Hanson/K Kim/Moore
Cabrera/Poulter/Toms
Immelman/Glove/Matsuyama
Z Johnson/Yang/Jiminez
Olazabal/Love III/L Kim
T Watson/Barnes/Bohn
Couples/Donald/Stricker
Kim/Stenson/Marino
B Watson/Casey/E Molinari
Cink/Furyk/Ikeda
Rose/Choi/Oosthuizen
Lefty/Ogilvy/Uihlein (A)
Vegas/Woodland/Quiros

Will have a look at 3-ball odds tomorrow

Beckenham Boy
05-04-2011, 04:02 PM
EXTRABET offer: Place a fixed-odds outright winner bet on the 2011 US Masters before the event tees off on Thursday 7 April 2011 and if Tiger Woods wins the tournament we'll refund your stake as a free bet.

herts_palace
05-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Good deal but I couldn't quite work it to produce a profit

Beckenham Boy
05-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Stan James is still a better offer as they are doing both Phil and Tiger. I dont consider Tiger to be a threat so dont think that extrabet is worth much. I do think Phil is going to win tho so SJ offer has legs

With warm weather in forecast, Mickelson plans to put two drivers in his bag this week and will go without a 3 iron or a hybrid

Beckenham Boy
05-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Thu / Fri pairings announced, couple of goddun's: -

Byrd/Fisher/O'Hair
Lyle/Cejka/Chung
Kelly/Villegas/Overton
Crenshaw/Snedeker/Na
O'Meara/A Hansen/Slocum
DJ/Scott/Watney
Singh/Clark/Baddeley
Havret/Pettersen/R Palmer
Laird/Wilson/Van Pelt
McIlroy/Fowler/Day
Weir/Fujita/Goosen
Harrington/Ishikawa/Haas
Mize/Sabbitini/Yeong
Kaymer/Westwood/Kuchar
Mahan/Els/F Molinari
Woods/GMac/Allenby
Atwal/Garcia/Karlsson
Schwartzel/Appelby/Hoffman
Woosnam/Points/Crane
Stadler/Streelman/Smith
P Hanson/K Kim/Moore
Cabrera/Poulter/Toms
Immelman/Glove/Matsuyama
Z Johnson/Yang/Jiminez
Olazabal/Love III/L Kim
T Watson/Barnes/Bohn
Couples/Donald/Stricker
Kim/Stenson/Marino
B Watson/Casey/E Molinari
Cink/Furyk/Ikeda
Rose/Choi/Oosthuizen
Lefty/Ogilvy/Uihlein (A)
Vegas/Woodland/Quiros

Will have a look at 3-ball odds tomorrow

Think I might look at Laird, Harrington, Zach, Rose and Baddeley in a 3-ball acc. Will give it a bit more interest in the morning

GodstoneEagle
05-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Westy G-Mac McIlroy Kaymer are my 4 bets. My Gold p/l on Betfair is +0.67 so I'm obviously not one that knows a great deal.

herts_palace
05-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Stan James is still a better offer as they are doing both Phil and Tiger. I dont consider Tiger to be a threat so dont think that extrabet is worth much. I do think Phil is going to win tho so SJ offer has legs

With warm weather in forecast, Mickelson plans to put two drivers in his bag this week and will go without a 3 iron or a hybrid

Thanks BB

nealcpfc
05-04-2011, 05:13 PM
Baddley 50/1

F Molinari 80/1

Mahan 28/1

My three bets

Swanny32
05-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Some great pairings lined up there, like the ones you have highlighted BB but also liking the look of Els/Mahan/Molinari too, Rose/Choi/Oosthuizen has the potential to be a good group as well, wouldn't like to call a winner in either of those two.

StuNick
05-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Where to start, love golf and love betting on it, great thread just not sure how I have missed it for the past two weeks.

Masters bets so far

1st round leader
Each Way on Kim (60's) and on the nose on Watney (25's)
Both capable of shooting a great score and Watney out early so should have the best of the greens.

1st round three balls
Like Kuchar to beat Westwood and Kaymer at 3.25, Kaymer hasn't played well at Augusta and hits the ball left to right which doesn't suit the course (as does GMac). Westwood having putting issues at the minute, he changed his putter for the Shell Houston Open last week and hardly holed anything, really hope he sorts it out but not confident of his first round score.

Mahan to beat Els and F Molinari at 2.3 Mahan is playing well and doesn't have to worry about pressure on a Thursday, Molinari and Els both not that confident with the putter at present.

Poults to beat Toms and Cabrera at 2.5 Just playing better than the others.

Kim to beat Marino and Stenson at 2.38, I am playing better than Stenson at the minute and although Marino is playing well I think this is his first visit to Augusta so think Kim is the right choice.

Also like the value in Ikeda beating Cink and Furyk, neither of the americans are playing well and 5.5 seems a large price

Outright
Lefty has to be favourite and anyone who can't see this is blind but I am not sure 7.5 is value in a top quality field
Westwoods putting worries me, I'd love him to win so wont back him as I'd be happy either way.
Kaymer unproven at Augusta and hits the wrong shape.
So my picks are all decent prices so doing them on SJ in case Lefty does win or Paddy Power who are giving 6 places.
Donald @ 29 Short game genius and similar to Z Johnson when he won.
Kuchar @ 34 just playing such good golf
Poulter @ 51 got the game and attitude to win
Crane @ 126 great putter and started showing signs of good form recently
Barnes @ 201 played well here last year to get a top 10 finish and decent showings recently
Watney and Mahan also have to be considered as they both have good Augusta records in the last three years.

Other bets
I really like Jimenez to be top continental european at 17 with SJ
Each way top three places at 1/4 odds

Think that should have covered about everyone :)
I did miss someone but don't think he will roar this year

GodstoneEagle
05-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Where to start, love golf and love betting on it, great thread just not sure how I have missed it for the past two weeks.

Masters bets so far

1st round leader
Each Way on Kim (60's) and on the nose on Watney (25's)
Both capable of shooting a great score and Watney out early so should have the best of the greens.

1st round three balls
Like Kuchar to beat Westwood and Kaymer at 3.25, Kaymer hasn't played well at Augusta and hits the ball left to right which doesn't suit the course (as does GMac). Westwood having putting issues at the minute, he changed his putter for the Shell Houston Open last week and hardly holed anything, really hope he sorts it out but not confident of his first round score.

Mahan to beat Els and F Molinari at 2.3 Mahan is playing well and doesn't have to worry about pressure on a Thursday, Molinari and Els both not that confident with the putter at present.

Poults to beat Toms and Cabrera at 2.5 Just playing better than the others.

Kim to beat Marino and Stenson at 2.38, I am playing better than Stenson at the minute and although Marino is playing well I think this is his first visit to Augusta so think Kim is the right choice.

Also like the value in Ikeda beating Cink and Furyk, neither of the americans are playing well and 5.5 seems a large price

Outright
Lefty has to be favourite and anyone who can't see this is blind but I am not sure 7.5 is value in a top quality field
Westwoods putting worries me, I'd love him to win so wont back him as I'd be happy either way.
Kaymer unproven at Augusta and hits the wrong shape.
So my picks are all decent prices so doing them on SJ in case Lefty does win or Paddy Power who are giving 6 places.
Donald @ 29 Short game genius and similar to Z Johnson when he won.
Kuchar @ 34 just playing such good golf
Poulter @ 51 got the game and attitude to win
Crane @ 126 great putter and started showing signs of good form recently
Barnes @ 201 played well here last year to get a top 10 finish and decent showings recently
Watney and Mahan also have to be considered as they both have good Augusta records in the last three years.

Other bets
I really like Jimenez to be top continental european at 17 with SJ
Each way top three places at 1/4 odds

Think that should have covered about everyone :)
I did miss someone but don't think he will roar this year
sounds like you're a decent player as well as punter

StuNick
05-04-2011, 07:50 PM
ok maybe a slight exageration :o

Herr Colonpharter
05-04-2011, 07:52 PM
First draft short list for E/W betting. Need to get this down to 3 :hmph:

A Hansen
Watney
Kuchar
Mahan
Schwartzel
Allenby
D Johnson
Haas
Clark
Kim

Finbar
06-04-2011, 09:07 AM
Not sure where all the love is coming from for Kim, ok he had a good round at the weekend but his form has been shocking since he came back from injury. Just don't see it myself

I do think Donald and Kuchar tick most of the boxes, only one person ticks all of them but am not sure there is any value left in Mickelson.

Have already gone for some small bets on big outsiders, Ricky Barnes is someone who could well go well at a big price that hadn't occurred to me though

Will finalise my outright bets later on today and post them up here so people know who to avoid :)

Finbar
06-04-2011, 09:11 AM
Mickelson 8/1 with Hills, tempting...

StuNick
06-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Kims last event was the Shell Huston Open where he finished T13 on -10 with rounds of 72 64 69 73 = 278
Just 10 behind lefty though ;)

Beckenham Boy
06-04-2011, 09:16 AM
Couple of cheeky Accumulators placed on 1st round 3-balls

Bet 1
Laird
Harrington
Baddeley
Sabbatini
Rose

Pays 33.67/1

Bet 2
Kelly
Na
A Hansen
R Palmer
Appelby
Streelman
Moore
Barnes

Pays 507.5/1

Beckenham Boy
06-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Not sure where all the love is coming from for Kim, ok he had a good round at the weekend but his form has been shocking since he came back from injury. Just don't see it myself

He likes Augusta though - he has played The Masters twice and finished T20 in 2009 and 3rd in 2010. The course suits his game. He is over his injury now and shot well at Houston.

I dont think he is going to feature this year personally but I can certainly see why others will consider him

Joeymaz
06-04-2011, 09:25 AM
I will be putting lots of cash down tonight on random mythical 3 balls, top nationalities etc but the ones that jump out at me at the moment after a quick check are;

Top Debutant - Laird 5/1
Top 20 Place - Barnes 4/1, Weir 10/1
Top 10 Place - Barnes 11/1, Weir 18/1

Skybet are also doing a 'winner without Woods, Lefty, Westwood, Watney' offer - Donald 11/1, Mahan 16/1, Kuchar 20/1, McDowell 25/1

Beckenham Boy
06-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Hmmm Gmac & Kuchar at those odds without those players are interesting

Finbar
06-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Hmm, just checked my Betfair and have more players than I thought, though the triple figure players are just a few quid here and there (except for Schwarzel who is a tenner)

Luke Donald 32
Rory McIlroy 34
Paul Casey 38
Graeme McDowell 55
Rickie Fowler 75
Alvaro Quiros 160
Charl Schwartzel 140
Bill Haas 150
Brandt Snedeker 200
Edoardo Molinari 220
Ricky Barnes 250

Only players left that I'm tempted to back are Mahan, Rose, Kuchar and Lefty, pretty much half the field covered :clown:

If I do get Lefty at 8/1 then at least I'll only be laying off at very short odds on Betfair rather than over trading like I normally do as I'll have backed him in an actual bookies not with Betfair

kayjay
06-04-2011, 10:23 AM
I think if you take a good look at the putting stats over the years, Masters Winners will drop about a dozen 15-20 footers over the 4 days.
Matters greatly!

kayjay
06-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Mickelson 8/1 with Hills, tempting...
Very hard to pull off a running double in golf, unless you're Tiger.
I too find it hard to like Kuchar.

Finbar
06-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Mickelson back to 13/2 with Hills, will leave him alone then, might back him in running if he drifts early

gjohnk
06-04-2011, 01:38 PM
I know very little about golf but having read this thread I have put a few quid on MacDowell and Barnes. Will be hoping these start off well and will look to lay off after 2/3 rounds.

(this post may not have added anything to this thread but is here in case either of these two win and I can then claim bragging rights!)

Finbar
06-04-2011, 01:45 PM
Right, had a few bets on the 1st round 3 balls

Cejka to beat Lyle and David Chung
Snedeker to beat Crenshaw and Na
double at 5/2
Out early and will hopefully get me off to a good start

Steve Marino to beat Anthony Kim / Henrik Stenson (discount Henrik and I still don't rate Kim!!)
Justin Rose to beat KJ Choi / Louis Oosthuizen
double at 11/2

Barnes to beat Tom Watson and Bohn
Donald to beat Stricker and Couples
Greedily added in Cejka to win his early morning one, if he doesn't then will reload on the double
treble at 15/2

Swanny32
06-04-2011, 01:49 PM
I like the first and third one's Fin but the second one, Marino to beat Kim and Rose to be Choi......can't you just give me your money instead of the bookies?

Finbar
06-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Too late, Mr BlueSq is currently holding my money.

Kim won't do anything
Rose will be there or there abouts after day 1 :)

GodstoneEagle
06-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Trends

Swanny32
06-04-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm not a big fan of Rose full stop, same with Westy, I want to like them because they are English but there is something about them that I just don't like, similar to people who don't like Poults.

Kim was rampant last year and came very close, he'll be looking to continue where he left off so I'd not fancy betting against him. Choi also played very well last year but I do have somewhat of a rose tinted view on Choi as I think the bloke is a fantastic golfer and back him whenever possible.

StuNick
06-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Agree with Swanny, sorry Finbar :o

Swanny32
06-04-2011, 02:10 PM
We really should have gotten some kind of tipping competition going for this weekend

Swanny32
06-04-2011, 02:16 PM
My tips for the 3 balls tomorrow:

Sabbatini to beat Mize and Jeong
Tiger to beat McDowell and Allenby
Schwartzel to beat Appleby and Hoffman
Mickelson to beat Ogilvy and Uhilein

Of all the pairings, those are the 4 I'm really confident in.

Funk Butter
06-04-2011, 02:16 PM
1. No amateur has ever won the Masters.
2. Masters rookies won the first two Masters in 1934 and 1935, but only once since (Fuzzy Zoeller in 1979).
3. The past 11 Masters winners were all under 40; the last 40-plus winner was 41-year-old Mark O'Meara in 1998.
4. There's been only one first-time PGA Tour winner at the Masters since 1948: Bernhard Langer in 1985.
5. The past 12 Masters winners all made the cut at the previous year's Masters.
6. Nine of the past 11 Masters winners had a top-50 finish at the last year's PGA Championship.
7. Six of the past seven and 15 of the past 19 Masters winners had a previous Masters top-10 finish.
8. Six of the past 10 Masters winners had a PGA Tour victory earlier that season.

If you apply all those conditions to eliminate players, you are left with one. Nick Watney.

Swanny32
06-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Well that's settled that then, lump everything you own on Watney. This is probably the reason why his odd's have dropped so dramatically over the last week or two.

Finbar
06-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Agree with Swanny, sorry Finbar :o

It's ok you're just being difficult, nothing new there :)

Kim will do nothing this weekend, n o t h i n g :p

Finbar
06-04-2011, 02:20 PM
We really should have gotten some kind of tipping competition going for this weekend

I would be up for that but life is far too hectic right now to organise it, probably a bit late now I guess

Swanny32
06-04-2011, 02:23 PM
I would be up for that but life is far too hectic right now to organise it, probably a bit late now I guess
I did mention something on the monthly masters a week ago but no one said anything so I guessed it was a no.

Swanny32
06-04-2011, 02:25 PM
I just put Watney on an e/w bet in both Masters competitions.....I'd kick myself if I didn't.

Swanny32
06-04-2011, 02:25 PM
It's ok you're just being difficult, nothing new there :)

Kim will do nothing this weekend, n o t h i n g :p
Now you have said that you better go and put a couple of quid on him.....

Swanny32
06-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Just spotted the odds for the Open, Donald can be had at 34, Mickelson can be had at 41.

Beckenham Boy
06-04-2011, 02:30 PM
1. No amateur has ever won the Masters.
2. Masters rookies won the first two Masters in 1934 and 1935, but only once since (Fuzzy Zoeller in 1979).
3. The past 11 Masters winners were all under 40; the last 40-plus winner was 41-year-old Mark O'Meara in 1998.
4. There's been only one first-time PGA Tour winner at the Masters since 1948: Bernhard Langer in 1985.
5. The past 12 Masters winners all made the cut at the previous year's Masters.
6. Nine of the past 11 Masters winners had a top-50 finish at the last year's PGA Championship.
7. Six of the past seven and 15 of the past 19 Masters winners had a previous Masters top-10 finish.
8. Six of the past 10 Masters winners had a PGA Tour victory earlier that season.

If you apply all those conditions to eliminate players, you are left with one. Nick Watney.

Well Phil Mickelson is 40, apart from that he ticks all the boxes

Finbar
06-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Just spotted the odds for the Open, Donald can be had at 34, Mickelson can be had at 41.

41????? That is mental. Even if he has a shocker this week and bearing in mind he doesn't have a good record in The Open he'll be best priced 25/1 at the very very outside. If he has a good weekend and follows it up with a good show the US Open he'll probably be nearer 12s or single figures.

I'm tempted to go mental on this, just so I can lay off if necessary. Main worry is that it's Bwin who might try and claim it's a wrong price though he is 33s in several other places. I assume it's only Bwin offering that price (they also can be stingy about letting decent bet sizes though I'll probably just try for 25)

Out tonight but if the price is still there when I get home I'm going to back it, cheers for the heads up :p (one of the few sites I can't deposit funds into from work as our servers are based overseas)

richj363
06-04-2011, 02:40 PM
i have done Watney / westwood and Donald and a sneaky bet on tiger just cos i cant believe the price

richj363
06-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Any of you boys going to the open, me and my lad are going sat and sun

richj363
06-04-2011, 02:44 PM
Just played my first tournament of the year, was +6 for first five holes then played the next 13 holes in two under to shoot 75 +4

Oh well need to hit more balls

Finbar
06-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Still pretty handy Rich given your start, what's your handicap and where do you play?

Funk Butter
06-04-2011, 02:54 PM
How about 5 bets that everybody does and 10 bets each person picks.

1. Winner
2. 1st Round Leader
3. 2nd Round Leader
4. 3rd Round Leader
5. Top Englishman

Funk Butter
06-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Well Phil Mickelson is 40, apart from that he ticks all the boxes
The ones that were eliminated from #8: Zach Johnson, Anthony Kim, Hunter Mahan, Adam Scott, Tiger Woods.

foxinthebox
06-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Phil has an awful Open record. 1 top 10 and several missed cuts. It doesnt seem conducive to his kind of golf. Probably the major he wont win

On Hunter Mahan at 33/1 for the Masters. Based on his temperant, 5 top 10s in 9 starts (made cut in all), and T8 and T10 last 2 years at the masters.

hes got a major in him and ill keep backing him!

richj363
06-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Still pretty handy Rich given your start, what's your handicap and where do you play?

I'm the pro at Shrivenham Park so not that good a day really lol

Finbar
06-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Agree with all of that foxinthebox, however I like the thought of having Mickelson at 40/1 a hell of a lot, he won't be anywhere near that come July.

Even 33/1 appeals to be honest

Finbar
06-04-2011, 03:07 PM

Making StuNick not even the best golfer in the betting masters :lux:

StuNick
06-04-2011, 03:08 PM

I drove past that the other day to play the par three course at great Coxwell on a stag do!!

StuNick
06-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Making StuNick not even the best golfer in the betting masters :lux:

I thought you would like that!!

However I did shoot five under a couple of weeks back.

foxinthebox
06-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Agree with all of that foxinthebox, however I like the thought of having Mickelson at 40/1 a hell of a lot, he won't be anywhere near that come July.

Even 33/1 appeals to be honest

v true. if he wins a tournament or two and no-one else dominates he'll likely be favourite going into or there abouts.

its certainly a back to lay opportunity

didnt play when i went to turnberry because of his wifes illness. he's one of the players i really want to see play live some day

richj363
06-04-2011, 03:25 PM
I drove past that the other day to play the par three course at great Coxwell on a stag do!!

you should of come to Shrivenham, could of done you a deal

got a 4 man am/am comp in Sept, 17 pounds a man

Funk Butter
06-04-2011, 03:26 PM
I thought you would like that!!

I broke 100 once. Just once though.

Funk Butter
06-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Well that's settled that then, lump everything you own on Watney. This is probably the reason why his odd's have dropped so dramatically over the last week or two.
More bad betting advice from me so soon after Dubai. My karma gauge is running in the negative.

Finbar
06-04-2011, 03:43 PM
v true. if he wins a tournament or two and no-one else dominates he'll likely be favourite going into or there abouts.

its certainly a back to lay opportunity

didnt play when i went to turnberry because of his wifes illness. he's one of the players i really want to see play live some day

I just think holding a 40/1 ticket with Mickelson's name on it for any tournament is good news, let alone a major which you know he'll prepare for

Finbar
06-04-2011, 03:44 PM

Bet you got a lucky break at least 4 times during that round :)

StuNick
06-04-2011, 03:47 PM
At least :) but then you have to take advantage of them :p

adrenalin john
06-04-2011, 03:52 PM
left field bet:

Oosterhuizen is back and fully fit. He's got the game and doesn't get nervous. Very long odds considering he won the major before last.

Kim is also finally fit again and at an attractive price

Finbar
06-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Kim is also finally fit again and at an attractive price

:veryangry

Al From Bromley
06-04-2011, 05:13 PM
Well, I'm 'on' my picks Kim, Poulter & Stricker - all at 50/1 Immelman at 80/1 Sabbatini at 100/1. Adds a bit of interest to proceedings. Poults is fired up for this one and started 68, 68 last year, so clearly likes the course. Kim is just running into a bit of form and likes the course too, same goes for Stricker. Sabbatini has been thereabouts in a recent Masters and Immelman has won it and is also back from injury and made a show in his last tournament. Philwould be tempting if I had large amounts to spare. 200 e/w would still bring in 550 just for a place and I can't see him finishing outside the top 5.

Swanny32
06-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Masters tipping competition, be quick:

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=217489

Finbar
06-04-2011, 10:18 PM
50 on Lefty for the British Open at 40/1 on, no each way possible though but that's ok :)

Finbar
06-04-2011, 10:35 PM
50 on Lefty for the British Open at 40/1 on, no each way possible though but that's ok :)

Now into 33s :)

StuNick
07-04-2011, 06:11 AM
Nice one :p

Beckenham Boy
07-04-2011, 08:06 AM
Luke Donald won the Wednesday Par 3 tournament at Augusta - he is in form!

Finbar
07-04-2011, 08:09 AM
Doesn't that mean you can't win the main thing or was that hoodoo broken?

Was going to top up my bet on him but he's come in from 32.0 to 24.0 :grrr:

Beckenham Boy
07-04-2011, 08:10 AM
It's a novelty thing, you get parents to caddy etc. People take it too seriously to see form for the actual event. I'm sure it just give Luke a bit more confidance, especially playing the par 3's

Finbar
07-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Yep well aware of it but there used to be a belief that if you won the par3 comp you couldn't win the main event. One year one golfer leading at the last even put his shot in the water after his caddy told him to, he didn't go on to win the main event though!!

Beckenham Boy
07-04-2011, 08:20 AM
Yep well aware of it but there used to be a belief that if you won the par3 comp you couldn't win the main event. One year one golfer leading at the last even put his shot in the water after his caddy told him to, he didn't go on to win the main event though!!

Yeah I know about that. Many golfers are very superstitous though so does not surprise me.

Finbar
07-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Goosen eagles the first!!

Finbar
07-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Right, had a few bets on the 1st round 3 balls

Cejka to beat Lyle and David Chung
Snedeker to beat Crenshaw and Na
double at 5/2
Out early and will hopefully get me off to a good start

Cejka claws back 2 in the last 2 holes to get a tie making that about an evens winner, I'll take that!!

Finbar
07-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Assuming Snedekar doesn't blow a 3 shot lead on Na! ^^^^^

Bigtoe82
07-04-2011, 05:49 PM
Quick question to the laying/trading masters on the BBS.....

I was thinking, is this a perfect oppurtunity to lay kuchar now after his good start? I'm not too sure as it is very tough to pick one winner, which obviously the odds reflect so if I was to lay, I'd be minimising potential profit but also minimising risk...

I backed him at 38.0 for 5 on Betfair and now has drifted into 16.5....

I've been experimenting a bit but normally only doing it so it works out that I have a risk free bet however it appears better to lock in a profit.

Help ?!

StuNick
07-04-2011, 07:14 PM
sounds like you're a decent player as well as punter
Seems maybe it wasn't an exaggeration! Stenson is 8 over after 6 holes!

milky87
07-04-2011, 07:43 PM
Have had some each way punts for a bit of interest, all 1 e/w

C Villegas @ 125/1
L Oosthuizen @ 100/1
MA Jimanez @ 100/1
R Allenby @ 125/1
I Poulter @ 50/1

Al From Bromley
08-04-2011, 09:39 AM
Masters tipping competition, be quick:

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=217489

Pity I missed this. I do the PGA Tour's Fantasy league every week and have done for a few years now.

Swanny32
08-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Pity I missed this. I do the PGA Tour's Fantasy league every week and have done for a few years now.
Maybe we could set up a BBS fantasy league?

Finbar
08-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Right first bet of todays 3 ball is a trixie

D.Love / J-M.Olazabal / L.Kim
I.Poulter / D.Toms / A.Cabrera
C.Schwartzel / S.Appleby / C.Hoffman

Very impressed with Schwartzel yesterday, have a feeling Poults will bounce back after he was a bit hard done by yesterday, think Jose Maria will find a 2nd day on these hills very hard going, Love seemed solid enough

How great is Alvaro Quiros?! Just comes across as such a top bloke

Beckenham Boy
08-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Annoyed with BBC coverage - NOTHING!

Ended up watching it on myp2p stream.

LOVING IT THOUGH!!! Nothing like The Masters!

Was thinking about getting on Rory now for The Open - 16/1 ouch think I may wait until he has a bad round at The Masters which is bound to come soon then check again - want at least 25s

Beckenham Boy
08-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Ricky Barnes - his cap is bloody annoying but well played my man - keep it up!

Finbar
08-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Was out last night so have watched about 4hrs of golf this morning. My 3 ball bet last night about to be settled, Ogilvy (2/1) / Quiros (6/4) double, Quiros will win but Ogilvy has 3 feet for a par, Lefty about 8 feet and they're level as they lie, decent return even if Mickelson holes, which he doesn't!!

Come on Geoff... He holes :lux:

Beckenham Boy
08-04-2011, 10:38 AM
McIlroy (5/4), Fowler (2) & Day (10/3)

Got to be worth backing Fowler to win that group after a steady round yesterday - McIlroy - cannot see him doing it again. Can see close to even par or just over for Rory today with just under for Fowler

Finbar
08-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Ricky Barnes - his cap is bloody annoying but well played my man - keep it up!

I HATE that cap, and his cheesy american smile

Beckenham Boy
08-04-2011, 10:44 AM
RICKIE FOWLER @ 2/1
3 Ball - Round 2
2nd Rnd 3 Ball - McIlroy/Fowler/Day US Masters 2011

IAN POULTER @ 6/4
3 Ball - Round 2
2nd Rnd 3 Ball - Cabrera/Poulter/Toms US Masters 2011

RORY SABBATINI @ 4/7
3 Ball - Round 2
2nd Rnd 3 Ball - Mize/Sabbatini/Jeong US Masters 2011

ANDERS HANSEN @ 11/10
3 Ball - Round 2
2nd Rnd 3 Ball - O'Meara/Hansen/Slocum US Masters 2011

Multiple Type: 4 fold
Stake(s): 3.00
Possible Return: 74.23

Finbar
08-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Hmm, just checked my Betfair and have more players than I thought, though the triple figure players are just a few quid here and there (except for Schwarzel who is a tenner)

Luke Donald 32 Level
Rory McIlroy 34 -7
Paul Casey 38 -2
Graeme McDowell 55 +2
Rickie Fowler 75 -2
Alvaro Quiros 160 -7
Charl Schwartzel 140 -3
Bill Haas 150 +2
Brandt Snedeker 200 -3
Edoardo Molinari 220 +2
Ricky Barnes 250 -4

Only players left that I'm tempted to back are Mahan, Rose, Kuchar and Lefty, pretty much half the field covered :clown:

Quite pleased with my picks so far, only regret is not having backed that lumbering buffoon Kuchar

Finbar
08-04-2011, 10:50 AM
McIlroy (5/4), Fowler (2) & Day (10/3)

Got to be worth backing Fowler to win that group after a steady round yesterday - McIlroy - cannot see him doing it again. Can see close to even par or just over for Rory today with just under for Fowler

Know what you mean about Rory, R1 leaders don't ever seem to have a great 2nd round (have no evidence to back that up though but it's the impression I have) but I certainly wouldn't want to back against him in this kind of form

Swanny32
08-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Poults had a good 1st and 2nd round last year, back to back 67's from memory. Rors has the ability to blow the field out of the water this week but you're right, generally the early leaders don't stick around, I'd not want to bet against him today though. The problem he might face today though is being last out he'll have to putt on beaten up greens that won't be as true as they will be for the early groups, day 2 pins are usually pretty tricky so he might struggle on the greens today. I'd expect him to win that group but wouldn't bet on it as Fowler is a quality player and has the potential to match Rors.

Finbar
08-04-2011, 11:09 AM
I think the best bet of the 3 balls could well be Luke Donald, pin positions are going to be a lot harder today which should suit him, Stricker not having a great year and Couples showed signs that his back is still dodgy, really expect Luke to make a move today.

7/5 with Extrabet, 11/8 generally

Beckenham Boy
08-04-2011, 11:10 AM
Poults had a good 1st and 2nd round last year, back to back 67's from memory. Rors has the ability to blow the field out of the water this week but you're right, generally the early leaders don't stick around, I'd not want to bet against him today though. The problem he might face today though is being last out he'll have to putt on beaten up greens that won't be as true as they will be for the early groups, day 2 pins are usually pretty tricky so he might struggle on the greens today. I'd expect him to win that group but wouldn't bet on it as Fowler is a quality player and has the potential to match Rors.

He is not out last (although he is out quite late in the day), that only kicks in on Day 3 when leaders go last

7:45 AM RSA Charl Schwartzel USA Charley Hoffman AUS Stuart Appleby
7:56 AM USA D.A. Points USA Ben Crane WAL Ian Woosnam
8:07 AM USA Nathan Smith (a) USA Kevin Streelman USA Craig Stadler
8:18 AM KOR Kyung-tae Kim USA Ryan Moore SWE Peter Hanson
8:29 AM ARG Angel Cabrera USA David Toms ENG Ian Poulter
8:40 AM RSA Trevor Immelman JPN Hideki Matsuyama (a) USA Lucas Glover
8:51 AM KOR Y.E. Yang ESP Miguel A. Jimenez USA Zach Johnson
9:02 AM ESP Jose Maria Olazabal USA Davis Love III USA Lion Kim
9:13 AM USA Ricky Barnes USA Jason Bohn USA Tom Watson
9:24 AM USA Fred Couples ENG Luke Donald USA Steve Stricker
9:35 AM USA Anthony Kim USA Steve Marino SWE Henrik Stenson
9:57 AM ENG Paul Casey USA Bubba Watson ITA Edoardo Molinari
10:08 AM USA Stewart Cink USA Jim Furyk JPN Yuta Ikeda
10:19 AM KOR K.J. Choi ENG Justin Rose RSA Louis Oosthuizen
10:30 AM AUS Geoff Ogilvy USA Phil Mickelson USA Peter Uihlein (a)
10:41 AM ESP Alvaro Quiros USA Gary Woodland VEN Jhonattan Vegas
10:52 AM ENG Ross Fisher USA Sean O'Hair USA Jonathan Byrd
11:03 AM GER Alex Cejka USA David Chung (a) SCO Sandy Lyle
11:14 AM COL Camilo Villegas USA Jeff Overton USA Jerry Kelly
11:25 AM USA Brandt Snedeker USA Kevin Na USA Ben Crenshaw
11:36 AM DEN Anders Hansen USA Heath Slocum USA Mark O'Meara
11:47 AM AUS Adam Scott USA Nick Watney USA Dustin Johnson
12:09 PM RSA Tim Clark AUS Aaron Baddeley FJI Vijay Singh
12:20 PM FRA Gregory Havret USA Ryan Palmer SWE Carl Pettersson
12:31 PM USA Bo Van Pelt SCO Martin Laird USA Mark Wilson
12:42 PM NIR Rory McIlroy USA Rickie Fowler AUS Jason Day
12:53 PM JPN Hiroyuki Fujita RSA Retief Goosen CAN Mike Weir
1:04 PM JPN Ryo Ishikawa USA Bill Haas IRL Padraig Harrington
1:15 PM KOR Jin Jeong (a) USA Larry Mize RSA Rory Sabbatini
1:26 PM USA Matt Kuchar ENG Lee Westwood GER Martin Kaymer
1:37 PM RSA Ernie Els USA Hunter Mahan ITA Francesco Molinari
1:48 PM USA Tiger Woods NIR Graeme McDowell AUS Robert Allenby
1:59 PM ESP Sergio Garcia SWE Robert Karlsson IND Arjun Atwal

Swanny32
08-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Agreed, done well to get himself back on track yesterday, playing well at the moment, one of the best short games around.

Beckenham Boy
08-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Cmon Barnes! Share of the lead

Herr Colonpharter
10-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Well if Rory chokes I have Schwartzel @ 100/1 :lux:

Finbar
10-04-2011, 10:57 PM

Charl Schwartzel 140

Nice, laid off a lot of it as was sure he wasn't going to win but still 800 :)

HerrColon, we are both mustard :p

Poor Rory though, hope it doesn't affect him too badly :(

Herr Colonpharter
10-04-2011, 11:06 PM
Nice, laid off a lot of it as was sure he wasn't going to win but still 800 :)

HerrColon, we are both mustard :p

Poor Rory though, hope it doesn't affect him too badly :(

:p

Despite the windfall, like the rest of us I do feel for Rory. But he's young enough and has talent in abundance to nail a major sooner rather than later.

Finbar
10-04-2011, 11:07 PM
Japanese golfers are good people

Finbar
10-04-2011, 11:08 PM
:p

Despite the windfall, like the rest of us I do feel for Rory. But he's young enough and has talent in abundance to nail a major sooner rather than later.

Yep, seemed to have come to terms with it already

Charl seems like a decent sort too

Now have a good warchest for the really important April sporting event, the snooker :lux:

Beckenham Boy
11-04-2011, 07:54 AM
Well done you two!

Beckenham Boy
11-04-2011, 08:35 AM
Valero Open this week in Texas

Adam Scott won it last year - tempting now after this week at The Masters to back him to retain. Being the champion gives you a little bit more in your game I'm sure.

No odds up yet

Ryan Palmer must be a fancy too - finished T9 last year in Texas and in The Masters he had no rounds over par finishing 10th at -6.

Beckenham Boy
12-04-2011, 11:21 AM
Valero Texas Open

Adam Scott - e/w @ 12s - B365

Ryan Palmer - e/w @ 33s - PP

Freddie Jacobsen - e/w @ 40s - B365

Swanny32
18-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Just having a look through the odds for the Open at Royal St Georges, some players you might want to jump on now, these aren't my tips, just players with odds that you'll struggle to get the closer we get to the tournament........

Luke Donald 29.0 @ BlueSq and 888 - Playing some great golf at the moment, top 5 finish at Augusta, best short game on the tour and growing in confidence.

Phil Mickelson 34.0 @ Bet365, Victor Chandler, Paddy Power and Stan James - Alerted everyone to him priced at 40 during the Masters, dropped a bit since but still good at 34.0

Charl Schwartzel 45.0 @ UniBet - Won the Masters, one of the best putters on tour, got to be worth a couple of quid

Ross Fisher 67.0 @ BlueSq and 888

Alvaro Quiros 81.0 @ totesport, Betfred and Stan James

Rickie Fowler 81.0 @ Victor Chandler and Stan James

Louis Oosthuizen 101.0 @ Bet365 - Some places have him priced as low as 51.0

KJ Choi 101.0 @ BoyleSports, Betfred, BlueSq and 888 - Mr consistent, always does well and is usually there or there abouts, I'm tipping him for an e/w bet at this price.

Beckenham Boy
18-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Geoff Ogilvy at 51 on most sites at the moment is enormous too in my opinion

Beckenham Boy
20-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Heritage

Brian Davis e/w @ 125/1 (Coral)

China Open

Danny Willett e/w @ 40/1 (PP)

Beckenham Boy
03-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Had a few weeks off due to holidays

This week:

Open de Espana - Raphael Jacquelin

Wells Fargo - Dustin Johnson & Martin Laird

Swanny32
04-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Open de Espana - Really can't see past Quiros this weekend, most places offering him at 12/1, outright favourite followed by Manassero and Jimenez, I'd imagine the later of the two will be good for a place finish, always very consistent.

Tip: Quiros - 13.0, Jimenez e/w 15.0

Wells Fargo - Harder one to call considering the strength of the field, a course that suits the long hitters, so the likes of Dustin Johnson, Bubba Watson and Rory McIlroy should go well here. Jim Furyk won back in 2006 and has not been out of the top 11 the last 3 times, he played some good golf last week so look for him to be a contender this week at a course he obviously likes.

Tips: Bubba Watson e/w - 29.0, Dustin Johnson e/w - 24.0, Furyk to place - 7.5 or e/w 29.0, McIlroy e/w - 15.0

Swanny32
04-05-2011, 12:13 PM
Don't know if any companies offer it but if you can find it then stick a couple of quid on McIlroy/Watson/Furyk being the lowest scoring group thursday/friday and combined. I'm only using Odds Checker though and they don't list it as an option so not even sure if it's possible anywhere.

Great group though and should make for some exciting golf over the next couple of days.

richj363
04-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Manassero @ 12/1 is my choice

Beckenham Boy
07-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Golf latest: Ballasteros six under.

Swanny32
09-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Golf latest: Ballasteros six under.
Too soon

Swanny32
09-05-2011, 01:45 PM
The Players Championship at Sawgrass this week! :lux: :lux:

Made interesting by it's rock hard finish at 17 and 18 means some exciting golf ahead this weekend. Can't wait! Americans generally, for some reason, don't tend to win all that often at Sawgrass so look for a winner from somewhere else in the world.

My tips this week.

Luke Donald - 19.0 (Bwin) - One of the best short games on tour and playing brilliant golf at the moment. Consistently hits fairways and greens in regulation which is vital at Sawgrass.

Ben Crane - 46.0 e/w (Totesport) - Always seems to pop up and fair well around Sawgrass, obviously enjoys the course and great value for an each way bet, not finished outside of the top 6 in the last 3 years.

Sergio Garcia - 67.0 e/w (Bet365) - Openly admits to loving this course and says it brings the best out of his game, runner up to Mickelson in 07, and winner via a play off in 08. Seems to be a new man this season and about time he had a win on tour.

Other choices:
Easy ones to go for are Tiger Woods (15.0 @ Bet365) and Phil Mickelson (17.0 @ Bet365) which offer pretty good value but shows how good the rest of the field is at the moment on tour. Webb Simpson has produced some pretty consistent golf over the last month or two and is priced at a very tempting 81.0 (Bet365) or 8.0 for a top 10 finish (ToteSport) which I like a lot.

Beckenham Boy
09-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Too soon

Love the man but it did make me chuckle. Sorry if anyone else thought it was inappropriate

Beckenham Boy
09-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Players - not had a chance to look much but got to fancy Glover to some extent after the win at Wells Fargo as he was 3rd at Sawgrass last year

Swanny32
09-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Players - not had a chance to look much but got to fancy Glover to some extent after the win at Wells Fargo as he was 3rd at Sawgrass last year
I'll tip him when he shaves! Scruffy git.

Swanny32
09-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Also just noticed William Hill offering last years winner Tim Clark at 12.0 for a top 10 finish.

Beckenham Boy
11-05-2011, 08:49 AM
TPC Sawgrass

Lucas Glover - won last week on a similar tight course and was 3rd at TPC last year - e/w @ 80/1

Rory Sabbatini - Won on tour this year, 3rd last week and was OK in TPC 2010 - e/w @ 80/1

Jonathan Byrd - Pretty consistently at the top this year, won on Tour, 2nd last week - question mark over the course - e/w @ 80/1

Bill Haas - Did not play TPC last year and hasd not won this year on Tour but been there or there abouts many times and comes off 4th at Wells Fargo - e/w @ 66/1

Stewart Cink - Missed the cut last year and has not won on Tour this year but signs his game is coming back into form with some good finishes in last few weeks culminating in best finish of year at Wells Fargo - certainly got the game for Sawgrass - e/w @ 100/1

Iberdrola Open

Paul Lawrie - Last 2 events finished winner and 5th, in fine form - e/w @ 25/1

Chris Wood - Starting to play better again, 24th last week and finished T5 here last season - e/w @ 25/1

Swanny32
11-05-2011, 10:29 AM
We really should keep a count of who is "the best tipster"

Beckenham Boy
11-05-2011, 10:30 AM
It wont be me...

Swanny32
11-05-2011, 10:43 AM
If I get a chance later I'll tally up although I'm pretty sure both of us are on 0.

Lord_Muffin
11-05-2011, 10:43 AM
I might have a few quid on Stephen Ames at 125/1 ew. I've been watching some or the previous years TPC and he has been close and also had a some top tens.

Joeymaz
11-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Donald, Garcia and Crane for me I think

Not looked at the Euro Tour yet

Swanny32
11-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Donald, Garcia and Crane for me I think

Not looked at the Euro Tour yet
Did you get those tips from me?

Joeymaz
11-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Did you get those tips from me?

Haha:D

Have backed Donald and Sergio the last 3 events they have played and got Crane off the PGA website. Just read your post and Webb Simpson is an interesting shout

Swanny32
11-05-2011, 11:23 AM
BB, the thread is all over the place with different conversations, makes it quite difficult to scan read and pick out the tips....it would also appear that I have tipped nowhere near the amount you have, I suggest from this week on, we keep a tally.

From what I can make out you had a winner with Justin Rose e/w in the Arnold Palmer invitational, a winner with Luke Donald e/w in the Masters and then Jacobson in the Valero Texas open e/w. Although you have had 3 "winners" in 27 tips, not including group winners etc.

As for me, I had a few group winners in the Masters but can only seem to find tips from the Open de Espana and Wells Fargo of which i'm 0/6.

Lots of other people have thrown out some tips here and there but it's too difficult to track, so I reckon we start from now and keep a tally of it on the first post?

Beckenham Boy
11-05-2011, 11:25 AM
Yeah OK, start from TPC and Majorca tourney's this week

How we going to do it if peeps dont post up odds though?

Swanny32
11-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Alright, I have put my Sawgrass tips in the mix, I'll look at Majorca now although my knowledge of the European Tour is minimal in comparison to the PGA

Joeymaz
11-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Cool.
Will get my Euro Tour ones posted this afternoon

Swanny32
11-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Probably best everyone keeps tally of their own tips otherwise someone is going to get very confused

Swanny32
11-05-2011, 11:38 AM
TPC Sawgrass - as mentioned previously
Luke Donald - 19.0
Ben Crane - 46.0 e/w
Sergio Garcia - 67.0 e/w
Webb Simpson - Top 10 finish - 8.0

Ibredola Open
Paul Lawrie - 26.0 e/w
Pablo Larrazabal - 23.0 e/w
Alenjandro Canizares - 31.0 e/w

My knowledge of the European Tour isn't great, but Larrazabal had a strong finish last week and after the tragic news of Seve's passing away last week, the Spaniards are going to be uber motivated. Paul Lawrie is in fine form so is very hard to discount at 25/1

Joeymaz
12-05-2011, 07:47 AM
TPC Sawgrass
Luke Donald - 15/1 e/w
Ben Crane - 28/1 e/w
Sergio Garcia - 50/1 e/w

Ibredola Open
Pablo Larrazabal - 16/1
Juan Manuel Lara - 20/1

Beckenham Boy
12-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Ibredola Open

My knowledge of the European Tour isn't great,

Ouch...

Finbar
12-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Not as ouch as Tiger, +5 after 5 :eek:
http://www.pgatour.com/players/00/87/93/scorecards/2011/r011.html

ozeagle
12-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Tiger AIDS

Beckenham Boy
12-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Stuck it in the water twice on the 4th hole!

Beckenham Boy
12-05-2011, 02:18 PM
I might have a few quid on Stephen Ames at 125/1 ew. I've been watching some or the previous years TPC and he has been close and also had a some top tens.

Ames is +6 after 5 so I hope you forgot to place this! :rolleyes:

Beckenham Boy
12-05-2011, 02:36 PM
TIGER has withdrawn!

LLCOOLSTEVE
12-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Forgot to put up Brian Davis as my tip this week :(

Beckenham Boy
13-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Chris Wood going well in Majorca!

Beckenham Boy
16-05-2011, 08:52 AM
TPC Sawgrass

Lucas Glover - won last week on a similar tight course and was 3rd at TPC last year - e/w @ 80/1

Rory Sabbatini - Won on tour this year, 3rd last week and was OK in TPC 2010 - e/w @ 80/1

Jonathan Byrd - Pretty consistently at the top this year, won on Tour, 2nd last week - question mark over the course - e/w @ 80/1

Bill Haas - Did not play TPC last year and hasd not won this year on Tour but been there or there abouts many times and comes off 4th at Wells Fargo - e/w @ 66/1

Stewart Cink - Missed the cut last year and has not won on Tour this year but signs his game is coming back into form with some good finishes in last few weeks culminating in best finish of year at Wells Fargo - certainly got the game for Sawgrass - e/w @ 100/1

Iberdrola Open

Paul Lawrie - Last 2 events finished winner and 5th, in fine form - e/w @ 25/1

Chris Wood - Starting to play better again, 24th last week and finished T5 here last season - e/w @ 25/1

TPC all losers - everyone apart from Haas were in with a shout until the weather affected 3rd day and it blew a few of mine away. Cink finished best at T19 - he is getting his game back and will be good prices for some up and coming events so worth watching if he moves in the market pre event

Iberdrola - Chris Wood basically lead all 4 days until overhauled by Clarkey on the final day (I dont mind that though as seeing Clarke win again makes me V Happy!). Wood finished 3rd and Paul Lawrie finished T5 so both payout

PGA 0/5
EUR 2/2

Beckenham Boy
16-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Thursday and Friday pairings for the Volvo World Matchplay in Finca Cortesin in Spain have been announced - some great matches!

http://www.europeantour.com/mm/document/tournament/tournaments/13/67/47/136747_pdf.pdf

Will do some match and overall betting

Swanny32
16-05-2011, 02:38 PM
TPC Sawgrass - as mentioned previously
Luke Donald - 19.0
Ben Crane - 46.0 e/w
Sergio Garcia - 67.0 e/w
Webb Simpson - Top 10 finish - 8.0

Ibredola Open
Paul Lawrie - 26.0 e/w
Pablo Larrazabal - 23.0 e/w

TPC ones were crap although would have had a winner on Luke if I'd gone e/w with him. Sergio did well in the final round shooting 8 under but had way to much ground to make up after the first 3 days. God knows where Crane and Simpson finished.

As for the European Tour, Lawrie placed which would have given a nice little return at odds of 6.5 the other two failed though.

Matchplay this week! Yay! :lux:

PGA - 0/4
Euro - 1/3

Swanny32
17-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Matchplay this week in the European PGA, head to head golf, and definitely going to get some great action this weekend.

Volvo World Matchplay
Luke Donald - 8.0 (SkyBet) - My favourite player on tour at the moment and a fantastic matchplay player. Dominant in the Ryder Cup last year, winner of the Accenture Matchplay a few months ago and still in great form at the moment. Understandably the favourite and deserved. For me this is as close as you get to a sure bet in golf.....that's not to say he's definitely going to win it but he's that good at matchplay you can't not put money on him.

Graeme McDowell - 17.0 (BetFred) - Went well at Sawgrass last weekend but 30 holes in one day was a little too much for him meaning he tailed off on Sunday afternoon. His new swing is starting to take shape, he's getting his confidence back and is a fantastic matchplay player.

Crowne Plaza Invitational
Jason Day e/w - 19.0 (Bet365) - Form player in the field at the moment, tied 6th last week at Sawgrass, had a good finish at the Colonial back in 09 finishing 4th so he likes the course and since then he has only got a lot better in every department.

Hunter Mahan e/w - 23.0 (SkyBet) - 6 top 10's this year and tied for 6th last week at Sawgrass. Playing good golf at the moment and has the class to win comfortably in this shortened field without the HUGE names in golf. Doesn't have a great record at the Colonial but first in birdie average at the moment.

Sergio Garcia - Top 10 Finish - 4.5 (totesport) - Just get on it at that price. Playing superb golf at the moment, coming off the back of a 8 under final round at Sawgrass, his confidence has returned and 4.5 is a great price for a top 10 finish.

Finbar
17-05-2011, 10:54 PM
Nice on Swanny, what is the format of the matchplay? Seems odd that their first 3 matches are already set...

Swanny32
17-05-2011, 11:04 PM
8 groups of 4, round Robin, top two from each group advance to knock outs.

Finbar
17-05-2011, 11:24 PM
Just had a look and it's actually 8 groups of 3, winner only to go through

Donald has a pig of a draw though, Fisher and Moore both tricky opponents when you look at other draws

Kaymer has Yang and Noh, two players who rarely play in Europe, Kaymer just split with his caddie as well, 9/2 to make the final appeals to me

Swanny32
17-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Fisher won it last time so Luke will have his work cut out, but Fisher really hasn't been all the prominent of late and Moore should be a fairly easy win for Donald.

Are you sure it's groups of 3, could have sworn it was 4.

Finbar
17-05-2011, 11:36 PM
You also have to like the chances of McDowell being drawn with Oosthouizen and Vegas, neither of whom are doing much right now, 4.3 with Betfair to reach the semis, 8.8 to reach the final and 18.5 to win it

Definitely groups of 3, here is the betting for Kaymer's group, makes sense as well, 8 left for Saturday, 2 rounds that day to leave the final for Sunday

http://www.oddschecker.com/golf/world-match-play-championship/volvo-world-match-play-championship/arnold-palmer-group

Swanny32
17-05-2011, 11:49 PM
Yeah, my bad, just checked it. 3 it is.

Still like Luke, the group isn't that hard, nowhere near as hard as Poulters group anyway.

McDowell is a good bet for all three, he's got a fairly easy group and is playing some good golf. I really do fancy him to win it this week, been a while since we saw GMac win something.

Beckenham Boy
18-05-2011, 09:25 AM
CROWNE PLAZA

The winner at Colonial usually has a score around -20 therefore birdie averages, total birdies and average scoring stats are interesting.

1. Brian Gay - Gay sits T11 in Total birdies (187 in 48 rounds), 6th in Scoring average (69.90) and has not missed a cut since Feb. PGA says his game is set up perfect for Colonial and I tend to agree. 40/1 is a monster price at B365

2. Hunter Mahan - T8 in total birdies, 1st in Birdie average (4.62 per round) and 11th in Scoring Average (70.12). 22/1 at Victor Chandler, who have the offer of a hole in 1 during tourney pays out as a winner still running

3. Stewart Cink - I have backed him the last 2 tournaments as I see him improving each tournament. It wont be long before he is back at the top of the leaderboard. 40/1 for the win is OK but I prefer 7/2 Top 10 finish

Beckenham Boy
18-05-2011, 09:37 AM
VOLVO MATCHPLAY

Looking at how the Groups progress into the knockout round, I dislike groups A, B, H and G as some big names are going to be facing each other early and I find it difficult to predict. I prefer the look of groups C, D, E & F

Paul Casey Should get through the Kjeldsen and Quiros group as winner and likely to face Kaymer (I think Yang has the beating of Kaymer) who is struggling with his focus on the game at present. Likely to face GMac in the semi but Casey has more success than GMac in this format although Gmac has the better game. I like Casey overall at 18/1 on Betfred and 7/1 to reach the final on extrabet

Yang to reach the final on Extrabet at 22/1 is huge as well. He will have to beat a few big names - he beat Quiros, Cink and Gmac before finally losing to Kuchar 2&1 in the Acenture matchplay ealrier this year.

Beckenham Boy
18-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Couple of offers on the Matchplay from SJ

http://betting.stanjames.com/Promotions/Sports-Betting/Top-Golf-Offers-May

The 2011 Volvo World Match Play 19th - 22nd May

This week is the World Match Play being held at the Finca Cortesin Golf Club in Spain.

* Place a single match bet on the Volvo World Match Play for the first two days competition, and if your player finishes all square after 18 holes, we will refund all losing singles on the match as a free bet.
* Place a single match bet on the Volvo World Match Play for the last two days competition, and if that match is decided by an extra hole or holes, we will refund all losing singles on the match as a free bet.

Terms and Conditions

1. All refunds will be in the form of a free bet.
2. The offer applies to singles only.
3. Minimum qualifying stake is 5 and maximum is 100.
4. We reserve the right to withdraw any offer at any time.
5. Standard StanJames.com terms and conditions apply.
6. The offer does not apply to In-Play markets.

Swanny32
19-05-2011, 03:18 PM
1st round is over.....

Molinari and Poulter - Halved
Jimenez beat Schwartzel 6&5
Quiros beat Casey 3&1
McIlroy beat Goosen 1up
McDowell beat Oosthuizen 3&1
Donald beat Moore 4&3
Westwood beat Hansen 6&5

Kaymer still out on the course and is 2up thru 16 against YE Yang.

Finbar
20-05-2011, 12:04 AM
Blimey, that was a good start, winning single, treble and 4 fold!

Looks like it's two out of the 3 who qualify, few things to note.

Firstly the below format means it's surely almost guaranteed to have a couple of 3 way play offs (where A beats B, B beats C and C beats A)

Also it's group winner vs group runner up in the last 16 which seems an odd way of doing it, good for those in the weak groups though

Anyway, happy with my GMac at 18.5 and Kaymer at 11.5 bets

FORMAT
If, after all matches have been played, two or more players are tied on points the following criteria will be used to determine the order:

i) Where two players are tied within a group (in any position within the group) then their specific head to head match result will be used to identify which player is placed higher

ii) If two or more players are still tied then those players will compete in a hole-by-hole play-off.

iii) If all three players win one match in their respective group then all three players shall play-off.

Finbar
20-05-2011, 12:10 AM
Got to like the look of this double tomorrow

Gmac to beat Vegas 8/13
Kaymer to beat N'Oh 8/13

2.62 with Betfred (best priced on both with Oddschecker)

1. Both won yesterday
2. Both get a break in the morning
3. Both opponents have to play a tough match beforehand at 7am on a long undulating course (Vegas in particular doesn't strike me as the fittest)
4. You would fancy them to win even without the above 3

Finbar
20-05-2011, 12:15 AM
Have done the double and also added in McIllroy at 4/7 for the same reasoning

Mind you now I think of it it's maybe not so good if Vegas or N'oh win in the morning as it makes the afternoon match pretty pointless (they play each other regardless of who wins). That's assuming my understanding of the format is correct

Maybe should have waited, oops!

Finbar
20-05-2011, 12:25 AM
Mind you Vegas is in shocking form at the moment, the 1.92 on Oosthuizen might be quite good, no idea how well anyone played yesterday...one of the downsides of being in Australia!

The other downside is talking to yourself on betting forums :D

Swanny32
20-05-2011, 07:12 AM
Lol, glad you entertained yourself for a while Fin.

Finbar
20-05-2011, 07:19 AM
Am used to it (see the Snooker Betting thread!!)

Bets today are Yang doubled up with Oosthuizen then the above double and treble.

Didn't do the big single on Oosthuizen (2 up after 3) which I wish i had done but glad (at the moment) I have him in the Betting comps :D

If Yang and Oost do win this morning I'll be on 6 out of 6 so no chance on my treble this afteroon!!

If Vegas does get spanked by Oost then surely GMac will do a job on him this afternoon, mind you when things look too good I usually end up Goldmining them and they usually end up losing so I'll shut up now

Swanny32
20-05-2011, 07:26 AM
GMac will be out to win anyway, a lot of Matchplay is confidence and form, GMac has the first and is slowly finding the later. I like your bets that you have today, IMO you'll turn a nice profit today.

StuNick
20-05-2011, 07:29 AM
Mind you Vegas is in shocking form at the moment, the 1.92 on Oosthuizen might be quite good, no idea how well anyone played yesterday...one of the downsides of being in Australia!

The other downside is talking to yourself on betting forums :D

Quality post mate :p

I should have put these up last night as I did work them out for my own bets

Poluts and Molinari both -3
Schwartzel was +3 Jimenez was -3
Casey +3 Quiros +1
Mcilroy -5 the Goose -4
Gmac -2 Oosthuizen +2
Kaymer +1 Yang +3
Donald -3 Moore +1
Westwood -4 Hansen +2

Obviously some of the matches didn't play 18 holes so Westwood and Jimenez could have further improved their score but the above is why I have backed the Goose to win today (along with Poults, Badds and a cheeky one on Kjeldsen as he is the kind of player that will keep it in play where as with Quiros you never know what he will do)

Finbar
20-05-2011, 07:57 AM
Cheers Stu, should have known you would have done your homework!!

Vegas now one down, Yang lost two to also go one down, oh well still early doors.

Not so good on my Kaymer bet, +1 for his round...

Swanny32
20-05-2011, 08:00 AM
I'm still backing Donald and GMac to the hilt. Got a feeling one of them is going to win.

Joeymaz
20-05-2011, 08:03 AM
Haven't bet on the Matchplay aprt from a couple of accumulators but for the Crown Plaza Event I have gone for Jason Day 18/1 and Stewart Cink 35/1

Swanny32
20-05-2011, 08:39 AM
You should just give your money to me, Day didn't play well yesterday.

Beckenham Boy
20-05-2011, 09:17 AM
Having a go at predicting the afternoon matches in May betting masters for a laugh

F Molinari v Lawrie - Molinari @ 8/11
Schwartzel v Edfors - Edfors @ 13/8
Casey v Kjeldsen - Casey @ 5/6
McIlroy v Colsaerts - McIlroy @ 8/13
McDowell v Vegas - GMac @ 8/15
Kaymer v Noh - Kaymer @ 4/7
Donald v Fisher - Donald @ 4/7
Westwood v Baddeley - Lee @ 1/2

Going OK in the PGA with Gay and Cink both at -6 and Mahan at -3 - all in contention which is a nice start - fingers crossed they continue

Swanny32
20-05-2011, 09:22 AM
I'd have the same as you but Schwartzel instead of Edfors, Schwartzel knows it's a must win so I wouldn't expect a repeat of yesterdays poor showing.

Beckenham Boy
20-05-2011, 09:22 AM
I'd have the same as you but Schwartzel instead of Edfors, Schwartzel knows it's a must win so I wouldn't expect a repeat of yesterdays poor showing.

Yeah Schwartzel is fav for that match, just think Edfors will do him. All the rest are the fav's

Joeymaz
20-05-2011, 09:37 AM
You should just give your money to me, Day didn't play well yesterday.

14 out of 18 GIR just couldnt putt

Beckenham Boy
20-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Morning match results

Poulter and Lawrie - Halve
Edfors beats Jiminez 2&1
Quiros beats Kjeldsen 5&4
Colsaerts beats Goosen by 1 hole - Goosen goes home
Noh beats Yang 2&1 - Yang goes home
Vegas beats Oosthuizen by 1 hole - Oosthuizen goes home

In the other 2 still playing

Moore leads Fisher by 1 hole playing the 17th
Baddeley leads Hansen by 1 hole playing the 16th

Finbar
20-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Balls, that's annoying!! Oosthuizen leads the whole way till the last few and ends up losing!

Beckenham Boy
20-05-2011, 10:42 AM
McIlroy, Colsaerts, Vegas and GMac are all now through to the next round regardless of the results of their 2nd matches

Swanny32
20-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Go GMac!

Beckenham Boy
20-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Early Afternoon rounds scores

Lawrie leads Molinari by 1 after 3
Edfors leads Schwartzel by 1 after 2
Kjeldsen leads Casey by 2 after 2
Colsaerts leads McIlroy by 1 after 1

All shocks at the moment but early doors

StuNick
20-05-2011, 01:06 PM
For those interested the scores of the players this morning who are still in the comp were

Poults -4
Lawrie -3
Jimenez +2
Edfors Level
Quiros -3
Kjeldsen +3
Colsaerts Level
Vegas -1
Noh -4
Fisher Level
Baddeley -4

Beckenham Boy
20-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Looks like it is going to be Westwood v Poulter and Gmac v Rory tomorrow :lux:

Beckenham Boy
20-05-2011, 02:36 PM
Jimenez can only manage a bogey in the first hole of the 3 way playoff Vs Edfors & Schwartzel who both make par, hard on the Spaniard!

Beckenham Boy
20-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Knockout stage is therefore: -

NOH v QUIROS
KAYMER v KJELDSEN

FISHER v SCHWARTZEL
DONALD v EDFORS

VEGAS v COLSAERTS
McDOWELL v McILROY

BADDELEY v MOLINARI
WESTWOOD v POULTER

Winner will play the winner of group next (i.e. could be Quiros v Kaymer) and so forth (i.e. could be Kaymer v Donald in the semi final)

StuNick
20-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Cheers BB, I will have a study of these on the train on the way home and inform you all who will win the thing :D

StuNick
20-05-2011, 08:29 PM
After 2 matches each the players score is now shown against their names

-3 NOH v QUIROS -2
-2 KAYMER v KJELDSEN -2

Level FISHER v SCHWARTZEL -3
-7 DONALD v EDFORS Level

-6 VEGAS v COLSAERTS -3
-6 McDOWELL v McILROY -5

-6 BADDELEY v MOLINARI -7
-11 WESTWOOD v POULTER -7

StuNick
20-05-2011, 08:37 PM
So after my indepth analysis I have no clue who will win.

My picks are
Noh for value at 2.6
Kaymer being just the better player at 1.57
Fisher v Schwartzel leave alone
Donald to beat Edfors but a bit skinny at 1.44
Vegas to beat Colsaerts - 2.38
Gmac to beat Rory - 2.38
Badds v Francesco leave alone
Westwood to beat Poults - 1.62

If I am right then the next round would be

Noh v Kaymer - Kaymer to win
Fisher v Donald - Donald to win
Vegas v GMac - Gmac
Westwood v Molinari - Westy to win

Semis
Kaymer v Donald - Donald to win again
Westwood v Gmac - Westwood

Westwood to beat Donald in the final

Easy :p

Finbar
20-05-2011, 09:52 PM
Good work Stu, woke to find my 30 double and 20 treble had won, nice! My post on top playing 2nd in the group was bollocks then, not the worst Volvo Matchplay post though, that belongs to BB :)

Finbar
20-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Actually my treble lost, arse

Finbar
20-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Kaymer surely the value now, as good a draw as you could hope to the semis. Physical fitness might come into it (sorry Lee and Jonny)

StuNick
20-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Donald is the clear form player in the top half imo

Beckenham Boy
20-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Donald or Westwood to win - will play each other in final

StuNick
20-05-2011, 10:34 PM
I hope you are right but Poults is not an easy match for Westwood tomorrow morning

eagles #1
21-05-2011, 12:49 AM
Won 80 off a fiver today. Had Donald, McDowell, Kaymer and Westwood to win their groups :p

Finbar
21-05-2011, 05:16 AM
Singles on Poults and N'oh, double on Poults and Schwarzel and an treble with Kaymer added in. Now need to see what the best price on a Donald Kaymer double is