PDA

View Full Version : Snooker betting

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Finbar
21-03-2011, 01:03 PM
2011 World Championships starts next month, draw done today.

Robertson vs Trump is a great match to get us started, that one will start 10am on the first day as Robbo is defending champ.

Ronnie will have to play every day from middle Saturday onwards to win, some might think that suits him but personally I think it would mean he is bound to throw in a bad session at some point, normally what ends up costing him the title.

Ding looks to be the stand out bet to me, in the best 1/4 and 1/2 bearing in mind Selby is not playing at his best and Robbo is beatable. Betfred still 10/1 about him which I've taken but I don't see that lasting too long.

I think Higgins will be the one to beat, he's been rock solid since coming back, but drawing Lee in round 1 (along with Day the worst draw possible) and being in the same half as Ronnie and Williams has certainly made life tough for him.

The odds
http://www.oddschecker.com/other-sports/snooker/world-championship/world-snooker-championship/winner

The draw

Neil Robertson (1) v Judd Trump
Marco Fu (16) v Martin Gould
Graeme Dott (9) v Mark King
Ali Carter (8) v Dave Harold

Ding Junhui (5) v Jamie Burnett
Peter Ebdon (12) v Stuart Bingham
Stephen Hendry (13) v Joe Perry
Mark Selby (4) v Jimmy Robertson

Mark Williams (3) v Ryan Day
Jamie Cope (14) v Andrew Pagett
Mark Allen (11) v Matthew Stevens
Stephen Maguire (6) v Barry Hawkins

Shaun Murphy (7) v Marcus Campbell
Ronnie O’Sullivan (10) v Dom Dale
Ricky Walden (15) v Rory McLeod
John Higgins (2) v Stephen Lee

I literally cannot wait :lux: :lux: :lux:

Finbar
12-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Will post up my tips later this week, don't actually agree with any of those bets. Much better blog is here, great analysis of each first round game, far better advice than the one on Betfair, well I think so anyway.

Particularly good (appears in the comments I think) for odds on bettors is the 1/3 on the final finishing before midnight. It starts an hour earlier and they're playing an extra frame this year before the final session, is as close to a certainty as you can get, I don't touch 1/3 shots though.

http://www.snookerbacker.com/2011/04/10/betfred-world-championship-preview-cool-cat-williams-can-balance-the-books/

There is also a free to enter prediction competition, I won the one before last and got £50 worth of free bets put in my Betfred account. This being the worlds the first prize is £100, then £50 then £25 I think

http://betting.betfair/betting/snooker/world-snooker-championship-betting/world-snooker-tips-side-bets-for-the-sheffield-showpiece-120411.html

thoughts fin?

Also, you should check out Ed Hawkins' blogs on betfair. Cricket betting and trading, the guy is genuinely a genius. His stats for the Ashes and WC were brilliant and he's now doing the IPL. Virtually daily column.

I discovered him amongst other experts through twitter who are really excellent to follow.

Finbar
12-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Sorry this is the 1st round preview the bloke has done, excellent analysis
http://www.snookerbacker.com/2011/04/07/my-big-fat-round-one-betfred-world-snooker-championship-match-preview/

His outright pick is Williams, prefer Ding myself though I also got Trump at 50/1 during the Welsh Open final where he won, he was awesome and the match vs Robertson could be a classic, 1st match on at 10am on Saturday :lux:

Finbar
13-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Right first bets of the first round are taking on Ronnie, word is that he withdrew last week before making a U turn after the weekend. He is not playing well, his mind is all over the shop and the chances of him putting in a decent peformance are minimal.

He plays Dominic Dale in the first round, solid player who has lost all 7 matches against Ronnie, though a totally different beast to the one he'll face on Monday.

Dale to beat Ronnie, 1pt at 4/1 with B365 (and others)
Dale +4.5 to beat Ronnie, 2pts at 10/11 wiith Corals

First to win 10 frames

It still wouldn't suprise me if Ronnie withdrew, which would void the bets

Flat Noodle
13-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Centrebet offering market on this! Will be watching your posts closely :p

Finbar
13-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Hopefully turn a nice profit, normally do ok, I picked Robbo last year.

I think the main thing is that the difference between the best players and the journeymen pros is smaller than ever, when taking on short priced favourites or short priced doubles you need to be very careful and i think there will be a lot of value in backing outsiders (even doing it blindly on every match will probably show a profit)

Civic
13-04-2011, 01:50 PM
Have picked Dott and Edbon as winners in times past, at great odds. Finbar, good tip for Ding. Can't wait!

Beckenham Boy
13-04-2011, 01:54 PM
How's Carter been playing? Always like him for a World's bet

Finbar
13-04-2011, 02:00 PM
I think you could do a lot worse than back Dott this year, loves the venue, loves the longer length frames and was runner up last year.

Is in the other half to Williams and Higgins and has a reasonably decent first round (about all you can ask really!)

Only downside is that last year he ran out of steam in the final, it really wouldn't have taken much to have beating Robertson as they both were very flat in the final.

28/1 and I'm pretty sure I'll be having something on him by the time Saturday comes

Ali Carter has been pretty inconsistent this year, just had his first son, signs in China that he was getting better before he got a right booting from Selby. Should win his 1st round but at that kind of price (25/1) I would sooner be on Dott

You can read his pre WC thoughts here (and it is 100% definitely him)
http://www.snookerbacker.com/2011/04/13/this-is-your-captain-speaking-the-captains-log/

daz_eagle
13-04-2011, 02:23 PM
I like Ryan Day over Williams if he's odds-against.

Edit: 2/1 on bet265.. that's not bad imo.

Finbar
13-04-2011, 02:31 PM
9/4 in several places and just the kind of match you'll see Williams shorten significantly in pre match so you might get 5/2 or bigger on the day on Betfair.

Certainly think that's a big price given Day seems to be finding form and consistency, however Williams is arguably playing the best snooker at the moment and definitely the most consistent this season. Might be wise to look at the handicap

In his last first to 5 match Williams hit 4 centuries and a half century when losing 5-4, incredible

Another form player (at a big price) is Steven Lee (the player who beat Williams in that match), he has a horrific 1st round draw against Higgins but I've had a few quid at 120.0 on Betfair as he really is playing well

Probable shot of the season though I do think he may have been trying to move the red, it's still a thing of great beauty (unlike Lee!!)

It's the shot from the blue to his last red

AoVFkmY59d8

Beckenham Boy
13-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Gone for a Lucky 15 on handicap market

1 Judd Trump +2.5 @ 4/5
2 Ryan Day +2.5 @ 10/11
3 Dominic Dale +4.5 @ 4/5
4 Dave Harold +3.5 @ 5/6

Bigtoe82
13-04-2011, 02:40 PM
I don't think I can back such a disgusting creature!

Finbar
13-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Poor Stephen, when he walked out in the China Open they all pointed and laughed at him, political correctness not quite reached their shores yet :)

Finbar
13-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Gone for a Lucky 15 on handicap market

1 Judd Trump +2.5 @ 4/5
2 Ryan Day +2.5 @ 10/11
3 Dominic Dale +4.5 @ 4/5
4 Dave Harold +3.5 @ 5/6

Harold is someone I love to oppose but normally come unstuck, will be opposing him on the handicap again I expect!

Trump is a good bet, was on fire in China, fearless and scored very very heavily, Robbo will need to play well from the off and Trump is very hard to peg back when in front. I might wait and see how he starts and get involved at shorter prices if he does take the lead

webbo1990
13-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Some very interesting stuff here, Finbar. I'll be watching the tournament and this thread very closely. :p

Finbar
13-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Well I'm off to Australia on the middle Sunday but generally the best bets are normally in the first two rounds anyway, will hopefully still be posting once there though clearly I'll struggle to watch it live :(

daz_eagle
13-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Good advice Finbar. Great shot from Lee. I thought he might lose some weight one year... seems like he's just getting bigger!!

GodstoneEagle
13-04-2011, 11:55 PM
This seems like a very lazy preview
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/snooker/13041426.stm

Finbar
14-04-2011, 05:45 PM
This seems like a very lazy preview
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/snooker/13041426.stm

Extraordinarily uninsightful :p

jobiinthelastmi
14-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Steven Lee won't be winning the world championship :clown:

Finbar
14-04-2011, 06:06 PM
He might already be World Champion

http://www.restaurantnews.com/wingstop-world-wing-eating-championship-2011/

gjohnk
14-04-2011, 06:48 PM
After his withdrawal and retraction this week I get the feeling Ronnie will either lose in the first round or win the tournament. Probably the former.

kayjay
15-04-2011, 06:20 AM
Well I'm off to Australia on the middle Sunday but generally the best bets are normally in the first two rounds anyway, will hopefully still be posting once there though clearly I'll struggle to watch it live :(
You might catch some on one of the Foxtel sports channels though not sure.
Where are you landing?
I'm backing King, Ding, Hendry and Maguire to win their 1st round matches.

Finbar
15-04-2011, 07:16 AM
Landing Sydney Tuesday 26th, breakfast with my Aunt then getting a connecting flight to Ballina, got a wedding (Caroline's sister) in Yamba on Saturday, will then be driving to Brisbane on the Monday.

Should have access to Eurosport player (who have all the matches archived, not sure how long after the match but will monitor that next week) which I'll cancel after the Worlds (only £4 a month though) and BBCiplayer via UKVPN (£6 a month) which also means I can bet in running from home on all sport.

Just had a look and nothing on Fox, I think I might try and not haver Fox Sports, I'll have access to Sky Sports via my mate's Sky player (again only possible via the IP address changer) so can put it from my laptop directly onto the tv, most Aus sports don't really interest me yet, though I might like to follow NRL (though I hate Rugby League over here) as I have done fantasy NRL for the last few years.

Just need to avoid hearing the snooker results once I arrive, which in a snooker obsessed country like Aus will be tricky I'm sure :clown:

Finbar
15-04-2011, 08:19 AM
Right my current outright bets in order

Ding £28 at 10/1 - At his best, along with Higgins and Williams perhaps, he's the best player at the moment, he is in the better of the two halves and it's just a matter of whether he can be consistent over the 17 days, if he recreates his Masters form I am confident he'll at least get to the final.

Dott £20 at 33/1 - For the above reasons, seeded to meet Ding in the semis

Trump £10e/w at 50/1 - Again in the top half, tricky opener against Robertson but if he wins then he has a good chance of meeting Dott in the quarters

Lee - £12 at 114/1 (av odds on Betfair) - Been involved in the best two matches this season (one losing 9-8 to Higgins with 96% pot success), can run Higgins close and if he wins those odds will come crashing in, though he does have a very tough draw

Hawkins - £8 at 300/1 (av odds on Betfair but now 320), I just think he's extremely under rated and in the easiest 1/4 (but bottom half)

My staking for the sake of this thread would be

Ding 3pts at 8/1 (current best price)
Dott 2pts at 29/1
Trump 0.5pts e/w at 33/1
Lee 1pt at 110.0 on Betfair (trade if he makes the final, only 80/1 with the fixed odds bookies)
Hawkins 0.5pts 320.0 with Betfair (definitely trade if he gets to the final, odds are only 150/1 with the fixed odds bookies)

gjohnk
15-04-2011, 08:58 AM
Fin - why is Robertson number 1 seed (and in the seemingly easier half) but available at 11/1 to win the tournament?

Or is it just due to a difficult opening match against Trump?

Finbar
15-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Am surprised he is the price he is, it's purely down to the fact that he's been a bit inconsistent this season, if my picks weren't so dominated by the top half of the draw then I would certianly be backing him, if he beats Trump and is still 7/1 or bigger then I'll probably back him to win it).

I think people are very focussed on Higgins and Williams as they have been the headline players this year (with good reason) so Robertson is somewhat under the radar.

The two players I haven't named but wouldn't put anyone off backing at what I see is a good price is Robertson and Murphy (16/1) who is also getting back to his best but is in Ronnie's and Higgin's quarter so on that basis have left him alone

You can see the draw here
http://prosnookerblog.com/calendar/201011-resultsdraws/world-championship-2011-last-32-draw/

Finbar
15-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Right, tomorrow's games

Robbo vs Trump
Like I said above, once Trump is in front he's hard to peg back so will probably back him in running if he gets ahead early.

The bet I really like is Total 50's. I can see this going to at least 10-6 either way so would have 13 being a rough par score myself, both players are heavy scorers in the balls so the 11/10 available on there being 12 or more (with Skybet) seems like great value to me. Only fear would be Robertson steamrollering Judd but I think after China that is now very unlikely

Am going to assign points to my bets to indicate how confident I am and also keep a tally of how my tips on this thread are going, will edit the ones above

5pt will be the maximum bet

3pts at over 11.5 50's with Skybet at 11/10

Finbar
15-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Am going to leave Cope vs Paggett alone, I actually think Paggett may cover the handicap but he is also quite capable of getting beaten very heavily so will watch the Robbo match and not worry about that one

Day vs Williams should be a cracker, i think Williams will win this one reasonably comfortably but do worry that Day is finding form after a torrid time of it. As with the Robbo match they are both heavy scorers so would expect there to be a few centuries, will dabble on over 1.5

Over 1.5 centuries, 2pts at 4/6 with Paddy Power

Finbar
15-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Murphy vs Campbell

Campbell is finding his form and Murphy has been quite in and out this year. The fact is though that Murphy is a strong fav for a reason. I think Campbell will not make it easy for Sean, rather than take him at 11/10 +3.5 frames I think the 6/4 at Bet365 for over 16 frames is more attractive as there is surely no way he'll beat Murphy easily.

Campbell vs Murphy over 16 frames at 6/4 with Bet365

Beckenham Boy
15-04-2011, 10:36 AM
The bet I really like is Total 50's. I can see this going to at least 10-6 either way so would have 13 being a rough par score myself, both players are heavy scorers in the balls so the 11/10 available on there being 12 or more (with Skybet) seems like great value to me. Only fear would be Robertson steamrollering Judd but I think after China that is now very unlikely

3pts at over 11.5 50's with Skybet

Not sure if I have read this ^ right but looks like you are saying 50/1? Odds are 11/10

If it was 50s I'd be all over it like Stephen Lee in a cake shop

Finbar
15-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Going to leave Carter vs Harold alone, really don't rate Harold at all but I've lost far more than I've won when opposing him over the years, yet whenever I side with him I always lose. Will watch and hope Ali wins, lovely guy

Finbar
15-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Not sure if I have read this ^ right but looks like you are saying 50/1? Odds are 11/10

If it was 50s I'd be all over it like Stephen Lee in a cake shop

LOL, sorry yes it's 11/10 will edit :clown:

gjohnk
15-04-2011, 10:44 AM
That's it decided then, I'm getting on Robbo to win.

Ronnie will be ducking out early so I think the bottom half might not be quite as bad as you think.

Finbar
15-04-2011, 10:47 AM

Ronnie will be ducking out early so I think the bottom half might not be quite as bad as you think.

True but was more thinking you should be avoiding Williams and Higgins, guess anything can happen and suddenly bottom half may look far more appealing

I hope you're right about Ronnie

Finbar
15-04-2011, 10:53 AM
I would wait till after the trump match though and sacrifice a bit of the price (or have a saver on Trump to win the match)

Beckenham Boy
15-04-2011, 11:09 AM
Looking at the top of the bottom half, I like the look of Maguire / Williams to reach the final odds

Maguire to reach the final is best odds 14s on skybet and VC
Williams is 9/2 to reach the final on VC and Extrabet

They will face either Ronnie or Higgins in the semi. I think Williams has the beating of both at the moment with Ronnie's mind and Higgins getting done by Murphy so emphatically in China

Both of these seem good odds to me with the 9/2 on Williams stand out in my eyes

Finbar
15-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Tricky one, Higgins has been almost invincible since coming back from his ban, agree on form that they should meet in the semis though. Guess you also can't rule out Ronnie coming out all guns blazing, so hard to know what state his mind is in but you have to imagine it's not good

Finbar
16-04-2011, 12:22 PM
3pts at over 11.5 50's with Skybet at 11/10

6 after the first session, could have been a couple more but will take that I think, should be a close match

Finbar
16-04-2011, 07:33 PM
7-7 and 12 50s :lux:

Finbar
16-04-2011, 09:53 PM
14 in the end, nice

As for my Murphy overs bet...hmmm he's 9-0 up

Should have taken on Harold as I was tempted to, 8-1 down

My 50/1 e/w on Trump looking ok, now 12/1 on Betfair :)

Flat Noodle
16-04-2011, 11:45 PM
Have Ding x Hendry double left pending as my bet in 1st round.

Finbar
17-04-2011, 07:08 AM
Ding vs Burnett this morning, so begins the quest of my main pick to win the title. He should beat Burnett fairly comfortably but Burnett is also capable of very good snooker indeed.

I'm still tempted to back Ding on the handicap but will resist, I think if he is in the form I'm hoping he's in then he's about as heavy a scorer as there is, there is also the fact that once in the balls Burnett is very solid so 2 or more centuries will be my bet.

Ding vs Burnett, over 1.5 centuries, 2pts at 5/6 with Betfred

Will leave Hendry vs Perry alone, Hendry is so inconsistent at the moment you can't tell what he'll do from one match to the next so I would sooner take him on than back him, I do think he'll beat Perry though but I suspect it will be a scrappy affair

Finbar
17-04-2011, 07:18 AM
I also like Cope vs Paggett 4/6 to be over 16.5 frames but I think my tips on here should be almost entirely pre event, done it in real life though (currently 5-4 to Cope)

Finbar
17-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Ding vs Burnett, over 1.5 centuries, 2pts at 5/6 with Betfred

Landed after about 7 frames, both from Ding

Finbar
17-04-2011, 12:05 PM
I also like Cope vs Paggett 4/6 to be over 16.5 frames but I think my tips on here should be almost entirely pre event, done it in real life though (currently 5-4 to Cope)

Also wins :)

gjohnk
17-04-2011, 04:06 PM

Betting on snooker is a joke.
Saying goodbye to this thread, will leave you to it Fin! :hi:

Finbar
18-04-2011, 07:33 AM
Unlucky gjohnk

Right todays bets are Hawkins to beat Maguire, just don't think Maguire is playing that well this year and have always thought Hawkins is a better player than his ranking suggests

2pts on Barry Hawkins to beat Stephen Maguire at 3.35 with Betfair (15/8 with fixed odds bookies)

Ronnie on at 2.30pm, as above have backed against him. Will be very interesting to see how Ronnie gets on, I might throw some small money at some big defeat scores which if his head goes are quite possible

Suffered my first loss (I think it was the first anyway) on Williams match only having 1 century, very frustrating as Williams had several clear chances to get the 2nd but narrowly missed

Beckenham Boy
18-04-2011, 10:28 AM
Hawkins 3-0 up on Maguire already!

Beckenham Boy
18-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Make that 4-0

Bigtoe82
18-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Finbar I have got on Dott(36.0), Lee(130.0) and Hawkins(390.0) + Ronnie (Fave player).

As you said you may look to lay some of the longer odds. At what point would you think of doing this?? Had a play round with the arb calculator mainly with Hawkins who has dropped into 150.0 but you could only make around £3 gtd profit...

Cake and Eat It
18-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Guess you bet £2

You are going to need him to drop to 10/15 max before you can make anything that tasty on him.

If he got to the final, say at 3s, then you could lock in about 200quid.

Finbar
18-04-2011, 12:19 PM
Just been out and caught up with the snooker, good start but annoyingly I looked at the 14/1 on Hawkins to go 4-0 up but went for him to win the race to three frames at 6/5 instead, still a win but could have been nice.

Not a good standard so far it has to be said from either player.

BigToe, always the question, when to lay off. I would say it entirely depends on what kind of a return you view as being decent.

Personally (and I think for me I'm happy with my balance) I back just the win rather than each way with a view to laying off my stake at 6.0ish and then lay more and more from 4.0 inwards when I've backed at over 100.0, and would probably be nearer 2.0 when I back at double figures, but saving the bulk of laying for odds on.

Backed Schwarzel at 140.0 for the masters for £10, layed £100 at 4.0, then £100 at 2.5, then £100 at 1.5ish and then big numbers at 1.0x to ensure a massive profit if he choked. Won £800 instead of the £1400 (before commission) I would have otherwise won and have no regrets. I have had times when I've laid off far too much and benefitted and laid off far too much and regretted it, was pleased with how I did it at the Masters.

At the end of the day if you're happy getting 6/1 on your stake then lay off accordingly, backing at massive odds I still want a pretty massive return but that might be me being greedy :)

Finbar
18-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Massive frame there for Barry, be great if he can win the 9th for a 7-2 lead, would happily have taken 6-3 though still :)

Can't wait to see how Ronald Antonio plays this afternoon, might stick a few quid on 10-0, 10-1, 10-2, 10-3, just possibe he might come along and make no effort as he may be playing when he absolutely doesn't want to.

Cake and Eat It
18-04-2011, 12:27 PM
What do you reckon on O'Sullivan - Dale Finbar?

Cake and Eat It
18-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Ah... Ronald Antonio.. lol

Finbar
18-04-2011, 12:34 PM
OK, greed, have a few quid in my VC account and they're pretty much best odds on all Dale big wins (one bookie is also 1000/1 on 10-1 but don't have an account with Bodog)

£4 at 1000/1, 10-0
£4 at 500/1, 10-1
£4 at 250/1, 10-2
£4 at 150/1, 10-3
£6 at 80/1, 10-4
£8 at 50/1, 10-5
:)

Finbar
18-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Dale to beat Ronnie, 1pt at 4/1 with B365 (and others)
Dale +4.5 to beat Ronnie, 2pts at 10/11 wiith Corals

First to win 10 frames

Here were my bets from last week, taking a bit of a risk on Ronnie being poor but he's barely won a match this year (outside of time constrained events like the Premier league which seem to really suit him). Will be watching in frame betting closely, normally the price for ronnie winning a frame crashes as soon as he pots a red, can be quite lucrative but the backers may not be quite so quick to jump in at the mo

Finbar
18-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Just reading recent tweets from Ronnie (ronnieo147) and it sounds like he plans to play a lot more shots left handed, hope so but he's still outstanding with that! I suspect this match will hinge on Ronnie's long potting

Cake and Eat It
18-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Cheers Finbar, I've lumped on those outcomes as well.

Very speculative - but as brilliant as O'Sullivan can sometimes be, he can also be absolute gash.

Lets hope its 10-0 gash today.

Finbar
18-04-2011, 01:29 PM
yeah, have put a lot of eggs in the Ronnie playing crap basket, he'll probably absolutely fly now! I think Dale is in decent nick this season, looking forward to this match.

Real shame that from 46-0 up Hawkins couldn't seal frame 9, still i would have taken 6-3

If Dale wins this match then my start to the world champs will be spectacularly good :)

Cake and Eat It
18-04-2011, 02:00 PM
He is playing ok

Beckenham Boy
18-04-2011, 02:03 PM
Dale has no chance with shots like that on the blue!

Beckenham Boy
18-04-2011, 02:04 PM
ronnie sticking to the left handed play nicely

Finbar
18-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Hmmm, not the start I was hoping for!! :grrr:

Beckenham Boy
18-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Ronnie going for a 147

Beckenham Boy
18-04-2011, 02:12 PM
Unlucky, caught the jaw

Beckenham Boy
18-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Break 78 - Ronnie 2-0 up

Flat Noodle
18-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Ronnie looking ruthless out there :(

Finbar
18-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Looking in very very good nick, his long potting the best it's been for years, good for the championship, bad for my bank balance!!

Beckenham Boy
18-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Chance for Dale to get on the scoreboard here

Finbar
18-04-2011, 02:25 PM
laid him at 1.56 for the frame, he looks on edge to me

Flat Noodle
18-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Freakin' Hendry choked the 11th frame and now only 6-5 lead

Flat Noodle
18-04-2011, 02:29 PM
C'mon Dale!

Finbar
18-04-2011, 02:29 PM
£35 green on both players for the frame now, should have put a bigger green on Dale!! Perfect though, I win and Dale closes out the frame :)

Finbar
18-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Is Hendry playing badly? When he is these days he struggles to pick his game up, might be time to lump on Perry

Flat Noodle
18-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Can foresee Perry taking this match 10-6

Seems like Hendry has used up all his luck yesterday already :rolleyes:

Finbar
18-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Nice, layed Hendry at 1.45

Beckenham Boy
18-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Perry misses a relatively easy black and Hendry back in the balls. Still got a bit to do tho to win this one

Finbar
18-04-2011, 02:45 PM
2-2, massively happy with that, Ronnie missed a golden chance to go 3-0 up :)

Beckenham Boy
18-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Big frame that for Hendry - leads 7/6 now

Finbar
18-04-2011, 03:52 PM
4-2 to Ronnie, could easily be the other way round, Dale matched at 1.25 and 1.18 the last two frames :(

Perry 7-7 :)

Bigtoe82
18-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Yeh well I mean in terms of a decent return...I have built my bankroll from £10 to £200 atm with the max bet being 12.5% of br at any given time.

So a decent return is probs around £15+ but yeh I think I'll wait. I'm quite new to trading it so will have to keep a close eye on it.

Finbar
18-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Ronnie is flying, the shot to break out his last red in frame 7 was a thing of great beauty

Finbar
18-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Hawkins 9-9, my record in deciders this year is shocking :(

In real life laid him off at 1.24 at 8-5 and been laying 1.7ish each time each player hit it ever since, from being -40 / +90 at the start am now +104 / +78 but hopefully there will be a lot of choking in the last frame

JamTheEagle
18-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Looks like Hawkins has it now :p.

Finbar
18-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Hawkins wins, nice, £70 profit after laying off, happy with that and still in my outright. He's capable of a lot better stuff than he played and having finally got through the first round he might relax. He was superb in the last frame which bearing in mind he's never got past the first round and he's lost 10-9 twice before is quite impressive

JamTheEagle
18-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Nice tipping, what are you picks for tomorrow?

Finbar
18-04-2011, 10:59 PM
Cheers :p

Did consider tipping up Bingham (backed him at 5/4) but left it alone, not started badly but Ebdon is like Hendry in that you can't under estimate his ability despite his age and propensity to put in the odd shocker (the reason neither can now win it)

4 games start tomorrow, Stevens vs Allen I have no idea (might suggest overs on the 50s or centuries but both seem set quite high by the bookies), so ignoring that, my bets as follows and there are 3 bets I like in the games.

Dott vs King, am pretty sure Dott will get through, hence my picking him on the outrights, King though is a funny one who has got his act together (gambling problem) and seems to be scoring a lot heavier than ever before. I think 4/7 is about right and I think he'll win but not easily, so will instead trust that King will carry on his good play and go for the 5/4 which Skybet have on over 10.5 50 breaks (8/11 with Paddy Power)

2pts at 5/4 on over 10.5 50 breaks with Skybet

Ricky Walden vs Rory McLeod, Ricky is a solid player who has had an ok year, Rory is always slow and often poor, really can't see him winning this one, if it gets close at the end of the match can also see him melting but expect Rory to win comfortably

3pts Walden to beat Mcleod at 4/7 with Corals

Marco Fu vs Martin Gould, a funny one, Gould has been talked up a lot this week by Eurosport when I really don't think he's had a great season, he has though shown signs in the last month that he's rediscovering his best form. He also does not lack self belief which is great in an up and coming player. Last year Gould had for me the best session (session 1 or 2 against Robertson last year before Robertson came back from 11-5 to win 13-12) so can clearly turn it on at the Crucible. Fu started the season well but has been quite vulnerable this year, I honestly expected the odds (8/11 Fu and 5/4 Gould) to be the other way round, on that basis Gould is certainly worth a punt. I can't see Fu winning easily but Gould is certainly capable of keeping Fu to 5 frames or less which is always a nice thought

3pts Gould to beat Fu at 5/4 with load of bookies (13/10 with Pinnacle but I imagine they're a bit obscure), had he been 4/5ish I would have suggested a 2pt win but think there is a lot of value in the bet. Fu is capable but doesn't do well at Sheffield and I see no reason to assume he's in better nick than Gould

Bigtoe82
19-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Missed the boat with Fu v Gould. Watching it here seemed as though Fu just crumbled for a bit but is putting on a nice break now.

Gould still backable 5-3 down at 4.4+ ?

Finbar
19-04-2011, 11:48 AM
I've been out most of the morning, first 2 frames Fu looked superb, had forgotten how much I hate Gould's shot selection!! With his gung ho style of play the bet should have been over 1.5 centuries, still might get involved in that for the 2nd session.

Gould needs to win this frame but it's not looking the best of starts

Think Walden will take care of McLeod still, currently 3-3

Finbar
19-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Hmm, not the best day so far, nor the worst.

Dott looking pretty useful, though King left him in with some very easy chances. Currently 6-2 up and he's hit 6 50s (and a century), unfortunately King not hit one in his two frames, need him to get to at least 4 or 5 if my over 10.5 is to come in. Very happy with Dott's form though, if he's to go deep then he needs some easy wins after getting to the final exhausted last year.

The draw for Ding, Dott and Trump looks very nice now Roberston (Neil) is out

Finbar
20-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Great comeback from Gould, should be a great match against Trump, shame Walden is having a nightmare against McLeod.

Will be backing Lee against Higgins, have backed Lee in the outrights and he's more than capable of playing some flawless snooker. Higgins has been a bit flat recently so happy to take him on at decent odds

Lee to beat Higgins, 2pts at 100/30 with VC Bet

Will be piling on the overs (century of 50s whichever is the better value) in the Trump match, Gould is ridiculously attacking which will either mean he gets in and scores (like today) or (as yesterday with Fu) leaves balls scattered everywhere

Bigtoe82
20-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Right Fatboy Lee. Good luck son.

foxy
20-04-2011, 02:11 PM
hawkins has the potential to be a great player. used to play at the same club as him and he really is a good player. just seems to bottle it a bit on the big stage.

Finbar
20-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Completely agree, mind you his one visit win at 9-9 the other night took plenty of bottle!!

Decent start from Lee though slightly concerned he may have damaged his tip, looking like 1-1 with Higgins not looking all that good so far

Finbar
20-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Hmm, Lee now 2-1 down, not so good

Tonight I really think Jimmie Robertson can give Selby a scare, he's a good cueman who is playing well and Selby often struggles in tournaments early on before peaking towards the final stages

Robertson to beat Selby, 1pt at 12.5 with Betfair
Robertson +4.5 to beat Selby, 2pts at 2.5 with Betfair

Finbar
20-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Higgins now battering Lee, boo

Finbar
21-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Ok, today's bets

Cope was awful in his first round, difficult to convey how bad he was, can see no way he'll compete with Williams who is playing superbly at the moment

4pts Williams -3.5 frames to beat Cope, 1.69 with Extrabet

First to 13 now

Finbar
21-04-2011, 09:19 AM
Tonight it's Trump vs Gould, should be a great match. As I put above the bet here is either centuries or 50s, both are attacking, Gould ridiculously so, so there should be plenty of occasions when the balls are scattered everywhere.

Over 1.5 centuries is 8/11 but think I prefer over 14.5 50's at 4/5, both with Paddy Power

Trump vs Gould, over 14.5 50 breaks, 3pts at 4/5

Bigtoe82
21-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Ok, today's bets

Cope was awful in his first round, difficult to convey how bad he was, can see no way he'll compete with Williams who is playing superbly at the moment

4pts Williams -3.5 frames to beat Cope, 1.69 with Extrabet

First to 13 now

This beginning to look solid at the mo. Williams about to race to 3-0 up. I got on -4.5 with betfair @2.02. Williams looking different class.

Finbar
21-04-2011, 12:44 PM
I tried to deposit money with Extrabet at 1.69 but as I've just told the bank I'm moving to Aus it wouldn't let me (billing address different to their address)

Decided to try to get on with Betfair but have no idea whether I did or not as the site crashed before I could see if my 1.99 lay of Cope was matched, annoying!

Have done a nice double on -4.5 and Trump / Gould 50s though which I know has been accepted!

Betfair really are rubbish at keeping their site up and running, incredible and surely they need a total overhaul of their servers/systems

Finbar
21-04-2011, 12:48 PM
www2.betfair.com working fine and my bet was matched :lux:

Finbar
21-04-2011, 02:10 PM
7-1 to Williams after the first session, Cope has been awful, he looks like a player ranked 50+ making his debut at the Crucible and cracking under the pressure

Beckenham Boy
21-04-2011, 06:37 PM
Higgins looking good.

jobiinthelastmi
21-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Higgins looking good.

Told you he wasn't going to win anything :p

Finbar
21-04-2011, 10:27 PM
Yeah, the form players coming into it (Higgins and Williams) looking strong, mind you so are Selby, Ronnie and Murphy and you can't discount a few others either, open!!

Despite making relatively few breaks I thought Williams looked very solid indeed, saw none of the Higgins match though. My taking on the big players on the handicaps not working so well...

Finbar
22-04-2011, 06:54 AM
Selby takes on Hendry tomorrow and I think the handicap price is very attractive. They met at this stage last year and Selby won 13-5, I see no reason to think Hendry can take the 10 frames he would need to cover the handicap, he's not the player he used to be and Selby seems to be peaking at just the right time this season

Selby -3.5 frames to beat Hendry, 4pts at 4/5 with Paddy Power

Finbar
22-04-2011, 08:06 AM
Surprised to see Carter favourite against Dott, think Dott is playing the better snooker at the moment and loves the crucible, I think when Ali is pushed he'll struggle

Dott to beat Carter, 2pts at 2.06 with Betfair

jobiinthelastmi
22-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Surprised to see Carter favourite against Dott, think Dott is playing the better snooker at the moment and loves the crucible, I think when Ali is pushed he'll struggle

Dott to beat Carter, 2pts at 2.06 with Betfair

Carter has beaten Dott quite a few times in his career. I think Carter is the better player despite not winning the world championship.

Finbar
22-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Carter in front after 5 frames but still confident Dott will come through

Finbar
22-04-2011, 12:01 PM
The last two frames he lost were amazing, especially the last one, simple blue into the middle and didn't even get it close

Hawkins vs Allen should be interesting, I thought Allen would be a heavier favourite than he is so am tempted to back him to cover the handicap

cantspell
22-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Finbar is that the way around the Betfair problem(www2?) - I stopped using them as site kept crashing which cost me as I like to bet in running. I tend to use Betdaq now, although liquidity, though improving, is not as good.

jobiinthelastmi
22-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Carter in front after 5 frames but still confident Dott will come through

Doesn't look good for Dotty :hi:

Bigtoe82
22-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Doesn't look good for Dotty :hi:

It's 7-6 to carter and a really really close match??

Finbar
23-04-2011, 07:55 AM
Finbar is that the way around the Betfair problem(www2?) - I stopped using them as site kept crashing which cost me as I like to bet in running. I tend to use Betdaq now, although liquidity, though improving, is not as good.

I don't think it is, www2.betfair.com enabled me to access the site and see if my bets were matched but I think all markets (except maybe horse racing) were suspended. It really defies belief how unreliable that site is. Was going to start pre-event trading again but if the site crashes you risk losing your whole bank, not acceptable.

Apart from the Selby bet above, the bet has to be Murphy to beat Sullivan, in my eyes it's a coin toss and so 13/8 for Murphy is a great bet.

Murphy to beat Ronnie, 3pts at 13/8 with Betfred

Need 3 more 50s in the Trump / Gould match, they're on 12 but Trump is only 2 frames short of the winning line, brief comeback from Gould required

Dott / Carter looks like going to the wire, shame I'll miss it as am off to the races today

gjohnk
23-04-2011, 09:04 AM
Need 3 more 50s in the Trump / Gould match, they're on 12 but Trump is only 2 frames short of the winning line, brief comeback from Gould required

Fin - where do you get reliable scores from?

BBC is showing 11 over 50 breaks.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/snooker/9390290.stm

Finbar
23-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Sporting Index have a 50s match bet which showed 12 overnight, am pretty sure it finished one or two short though

gjohnk
23-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Yeah.either way there was only 2more this morning.

cantspell
23-04-2011, 05:35 PM
cheers Finbar re the betfair comments

JamTheEagle
23-04-2011, 06:12 PM
:lux: Dott :lux:

Finbar
23-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Hawkins loses 13-12, was 7-3 up and 9-7 down, shame but an awful breakoff in the decider to gift a chance to Allen

Selby 7-1 up, nice :)

Finbar
24-04-2011, 09:20 AM
Not posting up any bets on the matches this morning, they have started and I don't see any great bets, I've backed McLeod at 26.0 and Bingham at 7.2 but more with a view to trade as I think both prices are too big

gjohnk
24-04-2011, 09:54 AM
Incredible breaks by selby yesterday.
4 100s and a 98!!

jobiinthelastmi
24-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Hendry will retire in the summer

Cake and Eat It
24-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Bon voyage Fin... sterling effort on this thread.

cantspell
24-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Agree Cake am on the Selby bet

cantspell
25-04-2011, 08:23 PM
tremendous match ding v bingham just about to go to 12 11 to bingham

cantspell
25-04-2011, 08:35 PM
58 nil to Ding in next frame so far

cantspell
25-04-2011, 08:46 PM
ding may have dinged it up

cantspell
25-04-2011, 08:53 PM
no 12 all

cantspell
25-04-2011, 09:13 PM
classic last frame

cantspell
25-04-2011, 09:26 PM
bingham makes a dreadful error

cantspell
25-04-2011, 09:32 PM
great comeback ding

Cake and Eat It
25-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Great finish

Finbar
26-04-2011, 08:38 AM
Right, now in Aus so missed all the action

Have 3 of the 4 players in the top 1/4 so to guarantee a finalist

Selby to win, 5pts at 3.75 with Betfair

Though I think Ding at 2.84 is huge for their match so will have 3pts on that with Betfair as well

Finbar
26-04-2011, 07:39 PM
Blimey, Trump playing some great stuff now, steamrollering Dott

Semis look like

Trump vs Ding / Selby
Williams vs Ronnie / Higgins

Will be the best semis line up for years, all attacking players (well bar Selby arguably) playing well

JamTheEagle
27-04-2011, 09:27 PM
Get in Ding :lux:

StuNick
27-04-2011, 09:28 PM
yeah great stuff, Selby will be kicking himself though

Finbar
28-04-2011, 03:07 AM
That was me not StuNick, have no idea how I could have been logged in as him as I had posted moments earlier as myself, plus the fact he's not used this laptop for months, seriously odd

Finbar
28-04-2011, 03:28 AM
So it's semis next, first to win 17 frames

Ding vs Trump
Higgins vs Williams

I think you can say that the 3 best players this year are through to the semis and with Trump having won in China it's a superb line up, miles better than at this stage last year (Robertson vs Carter & Dott vs Selby) and both semis should be a great advert for the game

Bettingwise it's nice to have Trump at 50/1 e/w in there but he still needs to get to the final, mind you if he doesn't at least I have Ding in there.

Really hard to know what to expect though the one thing that is for sure is that Trump will come out all guns blazing as he has been, this should offer Ding more chances early on than he was afforded by Selby if he misses, and if he carries on as he is then it could be a very heavily scoring final so I'll go for over 4.5 centuries. I also think it could be a close match with lots of swings so I'll be backing whoever goes behind early and then hoping to trade it.

3pts on over 4.5 centuries at 2.2 with Paddy Power
4pts on over 29.5 frames at 1.91 with Billy Hills, Betfred

The other semi is very similar, both players should be positive (especially Williams) and it surely has to be a close match. Again I don't see any value in the outright prices so will go for a close match as my bet, just don't see either player winning 17-12 or better

4pts on over 29.5 frames at 1.91 with Billy Hills
3pt double on both matches being over 29.5 frames at 3.65 with William Hills

Finbar
01-05-2011, 03:22 AM
7 centuries, 17-14, 17-15 = ££££££ :lux:

Also the place part of the below bet landed for £260 :)

Trump £10e/w at 50/1 - Again in the top half, tricky opener against Robertson but if he wins then he has a good chance of meeting Dott in the quarters

Finbar
01-05-2011, 04:27 AM
Right, the final

Trump has been the best player of the championships so far, totally fearless and won what was apparently an utter classic against Ding (have not caught up with that one yet)

Higgins has had a long season and I just can't see him winning easily if he does win, though it wouldn't surprise me to see Trump win easily if he does win so will not bet on the frame overs

Trump and Higgins hit 8 centuries between them in the semis, and though finals often tend to be cagey scrappy affairs I just can't see Trump changing his positive attitude which should see either him getting in or him leaving chances for Higgins

Trump +3.5 frames at 4/6 with Paddy Power, 3pt win
Over 4.5 centuries, 5pts at 4/5 with Paddy Power

Will check my P&L for this tournament (probably using £10 per point or something) would be amazed if I'm not in front

Eaglesmad123
01-05-2011, 04:47 PM
14 in the end, nice

As for my Murphy overs bet...hmmm he's 9-0 up

Should have taken on Harold as I was tempted to, 8-1 down

My 50/1 e/w on Trump looking ok, now 12/1 on Betfair :)

Dude when did you place the bet as at the start of the competition he was 33-1

Finbar
01-05-2011, 08:49 PM
During the China Open final when it was apparent he had a much more complete game than anyone had seen previously, for the purposes of tipping in this thread I used the 33/1 which as you say he was pre tournament

2 centuries so far, glad I went for those and not 50s

Trump seems utterly unfazed by the occasion

Finbar
02-05-2011, 02:55 PM
The 3rd ton this session but in the last 4 frames there have been breaks of 93, 94 and 99!!! Annoying

Finbar
03-05-2011, 07:20 AM
Well played Higgins, fell 1 ton short in the last (5pt grr) bet annoyingly. Higgins is amazing in the way he can win without seemingly playing his best. Judd will surely be a threat in any tournament, players will be petrified in best of 9 matches

If you translate each 1pt into £10 then I was £174 up for all my tips so not too bad but could have been a lot better reading them back

Only 50 weeks to go till the next world champs :(

Beckenham Boy
03-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Reports of an Aussie event soon too Fin...

Finbar
04-05-2011, 12:41 AM
Yep, Melbourne in July I think, tempting!

Finbar
29-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Snooker season now back in full swing :lux:

Great bet tonight, Dave Harold is getting on and always been a grinder. He plays Dave Gilbert who came through qulifying school and has been flying in the last few weeks. Harold lost to Sam Creagie in the first PTC event and will need to be playing at his best to live with Gilbert. The standard of the younger players is so much higher than it used to be and I fully expect Gilbert to win 5-2 or better

Gilbert to beat Harold, 1.92 with Unibet but 1.91 generally

Finbar
30-06-2011, 02:42 AM
Won :)

Finbar
07-07-2011, 01:18 AM
Lots of televised snooker in July to bet on

Ebdon should demolish his wildcard this morning and I think Dott is overpriced in the outright so

1pt on Dott to win the Wuxi classic at 12/1
3pts on Ebdon to win 5-2 or betting against Maimaiti

Finbar
03-08-2011, 06:42 AM
Wattana vs Harold, live on Bet365 (if you have a funded account, £5 minimum)

Wattana is playing well at the moment, Harold having a nightmare and under more and more pressure to win games to maintain his ranking. Lacking matchplay unlike Wattana who has won two games to get here as well as playing well in the World Cup a couple of weeks ago.

2.1 with Sportingbet.com but that won't last, would go for 3pts based on my world champs staking

Finbar
03-08-2011, 07:04 AM
Price now 1.67, I originally backed him at 1.73 which is still there with PP and a great bet (topped up at 2.1 with SB when I saw it), suspect Sportingbet may void

JamTheEagle
03-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the tip Fin, how many is it best of? Can't seem to find the scores anywhere.

Finbar
03-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Best of 9

Live scores here
http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.com/Match.aspx?m=125007&t=948

You can watch it at Fromsport or Bet365 (funded account)

First frame Wattana not great but not bad, Harold totally inept, managed 9pts in 2 good chances

2nd frame Wattana just knocked in a 73 so is 73-0 up with 59 on

Finbar
03-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Harold in frame 3, balls nicely spread (oo er sounds a bit rude) should score heavily from it, on 37 at the mo. Don't want to see him clearing in one visit

Finbar
03-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Harold makes 41, loses frame, 3-0 Wattana :)

JamTheEagle
03-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Harold makes 41, loses frame, 3-0 Wattana :)

Hopefully he keeps it up :)

Finbar
03-08-2011, 10:29 AM
should be ok, Harold in first frame 4 though, decent chance to win frame, I fully expect him not to, on 11 at the mo

Finbar
03-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Harold knocks in an 83 to take frame 4, slightly concerning...interval now which can only be a good thing

Finbar
03-08-2011, 11:05 AM
4-1, laid off at 1.04 just in case but should be home and hosed now

JamTheEagle
03-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Was saving the celebrations just in case :lux: Cheers Fin.

Finbar
03-08-2011, 11:34 AM
5-2, good stuff :)

Finbar
03-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Was saving the celebrations just in case :lux: Cheers Fin.

Happy to oblige :p

Bigtoe82
08-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Finbar, thoughts of Williams to win the PTC event? Can't find anything on oddschecker though for some reason!

Finbar
08-08-2011, 10:11 AM
Very dodgy to bet on in my opinion, lots of long odds winners last year. Good event to back outsiders in the matches though (I've just backed Steadman to beat Jimmy at 12/5 which won, now on Brecel to beat Cope at 5/2, Cope has the ability to be inept)

Great review here which tips up Williams, Snookerbacker knows his stuff so would certainly not put you off it

http://www.snookerbacker.com/2011/08/07/ptc-2-preview/

Live stream on Bet365 if you have a funded account (minimum deposit is £5 and then you can spend £4.90 on betting and just leave the 10p if you lose to watch future streams!)

Finbar
08-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Cope has the ability to be inept

Yep so far so good

Finbar
08-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Brecel wins 4-1, will be quite some player in a few years, looks about 12 at the moment!!

Next up have backed Mackenzie to beat Steve Davis, Davis finally seems to be losing the battle with age, can only make small contributions and rarely wins frames in one visit. Mackenzie solid enough and am happy to take 11/10, down in frame 1 though

Finbar
08-08-2011, 12:16 PM
:veryangry

Will be emailing them!!

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-WPrgCxWm5bM/Tj_TcYaEJ3I/AAAAAAAAAGo/6hAsuC8qkGE/Screen%252520shot%2525202011-08-08%252520at%25252022.14.15.png

Edit: Actually I think they're just being slow in settling

Finbar
04-09-2011, 05:41 AM
Shanghai masters starts tomorrow. On the outrights two prices stick out, Selby at 7/1, in a great 1/4, just won the last PTC winning 4 out of his 6 matches 4-0. He would probably play Ronnie in the semis but he beat him in the last PTC semifinal and you would have to wonder which Ronnie will turn up, even an on song Ronnie often isn't enough these days though

In the other half Williams is a massive 10/1 with Betfred, a price that may not last as it's so out of sync with the other bookies. In the other half to Selby, not a bad draw though in the same 1/4 as Ding who hasn't been pulling up trees this year. Probably the best player in the world right now (though it's close with Selby)

Trump is 20/1, he is starting to look like the player who got to the final last year, big price but still probably not worth taking. Allen at 28/1 is tempting and I think Mark Davis is starting to show his class, I backed him at 66/1 e/w in the last PTC which he came 2nd in and he's available at 150/1 for this comp which I'll have a dabble on.

3pts Selby to win at 7/1
2pts Williams to win at 10/1
1pt e/w Allen to win at 28/1
0.5pts e/w on Mark Davis to win at 150/1

Finbar
07-09-2011, 10:13 PM
For the more patient amongst us there is a massive price for the World Snooker Champs 2012 (starts in April).

Stuart Bingham is flying at the moment, won the Aussie Open, beat Trump comprehensively yesterday, has now secured his place in the top 16 so won't have to qualify for it and you can get 125/1 on him to win (each way 1/2 odds first two).

Price will be gone early tomorrow I would expect, Skybet are as short as 40/1 and I can see him being 16/1 in places with a good draw (he'll play a qualifier in round 1)

Finbar
07-09-2011, 10:14 PM
1pt e/w on Bingham for the 2012 worlds at 125/1 with BlueSq

Flat Noodle
10-09-2011, 04:07 PM
3pts Selby to win at 7/1
2pts Williams to win at 10/1
1pt e/w Allen to win at 28/1
0.5pts e/w on Mark Davis to win at 150/1
Looking like Selby v Williams final. Nice one mate :p

Finbar
10-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Smug :D

Looking like Selby v Williams final. Nice one mate :p

Finbar
21-10-2011, 02:25 AM
Apollobet offering lots of snooker markets which others aren't, especially on the PTC events

They have Ronnie to get the highest break in his match against Mehta at 1.61, great bet!

Allen to get the highest break vs Paul Davison at 1.73

Join from the banner here http://www.snookerbacker.com/2011/10/19/ptc-8-the-alex-higgins-international-trophy-preview/#commentsand get your first £20 bet matched, B365 stream matches from 1 table, I think Ronnie's game is going to be one of them

4pts Ronnie to have highest break in his match at 1.61
3pts Allen to have highest break in his match at 1.73

Finbar
22-10-2011, 06:26 AM
Both hosed up

Today's bets

3pts Murphy to have highest break vs Steve Davis 1.73
3pts Trump to have highest break vs Wicheard 1.67

Finbar
23-10-2011, 06:53 AM
Well all 4 of the highest break bets won, so today am going for the same bet, established break builder against someone who tends to grind

3pt win, Higgins to have top break versus Greene at 1.61

Snooker betting going very well at the mo :D

Flat Noodle
23-10-2011, 07:36 AM
Tempted to open an account with Apollobet so I can tail all these gems :rolleyes:

Finbar
23-10-2011, 07:55 AM
Well there are 4 more PTC comps this year and they might well offer the same bet for other qualifying comps, does seem to be a good bet but I expect as soon as you open an account it'll all go pear shaped :D

Make sure you get a £20 free bet if you do join up

Higgins game starts in an hour (if I've got my times right) and is on B365 as long as you have more than $0 in your account (you don't need to put any money on it with B365, just have a funded account)

Finbar
01-11-2011, 10:21 PM
World Seniors starts on Saturday, not one to go mad on as the matches are best of 3, however a great case can be made for Nigel Bond.

The draw is very very top heavy, Davis, Drago, Parrott and White are all there leaving the bottom half very easy by comparison.

Bond has also won an event under a shot clock so that won't phase him, many of the older players will struggle big time with that.

Bond has Dennis Taylor first up, these days Dennis can barely make a break in double figures, has never played under a shot clock, Bond should win that 2-0 which is a very good even money shot in my view.

Then he plays the winner of Thorburn and Mountjoy, so almost certainly Thorburn, again he shouldn't have too many problems here as Cliff was never a heavy scorer and will struggle with the shotclock.

His semi will probably be the winner of Wilkinson vs Morgan, Darren Morgan is still a very decent player so worth a cover bet.

4pts on Nigel Bond to win the Seniors WC with Ladbrokes at 7/2
2pts on Darren Morgan to win the Seniors WC with Ladbrokes at 10/1
2pts on Bond to beat Taylor 2-0 with SJ

Jimmy White v Tony Knowles
John Parrot v Jo Johnson
Tony Drago v Steve Davis
Dene O'Kane v Neil Foulds

Cliff Thorburn v Doug Mountjoy
Nigel Bond v Dennis Taylor
Karl Townsend v Steve Ventham
Gary Wilkinson v Darren Morgan

jobiinthelastmi
01-11-2011, 10:28 PM
World Seniors starts on Saturday, not one to go mad on as the matches are best of 3, however a great case can be made for Nigel Bond.

The draw is very very top heavy, Davis, Drago, Parrott and White are all there leaving the bottom half very easy by comparison.

Bond has also won an event under a shot clock so that won't phase him, many of the older players will struggle big time with that.

Bond has Dennis Taylor first up, these days Dennis can barely make a break in double figures, has never played under a shot clock, Bond should win that 2-0 which is a very good even money shot in my view.

Then he plays the winner of Thorburn and Mountjoy, so almost certainly Thorburn, again he shouldn't have too many problems here as Cliff was never a heavy scorer and will struggle with the shotclock.

His semi will probably be the winner of Wilkinson vs Morgan, Darren Morgan is still a very decent player so worth a cover bet.

4pts on Nigel Bond to win the Seniors WC with Ladbrokes at 7/2
2pts on Bond to beat Taylor 2-0 with SJ

Jimmy White v Tony Knowles
John Parrot v Jo Johnson
Tony Drago v Steve Davis
Dene O'Kane v Neil Foulds

Cliff Thorburn v Doug Mountjoy
Nigel Bond v Dennis Taylor
Karl Townsend v Steve Ventham
Gary Wilkinson v Darren Morgan

Jimmy should walk that competition, he's about the only one except Davis and Bond that can still make regular breaks over 50

Finbar
01-11-2011, 10:37 PM
Jimmy no better than Drago, Davis or Bond these days and with it best of 3 any of those could beat any of those on their day, if he wins it won't be in a stroll.

The fact Bond can't meet Drago, Davis or Jimmy till the final makes him the bet I reckon.

jobiinthelastmi
01-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Jimmy no better than Drago, Davis or Bond these days and with it best of 3 any of those could beat any of those on their day, if he wins it won't be in a stroll.

The fact Bond can't meet Drago, Davis or Jimmy till the final makes him the bet I reckon.

Drago? He's bloody terrible :D

I saw Jimmy play Taylor last year and he knocked in 3 century breaks pretty easily to be fair.

Finbar
01-11-2011, 10:46 PM
How dare you, that's my snooker hero you're questioning there :lux:

He has about as bad a draw as you can have though

He's actually not declined much at all in his ability, just others around him, especially in his ranking bracket, have got a lot stronger. I would fancy the winner of him and Davis to make the final though I suspect Davis will win their match

Anyway, the important point is that Bond to beat Taylor 2-0 is a mortgage job :p

Bigtoe82
01-11-2011, 11:06 PM
What site are you betting the Bond/Taylor match Finbar? What time is it tomorrow?

Finbar
01-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Stan James are even money, everyone else are 1.8, expect more prices will come out nearer the event as it's not on till Saturday night.

Says 7pm but if they play it in order it probably won't be till nearer 9pm, suspect it'll be streamed on Bet365 but not certain yet

http://www.oddschecker.com/other-sports/snooker/world-seniors-championship/nigel-bond-v-dennis-taylor/correct-score

Finbar
01-11-2011, 11:14 PM
Just seen it's live on Sky Sports 4 so won't be on Bet365 I suspect

Finbar
02-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Just been told it's a random draw after each round, very annoying if true

cpfc4evandeva
02-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Bond is 1.22 on B365 :eek:

jobiinthelastmi
06-11-2011, 10:24 AM
:p How dare you, that's my snooker hero you're questioning there :lux:

He has about as bad a draw as you can have though

He's actually not declined much at all in his ability, just others around him, especially in his ranking bracket, have got a lot stronger. I would fancy the winner of him and Davis to make the final though I suspect Davis will win their match

Anyway, the important point is that Bond to beat Taylor 2-0 is a mortgage job :p

Well you've just lost your house as Taylor beat him 2-0 :lux: :lux: :lux:

Jimmy went through easily as I predicted. It's him or Davis to win it. But Jimmy probably will :p

Finbar
06-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Not good!!

I can't believe how poor Bond was, he said before it felt odd being tournament favourite for the first time in his career and he looked very nervous. That said I did underestimate the impact playing the legends tour would have on Dennis's games.

Jimmy did look good though I agree, mind you no one looked better than Darren Morgan, long potting was very very good and his control of the white was that of a regular tour player, no question.

Today I fancy Morgan to beat Thorburn (who was awful last night) 2-0 at 1.8 and am toying with Jimmy to beat Taylor 2-0 at evens (both best prices with VC Bet).

2pts Darren Morgan to beat Cliff Thorburn 2-0 at 4/5 with VC Bet

Finbar
06-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Darren Morgan wins 2-0 vs Thorburn :)

Then duffs up Jimmy 2-0, now has Davis in the final, come on Darren!!

Finbar
06-11-2011, 10:11 PM
:lux: :lux: :lux:

Flat Noodle
06-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Did back Morgan to win the whole thing last night @ 4.5 on Betfair!

Thanks mate. :p

Flat Noodle
06-11-2011, 10:12 PM
:lux: :lux: :lux:
Snooker Master :love:

Finbar
06-11-2011, 10:13 PM
My pleasure :p

He said he has no intention of playing seriously again, he would certainly hold his own against most pros outside of the top 16

Right, UK qualifiers got underway yesterday, will look at that later on today :)

Finbar
13-11-2011, 09:06 AM
My feelings that Apollobet are overpricing their high break markets seem to be borne out by Sportingbet on the Higgins match

Higgins highest break 1.36 with Sportingbet, 1.57 with Apollobet
Dunn highest break 3.0 with Sportingbet, 2.37 with Apollobet

Massive difference

Funnily enough though not one I like that much as Dunne can score well on his day, prefer Stevens at 1.61 in his match

Apollobet offering lots of snooker markets which others aren't, especially on the PTC events

They have Ronnie to get the highest break in his match against Mehta at 1.61, great bet!

Finbar
24-11-2011, 11:53 PM
Great bet on the snooker tomorrow morning, Jamie Cope is struggling this year big time, having health issues which may explain his dramatic loss of form. He's playing one of the many young chinese players, all of whom are good, Yu Delu, he's an out and out potter and breakbuilder who should get plenty of chances, starts 10am UK Time

3pts Delu to beat Cope at 2.38 with Paddy Power (or William Hills)

Also there is one player coming through who if he carries on as he is is going to be massive. Michael White, young and pots as well as Trump, he just beat another player who looks like he might well make it big, Xiao Guodong 5-2, after the match even Jan Verhaas said to him 'outstanding performance', barely missed a ball and knocked in a couple of centuries on the way. After that performance bookies may latch onto him (he was 2.15 best price for that match). He plays Mark Davis (very very solid player) tomorrow night, no prices out yet but if he's anything like 2.5 then worth a bet.

His current ranking is 65, by the time the World Champs qualifying comes round I hope he'll be top 48, giving him 2 matches to win before he gets in. There are only a couple of players who can beat him over such a distance I reckon and if he gets to the worlds he might play with the reckless abandon the way Trump did this year. Certainly worth a dabble e/w (only first 2 but half odds) at 250/1

Michael White to win the World Champs, 0.5pts e/w at 250/1 (sportingbet, BlueSq, or VC Bet)

Flat Noodle
25-11-2011, 12:14 AM
Don't bother with BlueSq ;)

Finbar
25-11-2011, 12:22 AM
I think the fact you opened an account from Aus was the reason they were so poor, don't get me wrong though, it was ridiculous behaviour

Finbar
25-11-2011, 10:58 PM
Great bet on the snooker tomorrow morning, Jamie Cope is struggling this year big time, having health issues which may explain his dramatic loss of form. He's playing one of the many young chinese players, all of whom are good, Yu Delu, he's an out and out potter and breakbuilder who should get plenty of chances, starts 10am UK Time

3pts Delu to beat Cope at 2.38 with Paddy Power (or William Hills)

Delu beats Cope 5-3 :)

Flat Noodle
26-11-2011, 01:52 AM
SM :lux:

Finbar
27-11-2011, 11:47 PM
PTC12 starts today, all matches best of 7

For the first round matches there are a few standout bets

Jamie Cope as above is struggling big time at the moment, he's playing Adam Wicheard who has been pretty decent of late, Cope is a confidence player and right now has none. Happy to take the 2.62 with Paddy Power on Cope's woes continueing

Wicheard to beat Cope, 2pts at 13/8 with Paddy Power
Not before 1pm Monday afternoon UK time

Another who is struggling is Barry Pinches, most bookies have Wattana (playing well at the moment, beat Hendry 5-1 on Friday to qualify for the German masters) as a 1.5-1.62 fav in this, Apollobet have him at 1.73 which I think is a great price

Wattana to beat Pinches, 4pts at 1.73 with Apollobet
9am Tues Morning UK time

Robert Milkins is also having a fine time of it of late, looked like qualifying for German Masters before Joe Perry turned in a great performance after beating Steve Davis who is playing well. He's playing Dave Harold who is only capable of putting dogged hard fought wins these days, rarely winning in 1 visit which Milkins is doing very regularly. Can see Milkins winning this very comfortably

Milkins to beat Harold, 3pts at 1.57 with Boylesports or PP
9am Tues Morning UK time

Stephen Maguire hates PTC events, especially those with no audience like this one. He's playing Anda Zhang, a young chinese player who is very solid in the balls, certainly can see Maguire not caring whether he wins or loses and if he goes a frame down he as good as packs it in

Zhang to beat Maguire, 2pts at 3.4 with Paddy Power or B365
9am Monday morning UK time

Flat Noodle
29-11-2011, 11:15 AM
:sob:

Finbar
29-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Agony, stupid PTCs :(

Beckenham Boy
05-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Dale playing well and Trump not doing it at the mo (his safety is awful). Quite fancy Dale in this but know Trump will come out blazing soon, tempted tho. 3/1 available in play...

Beckenham Boy
05-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Taken it (maybe folly but let's see)

Finbar
05-12-2011, 01:36 PM
6.2 on Betfair, I've had a dabble on Dale but am not having a good time of it this week, hence not put any up yet. Do fancy Stevens (vs Ding who was very very average and Stevens was superb) and Dott (vs Robertson and in fairness both of them were brilliant but Dott is odds against and was probably the better of the two in the 1st round)

Also think Dott is massive at 40.0 on Betfair to win the whole thing, he really was superb, has a very nasty draw though

Will tott up the profit and loss of this thread at the end of the year, will be well in profit (well I think it will anyway)

Also have Allen -2.5 to beat Gunnell at 2.04 on Betfair, Allen 2-1 up

After 4hrs sleep on Saturday and about 3 1/2hrs last night I think I'll just find out the results in the morning, have put in a couple of lays in case either one trades short then loses

I will be putting Stevens up tomorrow, think he's a cracking bet at 7/4 vs Ding

Beckenham Boy
05-12-2011, 02:51 PM
How the hell did Trump win the 7th???????

Finbar
05-12-2011, 11:22 PM
Profit on the night which makes a nice change from recent results!!

ozeagle
06-12-2011, 03:12 AM
Recent?

Finbar
06-12-2011, 04:08 AM
Oz, this is a winning thread (so far at least), tott up the results from the start of it and you'll see, the fact that each tip has a price and a stake applied to it makes it black and white, don't remember seeing your tips ever presented in such a way, I think you lack my confidence maybe :)

Flat Noodle
06-12-2011, 04:30 AM
Wicheard to beat Cope, 2pts at 13/8 with Paddy Power

Wattana to beat Pinches, 4pts at 1.73 with Apollobet

Milkins to beat Harold, 3pts at 1.57 with Boylesports or PP

Zhang to beat Maguire, 2pts at 3.4 with Paddy Power or B365

That's -11 pts there :sob:

Finbar
06-12-2011, 04:35 AM
Yep, like I said overall profit, I'll tott it up at some point and post up the evidence, like I said it's black and white :)

Finbar
06-12-2011, 04:46 AM
At £10 a point (which I think is what I indicated each point was meant to represent) am showing a profit of £424.90

Like I said, it's black and white and it's in profit

Not every bet is going to win, losing runs are inevitable, the important thing being that the winners profit outdoes the losers losses which is the case :)

So Oz, in answer to your question, yes, recent.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-gOQC7YgrG2Q/Tt2deheJ1fI/AAAAAAAAAVA/o5JBpI0xufE/s512/Screen%252520shot%2525202011-12-06%252520at%25252014.44.46.png

Finbar
06-12-2011, 05:12 AM
Anyway onto matters at hand. 14 of the 16 favourites made it through to the 2nd round making for some mouthwatering ties.

Ronnie vs Trump
Tie of the round, Ronnie looks very short to me at 1.5 top price, however I think there is one standout bet. Both players are very very heavy scorers in the balls, both (especially Judd) will attack so I can easily see a 50 break per frame, so this bet looks great to me

Ronnie vs Trump, over 6.5 50 breaks, 4pts at 1.67 with Paddy Power

Ding vs Stevens
Ding scraped through his opener 6-5 playing very poorly, should have been 3-0 down but for Davis (Mark) missing a sitter. In contrast Matthew Stevens was on fire against Campbell, knocking in a 136 and a 140 in the process.

Ding is top priced 1.53 and Stevens 2.75, am going to have a very decent bet on Stevens

Also considering it's likely to be close and the fact they're also heavy scorers am very surprised to see the odds for over 6.5 50 breaks

Stevens to beat Ding, 3pts at 2.75 with Boylesports

Ding vs Stevens Over 6.5 50 breaks, 3pts at 2.2 with Paddy Power

Dott vs Robertson
Both very good in their first round matches, Dott arguably the better and seems in great nick this week, he knocked in a 117 in round 1 and think he's certainly the pick at the prices

Dott to beat Robertson, 2pts 2.8 with Betfair

John Higgins vs Stephen Maguire
Very good friends and practice partners, Maguire seemed strong against Hendry and Higgins very average against McLeod, I can't see either player running away with this one and fancy it to finish 6-4 or 6-5

Higgins vs Maguire over 9.5 frames, 2pts at 2.2 with William Hills

Tomorrow's games

Mark Allen vs Ali Carter

Carter was shocking in beating Milkins who should have gone 4-2 up but when he missed a very easy yellow he fell apart. Allen was solid and superb in the balls against Gunnell and I think will win this at a canter

Allen to beat Carter, 5pts at 1.83 with SJ (stand out price which may not last)

Sean Murphy vs Martin Gould

Gould seems to be potting very well, but he is a very one dimensional player though who has no B game. Murphy seems to be playing ok but I can see this one being close

Murphy vs Gould to be over 9.5 frames, 2pts at 2.0 with Bet365

Williams vs Walden

Am not convinced by William's form at the moment, didn't see the match last night but beating Joe Jogia 6-4 isn't great. Walden on the other hand seems in very good nick at the moment beating Stephen Lee last night

Walden to beat Williams, 2pts at 3.1 with Boylesports

Selby vs Fu

Fu was outplayed by Bingham in the first session, but came back strongly to beat Bingham 6-4, long potting seems much better than in the past. However Selby looked superb against a very very poor Day. Hard to assess that form as he was put under no pressure at all, however I still think Fu won't be able to win frames in 1 visit which is what he'll need to do

Selby -2.5 to beat Fu, 2pts at 10/11 with William Hills

Looking at the outrights it does appear that the top half of the draw (here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_World_Snooker_Championship) is very much where the form players are, I still think that Dott has been as impressive as anyone and 40.0 on Betfair is crazy

Dott to win the UK Champs, 2pts at 40.0 with Betfair

Selby looks by far the form player in the bottom half so happy to back him at 11/2

Selby to win the UK Champs, 3pts at 6.5 with SJ

Flat Noodle
06-12-2011, 05:14 AM
At £10 a point (which I think is what I indicated each point was meant to represent) am showing a profit of £424.90

Like I said, it's black and white and it's in profit

Not every bet is going to win, losing runs are inevitable, the important thing being that the winners profit outdoes the losers losses which is the case :)

So Oz, in answer to your question, yes, recent.
SM :p

Finbar
06-12-2011, 01:18 PM
ffs Judd loses frame 1 on the black, Ding hits a 49 and Ronnie hits a 47...one of those nights?

Finbar
06-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Nice, 7 50s in the Ronnie match after 8 frames

Finbar
06-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Ding vs Stevens

Stevens to beat Ding, 3pts at 2.75 with Boylesports

Ding vs Stevens Over 6.5 50 breaks, 3pts at 2.2 with Paddy Power

8 50s in the end but Stevens lost the decider having hit 1.21 in running when he missed a black off the spot :grrr:

Profitable evening all the same :)

Finbar
14-12-2011, 01:35 AM
8pts profit on the singles bets, offset by 4pts loss on the outrights

Still takes 2011 snooker profit to £465.20 (going on £10 to 1pt) profit

Beckenham Boy
13-01-2012, 12:07 PM
Finbar - thoughts on The Masters?

Judd at 13/2 to win has to be a value bet?

12's on Maguire to reach the final has me interested too after a win in the last Players Tour event although starting against Mark Williams, then facing Robertson or Allen....

Williams v Maguire - Maguire at 6/4 and Maguire +1.5 at evs look good

Some great 1st round matches - Ronnie v Ding, Robertson v Allen and Carter v Dott all cracking matches that could go either way

Finbar
13-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Yep can't wait for it to start, really hoping that Ally Pally works as a venue. Surprised not to hear any speculation that if it does then the worlds will move there, think it's only a matter of time before Barry tries to move it to a bigger venue, Crucible while wonderful is just tiny.

Stand out bet of the 1st round is Dott to beat Carter. Carter having all sorts of woes at the moment, believe there is an article on the BBC website about it, he's also having a poor year formwise. Dott on the other hand is consistent and playing well, would have expected him to be 4/7 or so for this match but he was odds against (11/10 with SJ) earlier in the week and you can get evens still at VCbet

5pts Dott to beat Carter

Outright is tricky to say the least, so many possible winners, personally am going to ignore all the top half. Trump won the UKs at a canter without ever really firing, might mean he has more up his sleeve yes but his draw is not great, even his first round is a tricky one against Bingham, who admittedly isn't in the form he was earlier in the year but may be timing his form for the most important time of the season

Bottom half of the draw is far kinder

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Masters_(snooker)

I think it's worth siding with Selby, never plays a bad match and even when not flying has the game to beat most. There are no easy draws here but his is about as kind as they come

I agree Maguire is a big price against Williams and will join you in that bet, not sure he has enough to go the whole way though.

Lots of offers to look out for

Apollobet refunding all outrights if Trump wins (they really are the best snooker bookie out there)
PP refunding any losing singles if a century is made in the final frame (in some matches I reckon that means up to a 20% chance of your money back, not bad)

Mark Selby to win the masters, 3pts at 6/1 with Apollobet, refunded if Trump wins

Also will back Dott whom I hope can win his 1/4 and play Selby in the semi

2pts on Dott to win the Masters at 34.0 with Betfair

4pts Selby to win his 1/4 at 11/10 with Skybet

3pts Dott to win his 1/4 at 18/5 with Boylesports

2pts Gould to beat Murphy at 7/4 with Apollobet

2pts Maguire to beat Williams at 6/4 with Betfred

Finbar
13-01-2012, 10:38 PM
that Carter article

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/snooker/16494226.stm

Beckenham Boy
16-01-2012, 09:37 AM
Worst possible start for Maguire, never gave himself a chance going 4-0 down in a first to 6 game. Fought back well but the start killed him

Beckenham Boy
16-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Stuart Bingham at +2.5 v Judd at 1.65 on Bwin is interesting. Judd sometimes starts slow.

Finbar
16-01-2012, 10:28 AM
I thought Trump might be a fair bit shorter than 1.44, am very tempted to back him on the handicap. Bingham not been firing of late and Judd seems very comfortable with his growing reputation. I think Bingham will bounce back in the next month or two in time for the Worlds (he needs to as I've backed him at 125/1) but not yet. If Trumps ups his game from the UKs as he is capable of doing then he may well steamroller Bingo

Trump -1.5 is 1.85 with Apollo, lumping on that, great price, pretty much 1.73 bestprice elsewhere (unless you have an account with Corbettbet who are 1.8)

They also have Trump highest break at 1.67 which I like as well, very heavy scorer, Bingham capable but seems an attractive price to me

Trump -1.5 to beat Bingham, 4pts at 1.85 with Apollobet
Trump highest break, 2pts at 1.67 with Apollobet

Maguire was unlucky, should have won frame 1 and could easily have won 2 of the next 3 as well. Williams still not impressing me at the moment, one to take on

Finbar
16-01-2012, 01:24 PM
How is Trump losing 2-1??? Time to top up, Bingham not cueing well, so many pots have barely made it in whereas Trump looks in much better nick, 1.75 a great price

Beckenham Boy
16-01-2012, 01:24 PM
C'mon Bingham 2-1 up - just need 2 more frames for my bet to win

Finbar
16-01-2012, 01:26 PM
I'm still confident Trump will win 6-2 or 6-3 :)

Beckenham Boy
16-01-2012, 01:26 PM
I know you are! I'm just hoping!!!

Finbar
16-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Stop showboating Judd and take the points available!! VC set their high break under / over at 108, you would not be happy with Judd there if you were on the overs! Always a risk with him and Ronnie though

foxinthebox
16-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Stop showboating Judd and take the points available!! VC set their high break under / over at 108, you would not be happy with Judd there if you were on the overs! Always a risk with him and Ronnie though

Are you a pro punter Finbar or just do it for fun/hobby? seem to post mainly on it

do you make money?

Finbar
16-01-2012, 01:47 PM
nope, not a pro, I do well on darts and snooker and since I've all but stopped betting on football am doing a lot better! Every year or so I try my hand at pre-event trading before getting bored but am still sure I can make that turn a significant profit

Very much a hobby but the good streaks seem to very much outweigh the bad. Recently though am being more selective with my bets which has always been my downfall. Mind you if Dott loses on Wednesday night that will hurt my finances significantly, am concerned by the number of shrewd snooker bettors who have backed him as it always goes tits up when that happens!

Always happy to share my opinion though, and when it comes to snooker I always have an opinion :)

Beckenham Boy
16-01-2012, 02:04 PM
3-2 to the Bing...

foxinthebox
16-01-2012, 02:05 PM
nope, not a pro, I do well on darts and snooker and since I've all but stopped betting on football am doing a lot better! Every year or so I try my hand at pre-event trading before getting bored but am still sure I can make that turn a significant profit

Very much a hobby but the good streaks seem to very much outweigh the bad. Recently though am being more selective with my bets which has always been my downfall. Mind you if Dott loses on Wednesday night that will hurt my finances significantly, am concerned by the number of shrewd snooker bettors who have backed him as it always goes tits up when that happens!

Always happy to share my opinion though, and when it comes to snooker I always have an opinion :)

im the same as you, except football is my mainstay. that and tennis match betting.

I am also trying a new thing at the moment of selecting 2 bets every day, my best bets - Stake always £10. Since Jan 1st. I am £134 in profit. nice when it goes well. im sure a stinking run is in the pipeline

foxinthebox
16-01-2012, 02:05 PM
trump 1.83. still value

Finbar
16-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Nice, discipline is always the hardest thing

Beckenham Boy
16-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Trump will win Fox, just hoping Bing will get 4 frames for my handicap bet

Beckenham Boy
16-01-2012, 02:07 PM
3.1 on Trump -1.5 good looking too - should win 6-3 or 6-4

Finbar
16-01-2012, 02:07 PM
trump 1.83. still value

Concerned Bingham may be playing his way into this now, not topping up again...well not yet anyway :)

I still think Trump will win with something in hand but maybe am not as confident as I was 10mins ago!

foxinthebox
16-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Trump will win Fox, just hoping Bing will get 4 frames for my handicap bet

yeah , you have every chance of that now. good selection before the match.

no in play betting for me at the moment. a review of that found out i wasnt that succesful as i always seemed to expect a comeback

Finbar
16-01-2012, 02:11 PM
now I'm concerned...

Beckenham Boy
16-01-2012, 02:12 PM
another Trump mistake, expect him to be on the black, but as not, expect him to pot the fairly simple pink

Finbar
16-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Missing that kiss was criminal, but his long potting is something else

Beckenham Boy
16-01-2012, 02:33 PM
He's flying now - 4-3 to Judd with a sweet 121 break

Cmon Bing, just 1 more for me please!

Finbar
16-01-2012, 02:35 PM
I'd take a 6-4 Trump now if it's any consolation!!

Beckenham Boy
16-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Always knew he would win, just wanted to beat the +2.5 handicap