PDA

View Full Version : Palace U18s v Chelsea U18s - Sat 16th April

Gazza2
15-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Our U18 play what is (I think) there final match of the season this Saturday at the training ground v Chelsea. Kick off is 11am.

Admission is free but you must show your season ticket.

Training ground is in Copers Cope rd, Beckenham. 10 mins drive from Selhurst Park.

Will sadly only be able to report on 1st half as got to shoot off to play cricket!

chatham_eagle
16-04-2011, 01:06 PM
Beat them 4-1 according to twitter.

Dingle
16-04-2011, 01:46 PM
:lux:

Awesome result (if true!) Now let's hope the first team can pull off a similar scoreline.

EDIT: It is true! Kaddel Daniel scored according to CPFC facebook.

Woosie
16-04-2011, 06:41 PM
Beat them 4-1 according to twitter.

:lux: f*cking brilliant!

Gazza2
18-04-2011, 07:04 AM
I watched first half only as had to shoot off to play cricket.
Team was
GK Fitzsimons
RB Caprice
LB ?
CB Innis
CB Wynter
RM Taylor
LM Daniel
CM Sow
AM De Silva
AM Boles
CF Sekajja

Best performance for ages. Palace threatened from start. Chelsea played it around nicely but no cutting edge as Palace centre backs well on top.
2-1 at HT. Sekajja tap in after keeper spilled Boles shot. Sekajja put thru and slotted under keeper for the 2nd. Chels scored pen in first half inj time after shirt pull by, I think, Innis.
Caprice excellent at RB. Always good on ball but learning fast about def side of game. Sekajja threat thru out & best player on pitch. All of Palace side had decent first halfs. I think Daniel scored in 2nd half but not sure who got the other goal.

Nice to see Dan Pringle there cheering on his ex team mates.

Think they have one final game to play away from home this coming Sat.

Nelson Muntz
18-04-2011, 07:36 AM
http://www.chelseafc.com/page/TheAcademyNews/0,,10268~2340693,00.html

Ruskin Old Boy
27-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Nice write-up in the Standard, couldn't help but highlight one sentence:

Crystal Palace's kids showed what fine prospects they are by thrashing FA Youth Cup semi-finalists Chelsea 4-1 in an Academy League clash recently.

Chelsea's website described Palace's side as 'strong', suggesting they fielded a weakened side even though eight members of the team that reached the Youth Cup semi-finals were on show.

Palace even included two of their Under-16s and an Under-15 starlet.

Palace have nothing like the financial clout of Chelsea, who go worldwide for youth development, but the Eagles (http://www.cpfc.org/standard/related-8510-crystal-palace-fc.do) continue to punch way above their weight in spotting local talent. The future's bright.

Gazza2
27-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Our U18s had no game last weekend. I think they play their final fixture this Sat away at Brum

Sp1Eagle
07-05-2011, 02:43 PM
xeQfqBhT-AM