PDA

View Full Version : #BoycottQPR on twitter.

Kidofwonder
26-07-2011, 02:35 PM
their price list has come out, and **** me its expensive. thoughts?

Sp1Eagle
26-07-2011, 02:36 PM
50 minimum. **** that.

TomEagle
26-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Diddums.

Kidofwonder
26-07-2011, 02:37 PM
if we get them in the cup would you pay those prices?

TomEagle
26-07-2011, 02:39 PM
No way. Lets hope we get them at home if that happens.

I just find it extremely difficult to muster up any sympathy for QPR and their fans.

Kidofwonder
26-07-2011, 02:40 PM
No way. Lets hope we get them at home if that happens.

I just find it extremely difficult to muster up any sympathy for QPR and their fans.

I have no sympathy for QPR more for the away fans who are going to get screwed.

Absolution
26-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Ha.

TomEagle
26-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Yeah, but for the Away fans they can choose whether they want to attend that one match. The away fans that attend will surely be able to afford it to go. If they want to pay 50 to go to Loftus Road then that's their choice. I wouldn't though.

movingForward
26-07-2011, 02:44 PM
un-fcuking-lucky http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/25/qpr-fans-anger-ticket-prices

Jim Cannon
Football Club in milking fans shocker. Couldn't have happened to a nicer club

foxinthebox

there are surely thousands of fans who were ther elong before the money who are getting bullied into paying this for loving their club

friend of mine has stopped going, but still feels he wants to go and see them.

i have sympathy for their fans tbh

if it happened at palace id be gutted

Sp1Eagle
26-07-2011, 02:45 PM
I have sympathy for their fans but thats what happens when the money men come in.

movingForward
26-07-2011, 02:45 PM
warnock ur a ****, warnock warnock ur a ****....

mine a pint
26-07-2011, 02:48 PM
wonder how long he can keep his trap shut as the two nice men owning the nice little club have asked him to do

cpfcfan1
26-07-2011, 02:49 PM
upto 72 quid a ticket, holy shite!!

foxinthebox
its not even as if they are spending it investing in the team.

Danny Gabbidon
Kieron Dyer
Jay Bothroyd

...GOOD LUCK!!!

Sp1Eagle
warnock ur a ****, warnock warnock ur a ****....

Really?

foxinthebox
26-07-2011, 02:50 PM
wonder how long he can keep his trap shut as the two nice men owning the nice little club have asked him to do

true. tbf he will open it when he's gone no doubt. maybe another chapter in his book.

SEEPEEEFFSEE
26-07-2011, 02:54 PM
There are a few MASSIVE QPR twats who've come on here spouting off and given some of the decent hoops fans a bad name.
I personally think this is a disgrace and the fans should stage a mass non show to their games in protest.

Neckinger Eagle
26-07-2011, 02:55 PM
If they charge 50 to sit in that chicken coup of an away end then they really are taking the mickey.

SteveyHawking
26-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Who cares what other clubs charge their fans?

mine a pint
26-07-2011, 03:05 PM
You really get the feeling that the owners ? wouldn't care if no one turned up
they're just not football people

cross_eyed_ed
26-07-2011, 03:10 PM
I don't blame them for milking it to be honest. The established Premiership clubs with large away followings will see Loftus Road as a novelty ground to visit (and perhaps it will be the only season they get the opportunity to go for a while) and will probably fill the away end. Personally I wouldn't bother at those prices purely because I have been there before so many times. Those that have a problem with the pricing just won't bother going. They don't have to.

In fact I don't care what QPR do to be perfectly honest.

smileysmith
26-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Who cares what other clubs charge their fans?If it happens at other clubs, it can happen at yours.

I think the only option they have is boycott. What a terrible thing for a club to do to its lifeblood. :grrr:

AJ
26-07-2011, 03:17 PM
That equates to 1m in income for a crowd of 20K.

deftones_eagle
26-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Really is a massive p*ss take.

Jim Cannon
26-07-2011, 03:20 PM
its not even as if they are spending it investing in the team.

Danny Gabbidon
Kieron Dyer
Jay Bothroyd

...GOOD LUCK!!!
Yes but the ticket money will mean they can pay Dyer and Gabbidon when they are injured:D

foxinthebox
26-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Who cares what other clubs charge their fans?

me when they get relegated and i want to go watch QPR v Palace and the prices are still inflated!

Psychokiller
26-07-2011, 03:31 PM
This is ******* hilarious. Their fans were giving it large about being the richest club in the country with their investors but you need success on the pitch before you start charging those kind of prices.

adrenalin john
26-07-2011, 03:42 PM
I feel sorry for genuine QPR fans - they are being fleeced or priced out.

Compare and contrast with Fulham

brooklynlou
26-07-2011, 03:42 PM
This is ******* hilarious. Their fans were giving it large about being the richest club in the country with their investors but you need success on the pitch before you start charging those kind of prices.

Accordian to the Guardian, the big bone of contention is that season ticket holders do not have a membership as part of their season ticket purchase but need now to purchase it seperately. In effect doubling the cost of the season ticket.

Monstrously stupid on the part of QPR trying to milk as much money as they can from the poor sods that actually support them enough to buy a season ticket. I could imagine them doing this to first time st purchasers, but those people that have been buying a st for years should be given some kind of preferred status. Whatever money the club makes will be from TV, not that rinky dink stadium of theirs.

ChristalPalace
26-07-2011, 03:47 PM
if we get them in the cup would you pay those prices?

Not in a million years. Went to that dump three times in the last two years (I was at the turnstiles for the first game in 09/10 that was called off at 7pm because their piss-poor pitch can't handle a bit of rain), but I'm certainly not going again if I have to pay that.

Pistol Knight
26-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Its a noiseless souless place anyway, the owners dont care if nobody turns up, they have the Sky money for 3-4yrs

SpikeyMatt
26-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Not sure I'd be overly happy at paying 50+ to see a strike partnership of Heidar Helguson and Danny Webber, ably supported by Danny Gabbidon and Matt Connolly at the back.

saxoneagle
26-07-2011, 04:34 PM

Well, do you have sympathy for Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpoo, Spudz, Citeh and Manure wankers? I hope not and that is over 25% of QPR's home matches.

Add in twats like Wolves, Wigan will only take 10 people, "big club" Newcastle who will sell 10 million tickets as they have the best fans in the world...

All of a sudden, you have half the Prem teams... how much sympathy do you have again? ;)

AddiscombeCPFC
26-07-2011, 06:26 PM
I don't know why there are so many smug posts taking delight at the way QPR fans are being mugged off. I don't like them at all, but this is not good for football in general and just shows how thousands of fans can suffer and have their club taken away from them, as mega rich owners treat their new clubs as their latest play thing - with absolutely no regard for the fans, history or tradition of the club.

It's disgraceful and if I were a QPR fan, I'd be doing all I could to get these c*nts out of my football club.

Pistol Knight
26-07-2011, 06:53 PM
The smugness comes from their gobby attitude this time last year saying how they were so rich, yeah it comes at a cost, have you not noticed how so few of them have been on this year..................they wouldnt dare come on here and ask for our sympathy, they got all they deserved, and long may it continue, relegation with 8 points would be ok with me :)

Nth Kent Eagle
26-07-2011, 07:08 PM
QPR have a minority of fans who are morons. Yet most are quite reasonable fans who have stuck by their teams through the bad years. Quite honestly I would not want to give my money to a Board that rips people off. I did not go to Ipswich last year because of the rip off prices.

Pistol Knight
26-07-2011, 07:14 PM
And although I would love to go to West Ham this year at 41 I may well give it a miss

Tom's Old Man
26-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Personally I find all this price-hiking frightening. Joe public simply cannot afford this sort of money on a regular basis just to watch the game, let alone other the other matchday costs.

Pistol Knight
26-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Personally I find all this price-hiking frightening. Joe public simply cannot afford this sort of money on a regular basis just to watch the game, let alone other the other matchday costs.

So everyone subscribes to sky!!! looks like the cheap alterative

AddiscombeCPFC
26-07-2011, 07:31 PM
The smugness comes from their gobby attitude this time last year saying how they were so rich, yeah it comes at a cost, have you not noticed how so few of them have been on this year..................they wouldnt dare come on here and ask for our sympathy, they got all they deserved, and long may it continue, relegation with 8 points would be ok with me :)

I'm guessing you are basing this on your experience of the handful of QPR twats you have encountered on the BBS? I really dont think 4 or 5 wind up twats you come accross on the internet are representitive of the thousands of QPR fans that are effected by this.

Like I say, I dislike QPR as a London rival and don't have any affinity with them, but this is bad for football fans in general - and if it could happen to a club like QPR, it could quite easily happen to Palace. There really needs to be some kind of regulations and measures put in place for this kind of thing happening.

Pistol Knight
26-07-2011, 07:32 PM
see post above :)

Tom's Old Man
26-07-2011, 08:20 PM
So everyone subscribes to sky!!! looks like the cheap alterative
I don't have sky, I'd rather go to watch non-league football. Plenty on offer in the local area.

EGEagle93
26-07-2011, 08:28 PM
What sort of deranged person will pay a minimum of 50 to watch the pooperhoops get humped week in week out, lifeless souless lego kit of a ground the owners just don't care about the fans all they want is the money and will keep milking it.

Ardent
26-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Just feel grateful we are owned by football supporters and not foreign glory (or profit) hunters.

TomEagle
26-07-2011, 09:08 PM
QPR have a minority of fans who areN'T morons....

EFA

Woosie
26-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Obviously Briatore and Mittal are just milking the club for everything they can, and if QPR get relegated, they will take the money they have made from the club and run.

DaveTuttles
26-07-2011, 09:56 PM
Altogether now.... Q P R Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Gosling
26-07-2011, 10:09 PM
I'll laugh loud, long and hard at QPR getting humiliated regularly and their owners realising that they can't pay anybody enough money to take over from Warnock because any manager with a brain knows the club is a poisoned chalice. While this situation continues, may the thumpings come regularly for them.

However, I won't find any humour in the club being taken to the cleaners when their owners realising what a deep latrine they've dug for themselves and they bugger off, leaving the club with no infrastructure and massive and increasing debts. There but for the grace of God go we.

Aaroncpfc
27-07-2011, 05:24 PM
:D

They're paying all that money just to see Adel Taarabt.

the digger
27-07-2011, 05:37 PM
I have 2 QPR supporting mates who are both reasonable people. Neither are planning to go to a game this season or to go back when they are relegated unless there is a change of ownership, regardless of a reduction in ticket prices.

brooklynlou
27-07-2011, 05:43 PM

And Warnock. Neil is quite entertaining as well :-)

Johnnieboy
27-07-2011, 05:46 PM
How much are the pies going to be?

ExiledStirling
27-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Nice to see that the owners have a real feel for the club and its supporters and do not just see the club as a cash cow.

Personally think we should start a fund 'Let a QPR fan attend a game'.

It will look like a truly altruistic gesture on our part, but actually it will be to make sure they suffer embarrassing defeat upon embarrassing defeat before returning to the championship.

Jim Cannon
27-07-2011, 06:03 PM

I'd imagine he's really happy he is still there and won't cause any trouble either

joe walker
27-07-2011, 06:06 PM
There's no way this will work, surely?

They might sell out the corporate bit regardless as a Prem side, but besides that there will surely be mass boycotts and protests, right?

Right?!

ChristalPalace
27-07-2011, 06:11 PM
There's no way this will work, surely?

They might sell out the corporate bit regardless as a Prem side, but besides that there will surely be mass boycotts and protests, right?

Right?!

When they play the likes of Wigan, the place will be half-empty. When they face Man Utd and Chelsea, it'll be packed to the rafters.

Jim Cannon
27-07-2011, 06:22 PM
When they face Man Utd and Chelsea, it'll be packed to the rafters.
Easy games to get to for away fans of course

Tom's Old Man
31-07-2011, 08:32 PM
When they play the likes of Wigan, the place will be half-empty. When they face Man Utd and Chelsea, it'll be packed to the rafters.
It will indeed.