PDA

View Full Version : Academys protest

Kidofwonder
20-10-2011, 07:12 PM
thought it would be good to have a thread in here, so fans of other clubs can share what they are proposing to do in protest,

so Brighton,Millwall,Clownns,I know we've got some southampton,Doncaster and Bristol City on here too

any plans from your fans?

ffsear
20-10-2011, 07:26 PM
link some threads to your own forums pls

DerbyGull27
20-10-2011, 07:33 PM
The devil runs the premier league :p

Heb 7:4
20-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Brighton voted in favour of the change

You should be ashamed.

Stellavista
20-10-2011, 08:09 PM

And your owner is a ****, so what's new?

andy1980
20-10-2011, 08:40 PM

You should be ashamed.
how do you know that?

andy1980
20-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Just seen the Andy Naylor tweet. I guess it will be explained tomorrow in the paper.

andy1980
20-10-2011, 08:49 PM
What did the palace lot do and how do you know?

andy1980
20-10-2011, 08:49 PM
What did the palace lot do andhow do you know?

PeterH
20-10-2011, 08:50 PM
We voted against.

andy1980
20-10-2011, 09:04 PM
I've just seen it on the general discussion board. Does anyone know the ins and out of this or just what has been said?

Jim Cannon
20-10-2011, 09:11 PM
I've just seen it on the general discussion board. Does anyone know the ins and out of this or just what has been said?

Basically under the new rules the 72 Football League clubs have voted in favour of getting the princely sum of £72K a year. In return Prem clubs will be able to poach all your best youngsters for laughable amounts of cash, and nothing you can do about it. Genius.

eagle mart
20-10-2011, 09:16 PM
We'd be getting that 72K regardless. However, scudamore threatened to stop it unless the FL caved in. He blackmailed the small clubs to agree.

Jim Cannon
20-10-2011, 09:19 PM
We'd be getting that 72K regardless. However, scudamore threatened to stop it unless the FL caved in. He blackmailed the small clubs to agree.
Yes, but they had to vote in favour to STILL get the money didn't they? If they vetoed it they would have lost it, that's the point.

smileysmith
20-10-2011, 09:27 PM
I'm just going to post this here for the away fans in the hope that they see the sense.

Don't get me wrong, I think protests etc are good too, but the basic must be done first.

I hope people understand the one thing they can do that will truely make a difference ...

CANCEL YOUR SKY SPORTS SUBSCRIPTION.

The only way to hit back at the Premier League and those that think they can get away with this because we do not matter, is to hit them financially.

The only way to hit them financially is force Sky to pay them less for TV rights.

The only way to do this is to stop paying to watch their football.

andy1980
20-10-2011, 09:31 PM
It doesn't really make sense. I think its all about adpting to it now, from what I can see, its up to the age of 16, So its about the best 17 year old plus players you can get now, I guess.

dannyb1
20-10-2011, 09:35 PM
It doesn't really make sense. I think its all about adpting to it now, from what I can see, its up to the age of 16, So its about the best 17 year old plus players you can get now, I guess.

come on mate think about it your going on about building a new academy what would be the point if you can't nurture a young talent without premier league teams coming in and poaching them for peanuts..

andy1980
20-10-2011, 09:37 PM
come on mate think about it your going on about building a new academy what would be the point if you can't nurture a young talent without premier league teams coming in and poaching them for peanuts..
This is where adapting comes along, instead of youth academies it would have to be like Glenn Hoddle accademies.

Windsor_Eagle
20-10-2011, 09:56 PM
The point really is that it offers no incentive to produce talent. The only hope is that players heads don't get turned. Clubs like Palace may not be amongst the worst affected because we have some pedigree in youth production and players may well be aware of that. Clubs further down the food chain and those who are about to invest in an academy are the ones who will likely to wonder if they should bother with an academy at all.

Bad news for them, and bad news for football.

andy1980
20-10-2011, 10:00 PM
The point really is that it offers no incentive to produce talent. The only hope is that players heads don't get turned. Clubs like Palace may not be amongst the worst affected because we have some pedigree in youth production and players may well be aware of that. Clubs further down the food chain and those who are about to invest in an academy are the ones who will likely to wonder if they should bother with an academy at all.

Bad news for them, and bad news for football.
yep, but as I said, maybe good news for development squads.

Heb 7:4
20-10-2011, 10:15 PM
This is where adapting comes along, instead of youth academies it would have to be like Glenn Hoddle accademies.
Brighton fan in "you need to learn how to smile as you're been bent over and shafted" shocker.

eagle mart
20-10-2011, 10:25 PM
Yes, but they had to vote in favour to STILL get the money didn't they? If they vetoed it they would have lost it, that's the point.

It's a threat that was too big for them... Would he relly have stopped it? Public pressure on another slow news day would see to that not happening. It was a hollow threat and the smaller clubs blinked first.

andy1980
20-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Brighton fan in "you need to learn how to smile as you're been bent over and shafted" shocker.

Hey, it just mens Brighton will need to look for more liam Bidcutts as opposed to Lewis Dunks.

JDawg
20-10-2011, 11:09 PM

Hardly a business proposition if your best players are flogged for a song.

Bombadier Botty
21-10-2011, 12:16 AM
I'm just going to post this here for the away fans in the hope that they see the sense.

Originally Posted by smileysmith
I hope people understand the one thing they can do that will truely make a difference ...

CANCEL YOUR SKY SPORTS SUBSCRIPTION.

The only way to hit back at the Premier League and those that think they can get away with this because we do not matter, is to hit them financially.

The only way to hit them financially is force Sky to pay them less for TV rights.

The only way to do this is to stop paying to watch their football.

Don't get me wrong, I think protests etc are good too, but the basic must be done first.

Agree 100%. The backlash against SKY must be an intrinsical part of this campaign.

TomEagle
21-10-2011, 01:34 AM
Hey, it just mens Brighton will need to look for more liam Bidcutts as opposed to Lewis Dunks.

That's you lot buggered then, both are crap.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
21-10-2011, 01:38 AM
At least there will be fewer players missing a quarter of a season due to injury.

Maiden Eagle
21-10-2011, 07:07 AM

I've said this for a long time - Scudamore is an odious, little turd.
I'm proud that CPFC, although we are frequently reminded by our friends from the South Coast, how skint we are, voted against this.
Barry Fry said that most of the smaller clubs, especially in League One and Two, felt they had no choice but to vote in favour, because £72k to them, is a lot of money and they probably budget for it, on their balance sheets.
But why the likes of the Weeds, who obviously have a lot of money at the moment, would vote in favour, I have no idea ?
Perhaps Mr Bloom is starting to ask for his money back !:)

DerbyGull27
21-10-2011, 07:21 AM
I've said this for a long time - Scudamore is an odious, little turd.
I'm proud that CPFC, although we are frequently reminded by our friends from the South Coast, how skint we are, voted against this.
Barry Fry said that most of the smaller clubs, especially in League One and Two, felt they had no choice but to vote in favour, because £72k to them, is a lot of money and they probably budget for it, on their balance sheets.
But why the likes of the Weeds, who obviously have a lot of money at the moment, would vote in favour, I have no idea ?
Perhaps Mr Bloom is starting to ask for his money back !:)
I think it's cos bloom plans on bhafc being part of the prem by the time this kicks in

Seaside Eagle
21-10-2011, 07:27 AM
Funny joke :D

Adlerhorst
21-10-2011, 07:35 AM
Bloom voted in favour?

For shame.

Maiden Eagle
21-10-2011, 07:37 AM
I think it's cos bloom plans on bhafc being part of the prem by the time this kicks in

This is kicking in shortly, not in 30 years time !:)

Maiden Eagle
21-10-2011, 07:40 AM
At least there will be fewer players missing a quarter of a season due to injury.

VHA, you seem so obsessed about this guy - Perhaps you should change your user name to

Lewis Dunk's Next Victim

:) :)

tonkers
21-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Maybe we will have to have a closed doors academy for under 17's so the big clubs wont know whos any good?

Adlerhorst
21-10-2011, 08:14 AM
Maybe we will have to have a closed doors academy for under 17's so the big clubs wont know whos any good?
Are they going to play our under 15s? Or only clubs with the same academy rating?

AndyStreet
21-10-2011, 08:29 AM
Brighton proving just how plastic they are with a vote for this shameful set of reforms. What a surprise.

Psychokiller
21-10-2011, 08:35 AM
Brighton proving just how plastic they are with a vote for this shameful set of reforms. What a surprise.
I thought their owner had billions and billions? Funny he should be so desperate for £62k

AndyStreet
21-10-2011, 08:38 AM
I thought their owner had billions and billions? Funny he should be so desperate for £62k
Perhaps he wanted to pay CMS' wages for 3 weeks. I would have thought his endlessly and oft alluded to property portfolio, raft of private equity deals and gambling operations would have covered it, but there you go.

Lambeth Palace
21-10-2011, 08:58 AM
It doesn't surprise me that Mr Bloom voted for this.

DerbyGull27
21-10-2011, 09:09 AM
...Meanwhile, Albion have reluctantly voted for controversial changes to the academy system which could lead to Premier League clubs snapping up young talent for a fraction of the cost.

The Seagulls were among the Football League clubs who voted 46-22 in favour of the Elite Player Performance Plan driven by the Premier League giants at a meeting in Walsall yesterday...

DerbyGull27
21-10-2011, 09:16 AM

You should be ashamed.

I hate the EPL and everything it stands for, but why should I be ashamed? :hmph:

AndyStreet
21-10-2011, 09:46 AM
I hate the EPL and everything it stands for, but why should I be ashamed? :hmph:
Why should you be ashamed that for the sake of just over £60k your club voted for a measure which could prove to be the death knell for a number of clubs in the 3rd tier, where you've spent the majority of the last quarter of a century, and the 4th tier, as well as being a major obstacle to the development of youth players for Championship clubs? I just have no idea.

Shameful.

Adlerhorst
21-10-2011, 09:47 AM
I hate the EPL and everything it stands for, but why should I be ashamed? :hmph:I can understand why some clubs who are desperate for money voted for the proposals, even though they might not have wanted to.

However in Brighton's case we keep getting told how much money he club has, so Brighton has no excuse for voting for these proposals. None.

Your club is facilitating the raping of the youth systems of the football league. It's disgraceful.

Helmut Struntz
21-10-2011, 09:56 AM
I would certainly not be happy if we had sold our soul.

Pistol Knight
21-10-2011, 10:09 AM
...Meanwhile, Albion have reluctantly voted for controversial changes to the academy system which could lead to Premier League clubs snapping up young talent for a fraction of the cost.

The Seagulls were among the Football League clubs who voted 46-22 in favour of the Elite Player Performance Plan driven by the Premier League giants at a meeting in Walsall yesterday...

yeah right

DerbyGull27
21-10-2011, 10:11 AM
I can understand why some clubs who are desperate for money voted for the proposals, even though they might not have wanted to.

However in Brighton's case we keep getting told how much money he club has, so Brighton has no excuse for voting for these proposals. None.

Your club is facilitating the raping of the youth systems of the football league. It's disgraceful.

Why should you be ashamed that for the sake of just over £60k your club voted for a measure which could prove to be the death knell for a number of clubs in the 3rd tier, where you've spent the majority of the last quarter of a century, and the 4th tier, as well as being a major obstacle to the development of youth players for Championship clubs? I just have no idea.

Shameful.

A bunch of devil worshippers signalled the start of the end of the English game in 1992 with the birth of sky sports. This is just continuity of this slow death for lower league clubs, which i'm dead against.

DerbyGull27
21-10-2011, 10:14 AM
I would certainly not be happy if we had sold our soul.

Our souls were sold for us in '92 mate.

waddoneagle
21-10-2011, 10:16 AM
This is something both Palace and Brighton fans can agree on and protest together.

DerbyGull27
21-10-2011, 10:18 AM
...The Premier League had threatened to withdraw more than £5 million of solidarity payments they give to lower league clubs each year for youth development if the vote went against them...

Yea bollocks is that solidarity payments. £250k per EPL club per season, what a joke.

DerbyGull27
21-10-2011, 10:18 AM
This is something both Palace and Brighton fans can agree on and protest together.

Damn right!

eagle mart
21-10-2011, 10:27 AM
The whole thing makes my blood boil. Everyone is in on it. The head of the Football League called it a good decision. Good for WHO?

I’ll keep repeating this line. It’s time for the championship to break away from the two divisions below – it’s proper football, but they just sold us out. We’ll never be able to take them with us in closing the gap between the haves and have nots, they have made it impossible for themselves. And we need to cut them adrift. I always champion the underdog but Dag & Redbridge (and all the others) can go do one as far as I’m concerned. We are the 5th biggest league in the world and have ourselves bent over a barrel.

We need to be in charge of our own destiny... It's simple.

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
21-10-2011, 11:28 AM

Maybe not ashamed but certainly angry at Mr Poker Face!!! :grrr:

Lambeth Palace
21-10-2011, 11:45 AM
The whole thing makes my blood boil. Everyone is in on it. The head of the Football League called it a good decision. Good for WHO?

Iíll keep repeating this line. Itís time for the championship to break away from the two divisions below Ė itís proper football, but they just sold us out. Weíll never be able to take them with us in closing the gap between the haves and have nots, they have made it impossible for themselves. And we need to cut them adrift. I always champion the underdog but Dag & Redbridge (and all the others) can go do one as far as Iím concerned. We are the 5th biggest league in the world and have ourselves bent over a barrel.

We need to be in charge of our own destiny... It's simple.

I have to say I agree. There are clubs who are trying to produce young players and others who are just happy to pocket a measly 70k. **** them.

Helmut Struntz
21-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Maybe not ashamed but certainly angry at Mr Poker Face!!! :grrr:
Calm down Lady Ga-Ga

palace nutter
21-10-2011, 11:48 AM
All this great talent we're hearing of in the Brighton Academy that will be stars in 5 years time. Errrrrrrrr....

Nice one Mr Bloom.

DerbyGull27
21-10-2011, 12:32 PM
...Dag & Redbridge (and all the others) can go do one as far as Iím concerned.....

Don't you realise that their hands were tied.

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
21-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Calm down Lady Ga-Ga

Very good Helmut :moo: :D

GreatGonzo
21-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Itís time for the championship to break away from the two divisions below Ė itís proper football, but they just sold us out.

17 of the 24 championship teams voted YES didn't they? only a third of the no votes came from our division!

eagle mart
21-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Don't you realise that their hands were tied.

It's a gamble that they didnt want to take. But, it could easily have been overcome. Would Scudamore really have taken the £5m a year away? and if all the clubs had got together and worked out a plan this £5m could have come from somewhere else if not.. through sponsorship etc. A strong leader(ship) and clubs pulling the same direction would have achieved that. And dont tell me the championship clubs that voted yes to this scheme wouldnt say yes to a breakaway league - the two faced ****'s.

The point is that this has been forecd through, the FL leadership is weak and been corrupted or threatened with something we do not know about and that is why they recommended the clubs to accept. A strong leadership would have devised a plan, how can 72 clubs be so powerless? REALLY! Through that lack of leadership, club's have taken the 'every man for himself' option and looked at the cash flow and caved in.

The Football League is dead in its current form... breakaway league or completely new structure.

DerbyGull27
21-10-2011, 01:49 PM
It's a gamble that they didnt want to take. But, it could easily have been overcome. Would Scudamore really have taken the £5m a year away? and if all the clubs had got together and worked out a plan this £5m could have come from somewhere else if not.. through sponsorship etc. A strong leader(ship) and clubs pulling the same direction would have achieved that. And dont tell me the championship clubs that voted yes to this scheme wouldnt say yes to a breakaway league - the two faced ****'s.

The point is that this has been forecd through, the FL leadership is weak and been corrupted or threatened with something we do not know about and that is why they recommended the clubs to accept. A strong leadership would have devised a plan, how can 72 clubs be so powerless? REALLY! Through that lack of leadership, club's have taken the 'every man for himself' option and looked at the cash flow and caved in.

The Football League is dead in its current form... breakaway league or completely new structure.

Were we offered any alternatives? It all seems a bit rushed through in my opinion. Fans have had no say in it whatsoever. Why? Does the fans opinion mean nothing? I agree with you about weak leadership and also very easily corruptible football league officials.

Football league breakaway...nice thought, won't happen

eagle mart
21-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Would love it if in the summer, 72 clubs resigned and formed a new venture. Bang goes the EPPPPPPP!