PDA

View Full Version : Championship odds for next season

bhcp
30-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Early days but already makes intriguing viewing
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/next-season

Leeds at 9/1, Palace 80/1, Charlton 20/1. Look forward to seeing our headstart in the handicaps, could be value

Jordan's Jacket
30-04-2012, 09:32 AM
How are Leeds favourite? They are essentially sh#t.

bhcp
30-04-2012, 09:43 AM
How are favourite? They are essentially sh#t.Indeed. I figured our odds were due to our weak finish but Leeds finished in a similarly sh!t way

old geezer
30-04-2012, 09:45 AM
So expected to be relegated next season again by the bookies as per this season!!!

Chris of Beckenham
30-04-2012, 09:47 AM
How can any odds be made when play offs are not over and know one knows who will be in the league next year? We were 3rd favourites to go down this year, so I can't help thinking that the bookies don't have a clue when it comes to the Championship.

pauldrulez
30-04-2012, 10:26 AM
How are Leeds favourite? They are essentially sh#t.
Warnock factor.

herts_palace
30-04-2012, 11:31 AM
They've put the odds up early and have factored in the 2 teams to come down and 3 teams to fail in the play offs.

These are odds for Champions not to go up so they are pretty stingy.

Initial observations - Leeds price is way too short, Brighton price at 14 also looks short. Again fancy Leicester at 12/1 now that Pearson has settled in.

Cannot fancy Palace even at 80/1 but odds to reach the playoffs could be interesting.

Funk Butter
30-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Even though I'm notoriously pessimistic (a prerequisite for a Palace fan), I have a good feeling about next season. The League looks wide open next season and I think with a couple of good fits and luck with injuries next season we can compete for a playoff.

Wolves and Blackburn aren't automatic favorites for me, especially Blackburn as I can see them being gutted.