PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss betting.

Mat ov CPFC
24-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Been reading a couple of bits and pieces about this and just wondered if any of you punters knew how kosher this is ?

I need to shift a significant amount of weight, now how to do it having done so in the past but need some motivation and a wager could be it.

Any suggestions ?

El Aguila
24-06-2012, 11:24 AM
How fat are you?
There's no point doing this if you just set a target, win a bet and then start pigging out again, by the way.

Mat ov CPFC
24-06-2012, 12:15 PM
How fat are you?
There's no point doing this if you just set a target, win a bet and then start pigging out again, by the way.

I dunno.

I read about one bloke who got 100-1 on him losing 100lbs over the course of a year. So lump on that, do the weight and get a nice little payment. Then bulk up again over the next year and do the same again. Could be a nice little career move ;).

Eaglesmad123
24-06-2012, 12:32 PM
I have lost 4 stone in 16 weeks on a diet with no excersise

Louis
24-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Been reading a couple of bits and pieces about this and just wondered if any of you punters knew how kosher this is ?

I need to shift a significant amount of weight, now how to do it having done so in the past but need some motivation and a wager could be it.

Any suggestions ?
My first reaction was that this is the wrong forum, and to question why you need money to motivate you. But I think found the bet you mentioned. According to this article, this man won 10,000 after betting 100 at 100/1 with William Hill -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2045450/Gambler-Peter-Heeks-wins-10k-bet-100lb-weight-loss-year.html

The other approach is to join a (apparently) not-for-profit weightloss betting group like those mentioned here -

http://www.dietbet.com/

These seem to be geared towards Americans - I don't know if you could join one from England.

If you think having a bet would motivate you to do something you want to do anyway, then why not go for it?

LLCOOLSTEVE
24-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Just walk into a bookies and ask them.... tell them you are serious and see what they can do

PalaceBhoy
24-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Just walk into a bookies and ask them.... tell them you are serious and see what they can do

Stuff cream cakes, two at a time in to your mouth whilst asking for odds and order a Super size pizza loudly on your phone whilst they are working them out. This might raise the odds in your favour. :p

Flat Noodle
24-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Stuff cream cakes, two at a time in to your mouth whilst asking for odds and order a Super size pizza loudly on your phone whilst they are working them out. This might raise the odds in your favour. :p
:lux:

BringBackSasa
24-06-2012, 01:56 PM
If you lose 150lbs I'll wager that you’ll be able to see your cock again. Well, maybe the tip.

Louis
24-06-2012, 03:19 PM
:lux: