PDA

View Full Version : Michael Johnson

Always an Eagle
05-08-2012, 09:51 AM
So what's the deal with him & the BBC. I always think he comes across so well & is one of the best pundits the BBC have but for a while I've wondered why he works for the BBC & not an american broadcaster like NBC. He also seems quite passionate for Britain & British athletics. Saw this,this morning, which just emphasised that;- http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19134764

Is he married to a Brit or something?

JEagleF
05-08-2012, 10:05 AM
I think he is also doing the Paralympics for Channel 4

gilesy14
05-08-2012, 10:08 AM
I agree he is very pro GB. However, in that video - could he not be cheering the Yank who came in 2nd?

stinky
05-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Johnson was cheering on the American in that shot. You can hear him shouting his name.

But yes, he's very good, very articulate, and does seem to have an affinity with the Brits. I think he appreciates the level of coverage etc that Athletics seems to get here. I remember being in the US a few years ago and an American won gold in the Olympics with a World Record, and some people didn't even realise.

jone-zee
05-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Ms Lewis has got a right tidy rump :)

Nork1
05-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Thank you Archbishop.

firesign
05-08-2012, 10:23 AM
like Johnson but he is clearly heard shouting 'Go Galen' (Rupp - the American who got silver).

And yes, Denise Lewis is bang tidy

Big Blue Eagle
05-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Johnson was cheering on the American in that shot. You can hear him shouting his name.

But yes, he's very good, very articulate, and does seem to have an affinity with the Brits. I think he appreciates the level of coverage etc that Athletics seems to get here. I remember being in the US a few years ago and an American won gold in the Olympics with a World Record, and some people didn't even realise.

He also rates Adam Gemili very very highly, not for this games, but for Rio.....?

David of Kent
05-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Gives a good, informed opinion on all matters in Athletics, certainly doesn't pander to the GB athletes (as witnessed by Darren Campbell getting his knickers in a twist over perceived criticisms). Reason he's here is probably as mentioned above, higher focus on track and field in the UK and he likely gets decently paid for it too!

Oisin
05-08-2012, 11:59 AM
He has been with the BBC since he moved into broadcasting. They gave him a deal and he probably likes working for the BBC and gets paid well too. He is a excellent. As is Thorpe in the swimming who was turned down by the Australian broadcasters.