PDA

View Full Version : Good quality online sources for football betting tips and ideas?

Louis
16-09-2012, 05:57 PM
I know quite a few of us bet on football. I wondered which websites you use for tips and ideas. Personally I use 'Punters Lounge' quite a bit -

http://forum.punterslounge.com/

I'm 'MPLouis' on there - I didn't ask this question there because they don't really like to you direct people to other sites.

I've noticed 'goal.com' can be quite good. Their writers appear to know what they're talking about -

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2995/goal-com-betting

I'm not looking for a list of 'tips' to be blindly followed, but rather sources for betting ideas to be investigated and compared with my own knowledge. I'm particularly interested in less popular leagues like:

* Blue Square Conference

* Less popular South American leagues like Chile and Peru

* Less popular European leagues like Belgium and Holland

It's easy to find sites advertising 'football betting tips' (try googling that), but the majority are not worth reading, so it's worth knowing about the few good ones.

Which websites do you find useful for football tips, especially less popular leagues? Any betting forums like Punters Lounge? Any newspaper betting columns available online? Betting blogs? General websites? :)

Louis
23-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Obviously the best approach is to answer your own question ... I've recently found the Betting tips on Betfair are worth a read. I don't mean the tips on their forum, but the much higher quality ones by their writers -

http://betting.betfair.com/football/

There's some good stuff there (personally I try not to find tips blindly but I compare them with what I already know).

GodstoneEagle
26-09-2012, 05:09 PM
I used to write for Goal Betting and now do so for both Betfair and another bookmaker. I tend to think the BF ones are the best, particularly James Eastham's.

GodstoneEagle
26-09-2012, 05:10 PM
The reason I'm not so keen on Goal is that they'd tell you what game to write on and you HAD to find a decent bet from it.

BF are under no such pressure as it's not part of a click-through affiliation scheme, and if there are no bets I'd advise on a game, then I won't.

Louis
26-09-2012, 09:42 PM
I tend to think the BF ones are the best, particularly James Eastham's.
The quality of the writing surprised me. I don't particularly like Betfair as a company - I've found that their odds are frequently worse than the competition and their systems are unreliable, but the quality and breadth of their articles puts them in a different light. Some of the tips are good too ...

GodstoneEagle
26-09-2012, 11:38 PM
They get some of the best football writers in. Jonathan Wilson, Michael Cox etc

ozeagle
12-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Thinkbetprofit.com

BW_Palace
18-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Bit late to this but don't read football tips for tips (unless maybe people like Kevin Pullein in the RP). With all due respect to Godstone, although these writers tend to know a lot about the football they are talking about, they're ultimately not gamblers so any tip given is from an unreliable pov - they can't translate the information they have into prices. There is too much 'team X are doing well, team Y are poor, back team X'.

Been a while since I've read PL but from what I remember it was full of pretty bad posts and advice. There's some ok stuff there but the signal to noise ratio is pretty terrible and I wouldn't bother.

Thinkbetprofit is a decent shout, their betting theory forum specifically. The best information out there really is the less glamorous and more 'dour' stuff like that! SBR Handicap Think Tank has also been good in the past - useful info there if you sort by views and view the most popular threads in the past.

Louis
18-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Thinkbetprofit.com
According to their tips page, they are doing a lot better on Rugby than Football ...

http://www.thinkbetprofit.com/tips.php

Louis
18-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Been a while since I've read PL but from what I remember it was full of pretty bad posts and advice. There's some ok stuff there but the signal to noise ratio is pretty terrible and I wouldn't bother.

Thinkbetprofit is a decent shout, their betting theory forum specifically
You're right about Punters Lounge - there's a lot of rubbish, but there's also some great stuff - I find it's a question of manually filtering out the rubbish. Thinkbetprofit's forum looks like a higher quality version of the same thing without the rubbish, but with fewer posts.

Stigma
30-11-2012, 10:14 AM
I used to write for Goal Betting and now do so for both Betfair and another bookmaker. I tend to think the BF ones are the best, particularly James Eastham's.

Any money in it (writing for such a site)?

Bultip
05-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Bultip.com is a platform offering variety of sports betting tips from different tipsters. Generally, the site is somewhere between BetAdvisors and BettingExpert and the quality of the predictions is quite good. Check it and you won't regret. Contact us for more info about the tips. We can offer special trials and etc.

Merle
17-08-2013, 11:13 PM
I listen to william hill football podcast aint too bad.

Jimmy cabbie
24-10-2013, 09:39 PM
If it hasn't been mentioned before .. Vitibet.com

Louis
04-11-2013, 10:13 PM
I must mention 'Sport Authority' which has some good previews. I like Andy Brassell in particular, who they use for big European games like the Champions League.

They're on oddschecker under the blue button.

betstatz
21-11-2013, 03:26 PM
Hi there - betstatz.com is what you need. All leagues down to L7 in England and we present the facts and stats to help you choose your best bet. We also have a football simulator that you can use to make your own predictions!

peleus
26-11-2013, 11:48 PM
I listen to William Hill. He has a high percentage of accuracy so that works for me. https://********.info/cat/10-3/1.gif

All_Fired_Up
12-02-2014, 06:31 AM
Or try www.tab.com.au football preview, it has betting advice as well.

Daveywest
03-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Look for the better odds matches in lower leagues.