PDA

View Full Version : Kayla

whisky7467
14-11-2012, 01:31 PM
Steve
I understand that Eagle Heights are having some financial difficulties from reading posts earlier in the year.

This may lead to them withdrawing Kayla from our home games....which would be sad

Is there anyway we as Palace fans could contribute a donation to our beloved Kayla so she gets the best possible care and always seen at Selhurst until she retires and we get another from their acadamy of young eagles.

I know you can pay directly to Eagle Heights but its not really out there for all to see.

If we had a link directly via the club and I dont mean someone coming round with a bucket every now and then, possibly even in the online tickets part of our website surely more of us and will contribute and support this I for one would.

Most certainly be advertised in the matchday programme every matchday have a good article about her in the match day programme have her officially on the who is who at the club on our website...there are many many ways to do this.

Me personally love seeing her and im 45 years old the nippers around Selhurst must look on in pure joy and awe.

oh yes and as a foot note would it be to much to ask to get Suzanna Reid involved as well :lux:

mcmean
19-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Anyone know what's happened to Kayla?

She hasn't been at Selhurst for a couple of weeks now. Is she due back for Brighton?

CPFC_DAVE77
19-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Anyone know what's happened to Kayla?

She hasn't been at Selhurst for a couple of weeks now. Is she due back for Brighton?

She is fasting for Brighton.

CPFC2010
19-11-2012, 09:51 AM
Steve
I understand that Eagle Heights are having some financial difficulties from reading posts earlier in the year.

This may lead to them withdrawing Kayla from our home games....which would be sad

Is there anyway we as Palace fans could contribute a donation to our beloved Kayla so she gets the best possible care and always seen at Selhurst until she retires and we get another from their acadamy of young eagles.

I know you can pay directly to Eagle Heights but its not really out there for all to see.

If we had a link directly via the club and I dont mean someone coming round with a bucket every now and then, possibly even in the online tickets part of our website surely more of us and will contribute and support this I for one would.

Most certainly be advertised in the matchday programme every matchday have a good article about her in the match day programme have her officially on the who is who at the club on our website...there are many many ways to do this.

Me personally love seeing her and im 45 years old the nippers around Selhurst must look on in pure joy and awe.

oh yes and as a foot note would it be to much to ask to get Suzanna Reid involved as well :lux:

This season Kayla will be present at Selhurst Park for about half the matches - the bigger games and the family days.

Last season I think we only paid expenses for her appearances but this season we are paying more I believe.

If you want to support Eagle Heights the best thing would be to contact them directly. However, I don't see why we can't have a bucket collection at a match one day for them if they'd like that.

Penge
19-11-2012, 11:03 AM
;)

E_girl
19-11-2012, 11:05 AM
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=237767

Andrews69
19-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Would it be worth giving people the option to sponsor her like they do for the players and cheerleaders?

Bubble Wrap
19-11-2012, 11:57 AM
She is fasting for Brighton.
Thought it said Fisting at first;)

CaptainCharisma
19-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Could someone not sponsor Kayla like they do the players?

pallet
19-11-2012, 01:06 PM
How much do they need? Could we raise it?

eagle101
19-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Could there be a way that when the next season tickets are purchased, people can have the option to pay an extra 1 or 2 on top and that money can go to Eagle Heights/Kayla so she can still come to Selhurst? Could be around 10k!

CPFC2010
19-11-2012, 11:13 PM
Maybe someone could call Eagle Heights and see what they need to raise?

Eagle Mal
20-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Think you will find that Kayla has some form of sponsership , but like any business could do with more as suggested perhaps people should contact eagle heights or even go over there (see website for details). Also I understand that Kayla cannot get to all games being a busy 'lady' sometimes having other appointments , (as advised by her handler)

pallet
21-11-2012, 04:37 PM
I have emailed eagle heights and am waiting for a reply.

pallet
22-11-2012, 08:49 PM
I got an email back and it said basically Palace have not booked them for more games and they are not sure why. I dont believe they have an issues with money and I think we should get Kayla to every home game. If the club want to let us know how much it costs to ahve her there each game, we could organise some sort of sponsorship.

CPFC2010
22-11-2012, 10:00 PM
That's strange because I was told that we have. I will check this out.

Barbara4003
22-11-2012, 10:35 PM
I got an email back and it said basically Palace have not booked them for more games and they are not sure why. I dont believe they have an issues with money and I think we should get Kayla to every home game. If the club want to let us know how much it costs to ahve her there each game, we could organise some sort of sponsorship.

I'd be happy to help out with that :)

kiwikev
22-11-2012, 11:02 PM
Kayla is a wonderful addition to the club and should be seen as a fabulous marketing tool . She offers an opportunity to our club that can be matched by no others . The club should be exploring every avenue to enhance , preserve and develop this link . Eagle heights do a great job in protecting wildlife and educating the public. At a time when other clubs are squandering millions on poor players and even poorer managers Kayla can be relied on to promote palace to a huge audience at a very modest cost . So,do not let slip a highly valued member of our club. Begging buckets are quite frankly an insult. its time to put this on a professional footing.You could start by giving her a squad number. after all, many of us see her as part of the team.

Gosling
23-11-2012, 12:37 AM
I visited Eagle Heights in August. Really nice day out. Meerkats, huskies, cheetahs, lots of owls, a really cool vulture called Bernard, monitor lizards, arctic foxes... And a few eagles as well. They did a display with one called Batty - a Bateleur Eagle. They demonstrated how easily it could break a seagull's neck. Well worth the trip, I really hope they do well.

Gosling
23-11-2012, 12:37 AM
Did I say seagull? I meant snake, sorry.

Gosling
23-11-2012, 12:45 AM
I visited Eagle Heights in August and had a really good day out. They have meerkats, huskies, cheetahs, loads of owls, a really cool vulture called Bernard and another vulture that was afraid of flying - they were planning to drop it out of a hot air balloon to teach it - arctic foxes, coypu, monitor lizards, bats, and a fair few hawks and eagles.

They did a display with one called Batty - a Bateleur Eagle. They demonstrated how easily it could break a seagull's neck. Well worth the day out and I recommend it to anybody.

Gosling
23-11-2012, 12:46 AM
Did I say seagull? I meant snake. Sorry.

pallet
23-11-2012, 08:41 AM
Hi Steve,
I will forward it onto you.

MarketingCPFC
23-11-2012, 09:49 AM

This information is not correct, Kayla has been booked for various games throughout the season and will be appearing at the bigger games inc Family Days, the next game you will see her at is Brighton.
These have been booked since the start of the seaosn and are firmly in Eagle Heights diary.

andy burton
23-11-2012, 12:01 PM
Just to say - when Kayla is flying up and down the pitch Ive often looked over to the away support to see what their reaction is - many take photos and i've seen people pointing her out. Even with the Crystals performing she attracts attention!

pallet
24-11-2012, 10:54 AM
This information is not correct, Kayla has been booked for various games throughout the season and will be appearing at the bigger games inc Family Days, the next game you will see her at is Brighton.
These have been booked since the start of the seaosn and are firmly in Eagle Heights diary.

There seems to be some wrong information being passed, Eagle heights seem fine and need no help, Kayla is booked to appear regulary so everyone is happy:D

rhiannapaul
24-11-2012, 11:01 AM
watching Kayla is a real bonus my daughter loves seeing her and i got a great picture of her on the arm of a brave crystal as my screensaver

mcmean
24-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Best looking bird at selhurst by far

mcmean
24-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Get Kayla back for Brighton

CPFC2010
24-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Get Kayla back for Brighton

She will be back for Brighton

Dorking .Eagle
24-11-2012, 08:03 PM
They did a display with one called Batty - a Bateleur Eagle. They demonstrated how easily it could break a seagull's neck.

Wonder if they'd be willing to do this demo on the pitch before the Br*ghton game?:D

CPFC_DAVE77
26-11-2012, 09:09 AM
Best looking bird at selhurst by far

I dunno, there's a couple fit Palace fans. SirSC usually brings two or three a season before he scares them off.

Dorking .Eagle
01-12-2012, 09:20 PM
She scared off plenty of seagulls pre-match, and looked very smart with her red and blue ribbons today.

Eagle Mal
01-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Speaking to Kayla handler pre match they are in need of financial help at Eagle Heights the other day only three to see them WE NEED TO HELP THEM SOMEHOW.

Latvian Eagle
01-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Did Kayla almost decapitate someone on the pitch today? :eek:

Eaglette
01-12-2012, 09:50 PM
That was the best entrance today by far - loved it!

palace_burger
02-12-2012, 04:11 PM
I visited Eagle Heights in August and had a really good day out. They have meerkats, huskies, cheetahs, loads of owls, a really cool vulture called Bernard and another vulture that was afraid of flying - they were planning to drop it out of a hot air balloon to teach it - arctic foxes, coypu, monitor lizards, bats, and a fair few hawks and eagles.

They did a display with one called Batty - a Bateleur Eagle. They demonstrated how easily it could break a seagull's neck. Well worth the day out and I recommend it to anybody.

What happened with the hot air balloon treatment!! That really is sink or swim time!!

Eye-dee
02-12-2012, 05:27 PM
She scared off plenty of seagulls pre-match, and looked very smart with her red and blue ribbons today.

I missed her. Bloody 157 :(

Penge
03-12-2012, 03:15 PM
http://www.eagleheights.co.uk/component/content/article/97-make-a-donation

jcreedy
15-02-2013, 05:45 PM
Any update on the great bird?

BringBackSasa
15-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Last seen in a lasagne.

Scrumpy
15-02-2013, 05:48 PM
I saw her about a month ago at Eagle Heights. Still alive & kicking (although she did look like she missed Palace).

Isle of Wight
15-02-2013, 06:16 PM
Get her back for Leeds and send her into attack mode on mr warnock :)

Scrumpy
08-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Eagle Heights have confirmed on their twitter that Kayla is back tomorrow :lux:

Quite ironic given the post before mine

Owngoal
08-03-2013, 03:26 PM
Kayla flying is always a good omen before the game

elliott
08-03-2013, 03:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjTuemF1Rd4

elthameagle
08-03-2013, 06:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjTuemF1Rd4
I read on these boards about rebuilding selhurst but did not realise it had been done. who were those guys in orange Wolves ? and someone has misbuilt the goals.

Eye-dee
08-03-2013, 11:44 PM
Eagle Heights have confirmed on their twitter that Kayla is back tomorrow :lux:

Quite ironic given the post before mine

:lux:

jaspercpfc
22-02-2014, 09:04 PM
great picture of her today

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/02/22/article-2564961-1BBD1F0F00000578-389_634x378.jpg

Kevlon
22-02-2014, 09:14 PM
great picture of her today

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/02/22/article-2564961-1BBD1F0F00000578-389_634x378.jpg

Looks a bit happier in that photo. Normally she looks like a miserable cow... I mean eagle.

macs-tash
22-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Always stick them a few quid at the matches. I really think Kayla adds to the matchday experience.

anti-addick
23-02-2014, 12:30 AM
We need her trained to attack away glory tossers in the home sections. I can see her swooping in to some Redhill based Manure c*nt and tearing his head clean off.

Hedgehog
23-02-2014, 12:32 AM
Looked good on the NBC pre-show.