PDA

View Full Version : Ultras

Pages : [1] 2

dowieslovechild
22-11-2012, 10:46 PM
As I have mentioned tonight in a previous post, the word Ultras, is it representative of Palace, or does it just make us sound like a group of wannabe, copy cat Italian thugs?

Personally I'd like to see that word dropped, I really can't see how it benefits us.

HF does a fantastic job, so is it really necessary to keep that name going?

I would be interested to see what other people think.

ice_man30
22-11-2012, 10:48 PM
Don't really care what they call them selfs, makes no difference to the atmosphere created so why worry ? :p

philsick
22-11-2012, 10:48 PM
FFS

ExiledStirling
22-11-2012, 10:49 PM
I think it is up to them whether they use the word 'Ultra' or not.

Why should we have a say on what they call themselves.

palace nutter
22-11-2012, 10:49 PM
As I have mentioned tonight in a previous post, the word Ultras, is it representative of Palace, or does it just make us sound like a group of wannabe, copy cat Italian thugs?

Personally I'd like to see that word dropped, I really can't see how it benefits us.

Oh dear.

For one I don't think you can class all Italian Ultras "thugs" and secondly everyone knows the HF aren't violent and they can call themselves the Holmesdale Pansies for all I care if they keep up their good work and thirdly you should you have a say?

JAS78
22-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Our 'Ultras' create songs, banners and noise. Thats it from what i've seen. No trouble whatsoever.

How others from outside (including police) interpret that is their business, just look at the facts and leave it at that

cpfcfly
22-11-2012, 10:57 PM
The "Ultras" name has a bad reputation in continental Europe and Egypt. The HF are not like that, and therefore should make a name for themselves.

They are the HF, not the "Palace Ultras".

jone-zee
22-11-2012, 10:59 PM

Good grief! They aint thugs just a group that want to support Palace Leave them alone Oh and regarding The Ultras thing which looking at some of your pant wetting posts on other threads they can be left or right wing so maybe you will be able to get your head down in comfort tonight or maybe go back to rugger hockey or the like with some cuddly wuddly views

Heb 7:4
22-11-2012, 11:01 PM
I couldn't care less and even if I could, it's got nothing to do with me. What the HF refer to themselves as is down to them. This poll, if there was going to be one, should be on the HF messageboard rather than the BBS.

dowieslovechild
22-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Good grief! They aint thugs just a group that want to support Palace Leave them alone Oh and regarding The Ultras thing which looking at some of your pant wetting posts on other threads they can be left or right wing so maybe you will be able to get your head down in comfort tonight or maybe go back to rugger hockey or the like with some cuddly wuddly views

Always the same old people, completely missing the point, over and over and again. I didn't call the HF thugs I said do we really need to be copying a name (come on, be honest, we stole that name, if it isn't original then it has no class, or impact) which is largely associated as a group of extremist football thugs.

Scrumpy
22-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Definition of ultras: "organized and fervent supporters of a sports team". No thuggery at all. So I have no idea what your banging on about.

Personally the HF could call themselves "the smoked salmon freaks" for all I care as long as they keep producing a fantastic atmosphere.

CEO4REC
22-11-2012, 11:09 PM
Holmesdale Fanatics - Ultras CPFC
No online poll will ever change that, sorry.

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/6632/hf2stick1.png

palace nutter
22-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Always the same old people, completely missing the point, over and over and again. I didn't call the HF thugs I said do we really need to be copying a name (come on, be honest, we stole that name, if it isn't original then it has no class, or impact) which is largely associated as a group of extremist football thugs.

But you by saying the HF using the name Ultras is likening them to "Italian Thugs" does imply (imho) that the HF are thugs. You don't need to make that connection. Why can't they be Ultras like many others in the world, who aren't "thugs" just like they aren't.

And I'm not sure they have just copied the "Ultras" thing it's not a word, not even in their name (that might be copying.) Ultras is a mentality/ way of life and I'm pretty sure doesn't mean you have to be violent!!

Just think you're making an unecessary argument.

dondo
22-11-2012, 11:11 PM
"dowieslovechild" definitely seems to have his finger on the pulse here. I hope to see him push further with his crusade against inappropriate names.

racehorse-80s
22-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Can you please add a Palace popular front choice to the poll for us lefties?

BBK
22-11-2012, 11:13 PM
Well done, you're doing the journalist thing and generalising people. In most cases 'ultras' aren't about violence, Italians are ***** and like to cause trouble when ever an British team is there, nothing to do with being 'ultras'.

Les Butler
22-11-2012, 11:14 PM
So far the HF have taken all the good things from the Ultra movement and helped create a fantastic atmosphere at Selhurst which is not just recognized by us but by the owners and other teams fans on top, again its been for all the good things so a definite keep with what you have been doing and keep the name.

There is no real good reason to change...Like you were going to anyways ;)

But we all have opinions lets not get to heavy with those who do not have the same ,we are all Palace.

Del Fenner
22-11-2012, 11:18 PM
I'd prefer that they didn't rename themselves Holmesdale Fascists, but it's really not my business. :clown:

west country boy
22-11-2012, 11:20 PM
I couldn't care less and even if I could, it's got nothing to do with me. What the HF refer to themselves as is down to them.^

SteveyHawking
22-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Does it matter either way?!

eagles #1
22-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Being an Ultras

An ultras doesn't have a name for the world outside, only his friends know it. An ultras doesn't have a face, often he has a hood to cover his head and a scarf to cover his mouth. An ultras doesn't dress normally, he doesn't follow fashions, he doesn't follow new trends. When he gets on a train, or walks on the pavement, even if he doesn't have any symbols of his team, you will recognise him. An ultras attacks when attacked, and helps when there is the need. An ultras doesn't stop being an ultras when he takes off his scarf or gets home after an away trip, he continues to fight 7 days out of 7. Olders ultras give the example to the younger ones, and the youngsters respect the older ultras. Young ultras are proud to stand next to the older ultras, to be able to learn from his criticism and be proud of his compliments. When a person looks at an ultras they don't understand him, and the ultras doesn't want to be understood, he doesn't need to give reasons for why he is how he is. Each ultras is different, there are those who only dress with the merchandise from their group and their team, and there are those who don't even own a group t-shirt. There is the ultras who only travels with his group, and there is the one who is his own group. All ultras are different but they are united by the love for their team, the tenaciousness to resist over 90 minutes standing up in the pouring rain or cold. They are united by the warmth of singing a chant which makes them lose their voice. They are united by their friend who sleeps next to them on the train but then stands side by side at an away game. They are united by the glorious walk through their opponents city, the joy of leaving for an away trip and the tiredness of returning. They are united by that shared sandwich having gone hungry for hours, by that cigarette offered to them on the train and then again on the terrace. They are united by the argument over the sub leftback during the early hours of a night train, they are united by the look on their face, by their mentality. The things which unite us at the same time divide us from the outside world, they take us away from worried parents, from disturbed uncles, from scared schoolmates, from disgusted teachers. An ultras is the exception to the rule, the unexpected which suprises you, that suprise which makes you smile when you think you're in deep shit. An ultras is that arm that pulls you onto the train when the doors are about to close. Ultras is not about meaningless violence, its the utter defence of a way of life put at risk by nominative tickets, pay tv, undercoverness of new generations, trash reality tv, and especially by repression. An ultras is all this and much more, other sentiments which you are not able to express with words, incomprehensible to normal people who prefer to live life behind a glass rather than breaking through it into a cold and rainy reality.

FIIIIGHT!

Ade 70
22-11-2012, 11:23 PM
They should keep it as it is...no need to change anything, as they've done nothing wrong IMO

(plus being renamed "Holmesdale Moo" really wouldn't work)

:moo:

Selhurst Celtic
22-11-2012, 11:23 PM
Well done, you're doing the journalist thing and generalising people.

Good point well made.

Italians are *****

Oh.

Selhurst Celtic
22-11-2012, 11:26 PM

What the feck has it got to do with you anyway? Are you part of the Holmesdale Fanatics? I guess not. It's up to the Holmesdale Fanatics what they want to call themselves. I couldn't give a shit either way.

I vote moo.

BBK
22-11-2012, 11:28 PM
Good point well made.

Oh.

Sp1Eagle
22-11-2012, 11:28 PM

Look at Scrumpy's post.

Les Butler
22-11-2012, 11:30 PM
Yep I agree the Moo thing would just not work.

jone-zee
22-11-2012, 11:39 PM
The implication is there. You know that too Mr Backpeddle. Now get back to whining about the queue for the toilet took 5 mins etc :hmph:

1_Neil_Warnock
22-11-2012, 11:41 PM
OP, what difference does it make to you if you have no intention of joining the group? You could make the suggestion on their forum?

Kevlon
22-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Reading this thread really does make me agree with chunt, we really do have a high percentage of weirdo fans. Yes, I am looking in the direction of the OP.

st albans
22-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Most of my mates cringe at the fact we have a load of ultras. I personally would drop it, and nothing to do with what has happened in Rome, but just because it sounds rubbish

jone-zee
22-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Most of my mates cringe at the fact we have a load of ultras. I personally would drop it, and nothing to do with what has happened in Rome, but just because it sounds rubbish

If they aint Palace then I wouldnt give a wank what they thought

Eaglefoz
22-11-2012, 11:57 PM
I couldn't care less and even if I could, it's got nothing to do with me. What the HF refer to themselves as is down to them. This poll, if there was going to be one, should be on the HF messageboard rather than the BBS.
This.

eastend eagle
23-11-2012, 12:08 AM
I you're going to do a poll, then don't write the options in a leading, biased way. It's an insult to everybody, regrdless of their views.

tasty_snacks
23-11-2012, 12:10 AM
This thread is going to create one hell of a storm. And 99% of the precipitation is going to be pointless shit buffetted by hot air.

I'm not particularly fond of the name Rihanna, because it causes people to spell my wife's name incorrectly on credit card applications, nameplates at weddings, christmas cards and the like. I therefore propose that all people called Rihanna immediately change their name to Susan so as to avoid confusion and misassociation.

dondo
23-11-2012, 12:11 AM
When you look at youtube videos of the HF, you see hundreds of comments underneath from all over the world expressing respect to our ultra support, saying stuff like "respect for setting up an ultra group in the UK, I thought the whole supporter scene was dead in England" etc. from Poland, Germany, Italy, Portugal... Which other group in England can claim that?? To be honest reading stuff like that makes me proud we have an ultra group attracting worldwide recognition. Same in England when people ask me about our support when I'm talking to other teams fans. After Millwall I was in the pub and saw there were some guys from France who'd travelled over just to see our ultra support. It seems that people outside Palace appreciate us having an ultra group more than our own fans do! I hope they keep doing what they're doing and we keep on showing Palace fans are the best in the country.

adrenalin john
23-11-2012, 12:14 AM
I remember Raj he of find a training ground and raise 4 million in 6 months fame, criticised the fanatics for calling themselves ultras, saying they were facists.
Since his sinecure stopped I have not seen him at games but that could be nothing

dondo
23-11-2012, 12:23 AM
I remember Raj he of find a training ground and raise 4 million in 6 months fame, criticised the fanatics for calling themselves ultras, saying they were facists.
Since his sinecure stopped I have not seen him at games but that could be nothing

I remember that! Didn't he say "we don't want them at Palace" and then deleted what he said (guessing after loads of backlash) claiming he didn't actually say it? :clown:

cpfcfan124
23-11-2012, 12:27 AM
dowieslovechild, What is wrong with you?!

Eagle96
23-11-2012, 01:09 AM
Our 'Ultras' create songs, banners and noise. Thats it from what i've seen. No trouble whatsoever.

How others from outside (including police) interpret that is their business, just look at the facts and leave it at that

Lighting flares which is very dangerous to others around you is trouble...

This must also cause the club fines, money I'd rather we not threw away because of a few idiots.

I'm 99.9% sure the flares are set off by the HF 99.9% of the time.

What about this?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-15086642

Wouldn't surprise me if most of the Palace fans arrested were part of the HF.

I'm not trying to be unfair but they do occasionally do stupid things, as do most fans from all clubs. In football, the term "ultras" has a negative connotation, I'd stick to calling them the HF personally.

Sp1Eagle
23-11-2012, 01:11 AM

This must also cause the club fines, money I'd rather we not threw away because of a few idiots.

How many times have they injured people?

jamie12
23-11-2012, 01:12 AM
:D
Firstly they've never set one off, only smoke bombs which are completely different.

Not even going to bring up the 'dangerous' nonsense, totally ridiculous.

Eagle96
23-11-2012, 01:30 AM

I don't know, maybe none, but there's always a first time...do you want that first time to be you?

Firstly they've never set one off, only smoke bombs which are completely different.

Not even going to bring up the 'dangerous' nonsense, totally ridiculous.

I know for a fact, yes fact, that it's been flares a few times in the past few seasons. Don't know about this season though...

Obviously the HF are one of the best things to happen to this club, but I hope they don't give us a bad name by doing something stupid.

jamie12
23-11-2012, 01:59 AM
I don't know, maybe none, but there's always a first time...do you want that first time to be you?

I know for a fact, yes fact, that it's been flares a few times in the past few seasons. Don't know about this season though...

Obviously the HF are one of the best things to happen to this club, but I hope they don't give us a bad name by doing something stupid.
Of course mate, of course :D

PeterH
23-11-2012, 02:22 AM
L
What about this?

I'd suggest they would be more likely to be 'old skool' Palace fans up to revisit old times. Who knows?

Sp1Eagle
23-11-2012, 02:25 AM
What about this?

:rolleyes:

Neillo's Son
23-11-2012, 03:16 AM
Ultras in Europe are generally thugs.

The HF are not.

So why the need for the name? It's a pretty honest question that people are getting in an unnecessary huff about, if anything we could do without the 'Ultras' tag regarding the viewpoint of Police in the country.

GodstoneEagle
23-11-2012, 03:45 AM
oh. oh dear god.

1_Neil_Warnock
23-11-2012, 04:00 AM
What about this?

What a sickening uninformed point to back up your terrible argument.

Popester
23-11-2012, 04:09 AM
Should we ditch the word fans too while we are at it? Why should we use the same term as other teams, particularly those we don't like?

As others have said, the HF are the best thing to happen to a palace match day since those hot blond streakers. How anyone can call them cringeworthy is beyond me - unless they either don't come to matches or they have no soul.

audreytatou
23-11-2012, 04:24 AM
they seem like a good bunch of ultras...i like this...however I do like the Greek style 'Hoolligan' monica as were my old Athenian team Aegaleo fc...think it was 'Gate 7 hooligans'??...and they should also adopt the practice of eating delicious Greek food in some lovely taverna after each home game....why do we have to keep taking pops at the HF??, I like what they do, but am I missing something??

biggus mickus
23-11-2012, 05:45 AM
dowieslovechild, What is wrong with you?!

Its the rest of us that are wrong, in his mind.

thefox
23-11-2012, 06:08 AM
"dowieslovechild" definitely seems to have his finger on the pulse here. I hope to see him push further with his crusade against inappropriate names.

Sir Jimmy Saville ?

PhuketEagle
23-11-2012, 06:50 AM
Stop moaning & get behind your team! Colour, noise, excitement, it's what every team & fans hope for..now we've got some. Who cares about a name? We're all in it together...C...P!

Jono14
23-11-2012, 06:53 AM
This thread is ******* embarrassing. Pathetic.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
23-11-2012, 07:09 AM
This thread is ******* embarrassing. Pathetic.

^^^^^^^^^

Biggineagle
23-11-2012, 07:15 AM
Doesnt matter to me, they can call themselves what they like. They are a cog amongst many cogs of Palace fans.

nellis
23-11-2012, 07:22 AM
I think the point the original poster is making is that most people associate, or have become aware of the term 'ultras' through stories of violent fan groups in southern and Eastern Europe. You can be as pedantic as you like, post dictionary definitions and the like, if you ask the average football fan what an ultras group is, they would describe it thus.

He/She is questioning whether, to avoid, the negative connotations of those groups, it would be prudent to call themselves something different.

Difficult to understand the aggressive reaction to this...oh...

Ninjas Headband
23-11-2012, 07:33 AM
What proof is there that the violence in Rome was caused by a group of ultras or is it something the media has leapt on without such proof?

As others have pointed out the ultras tag is about having a particular mentality with supporting your club. How others choose to support their club has no reflection on the HF as much as it does not reflect the rest of the Palace support.

The poll is pointless.

old badger
23-11-2012, 07:52 AM
Vote MOO, its the way forward ! and if the little gits won't change then we should form our own holmesdale moo :moo:

thefox
23-11-2012, 08:04 AM
Doesnt matter to me, they can call themselves what they like. They are a cog amongst many cogs of Palace fans.

Gear, gear.

ExiledStirling
23-11-2012, 08:09 AM
This is the only poll I think I have had cause to vote Moo.

Disappointed it aint winning, However with your help vote 'Moo' and it will win.

You know it makes sense.

Chief Brody
23-11-2012, 08:11 AM
We are Nigel's, we really are. This thread sums it up wonderfully.

philsick
23-11-2012, 08:27 AM
Is the thread starter about 10 years old?

Divisive bullshit.

CP Satellite
23-11-2012, 08:28 AM
It's funny how things change. 15 years ago, If you mentioned the word 'Ultra' to anybody in Britain, you would either get a shrug of the shoulders or some old dear saying that she prefered Persil.

But today, we are falling out over the word because some people have decided it is the new way of saying 'Football thug' and others just think it means being " a bit noisy!".

It's all a matter of perception. The HF lads want to be called Ultras -for as long as they want to. Some people will think it's wrong, for as long as they want to.

Many people won't be fussed one way or the other, because all we really want is to get to the next Palace match and enjoy it for as long as we want to.

viking's no1
23-11-2012, 08:35 AM
Why are people missing the point of the very simple and intelligent question on this thread? The word Ultras has a violent connotation in Europe. It's probably best if it's not used as it could/will cause a lot of unnecessary police interest at Palace matches.

Let's call us all the Palace Nutters or Maddogs instead and see how that goes down. And people wonder why there's an over dramatic police presence as Peterboro of all places. Just think people.

waddoneagle
23-11-2012, 08:37 AM
Sometimes i really wonder about some Palace so called supporters, what a really really crap thread

Raggy
23-11-2012, 08:40 AM
Can the BBS please advise?
I can't decide whether I should change the OP's user name or not.
Dowieslovechild is more or less the same as Dowie's bastard. So why not go the full hog?

Pistol Knight
23-11-2012, 08:41 AM
Sometimes i really wonder about some Palace so called supporters, what a really really crap thread

The BBS is full of them!

KentExpress
23-11-2012, 08:45 AM
We are Nigel's, we really are. This thread sums it up wonderfully.
You're not wrong. For once in my life I find myself agreeing with Millwall & Charlton.

philsick
23-11-2012, 08:50 AM
Is this the nigelist thread of the year.Maybe we need a new thread and a poll for the answer:rolleyes:

CP Satellite
23-11-2012, 08:53 AM
I think we should have a Poll within a Poll on this thread:

Is this thread:

A) Der, der, der, der, der, duh.....******* useless!

B) Son of Aylott, son of Aylott, hello, hello!

C) What a load of rubbish!

D) It's so shit, it's unbelieveable!

CPFC_DAVE77
23-11-2012, 08:59 AM
We are winning, everything is great... What can we discuss (whinge about)...

Lets stop calling Brighton gay because it is stressing out our heterosexuals and lets start a thread about the HF for a change.

Get a grip.

Kevlon
23-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Is this the nigelist thread of the year.Maybe we need a new thread and a poll for the answer:rolleyes:

Out the Nigel's and burn them on a stake!

ForzaPalace
23-11-2012, 09:08 AM

What about this?

I'm not trying to be unfair but they do occasionally do stupid things, as do most fans from all clubs. In football, the term "ultras" has a negative connotation, I'd stick to calling them the HF personally.

I can only assume the 96 in your username is referring to the year you were born because you're certainly acting like a kid.

No HF were arrested that day FYI.

CPFC_DAVE77
23-11-2012, 09:09 AM

What about this?

Shut up you tart.

La Bombonera
23-11-2012, 09:10 AM
As others have said, the HF are the best thing to happen to a palace match day since those hot blond streakers. How anyone can call them cringeworthy is beyond me - unless they either don't come to matches or they have no soul.
They are. They've transformed the atmosphere at Selhurst Park in recent years.

So they're called 'Ultras', so what? Unless they have a reputation for being racist, violent or bringing the club into disrepute (which they don't), then they're having an entirely positive effect in my opinion and long may they reign :p

23-11-2012, 09:13 AM
They are. They've transformed the atmosphere at Selhurst Park in recent years.

So they're called 'Ultras', so what? Unless they have a reputation for being racist, violent or bringing the club into disrepute (which they don't), then they're having an entirely positive effect in my opinion and long may they reign :p
http://imentorleaders.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/hammer_striking_nail_w_sparks.jpg

jone-zee
23-11-2012, 09:17 AM
I can only assume the 96 in your username is referring to the year you were born because you're certainly acting like a kid.

Its probably the year he discovered 'footy' :rolleyes:

Blind_Eagle
23-11-2012, 09:18 AM
What the HF call themselves is down to them. It's got absolutely nothing to do with anyone who isn't a member, it's none of our business.

Embarrassing thread.

nicknackpalace
23-11-2012, 09:23 AM
This, like many others is a stupid thread. Sadly like most of what's on the BBS, the argument is fuelled by ill-informed prejudice.
Some seem to perceive that Ultras is virtually a synonym for hooligans. If their perception was correct then, I could understand their concerns. However the reality is that Ultras is no more a synonym for hooligans than say "football supporters"
Some Ultras in Europe are hooligans. Some football supporters are hooligans. Should the football supporters association change their name because the word "football supporter" is associated by some with hooliganism?

Wikipedia is not my favourite source for accurate information but if you read here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultras - it is very little about hooliganism.

The word "Ultra" reaaly just means "extreme" and that is how it is generally used (not just in relation to football). Generally in football it is people who choose to show there support in extreme ways such as spending hours making displays, singing and cheering their team even when they are not doing well etc etc.

In fact almost anything they call themselves that has any real meaning is open to misinterpretation.

Dave
23-11-2012, 09:24 AM
Anyone who questions the term ultras should be stabbed in the arse.

CPFC_DAVE77
23-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Can a mod please add an option for 'The OP is a helmet' in the poll?

Cheers

Dave
23-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Its probably the year he discovered 'footy' :rolleyes:

That's 17 years ago, many BBSrs weren't even born then

CP Satellite
23-11-2012, 09:28 AM

I think you've hit on a great idea, 96. Perhaps CPFC2010 can open up a little spot at the back of the Holmesdale where people can let off smoke bombs safely?

http://www.cigarettespedia.com/images/5/5f/Palace_jordanian_version_lights_ks_20_h_jordan.jpg

Dave
23-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Football message boards are about debate and discussion. Once we start having rules about what can be discussed then that is the end.

Disagree with OP by all means but to resort to insults before discussion is pathetic.

Sinfidel
23-11-2012, 09:29 AM
I remember when the "Dirty Thirty" got started. That was in the days that local beat Constable George Dixon (He sleeps in his Wolseley 10HP Van Den Plas) was in attendance at most home games. Yes, in those days, the "Thirty" used to light up their Woodbines to create a smoke-bomb atmosphere and when Palace scored, the number of cloth caps thrown into the air created an amazing atmosphere. I also seem to recall a certain Mr Dowieslovechild complaining about the number of Capstan Full Strength dog-ends left lying about in the urinals and that some members of the "Thirty" were chasing them down the trough with streams of piss in a kind of piss-soaked Capstan race. Times really don't change that much, do they.

CPFC_DAVE77
23-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Football message boards are about debate and discussion. Once we start having rules about what can be discussed then that is the end.

Disagree with OP by all means but to resort to insults before discussion is pathetic.

The thread is pathetic, what follows is inevitable.

This isn't a debate RE Ambrose where people who watch palace discuss merits of performance etc.

This is just typical BBS, Palace are winning, so what can we moan about.

Ridiculous thread, some people will never be happy.

nicknackpalace
23-11-2012, 09:36 AM
A further insight for anyone who wants to genuinely understand what "Ultras" are about, rather than peddling their own misconceptions.

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal/2010/11/2/we-dont-fight-we-paint-flags-instead.html

palaceboy1
23-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Top of the league
Best players
Unbeaten in 14
Great owners
Fantastic atmosphere

Blimey its all positive, what crap can we find to moan about , i used to think we were all miserable but a family, now its a miserable family.

Dave
23-11-2012, 09:37 AM
The thread is pathetic, what follows is inevitable.

This isn't a debate RE Ambrose where people who watch palace discuss merits of performance etc.

This is just typical BBS, Palace are winning, so what can we moan about.

Ridiculous thread, some people will never be happy.

If you disagree, either put your point over or go to another thread.

It is not like posting on this thread is compulsory (unless you are Maz)

Random*
23-11-2012, 09:39 AM
If there was ever a question more deserving a moo response, it's this one.

eagle mart
23-11-2012, 09:39 AM
It's tarring the everyone with the same brush through your own ignorance.

Football supporters - hooligans
Ultras - Fascists
Tweeting the Crystals - Creepy

;)

milky87
23-11-2012, 09:44 AM
they can be left or right wing

Bit like Zaha.

They must be worth millions as a massive group if Zaha is worth £20m on his own

PauLo
23-11-2012, 09:44 AM
I love the "we're top of the league, why does it matter?" argument. As if being top of the league means you can't discuss other subjects, whether it be positive or negative. Completely daft logic.

As for the thread, I can see where the OP is coming from. Don't fully agree, but I understand where he's coming from. We all know the HF aren't angels, but compared to other clubs fanatics/ultras/whatever you want to call them, they're fine. Unfortunately, people outside of football will only know the word 'Ultra' to be connected to the violence reported in the news. I guess it's all about how certain people view them, which is kind of what the OP was saying. Hardly worthy of the abuse he's been getting on here, is it?

Some people are far too defensive when it comes to Palace. As much as I hate to admit it, we aren't perfect.

CPFC_DAVE77
23-11-2012, 09:46 AM

But why, always, when things are going well does there have to be a stream of pointless, negative threads.

The HF have transformed the armosphere at Palace; whilst I don't agree with everything they do, on the whole, I think they should be cherished by all Palace fans, not for what they do when we are winning, but for what they do when we are losing.

The HF represent the antithesis of threads like this, only so people can spread pointless negativity.

CP Satellite
23-11-2012, 09:46 AM
A further insight for anyone who wants to genuinely understand what "Ultras" are about, rather than peddling their own misconceptions.

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal/2010/11/2/we-dont-fight-we-paint-flags-instead.html

This is the bit I liked! :

"Price doesn’t have to be an obstacle and fans of both Brighton & Hove Albion and Cardiff City have purchased costly giant flags during the last few seasons. However, the flags went missing after a few uses; a builder chucking out Albion’s after mistaking it for rubbish, and Cardiff’s eventually being recovered from amongst the rubble at Ninian Park. In contrast, ultra groups abroad liaise with the club owners on a regular basis, and some clubs provide safe storage rooms for flags and banners."

CPFC_DAVE77
23-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Unfortunately, people outside of football will only know the word 'Ultra' to be connected to the violence reported in the news.

Who cares what people outside of football think? Do you think that people who have no interest in football give a shit about Palace, let alone the HF?

Chris K
23-11-2012, 09:51 AM
None of our business what they are called. Let them crack on and have fun

Maz
23-11-2012, 09:59 AM

It would seem like (rather sad) people name-checking me on every thread is becoming compulsory though.

Oh bugger - now I've posted on the thread, so I'd better offer an opinion. I like the name Holmesdale Front, would be sorry to see it replaced.

But they can surely call themselves what they like.

PauLo
23-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Who cares what people outside of football think? Do you think that people who have no interest in football give a shit about Palace, let alone the HF?

Some people do. Hence this thread. They may not have an interest in football, but they still have opinions and when they see violence at football matches in the news and hear the word ultras, football fans as a whole get judged. It's not right, but it happens. And it may not bother you, but it does bother others. No need to insult and belittle people that it does bother.

jcreedy
23-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Wow. There's a poll on this?!

Candidate for worst thread of the year.

ffsear
If people are stupid enough to come to a knee jerk conclusion about a group of people, purely because of what they decide call themselves, then its their own problem. Let them worry about it!

The rest of us have enough common sense to make a sensible judgement

cranesparkeagle
Whats in a name. Its how they support Palace that matters. Alll the good aspects

smileysmith
23-11-2012, 10:17 AM
Haven't bothered to read the thread, but our 'ultras' should only be defined by what they do, and not what some of the twats in Europe who 'may' call themselves ultras do.

Whilst the word always makes me cringe a little, that is hardly a reason for them not to use it.

(I always refer to them as the fanatics anyway, it saves me cringing) ;)

To be clear, because I have mentioned the cringe factor, I have nothing but positive thoughts about our fanatics. The cringe factor is my own problem.

Random*
23-11-2012, 10:45 AM
But why, always, when things are going well does there have to be a stream of pointless, negative threads.

Because the Internet.

The HF have transformed the armosphere at Palace; whilst I don't agree with everything they do, on the whole, I think they should be cherished by all Palace fans, not for what they do when we are winning, but for what they do when we are losing.

The HF represent the antithesis of threads like this, only so people can spread pointless negativity.

That I agree with. They could call themselves the Holmesdale Fancies for all I care as long as they continue to show most of the rest of the country what a football atmosphere is.

dowieslovechild
23-11-2012, 10:46 AM

Its just the same old same Dave. The minute an alternative opinion is aired, its the same people, spurting out the same tired rubbish.

I might not agree on certain people's opinions, but I would defend their given right to have one, hence why I have never understood why people on here (the same people) find it necessary to have a little dig at people posting an opinion which differs from their own. FFS, stop being pathetic, etc, etc. Jamie12 (I think that must be a reference to his mental age or maybe his IQ?) is my particular favourite neg rep 'You really are a pathetic, sad individual'. He was definitely right about the sad bit, sad that I find myself associated by default with fans of the club which I have supported my entire life, who feel it necessary to write such nonsense.

People have posted that it is really none of my business what they call themselves, I would agree, but I set up this poll, out of my own interest and curiosity, to gauge what other members thought.

What I find really interesting is that the poll is currently speaking for itself. It is just a shame that these individuals, who according to this poll, are the minority, are too blinkered to see this for themselves.

Chief Brody
23-11-2012, 10:59 AM

You secure on that front Dave or do we need to start digging? :angel:

Blind_Eagle
23-11-2012, 11:05 AM
What I find really interesting is that the poll is currently speaking for itself.

The way that poll is going it could well be Moo's finest hour.

The Sniper
23-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Bore off dowieslovechild.

That is all.

dowieslovechild
23-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Bore off dowieslovechild.

That is all.

:moo: :S:

Sceagle
23-11-2012, 11:09 AM
Whilst Ultras is a stupid name and implies they are something which they are not, who cares really? They create atmosphere and that in turn helps the team win games (Sheff Wed game for example).

nathe
23-11-2012, 11:11 AM
I think some people on this thread are taking themselves far too seriously

Chief Brody
23-11-2012, 11:25 AM
So pleased my parents didn't end up calling me Adolf....

Civic
23-11-2012, 11:26 AM
The only way is MOO!

ForzaPalace
23-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Whilst Ultras is a stupid name and implies they are something which they are not, who cares really? They create atmosphere and that in turn helps the team win games (Sheff Wed game for example).

I don't think you know what ultra means

Sceagle
23-11-2012, 11:39 AM
If you say so.

The Sniper
23-11-2012, 11:54 AM

Ultra means right wing Italins who like to get stabby.

dowieslovechild
23-11-2012, 11:56 AM
It is also a name for toilet paper

rhynoeagle
23-11-2012, 11:59 AM
I personally get embarrassed when I read ultras, the HF are class but they certainly aren't ultras.

CPFC_DAVE77
23-11-2012, 11:59 AM
Ultra means right wing Italins who like to get stabby.

And what does sniper indicate then?

dondo
23-11-2012, 12:06 PM
I personally get embarrassed when I read ultras, the HF are class but they certainly aren't ultras.

Why, what are ultras, expert?

Blind_Eagle
23-11-2012, 12:09 PM
The only way is MOO!

Nose in front now. Could Moo actually win a poll for the first time ever? :D

BBK
23-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Wow. There's a poll on this?!

Candidate for worst thread of the year.
It gets my vote, dire thread.

waddoneagle
23-11-2012, 12:20 PM
It gets my vote, dire thread.

It really is

Lords Eagle
23-11-2012, 12:20 PM
I think they should be renamed, how about 'Palace Fans', has a nice ring to it.

dowieslovechild
23-11-2012, 12:23 PM
I know, let's cover up our faces with scarves (just like the Italians, whose name we have copied), that way we'll look more menacing :rolleyes:

Is it any wonder that other clubs mock?

Such a shame to spoil it, as the atmosphere created is fantastic, but this, well IMHO it just makes you lot a little silly, like little boys playing at trying to look all hard.

waddoneagle
23-11-2012, 12:25 PM
I know, let's cover up our faces with scarves (just like the Italians, whose name we have copied), that way we'll look more menacing :rolleyes:

Seriously what is your problem with a group of Palace fans that really have not caused any problems, just follow Palace home and away, You really are begining to look really silly on this thread

Kevlon
23-11-2012, 12:30 PM

Such a shame to spoil it, as the atmosphere created is fantastic, but this, well IMHO it just makes you lot a little silly, like little boys playing at trying to look all hard.

Jesus...... are you for real? The reason we get mocked is because of people like YOU! You are the very definition of the name nigel.

Kevlon
23-11-2012, 12:33 PM

Out of interest why do you get embarrassed? A lot of other clubs praise our support and especially the ultras. It only seems on here that they get negative press.

And why are they certainly not ultras?

I'm not fishing, just interested in your answer.

PauLo
23-11-2012, 12:35 PM
No one is coming out of this thread with any credit, be it Dowieslovechild or any of the reactionary HF defenders. The replies have been just as embarrassing.

ffsear
23-11-2012, 12:35 PM

AHa, the truth comes out! Never a problem with the name, just wants to have a go at the HF.

Bore off

dowieslovechild
23-11-2012, 12:41 PM
Seriously what is your problem with a group of Palace fans that really have not caused any problems, just follow Palace home and away, You really are begining to look really silly on this thread

My problem waddoneagle, is that dressed in this get up, not only do they look rather silly, but the menacing perception that it gives out, IMHO, is rather hypocrictical of what everybody tells me that they stand for, a peaceful following of people who create great atmosphere and colour.

Why the need to cover up their faces with scarves? Either it was very cold that day, or a few of them were giving it the Billy Big Bollocks by covering up their faces, Italian stylee.

AHa, the truth comes out! Never a problem with the name, just wants to have a go at the HF.

Bore off

I don't want to have a go at HF, ffsear, I just think that all this covering up of the faces with scarves nonsense looks a little silly, it is very copy cat and gives out the wrong perception. People are very quick to get irate, when other clubs take our songs, but we are no different, when we are copying other clubs established identities.

ForzaPalace
23-11-2012, 12:44 PM
My problem waddoneagle, is that dressed in this get up, not only do they look rather silly, but the menacing perception that it gives out, IMHO, is rather hypocrictical of what everybody tells me that they stand for, a peaceful following of people who create great atmosphere and colour.

Why the need to cover up their faces with scarves? Either it was very cold that day, or a few of them were giving it the Billy Big Bollocks by covering up their faces, Italian stylee.

Your name is Nigel Nigelson isn't it?

bonzo
23-11-2012, 12:45 PM

You also don't know what Ultras are. Some massive Idiots on here who don't know what there talking about.

Why the need to cover up their faces with scarves?
Because they've been targeted by the police in the past, who have shown a willingness to tell porkies in an effort to get football banning orders imposed on innocent lads looking to enjoy the football?

pauldrulez
What a Nigella.

Selhurst Celtic
dowieslovechild, please follow this link:

http://www.holmesdale.proboards.com

This thread is divisive. Take it to the root for your answers.

PauLo
23-11-2012, 12:48 PM
What is a Nigel? With a few exceptions, i've only ever seen it aimed at people who put forward decent conversations and get shouted down and insulted by people who don't understand what they're talking about or unwilling to accept other peoples points of view :confused:

pauldrulez
23-11-2012, 12:51 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/images/characters_cast/characters/nigel_b/nigel_bates_large_1.jpg

The Sniper
23-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Jesus...... are you for real? The reason we get mocked is because of people like YOU! You are the very definition of the name nigel.

Exactly.
“Fans” who enjoy nothing better than to try and divide our support by creating pointless negative online topics so there will be pages of petty arguing and a clowd of negativity over a non issue, which is what gives the BBS a bad name.

Anyway he got what he wanted so happy days for him. I know who I would rather stand next to at Palace given the choice :p

23-11-2012, 12:53 PM
What is a Nigel? With a few exceptions, i've only ever seen it aimed at people who put forward decent conversations and get shouted down and insulted by people who don't understand long words or willing to accept other peoples points of view :confused:
It's a Millwall term for Palace fans, and comes from the term "Stripey Nigel". This is funny because we wear stripped football shirts, which are also like the stripped blazers that public schools boys wear, and who Millwall fans think we all are (an outrage, since my blazer had no stripes).

I don't really mind the term to be honest. It's effective as a Millwall term in identifying that they see us as generally being of a higher social status in life than them (each of whom is directly descended from a salt of the earth docker, unlike our fathers who it seems owned the ships they unloaded).

Any Palace fan using the term is, I'm afraid, an absolute **** of the highest order in that they are apping Millwall, a crime that should be punishable by death. The same goes for calling Millwall "Wall".

Seeing Brighton fans using it is even funnier, since they are clearly a bunch of Tarquins.

smileysmith
23-11-2012, 12:59 PM
It's a Millwall term for Palace fans, and comes from the term "Stripey Nigel". This is funny because we wear stripped football shirts, which are also like the stripped public school boy blazers that Millwall fans think we all are (an outrage, since my blazer had no stripes).

I don't really mind the term to be honest. It's effective as a Millwall term in identifying that they see us as generally being of a higher social status in life than them (each of whom is directly descended from a salt of the earth docker, unlike our fathers who it seems owned the ships they unloaded).

Any Palace fan using the term is, I'm afraid, an absolute **** of the highest order in that they are apping Millwall, a crime that should be punishable by death. The same goes for calling Millwall "Wall".

Seeing Brighton fans using it is even funnier, since they are clearly a bunch of Tarquins.
Gotta love this post.

dowieslovechild
23-11-2012, 01:00 PM
What is a Nigel? With a few exceptions, i've only ever seen it aimed at people who put forward decent conversations and get shouted down and insulted by people who don't understand what they're talking about or unwilling to accept other peoples points of view :confused:

There are many on here who do not respect other people's opinions PauLo.

They mock that Moo will win the poll and further mock when they don't agree with what others have posted, whilst completely losing sight of the fact that over 38% of people who have viewed this poll have voted yes to dropping the name. It is that percentage which drives me on to stand my ground.

As previously mentioned, I totally agree that it none of my business what they call themselves, I am just curious as to what others think and I am big enough and old enough to ignore the insults, which comes with the territory on here, due to the blinkered nature of a few of them.

CPFC_DAVE77
23-11-2012, 01:01 PM

Shut up you ******* Nigel. :rolleyes:

23-11-2012, 01:02 PM
over 38% of people who have viewed this poll have voted yes to dropping the name. It is that percentage which drives me on to stand my ground.
Or another way of looking at it would be that 77 people on an internet message board agree with you on a topic they have no influence over, and on which standing or not standing your ground will have no effect.

dowieslovechild
23-11-2012, 01:02 PM

I rest my case :rolleyes:

Or another way of looking at it would be that 77 people on an internet message board agree with you on a topic they have no influence over, and on which standing or not standing your ground will have no effect.

Or another way of looking at is, was that my sole reason for creating this poll, was to see the opinion of others, it had absolutely nothing to do with influencing anything, as you have politely put forward.

Bonzo has left a nice neg rep with the comment 'we need less fans like you'.

That comment was wasted on me, it was like water off an old duck's back, but maybe tell that to CPFC2010, each time I purchase multiple tickets to watch a game?

thefox
23-11-2012, 01:04 PM
What a Nigella.

Cracking jugs.

switchboard
23-11-2012, 01:08 PM

PauLo
23-11-2012, 01:10 PM

NIGEL ARMY :lux: :lux: :lux:

Skin Up
23-11-2012, 01:13 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/images/characters_cast/characters/nigel_b/nigel_bates_large_1.jpg

Whilst it's very Nigel-like to mention this, there was an Eastenders episode that sticks in the memory as it's the only time I think Palace have been mentioned on the show. Also as Palace never get mentioned much in pop culture on the rare occassions it happens (such as Sean's show) it does stay in the long term memory.

Anyway, Eastenders random show, sometime in the late 90s. The episode was about football as some Irish kid had come to London to make it as a professional footballer. The Mitchell brothers were shown to be WHU fans, the token jewish character professed her love for Spurs, someone (maybe Arthur) came out as a gooner and the sole Palace supporting character was the bloke Paul has a pic of.

Maybe the actor is a Palace fan or more likely the scriptwriter was a knuckle dragger who couldn't resist making Nige a Palace fan.

Eagle96
23-11-2012, 01:16 PM
Shut up you tart.

It's so easy to write that behind a computer screen, isn't it? Face facts you ignorant man

Eagle96
23-11-2012, 01:17 PM

My point is that the HF get into trouble, and that's the truth.

The only one acting like a 'kid' here is you and Dave77... you're both so naive. Just because they sing and make noise doesn't mean they're angels sent from above ffs.

PS
Jamie12 you ain't got a clue.

23-11-2012, 01:17 PM
It's so easy to write that behind a computer screen, isn't it? Face facts you ignorant man
In fairness to Dave, I once accused him of hiding behind a computer screen, and would he like to meet so he could say that to my face, etc.

He beat the shit out of me and I still need a cane to walk.

PauLo
23-11-2012, 01:19 PM
In fairness to Dave, I once accused him of hiding behind a computer screen, and would he like to meet so he could say that to my face, etc.

He beat the shit out of me and I still need a cane to walk.

I hear the 77 is reference to how many people he's put in hospital...

Sp1Eagle
23-11-2012, 01:22 PM

:clown:

Sp1Eagle
23-11-2012, 01:24 PM
My point is that the HF get into trouble, and that's the truth.

The only one acting like a 'kid' here is you and Dave77... you're both so naive. Just because they sing and make noise doesn't mean they're angels sent from above ffs.

PS
Jamie12 you ain't got a clue.

You make it sound like the HF are the only Palace fans who get into trouble.

Selhurst Celtic
23-11-2012, 01:29 PM

It's how many times he'll jib you up the arse with a craft knife.

New LP
23-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Going away from the argument about ultras for a moment; it's always made me laugh that Millwall think the name Nigel is 'posh'. No doubt they think that upgrading your KFC is posh to or buying the more expensive men's range in Primark.

dowieslovechild
23-11-2012, 01:30 PM
:clown:

Sp1Eagle. Come and join me at the Huddersfield game. Block D, Lower Holmesdale, Row 34, Seat 58 and maybe you would like to continue with your silliness, but to my face.

Alternatively, let me know exactly where you'll be sitting and I will happily come to you.

Selhurst Celtic
23-11-2012, 01:31 PM
You make it sound like the HF are the only Palace fans who get into trouble.

I'll hold my hands up here. I have been in trouble at the football, some of it well documented. That's all behind me now as I am (semi) retired from acting the goat at the football.

I have never been in the HF.

Del Fenner
23-11-2012, 01:32 PM
It would be interesting to see the outcome of a fan's vote. Do we or don't we drop the dowieslovechild name? Sadly I do not know how to set one up.

I would vote to drop it.

Les Butler
Just got out of the sack,morning here in Canada and found this thread has reached the usual grand heights of stupid when anything HF is discussed on here.

Its taken immediately as an attack on them rather than a chat if you think the name Ultra is alright or not.

All this postering...... Man, dunno about Nigel's but maybe all a bunch of tits getting a tad too serious about a chat about something that will change nothing ?

Selhurst Celtic

No matter what you do in life that makes you proud, there are over a billion people in China who couldn't give a shit.

dowieslovechild
23-11-2012, 01:35 PM
It would be interesting to see the outcome of a fan's vote. Do we or don't we drop the dowieslovechild name? Sadly I do not know how to set one up.

I would vote to drop it.

You would be doing me a huge favour if it was dropped :D

jone-zee
23-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Sp1Eagle. Come and join me at the Huddersfield game. Block D, Lower Holmesdale, Row 34, Seat 58 and maybe you would like to continue with your silliness, but to my face.

Alternatively, let me know exactly where you'll be sitting and I will happily come to you.

Thought you were against threatening behaviour posturing etc? :confused:

23-11-2012, 01:36 PM
You would be doing me a huge favour if it was dropped :D
I must admit, I don't like to dwell on the name. The thought of what such a child would look like....it's enough to give you nightmares

Les Butler
23-11-2012, 01:37 PM
I'll hold my hands up here. I have been in trouble at the football, some of it well documented. That's all behind me now as I am (semi) retired from acting the goat at the football.

A few of us visited the little police hut at the top of the Holmesdale :D mate got a good kicking in there for saying the wrong words once or twice,slow learner.

AndyStreet
23-11-2012, 01:41 PM
It's actually how many centimetres tall he is. (Sorry, Dave).

dowieslovechild
23-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Thought you were against threatening behaviour posturing etc? :confused:

Exactly where did I say that jone-zee?

I said that they looked rather silly in their get up and I also wrote, did we want to be associated with a name which many see as a group of Italians thugs. I can't recall saying that I was against threatening behaviour, posturing etc....so maybe you are trying to do the jone-zee putting words into other people's mouths routine with me?

I am giving the individuals who insult me online the opportunity to do it to my face. Now that might be a bravery me on my part and I am not normally a gambler, but on this occasion I would wager that I am not going to lose much sleep, worrying about the keyboard warriors on here.

nathe
23-11-2012, 01:43 PM
I voted moo

Dave
23-11-2012, 01:43 PM
He likes putting things in peoples mouths

TheMexicanHorse
23-11-2012, 01:47 PM

You failed to mention the fact you were also an advisor on the top Hollywood 'flick' Green Street.

dowieslovechild
23-11-2012, 01:47 PM
I voted moo

Right Nathe! That's it, I've finally had enough! Let's settle this over a cigarette outside. We've not had one for at least an hour :D

Selhurst Celtic
23-11-2012, 01:50 PM
You failed to mention the fact you were also an advisor on the top Hollywood 'flick' Green Street.

http://www.zuguide.com/image/Elijah-Wood-Green-Street-Hooligans.8.jpg

Worst. Cash machine. Ever.

TheMexicanHorse
23-11-2012, 01:51 PM
http://www.zuguide.com/image/Elijah-Wood-Green-Street-Hooligans.8.jpg

Everytime :hi: :D

RainhamEagle
23-11-2012, 01:52 PM
I you're going to do a poll, then don't write the options in a leading, biased way. It's an insult to everybody, regrdless of their views.

This.

Just this.

Les Butler
23-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Montreal Ultras,we have just got into the MLS, no police you can have a drink in the stadium,never no trouble.

http://images.lpcdn.ca/924x615/201204/07/488751-ultra-montreal-celebrent-deuxieme-but.jpg

Selhurst Celtic
23-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Montreal Ultras,we have just got into the MLS, no police you can have a drink in the stadium,never no trouble.

Never no trouble? So it goes right off everytime? Pwopa love it.

ForzaPalace
23-11-2012, 01:54 PM
They have a two-stick of Comic book guy and Stewie. Says it all.

Selhurst Celtic
23-11-2012, 01:57 PM
In that picture I can see Moby, Ben (wcb) from Eastenders, Kevin from off of American Pie & a pre haircut Julian Speroni.

Les Butler
23-11-2012, 01:58 PM
They have a two-stick of Comic book guy and Stewie. Says it all.

Wot not pwoper ?

Should have a two stick banner about a certain internet site to make it pwoper ;)

23-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Do they sing in English or French?

Les Butler
23-11-2012, 02:00 PM
French and English,lots of Italians involved as well,its who runs the club.

nathe
23-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Right Nathe! That's it, I've finally had enough! Let's settle this over a cigarette outside. We've not had one for at least an hour :D

Be there in 5

Frisky
23-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Moos > Ultras.

If that's not enough to put anyone off the name....

;-)

Dougie Fan
23-11-2012, 02:27 PM
I just hope the HF sit up and take notice and change their stance on being called "ultras" before the inevitable event of hundreds of racist murders at Selhurst by the wannabe facist thugs occurs.

PauLo
23-11-2012, 02:29 PM
It's how many times he'll jib you up the arse with a craft knife.

Kinky bastard.

Scarface
23-11-2012, 02:33 PM
what sort of square starts a thread like this?!

smileysmith
23-11-2012, 02:36 PM
In that picture I can see Moby, Ben (wcb) from Eastenders, Kevin from off of American Pie & a pre haircut Julian Speroni.
There appears to be some form of pirate too ...

dowieslovechild
23-11-2012, 02:48 PM
what sort of square starts a thread like this?!

The same square, who looks at your avatar and cannot take you seriously.

ForzaPalace
23-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Wot not pwoper ?

Should have a two stick banner about a certain internet site to make it pwoper ;)

div

Civic
23-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Nose in front now. Could Moo actually win a poll for the first time ever? :D

It's looking good! :p

Chief Brody
23-11-2012, 03:24 PM
.... I am just curious as to what others think and I am big enough and old enough to ignore the insults, which comes with the territory on here, due to the blinkered nature of a few of them.

DLC, following in the footsteps of Ghandi, Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandella.

dowieslovechild
23-11-2012, 03:42 PM
DLC, following in the footsteps of Ghandi, Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandella.

Death by Scarface's toy machine gun? I'm quaking in my boots at the thought.

Well done Friskey, you spelt moron correctly.

Archiebald Leitch
23-11-2012, 03:42 PM
I blame the drum.

Dave
23-11-2012, 03:43 PM
I blame the drum.

Good point, well made

osouthlondon
23-11-2012, 04:38 PM
What a bunch of total f****** w******. Talk about an over inflated sense of self importance. What the f*** has it got to do with you?

Special mention for Eagle96 assertion that nearly all of the arrests made at Brighton were HF, and that all flares set off between 1908 and yesterday both on land and at sea were HF members. You joke c**t.

Of course the few sensible people are omitted from the above, but what a perfect example of why so many hate this site with a passion.

PauLo
23-11-2012, 04:41 PM
... aaaaaaand breathe.

thefox
23-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Can somebody take DLC to the pub after work, get him steaming pissed and send him home about 10 pm please. :D

Blind_Eagle
23-11-2012, 05:10 PM
What a bunch of total f****** w******. Talk about an over inflated sense of self importance. What the f*** has it got to do with you?

To be fair the majority have actually said the same as that, it's got absolutely nothing to do with anyone other than the HF.

And relax.

23-11-2012, 05:11 PM
what a perfect example of why so many hate this site with a passion.
Blimey. They probably need to take it/themselves less seriously.

The_Mole
23-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Ultra lite :p

Sceagle
23-11-2012, 05:40 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgk4u7YMvS1qehslro1_500.jpg

Del Fenner
23-11-2012, 05:46 PM

Special mention for Eagle96 assertion that nearly all of the arrests made at Brighton were HF, and that all flares set off between 1908 and yesterday both on land and at sea were HF members. You joke c**t.

Of course the few sensible people are omitted from the above, but what a perfect example of why so many hate this site with a passion.
I would hazard a guess that you need to get laid.

The_Mole
23-11-2012, 05:46 PM

Great idea dude. I'm sure the fanaticals are dying to get the results of your poll so they know whether you and some of your bbs chums will let them keep their name.

palace nutter
23-11-2012, 05:50 PM

Congratulations on trying to start a stupid argument and making yourself look a tool.

Pointless thead.

Les Butler
23-11-2012, 05:53 PM

LOL :D

Anger management suggestion plus overreaction post of the thread award :D

Les Butler
23-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Congratulations on trying to start a stupid argument and making yourself look a tool.

Pointless thead.

Its not an argument its a question if the name Ultra should go with the HF, me I think no problem at all.

Why are people so over the top about this, maybe if some of the support for the HF was not so over the top with aggressive name calling because someone dared to ask this thread might have lasted a couple of pages.

Calm down,you are on a Palace site not the seaweeds :D

BBK
23-11-2012, 06:10 PM
But the person who started it has no influence over what they call themselves and it really has nothing to do with him.

Les Butler
23-11-2012, 06:16 PM
But the person who started it has no influence over what they call themselves and it really has nothing to do with him.

This is a forum for all things Palace discussion, are you saying that the HF is off limits for debate unless you only say nice things (which 99% of the time it mostly is) ?

Some of you need to stop being so precious ...

SpikeyMatt
23-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Moos > Ultras.

If that's not enough to put anyone off the name....

;-)

We're the red and moo army.

Les Butler
23-11-2012, 06:18 PM
We're the red and moo army.

^^^^^

People should get angry over this more....:D

Gerry from Sussex
23-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Can you please add a Palace popular front choice to the poll for us lefties?

Oi. We're the People's Palace Popular Front and we woz here first so you can just do one. PPF? Bunch of nancies!!

P.S. I think the HF Ultras are great. Selhurst hasn't been so much fun for years. :p

Les Butler
23-11-2012, 06:25 PM
div

:D Brilliant I have not been called a Div since I was a kid :D

Pos rep given.

Gerry from Sussex
23-11-2012, 06:28 PM
:D Brilliant I have not been called a Div since I was a kid :D

Pos rep given.

Oh you big div!!

Del Fenner
23-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Oh you big div!!
rep tart

MARK PALACE TILL I DIE
23-11-2012, 06:42 PM
A few of us visited the little police hut at the top of the Holmesdale :D mate got a good kicking in there for saying the wrong words once or twice,slow learner.
Oh those were the days..................:D

dowieslovechild
23-11-2012, 06:44 PM

Oh dear, someone needs a hug, shag or maybe both? The throw away use of C word only serves to weaken a post, which was doomed in your opening sentence. An over inflated sense of self importance? Sounds good, but I have no idea how it is in anyway relevant to this thread. Maybe just stick to swearing, it suits your knuckledragging personality.

Forza's use of the div word, an outstanding classroom insult.

http://www.anger-counselling.co.uk/anger.htm?gclid=COrQlqvd5bMCFUbKtAodTnoA9g

Les Butler
23-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Forza's use of the div word, an outstanding classroom insult.

Classroom ?

My Dad used to call me that !

Midfieldgeneral
23-11-2012, 07:13 PM
They don't need to be called anything, just palace fans. When I stood over there in the 70's & 80's we didn't have any name, we just started the singing and some did the fighting (not me) when the away fans got in with us although the law used to get in quick. Happy days.

waddoneagle
23-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Well i am at Leeds tomorrow and will be very happy to stand with the HF, The Palace Ultras:p

pauldrulez
23-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Blimey. They probably need to take it/themselves less seriously.
^

I'm not the greatest fan of this site and know a lot of people on here who don't particularly like me, nor I them.

But, you do need a certain type of sense of humour to be on here.

viking's no1
23-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Why can't you read what the thread is about? It's about the name ultra. If you want to have police watching you then call yourself an ultra. Alternatively, call yourself a c**t and they'll probably leave you alone. The name ultra doesn't just affect a few youngsters who want to use it because it's edgy, it affects all Palace fans because of it's association with violence and sensible ones should refrain from using it and educate those younger ones who don't know what the connotations of that name entail.

Reps AJ
23-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Please don't go into General Chit Chat, it's going to mess with your mind

nicknackpalace
23-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Why can't you read what the thread is about? It's about the name ultra. If you want to have police watching you then call yourself an ultra. Alternatively, call yourself a c**t and they'll probably leave you alone. The name ultra doesn't just affect a few youngsters who want to use it because it's edgy, it affects all Palace fans because of it's association with violence and sensible ones should refrain from using it and educate those younger ones who don't know what the connotations of that name entail.

Maybe it's not the younger ones who need educating.
Try these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultras

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal/2010/11/2/we-dont-fight-we-paint-flags-instead.html is an informative read.

dowieslovechild
23-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Try these:

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal/2010/11/2/we-dont-fight-we-paint-flags-instead.html is an informative read.

Nothing says heterosexual males quite like a group of 'ultras' who go around stabbing fans in the arse or groin. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the education, but I'll stick with being a plain old Palace fan.

viking's no1
23-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Try these:

Oh, hold on, I'll just put up a new wiki page shall I? The problem is the younger ones don't appreciate that ultras were killing people in Europe whilst running around with scarves covering their faces long before some bloke with a drum rolled up at Palace with a few friends who think they have to wear scarves round their faces. Just to let you know, it's not a good idea to start goosestepping along the concourse whilst raising your right arm in the air. It's a bit like Hitler on here thinking Hitler is a good username. FYI, it's not.

And I refuse to take anything to do with Madonna seriously.

Ketteridge
23-11-2012, 08:20 PM
I think the HF should paint a banner saying "Always Ultra"

Les Butler
23-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Why to I think of milk when Ultra is said ?

dowieslovechild
23-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Or Charmin Ultra?

Ironic that the advert strap line is that it's comfortable on the bottom, which could be handy, when removing a knife from it :D

Les Butler
23-11-2012, 08:46 PM
We don't have bottom stabbers ?

smileysmith
23-11-2012, 09:03 PM
And I refuse to take anything to do with Madonna seriously.
:)

FORZA SELHURST
23-11-2012, 10:01 PM
'Ultra' is a generic term, Europe and world-wide that doesn't need to have any particular association with specific italian clubs and nor should any be imputed.

jone-zee
23-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Well i am at Leeds tomorrow and will be very happy to stand with the HF, The Palace Ultras:p
Indeed unlike some who feel the need to belittle the HF.

Ewww must hate them because I wish to be in the Hate The Drum clique and keep in with some IT geek who thought Crystal Palace was a BBC transmission tower until footy became muuusttt seeee.

Eagle96
23-11-2012, 10:16 PM

:hi:

Eagle96
23-11-2012, 10:20 PM

Ewww must hate them because I wish to be in the Hate The Drum clique and keep in with some IT geek who thought Crystal Palace was a BBC transmission tower until footy became muuusttt seeee.

Pipe the f*ck down.

This division between the HF and other Palace fans pisses me off. In your posts on this thread you make it sound like it's us and them, as if they're the "best" Palace fans and the rest of us are a bunch of nigels.

We're lucky to have them but jesus, stop the bum licking for one second.

dowieslovechild
23-11-2012, 10:31 PM

Nobody is hating them jone-zee, this thread is a poll. Seriously, are you really that stupid, to believe that when someone disagrees with your own view, you instantly reach a decision that it makes them haters?

Glad to see that I have got under your skin tonight, it wasnt particularly hard and congratulations on displaying excellent felching skills, I do hope that you floss? It'll come in handy when getting the nutty bits out.

jone-zee
23-11-2012, 10:32 PM
Pipe the f*ck down.

This division between the HF and other Palace fans pisses me off. In your posts on this thread you make it sound like it's us and them, as if they're the "best" Palace fans and the rest of us are a bunch of nigels.

We're lucky to have them but jesus, stop the bum licking for one second.

Not me doing it just some on here Oh and may I suggest you 'pipe down' (when did civvies start using that?? )as you obviously are in need of a kip :hi:

OscillateWildly
23-11-2012, 10:38 PM
The HF are a credit to our club.

jone-zee
23-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Nobody is hating them jone-zee, this thread is a poll. Seriously, are you really that stupid, to believe that when someone disagrees with your own view, you instantly reach a decision that it makes them haters?

Glad to see that I have got under your skin tonight, it wasnt particularly hard.

Under my skin? LOL

Just Cant see why so many on this site seem to go out of their way to put The HF down at every opportunity. If it aint songs its the drum If it aint that its the way they dress Cant meet the criteria on that? The fact they have become organised etc etc.

At least the majority of them actually go to games home and away.

dowieslovechild
23-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Under my skin? LOL

Just Cant see why so many on this site seem to go out of their way to put The HF down at every opportunity. If it aint songs its the drum If it aint that its the way they dress Cant meet the criteria on that? The fact they have become organised etc etc.

At least the majority of them actually go to games home and away.

I have just had a quick look at your profile. Is hero-worshipping a group of young supporters at your age maybe a tad unhealthy?

I'm seriously thinking about nicknaming you The Scoutmaster.

Eagle96
23-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Not me doing it just some on here Oh and may I suggest you 'pipe down' (when did civvies start using that?? )as you obviously are in need of a kip :hi:

The only one needing a kip is you old man

23-11-2012, 10:52 PM
when did civvies start using that??
Sometime in the 19th centuary as far as I can tell. The naval phrase comes from the 18th centuary, with the bosun piping people to go below, but by the 1850's seems to have been used to tell people to be quiet.

west country boy
23-11-2012, 10:57 PM
We don't have bottom stabbers ?http://www.cpfc.org/forums/member.php?u=3246

st albans
23-11-2012, 11:02 PM
I'm confused, aren't they called Fanatics? Or has that been dropped?

Les Butler
23-11-2012, 11:04 PM
The HF are a credit to our club.

Absolutely, I don't think anyone has said otherwise ,the only negativity and abuse is coming from posters who think it should not be discussed which is very strange.

dowieslovechild
23-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Absolutely, I don't think anyone has said otherwise ,the only negitivity and abuse is coming from posters who think it should not be discussed which is very strange.

It speaks volumes Les, there are many strange people on the BBS (myself included I don't mind adding) and this thread has served one of it's purposes to highlight that issue.

One of the reasons that I started this thread, was to highlight these singleminded individuals, those who do not respect alternative opinions. It was not difficult to get them to crawl out of their caves, as they thrive on putting people down.

BBK
23-11-2012, 11:19 PM
This is a forum for all things Palace discussion, are you saying that the HF is off limits for debate unless you only say nice things (which 99% of the time it mostly is) ?

Some of you need to stop being so precious ...
Do you change your opinion every page?

the only negativity and abuse is coming from posters who think it should not be discussed which is very strange
What?

Les Butler
23-11-2012, 11:23 PM
Do you change your opinion every page?

What?

I will respond with ...WTF ? :D