PDA

View Full Version : Dortmund, Fenerbahçe, River Plate, Crystal Palace

TrevorWel
25-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Stumbled across this gem on Youtube, was pleasantly surprised to see Palace included :lux:.

Some brilliant chants on this vid, Stuttgart's song to the tune of Mrs. Robinson is a cracker!

x5yG0N8YP_M

CP Satellite
25-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Stumbled across this gem on Youtube, was pleasantly surprised to see Palace included :lux:.

Some brilliant chants on this vid, Stuttgart's song to the tune of Mrs. Robinson is a cracker!

x5yG0N8YP_M

Hang on! We've surely go to use the first chant on there?!!

Ollie, ole, ole! :D

Dorking .Eagle
25-11-2012, 09:43 PM
(Palace starts at 07:43 by the way)
Totally deserving of their place in that montage for sheer volume alone. Imagine though if the whole stand was also bouncing, with bog rolls flying through the air etc and even more mental scenes!

foxy
25-11-2012, 09:54 PM
The hf have tried the mrs Robinson one but does anyone know how it goes?

pauldrulez
25-11-2012, 10:03 PM
The hf have tried the mrs Robinson one but does anyone know how it goes?
Here's to you Famous Red and Blue,
Selhurst loves you more than you will know (wo-oh-oh)
We'll fight for you Famous Red and Blue,
The Palace boys are with you when you play (eh-eh-eh)
La-La-La etc.

OakwoodEagle
25-11-2012, 10:18 PM
La-La-La etc.

I really like this one, but it never catches on. Although they don't sing it much any more.

ForzaPalace
25-11-2012, 10:41 PM
We need to get it going before someone else does and make it 'ours' like we've done with WLY.

This video also proves the importance of having a drum.

Wycombe Eagle#2
25-11-2012, 10:43 PM
Love the San Lorenzo one 2nd one in, absolute quality!

Typical Palace
25-11-2012, 11:10 PM
The HF are impressive but compared to the likes of that rocking stand at Fenerbache or River Plate's streamers, confetti and banners?! Phew

waddoneagle
26-11-2012, 08:57 AM
It's just good to see Palace fans in those clips, It shows that the rest of the world are taking notice of our atmosphere, Well done HF and Palace

Penstone Eagle
26-11-2012, 09:20 AM
The HF are impressive but compared to the likes of that rocking stand at Fenerbache or River Plate's streamers, confetti and banners?! Phew

I wonder if it literally moves like the Leicester stand did at POTD, that was quite unnerving

gingerob
26-11-2012, 09:22 AM
the Aris Thessaloniki F.C. one looks awesome!

Malarkey
26-11-2012, 09:30 AM
I wonder if it literally moves like the Leicester stand did at POTD, that was quite unnerving
I was on crutches at the time...

eagle mart
26-11-2012, 09:56 AM
I like the Mrs Robinson one. Need to get it going.

Penstone Eagle
26-11-2012, 10:23 AM
I was on crutches at the time...

Thought I was going to need crutches afterwards !!!!!

Bankerhater1
26-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Well the tune of "Mrs Robinson" certainly scans .... "Well here's to you Ian Holloway" ...

The Sniper
26-11-2012, 11:11 AM
La-La-La etc.

Great chant, sounded good at the youth game the other week.

Billyd
26-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Mrs Robinson one is quality

CPFC_DAVE77
26-11-2012, 11:41 AM
La-La-La etc.

I sit in Row25 of B and, generally, we always link up with songs fromthe HF boys, old and new.

BUT, there are a group who whenever there is a new song, like to change the words to anything about Ron Noades mum. They do this with every song including We love you and When I was a young boy. It doesn't help as those around them end up joining in.

Best way to get the back of B joining in with songs is to have HF further back for a few games when a new song is being plugged. Might not be doable but i've noticed it helps when it's been done before.

Nothing gets a song going like an away win though!

TwoFace1905
26-11-2012, 11:57 AM
BUT, there are a group who whenever there is a new song, like to change the words to anything about Ron Noades mum. They do this with every song including We love you and When I was a young boy.

Annoying!! What do they get out of doing that?! Must stop the chants from spreading by having wrong lyrics being sung.

jhc
26-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Impressive stuff from the HF:p

Elgood
27-11-2012, 12:20 AM
This is also great stuff....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR_mGZvf_D0&feature=related

NateEagle
27-11-2012, 09:10 AM
The turks and greeks are pretty good huh! That fenerbahce one is immense...camera only focuses on 2 stands but you can see the tier below is doing it too. Great stuff.

Gerry from Sussex
27-11-2012, 09:46 AM

Interesting that most of those are standing. Much easier to get everyone rocking without seats in the way!! They do okay in parts of the Etihad though so maybe not impossible.

Jono14
27-11-2012, 09:53 AM
I sit in Row25 of B and, generally, we always link up with songs fromthe HF boys, old and new.

BUT, there are a group who whenever there is a new song, like to change the words to anything about Ron Noades mum. They do this with every song including We love you and When I was a young boy. It doesn't help as those around them end up joining in.

Best way to get the back of B joining in with songs is to have HF further back for a few games when a new song is being plugged. Might not be doable but i've noticed it helps when it's been done before.

Nothing gets a song going like an away win though!

They're the row in front of me, can get annoying.

glaziers fan
27-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Can someone translate some of those lyrics? ;) The Fenerbahce one is incredible, just for sheer numbers.

Would the HF not be better relocating to the middle of the Holmesdale Lower now? Or even the AW? I'm just thinking that now that the away fans have gone there's no need for them to be where they are. Then it would be easier for other fans who are like-minded to join on - it can spread both ways rather than just one way. The HF have done incredible things; setting it up and getting it going is the hard part. Now it's time to grow it. There's no reason it couldn't double in size within 5 years. What's the core following at the moment? 3,000?

ForzaPalace
27-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Can someone translate some of those lyrics? ;) The Fenerbahce one is incredible, just for sheer numbers.

Would the HF not be better relocating to the middle of the Holmesdale Lower now? Or even the AW? I'm just thinking that now that the away fans have gone there's no need for them to be where they are. Then it would be easier for other fans who are like-minded to join on - it can spread both ways rather than just one way. The HF have done incredible things; setting it up and getting it going is the hard part. Now it's time to grow it. There's no reason it couldn't double in size within 5 years. What's the core following at the moment? 3,000?

Behave. 150 maybe when including fringe members etc.

eagle mart
27-11-2012, 10:25 AM
It’s take years to build-up to that.

You got to say it took a year at least a year for ‘we love you’ to take off. The whole football mentality will need to change for stuff like that to go on, am talking about standing, prawn sandwich brigade.

You have to say, though, we might be the leading light in England, but we are miles behind those others in that footage.. San Lorenzo one was barmy, The Dortmund one as well, they took 20k to a berlin away fixture…. . How Celtic weren’t in there either. They are number one in the UK, on scale and size.

Wycombe Eagle#2
27-11-2012, 11:25 AM
The San Lorenzo tune has been bugging me as I can't get it out of my head and didn't know where the tune came from. They also play in red and blue.

Finally found the tune Creedence Clearwater Revival, Bad moon rising

Kevlon
27-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Would the HF not be better relocating to the middle of the Holmesdale Lower now? Or even the AW? I'm just thinking that now that the away fans have gone there's no need for them to be where they are.

You can't pick up a very large group of season ticket holders and plonk them in the middle of another section of the ground. You have to remember there are lots of other season ticket holders that already sit behind the goal. There probably wouldnt be enough room to house all the HF there.

BBK
27-11-2012, 12:52 PM

They've said before Block B is where they'll be staying.

Adrock
27-11-2012, 01:07 PM
Would the HF not be better relocating to the middle of the Holmesdale Lower now?

It'd be great to be in a position where we could have a bigger impact vocally (front of the upper/middle of Block E would be ideal). But you have to respect that people in these places have been there since the stand became an all-seater and would prefer to sit instead of stand. But of course we would be open to the idea of moving in the Holmesdale if it meant we could have a bigger influence on the atmosphere.

Jono14
27-11-2012, 02:02 PM
00:50 is ******* insane

limited_edition
27-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Great to see the HF in there among two of my fave clubs overseas Fener and River.

TrevorWel
01-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Watching the weed match, can hear the Mrs Robinson song loud and clear.

Sounds fantastic, well done HF.