PDA

View Full Version : Buckley on losing to Palace: "It was devastating and rubbish"

Scrumpy
03-12-2012, 05:34 PM
HAHA! Cheer Up!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20581912

Red&Blue Sussex
03-12-2012, 05:37 PM
"Brighton have now won only one of the last seven meetings between the two sides stretching back the last 10 years."

EagleSE24
03-12-2012, 05:40 PM
"The sending off changed it as we had started off well..."

I have rarely seen a team start as nervously as BHA on Saturday.

AJ8
03-12-2012, 05:46 PM
They should have given Guy Butters a game. He would have been better than Dunk, Borat, Whatshisname or Thingymabob.

Malarkey
03-12-2012, 05:47 PM
it's funny becaue he plays for Brighton

Selhurst Celtic
03-12-2012, 05:47 PM

He's a deluded idiot. They were like a rabbit in the headlights, kicking the ball out of play instead of finding their man.

brighton_eagle
03-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Yup, they started shite and in a way the red saved them from a painful first half, because after that they sat deep and pulled everyone behind the ball. If they'd maintained any kind of attacking intent in the first half we'd have ripped them to pieces. As it was, we only managed one goal.

Second half they tried to come at us a bit more, and we grabbed another couple.

TheCharmer
03-12-2012, 06:06 PM
i was looking out for him, as I'd heard so much about him going into the game, but struggled to see him do anything positive at all. To compare him in the same breathe as zaha or bolasi is a joke

selhurstparkflyer
03-12-2012, 06:09 PM
'when we play them at home we have to beat them'. Yes, of course you do Will.

GeeTee
03-12-2012, 06:16 PM
"Brighton have now won only one of the last seven meetings between the two sides stretching back the last 10 years."

It's actually one in nine now, in all competitions, but over a longer period.

garronrav
03-12-2012, 06:26 PM
He should of mentioned how shit the brighton fans were/are aswell

Mat ov CPFC
03-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Stuff like this just makes the victory sweeter and sweeter. Whilst not on the scale of the sheer ecstasy I felt after the win down at Amex last year its still a gift that will keep giving for a while yet all tempered by the feeling that perhaps we should have got a couple of goals more.

SeaEagle
03-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Will who?

Typical Palace
03-12-2012, 06:34 PM
'They were devastating and I was rubbish'

monkey
03-12-2012, 06:35 PM
"It will probably be on Albion fans' minds forever"

he's right about that though.......I still haven't got over them ruining my christmas in 1979:D

anti-addick
03-12-2012, 06:41 PM
They had one player who looked like he was capable of at least trying to win, and that was that c*nt Mikail-Smith up front, but even considering that he was the very definition of a headless chicken

SJ'sLoveMonkey
03-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Makes you laugh, one of the worst players on the pitch giving it the rallying cry after it! Maybe if you put more effort into trying to play instead of going down as if you were shot every time a Palace player came near you, you might have a right to speak up! Alas..........

Gerry from Sussex
03-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Brighton (both fans and players) are rapidly developing an inferiority complex about Palace. We are better than them but they make it even harder for themselves because they just keep bottling it.

Gerry from Sussex
03-12-2012, 06:58 PM
"It will probably be on Albion fans' minds forever"

he's right about that though.......I still haven't got over them ruining my christmas in 1979:D

Funny thing is that I only remember the wins. The 3-1 when Rash the Bash scored a peach is actually my all time favourite.

JamTheEagle
03-12-2012, 06:59 PM

Bambi on ice, they look like they were going to get a tonking 20 seconds in...

Vince Hilaire's Afro
03-12-2012, 07:01 PM
If I was better than Zaha, and played with that pile of shite, I'd be pissed too.

humpo
03-12-2012, 07:11 PM
http://img.skysports.com/12/01/218x298/Will-Buckley_2705552.jpghttp://www.techinasia.com/techinasia/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/simpsons-haha.jpg

mushroom
03-12-2012, 07:23 PM
soppy ****

Kuqi32
03-12-2012, 07:24 PM
He should of mentioned how shit the brighton fans were/are aswell
A drunk Brighton fan on the train home was saying to me that and I quote:

You have to admit, your fans were shit and we were so much louder

:rolleyes:

If that smiley was made for anything, it was that comment.

The Pork Bolter
03-12-2012, 07:27 PM
They seem to have taken this defeat worse than ever. I wandered over to the newsagent at lunchtime and bought the Evening Ar*ewipe. A surprisingly fairly balanced report accepting the pens, sending off etc from the reporter before he launched into a string of hard luck stories about them having no defenders, bad luck, diving even more diving we shouldn't have let Murray go etc etc etc. Well City of Brighton, the history books will only have one thing. You were stuffed 3-0.

Kuqi32
03-12-2012, 07:28 PM
The thing I really don't understand is that Brighton fans genuinely think the two penalties weren't penalties.

Pikie Punisher
03-12-2012, 07:28 PM
What must be more devastating is that Buckley came up against a real team and was found out as a nothing player. Quite frankly Buckley you're a failure.

squelchy18
03-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Better than Zaha, that guy.

Pikie Punisher
03-12-2012, 07:33 PM
The thing I really don't understand is that Brighton fans genuinely think the two penalties weren't penalties.

That's Brighton fans all over, they just can't handle the fact they're woefully inferior and they also just can't admit that their all w*nkers.

garronrav
03-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Better than Zaha, that guy.

was that his words by the way or did it come from another dillusioonal source

waddoneagle
03-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Nothing will get rid of this grin this week, **** em :p

Jasper
03-12-2012, 08:01 PM

And they ended up getting relegated that season

sydney eagle
03-12-2012, 08:09 PM
"The sending off changed it as we had started off well..."
http://www2.b3ta.com/host/creative/51954/1189855807/cuckoo.png

If that was them "starting off well" then I'd love to see them start badly. We battered them from the first whistle. I think julian stayed in the dressing room for the opening ten mins as he wasn't needed :D

Langers
03-12-2012, 08:10 PM
"The sending off changed it as we had started off well and it could have been a great game but it wasn't to be." .... :clown:

SEEPEEEFFSEE
03-12-2012, 08:11 PM
I'm surprised that someone who never played a part in the game is able to comment really?

Latvian Eagle
03-12-2012, 08:12 PM
How the f**k can he say they started off well? All I remember about the first 10 minutes was us attacking them. Everytime the ball came down our end of the pitch either it went out for a throw in or Mackrel-Smith was giving away free kicks on Johnny Parr... Weird how they clutch at straws when they've just been put to the sword! :clown:

Chris K
03-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Nothing will get rid of this grin this week, **** em :p

Yep, even though my train to Victoria had to sit outside Gatwick for 20 minutes due to signal failures this morning followed by them evacuating Victoria tube whilst I was on the platform which ended with me getting to Peterborough an hour late this morning, I meet the whole incident with good humour

Nelson Muntz
03-12-2012, 08:36 PM
"When we play them at home, we have to make sure we beat them."

Dream on sucker.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
03-12-2012, 08:46 PM
"When we play them at home, we have to make sure we beat them."

Dream on sucker.
I noticed that line. Brighton fans should be incensed. Have they not even tried all the other, many, many times they've failed to do so?

Billyd
03-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Better than Zaha? He like the other 10 mugs bottled it.

Ismale
03-12-2012, 09:28 PM
The weed were Devastatingly Rubbish! get it right Will! FFS Buckley! :D

I honestly cant believe how bad they were!? Bruno? SHITE! Dunk? touch of a rapist to lose control of the ball where he was,the jury surely must be out amongst thier supporters about his performances in the "big" games? (As appossed to his "performances" in the Jury's Inn by all accounts!? ALLEGEDLY! ;) )

Buckley? Ha Ha :) Another overated twat who was "gonna get us" just like Lua Lua was! :D When will the Weed learn & know thier place eh?? Teachers Pupils ect ect,i wont bore you all with what we already know!

Special mention must go to Craig Mackerel-Shit,as i have christened him,for a totally convincing performance of a headless Chicken! Marvellous! :p

Roll on St Patricks day next year down the Gaymex!
I'll be dancing Diddly Dee with Glee when we complete the double over them!

Mind you if anymore of thier players have further
run ins with the law then I'll have to start up a chant that come to me on Saturday!

"Your just a team full of Triallists!" :D

brighton_eagle
03-12-2012, 09:28 PM
"The sending off changed it as we had started off well and it could have been a great game but it wasn't to be." .... :clown:

Oh I don't know. I for one still enjoyed it. :D

vegas78
03-12-2012, 09:38 PM
I had a look at North Stand and my god they are the most deluded set of fans you will ever see. It didn't really matter how many players they had on the pitch, we are better, stronger, fitter, faster, they were never ever getting anything out of that game.

Murray is ours!!!!!!!:lux: :lux: :lux: :lux:

If that was boxing the towel would have be thrown in. For there biggest game of the season they bottled it big style.

Riccardo
03-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Worst B'ton display I've seen against us.

And I'm including the games at the Girl's school they used to play at in Withdean.

Utter horseshit. They really let their fans down.

Palace Kebab
03-12-2012, 10:25 PM
The result has affected them and they may well have a hangover from it and go on a dodgy run of results. It is not as if their recent performances have been up to much despite the rather misleading 7 without defeat according to NSC

Chobham Eagle
03-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Dunk? touch of a rapist to lose control of the ball where he was

Is it really necessary to use such an unpleasant phrase?

Dave Nunn
03-12-2012, 10:38 PM
It's actually one in nine now, in all competitions, but over a longer period.

Statto Statto!!!!

Godstone Eagle
03-12-2012, 10:39 PM
He's right, Brighton did start off well...they got over the halfway line once.

The Pork Bolter
03-12-2012, 10:40 PM

And that sending off? Not according to them.Looking at the highlights I cannot recall a clearer red card for years. According to NSC he would have been unlucky to be given a yellow. My ar*e.

Latvian Eagle
03-12-2012, 10:43 PM
And that sending off? Not according to them.Looking at the highlights I cannot recall a clearer red card for years. According to NSC he would have been unlucky to be given a yellow. My ar*e.

The fact that Dunk knew as soon as he done it that he was off says all those dickheads need to know really. He was pretty much the only Brighton player who didn't actually appeal against it.

Kuqi32
03-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Oh yeah.
He definitely got the ball :p :D

Granada allover
03-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Teachers. Pupils. Learn.

mik59
03-12-2012, 11:57 PM
Will who?^^ THIS ^^

Oh, and

2oqfypvSzII

jamie12
04-12-2012, 12:05 AM
:rolleyes:

Enfield eagle
04-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Turned over during last nights itv anglia news to the itv hd channel which is set up to the meridian area, in order to catch our goals. Hid at the end of their weekend goals round up accompanied with glum faces from the presenters. Hahaha.

No amount of bbc bias will make up the gulf in classbetween the two clubs.

Cms opting to go near post in the 1 on 1 is the sign of a poor player.

PalaceMonkey
04-12-2012, 09:29 AM
As Buckley is the fastest human in existence, I was surprised when he was unable to keep up with Ward, even though Ward had the ball with him.

Celestial Empire
04-12-2012, 01:45 PM
The result has affected them and they may well have a hangover from it and go on a dodgy run of results. It is not as if their recent performances have been up to much despite the rather misleading 7 without defeat according to NSC

I really hope not, this time.
We need them to pull off some unlikely wins against Promo rivals.:cool:

brighton_eagle
04-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Buckley on losing to Palace: "It was devastating and I'm rubbish"

EFA

Jordan's Jacket
04-12-2012, 02:20 PM
After watching on PP I can't believe how poor they were. 10 men maybe, but that doesn't excuse how patheric they were. I thought they were supposed to be a tidy passing side? They passed it more into touch than to their own players. Absolutely terrible performance

GreatGonzo
04-12-2012, 02:39 PM

Unpleasent or fact? I believe the jury decide that next month.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
04-12-2012, 02:42 PM
As Buckley is the fastest human in existence, I was surprised when he was unable to keep up with Ward, even though Ward had the ball with him.
It's recorded vertical speed to the ground, not horizontally along it.

cantspell
04-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Many moons ago, I travelled to the Goldstone one boxing day (1979) and watched us meekly surrender 3 nil including watching us concede from our own corner.

It was therefore so good to watch Brighton turn in such an inept, weak and pathetic display!

Braintree Eagle
04-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Stop being so precious. Have you been convicted of it or something? It's a fairly commenly used term after all. :rolleyes:

Typical Palace
04-12-2012, 07:08 PM
The reaction of the weeds players when FFS was brought down was something else. About 5 of them rushed the ref wielding imaginary cards wanting FFS booked for diving. In the press conference gracious Gus didn't dispute it at all. I thought that keeper was going to get himself sent off for his reaction (never mind it could've been red for the foul) The excellent ref had to calm him down so the pen could whistle past him enough to feel the pain.