PDA

View Full Version : Gary Issott on the academy and Zaha with England

cpfcdan
07-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Gary Issott Academy Matters (http://hltco.wordpress.com/2012/12/07/gary-issott-academy-matters/)

Gary Issott spoke to the official site earlier this week about a range of subjects currently impacting on the academy, from the new structure of fixtures, to the possibility of making it into the Super League and Zaha's development with us, resulting in an England call-up.

His full quotes are attached.

Enjoy.

Malarkey
07-12-2012, 11:05 AM
cheers :p

smileysmith
07-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Thank you :)

cpfcdan
07-12-2012, 12:48 PM
No problem at all. Happy to be of service.

I have to admit, I love the way Gary talks. He's got a huge amount of drive and really does have the best interest of all the youngsters at heart.

A man of huge importance to us in recent years and going forward, too.

Woosie
07-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Tiny pedantic point - it's the Elite Group, even if he did call it the "super league" ;)

The U15 who played half the game against Ippo came on & got an assist against Man City as well.

cpfcdan
07-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Tiny pedantic point - it's the Elite Group, even if he did call it the "super league" ;)

The U15 who played half the game against Ippo came on & got an assist against Man City as well.

In which case, it's fair to say that Corie Andrews sounds like a real prospect, there are so many talented lads below the radar. It's fantastic to see.

Gerry from Sussex
07-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Gary Issott is a star. One thing I'd be interested in asking him is about continuity when we have had so many changes in the first team management post. As he says, we have always started integrating the academy players at 16 or 17. Some of our managers will have come form clubs where they don't do that so I assume Gary himself will have had a huge part in making sure that they take that on board when they come to Palace.

cpfcdan
07-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Gary Issott is a star. One thing I'd be interested in asking him is about continuity when we have had so many changes in the first team management post. As he says, we have always started integrating the academy players at 16 or 17. Some of our managers will have come form clubs where they don't do that so I assume Gary himself will have had a huge part in making sure that they take that on board when they come to Palace.

I don't know for sure, but I'd guess Gary is held up an a jewel in our crown by the owners when talking to possible new managers like Holloway.

Our record with youngsters speaks for itself, so it's only right that the new manager would be eager to get to know Gary and the other coaches to see how we go about our business.

I would imagine Ollie has been very impressed with the depth of quality we have in the academy, which Gary, of course, plays a huge part in.

dan27
25-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Just a thought.

With the sale of Wilf to Man United the latest in a long run of recent academy products moving on due to their sheer quality, we clearly have a lot to thanks Gary Issott and the academy team for.

So at the next home game wouldn't it be nice to show our appreciation to Gary with a song or a display or something? Just a thought but it would be fantastic for them to know how much we appreciate their absolutely fantastic work.

Gazza2
25-01-2013, 01:45 PM
1st Elite league fixture still to be played - scheduled game away at Bolton tomorrow has been cancelled. Away at Reading next week then home to Chels on 9th Feb. Last league game our U18s lost was on Sept 29th!