PDA

View Full Version : Another New Season Ticket Holder!

Scrumpy
10-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Due to having made plans with her sister, my girlfriend couldn’t use her season ticket on Saturday. I rang round some of my mates on Saturday morning trying to see if anyone wanted to use it – free of charge of course- but despite this, for one reason or another, I just couldn’t find anyone who was available as it was so last minute.

Not wanting to see the ticket go to waste I thought I would offer it to a random person in the box office queue. I saw a guy who was in the queue on his own. I overhead a CPFC gamesmaker telling him that if he wanted a ticket for the match he would be best off going to one of the windows at the stand (there was a massive queue of people renewing season tickets), So I approached him and offered him the season ticket for the match, completely free of charge.

He couldn’t quite believe his ears! He said he almost didn’t come to match as he couldn’t find anyone to come with him, but decided at the last minute to come on his own. He also said that he usually sat in the Upper Tier but had always wanted to go into Block B (where our season tickets are).

Once we were in the stadium, he bought me and my brother a beer as a way of thanks. Later, we made our way to the seats and enjoyed the match. We exchanged numbers so we could meet for a pre-match beer in the future.

Anyway this morning I get a text from him to say he enjoyed Saturday so much he has purchased himself a half-season ticket in Block B! Just goes to show what one good deed can do. Glad I didn’t waste that season ticket now.

Skiddo
10-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Love stories like these. Quality :p

Del Fenner
10-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Fantastic story, well done!

selhurstparkflyer
10-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Sounds like you've pulled.

rainbow_child
10-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Sounds like you've pulled.

:o

smudgerseagles
10-12-2012, 01:17 PM
A good tale - im sure when that the 'Bring a Pal' voucher in the ST pack are designed to do exactly this.

Well done

Dave
10-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Nice job

Oh south london
10-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Good work

Jordan's Jacket
10-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Stalker alert