PDA

View Full Version : After today's last gasp equaliser

Isle of Wight
29-12-2012, 10:25 PM
I threw my toys out when that goal went in today and cursed moaned and generally made everyone's life miserable for a few mins. I was asked "why support them if it causes you all this grief? Which stopped me in my tracks as I knew the answer.

1. CPFC is a Rollercoaster team. This means that you get highs that no plastic premier team supporter will ever experience
2. It has the BBs. No other team has anything like this.
3. It has FYP which not only is a great read but gives great twitter.
4. We now have owners talk to the fans. What other clubs gives their fans this level of contact?
5. We have bespoke kit that was designed by the fans that looks great especially the brazillianesq away kit.
6. We have Selhurst Park. That away supporters hate as it is old, difficult to get to and has wooden seats designed for when the average supporter was smaller, so you knees end up on your chin. But it's like a comfy old pair of slippers, it's our home.
7. We have a new young exuberant group of supporters that put zeal into supporting the team. If you could shave 30 odd years from me I would be in the thick of them.
8. We have other supporters that really care. Look at the Trust. Forget any detail but we had a bunch of people who put huge effort into trying to save the club. Same with those that went up to London at CPFC's darkest hour. If they hadn't done that would we still have a CPFC?
9. An Eagle is always going to muller a Seagul.
10. I know where to park.

In other words it's not the team, it's the club and it's supporters that make me thankfull my Dad took me to my first match 44 years ago, when I became hooked :)

NorthPalace23
29-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Agree with that.

You have to experience lows to appreciate highs.

It's incredible to think that we have ended the year dissapointed to be 4th and securing a point away to a good team like Forest.

Since discovering the bbs in 2010 my love of Palace has definetely increased as it very much enhances supporting the club.

Andy Thorn
29-12-2012, 10:41 PM
I'd have happily taken our current position in the table before the season began.

To be honest, I'm still pinching myself now that we're in the play off places :p :lux: :hi: :D

Isle of Wight
30-12-2012, 12:24 PM
But I forgot to add we have the worst website :D

eaglejez
30-12-2012, 12:56 PM
nope. Its no use. I'm off to support Arse

SeanPalace84
30-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Great post mate. Made me feel a bit better.

elgin eagle
30-12-2012, 01:16 PM
11) We have one commentator that calls us crystal paggis, one who calls us cwstal palace, and one who just shouts excitedly and doesnt call us anything.

Although my computer may not survive another last equaliser by the opposition, in the cold light of the following day I.can appreciate that you have to be in front to surrender a light, and brighton fans would love to have a 22 goal a season striker ~ in december :)

alan cola
30-12-2012, 01:17 PM
I threw my toys out when that goal went in today and cursed moaned and generally made everyone's life miserable for a few mins. I was asked "why support them if it causes you all this grief? Which stopped me in my tracks as I knew the answer.

1. CPFC is a Rollercoaster team. This means that you get highs that no plastic premier team supporter will ever experience
2. It has the BBs. No other team has anything like this.
3. It has FYP which not only is a great read but gives great twitter.
4. We now have owners talk to the fans. What other clubs gives their fans this level of contact?
5. We have bespoke kit that was designed by the fans that looks great especially the brazillianesq away kit.
6. We have Selhurst Park. That away supporters hate as it is old, difficult to get to and has wooden seats designed for when the average supporter was smaller, so you knees end up on your chin. But it's like a comfy old pair of slippers, it's our home.
7. We have a new young exuberant group of supporters that put zeal into supporting the team. If you could shave 30 odd years from me I would be in the thick of them.
8. We have other supporters that really care. Look at the Trust. Forget any detail but we had a bunch of people who put huge effort into trying to save the club. Same with those that went up to London at CPFC's darkest hour. If they hadn't done that would we still have a CPFC?
9. An Eagle is always going to muller a Seagul.
10. I know where to park.

In other words it's not the team, it's the club and it's supporters that make me thankfull my Dad took me to my first match 44 years ago, when I became hooked :)i know where you're coming from my dad took me about the same time :p

Dobbo
30-12-2012, 01:18 PM
I'd have happily taken our current position in the table before the season began.

Agreed, but surely your expectations had increased by the end of November.