PDA

View Full Version : The best and worst owners in English football...

ForzaPalace
31-12-2012, 05:42 PM
10th best apparently http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/12/31/revealed-the-best-and-worst-owners-in-english-football-311201/

Note the badge though...

NorthernEagle80
31-12-2012, 05:47 PM
What a stupid poll, how would a Newcastle or Liverpool fan know what our (or any other clubs) owners are like outside of the rubbish spouted in the press?!

Pistol Knight
31-12-2012, 05:49 PM
What a stupid poll, how would a Newcastle or Liverpool fan know what our (or any other clubs) owners are like outside of the rubbish spouted in the press?!

Football fans read other fans forums?! I lay money every club in the land knows our board come on here and try to help people, SP seems to live 1/2 his life on the radio.

good spot on the badge, I read it earlier but didnt spot that :D

OldPeanutSeller
31-12-2012, 05:56 PM

Agreed. Seems like an ingredient to add flavour to self perpetuating football nonsense that a lot of people are obsessed with.

NorthernEagle80
31-12-2012, 05:58 PM
I suppose the forum users might look at other fan sites but your average supporter won't. Also I didn't even know about the poll to vote in the first place so how many others did?

If all the fans who voted know how good 2010 are then why are they not top? I'm sure Swansea's owners are a good bunch but how many owners save the club from extinction and then say to the fans, right what ideas have you got for us to better run the club? I really feel like the owners are one of us (because they are), can Man City fans really say the same?

BERT'S HEAD
31-12-2012, 05:59 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting Swansea's chief owner Martin Morgan after we lost up there 2 years ago. What a lovely down to earth guy he was and had great things to say about our new (relatively) owners that he entertained after the game :p

tasty_snacks
31-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Swansea are 20 per cent owned by their fans

Oh yeah, well our club is 100% owned by fans. :lux:

TheMexicanHorse
31-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Hideous poll.

Glazier the 3rd worst owners in English football? They are a model example for foreign ownership in this country for a start.

And do you really think any Man City would vote that their owners are the 6th worst in football after they trophies they have delivered there?

This poll is worse than the annual BBC nonsense 'Cost of football' survey.

tasty_snacks
31-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Hideous poll.

Glazier the 3rd worst owners in English football? They are a model example for foreign ownership in this country for a start.

And do you really think any Man City would vote that their owners are the 6th worst in football after they trophies they have delivered there?

This poll is worse than the annual BBC nonsense 'Cost of football' survey.

Agreed. Anyone taking this demagoguery seriously should be shot. It's merely a reflection of how much press coverage each club receives in relation to the ownership structure.

Still, they do say that football is all about opinions.

BERT'S HEAD
31-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Took me ten seconds til the penny dropped there :p

bradpitt
31-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Chelsea fans still voted themselves the best run club, idiots

Malarkey
31-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Them not being 1st makes the poll void.