PDA

View Full Version : Paddy Power screwing me yet again

Brumie Allan
13-05-2013, 11:48 PM
Can any of you experienced Gamblers on here explain this to me. At the start of the season Palace were 125/1 on PP I put 10 on and thought to cover myself I would pay an extra 10 to make it an each way bet. I thought this was a bet for Palace to be promoted. But I now find I was betting for Palace to finish 1st,2nd or 3rd why the **** would I bet for 3rd place if it wasn't a promotion place. bet now shows as lost

spuddy
13-05-2013, 11:51 PM
Can any of you experienced Gamblers on here explain this to me. At the start of the season Palace were 125/1 on PP I put 10 on and thought to cover myself I would pay an extra 10 to make it an each way bet. I thought this was a bet for Palace to be promoted. But I now find I was betting for Palace to finish 1st,2nd or 3rd why the **** would I bet for 3rd place if it wasn't a promotion place. bet now shows as lost

In August I also put bet on palace to get promotion 5 e/w but it does state they had to finish top 3 for a pay out. I don't know the reasoning but that's how it is.

Finbar
14-05-2013, 12:03 AM
Yep PP are right, 'to be promoted' is a separate market, outright e/w betting is always top 3 regardless of what happens in the play off

Brumie Allan
14-05-2013, 12:20 AM
Yep PP are right, 'to be promoted' is a separate market, outright e/w betting is always top 3 regardless of what happens in the play offSo what was the odds of 125/1 for? 1st and 2nd and the each way 3rd place, so at what point would I have got my 125/1 and "potential winnings of 1500

eagles #1
14-05-2013, 12:23 AM
So what was the odds of 125/1 for? 1st and 2nd and the each way 3rd place, so at what point would I have got my 125/1 and "potential winnings of 1500
If we'd have finished 1st or 2nd?

Louis
14-05-2013, 12:27 AM
So what was the odds of 125/1 for? 1st and 2nd and the each way 3rd place, so at what point would I have got my 125/1 and "potential winnings of 1500
If we'd finished first, you'd have got won 125 x 10 = 1,250 plus an additional amount for the 'place' - if the potential winnings were 1,500, then I suppose they were paying 1/5 of the odds for place, making the extra 250. It sounds as though the 'place' part of the bet was on league placing, not promotion.

Brumie Allan
14-05-2013, 12:28 AM
If we'd have finished 1st or 2nd?I sort of get that. But when I paid the extra 10 for the e/w I thought I was covering the winners of the play offs but it seems for some strange reason the e/w was to finish 3rd why would I want to bet for finishing 3rd it makes no sense.

Brumie Allan
14-05-2013, 12:30 AM
If we'd finished first, you'd have got won 125 x 10 = 1,250 plus an additional amount for the 'place' - if the potential winnings were 1,500, then I suppose they were paying 1/5 of the odds for place, making the extra 250. It sounds as though the 'place' part of the bet was on league placing, not promotion.yes that's what they say.

Finbar
14-05-2013, 12:35 AM
I sort of get that. But when I paid the extra 10 for the e/w I thought I was covering the winners of the play offs but it seems for some strange reason the e/w was to finish 3rd why would I want to bet for finishing 3rd it makes no sense.

Because the bet you made has nothing to do with the play offs, you were betting for Palace to be the best team over the 46 games and the e/w portion betting on them being among the top 3 teams over 46 games.

The market to look at next time is the 'to be promoted' market so you should have just done 10 on Palace to win the league at 125/1 and 10 on Palace to be promoted (would have been about 16/1 I think)

Louis
14-05-2013, 12:37 AM
why would I want to bet for finishing 3rd it makes no sense.
Perhaps not, but that was the bet. It's always best to check exactly what you're betting on. Some people get upset if they back a team to win a cup game and the bookie doesn't pay out if the team wins in extra time, but the bet will (or should) always make it clear that it is for the result in 90 minutes.

Brumie Allan
14-05-2013, 12:42 AM
Thanks for your help all. Only thing that makes feel better is I'm watching us beat Brighton again.

Brumie Allan
14-05-2013, 12:46 AM
Perhaps not, but that was the bet. It's always best to check exactly what you're betting on. Some people get upset if they back a team to win a cup game and the bookie doesn't pay out if the team wins in extra time, but the bet will (or should) always make it clear that it is for the result in 90 minutes.I must have a lot of bad luck, this happened to me earlier this year as well, I moaned at them then and got no where. I won 7 tonight with a 2 free bet and I've now withdrawn all my money, all 14.65 of it.

LLCOOLSTEVE
14-05-2013, 01:06 AM
You bet on league winner, not to be promoted

LLCOOLSTEVE
14-05-2013, 01:11 AM
I sort of get that. But when I paid the extra 10 for the e/w I thought I was covering the winners of the play offs but it seems for some strange reason the e/w was to finish 3rd why would I want to bet for finishing 3rd it makes no sense.

It does make sense

If you think a team has a good chance of winning the league but cover yourself and do it ew then if they finish 2nd or 3rd instead then you still get a return

The 'to be promoted' market would cover the play off winners too

Brumie Allan
14-05-2013, 06:41 AM
It does make sense

If you think a team has a good chance of winning the league but cover yourself and do it ew then if they finish 2nd or 3rd instead then you still get a return

The 'to be promoted' market would cover the play off winners tooYes, thanks, but not being a seasoned gambler I thought the odds were for promotion. Anyway Account closed won't do it again.

mart63
14-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Get a Betfair account instead,plenty of different,clearly explained markets.