PDA

View Full Version : Jansen Injuried

GOD
05-07-2002, 01:30 PM
I just came accross this on the BBC website can't see this posted anywhere so...

Jansen recovers from car crash

Jansen (right) narrowly missed out on the World Cup

Blackburn Rovers striker Matt Jansen is recovering in a Rome hospital after being injured in a road accident.
Player profile: Matt Jansen

The Italian news agency Ansa reported that the 24-year-old was treated at the San Giacomo hospital after being involved in a collision with a taxi at 0002 BST on Monday morning.

Blackburn confirmed that Jansen had been injured in an accident and was still receiving treatment, but was expected to make a full recovery and return home next week.

"Matt was admitted to hospital having suffered concussion and minor cuts and bruises," the club said.

I'm sorry to hear that (Jansen has been injured) and I hope he will be back as soon as possible

England coach
Sven-Goran Eriksson
"His girlfriend was travelling with him at the time of the accident but was not injured.

"He is improving daily but requires more rest before being given the all clear to return home early next week."

Jansen's agent Jay Bevington said: "He is very comfortable and getting the best medical treatment available."

Jansen, a former Under-21 international, narrowly missed out on making the England squad for the World Cup.

England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson was told of Jansen's injury during a news conference on Saturday in Japan.

"I'm sorry to hear that and I hope that he will be back as soon as possible," said Eriksson.

Axie
05-07-2002, 01:36 PM
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23329&highlight=jansen