PDA

View Full Version : Amadu Waritay

palacenut
04-07-2013, 06:43 AM
It is Reported that Reading have signed 16 year old Crystal Palace starlet Amadu Waritay. The young midfielder was part of the Crystal Palace u15 side that won the English Schools National Cup Final in 2012.
Why are we letting our Best Youngest Go. I saw him play a few times and I thought he looked Good.

Malarkey
04-07-2013, 06:47 AM
If he's going to Reading, maybe he isn't all that?

AJ8
04-07-2013, 07:36 AM
Bit of a waritay seeing our young up and coming kids sign for Weading.

Sp1Eagle
04-07-2013, 07:37 AM
Not the only club Reading are taking players from. Reading Cat 1 (i think).

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/story-19474965-detail/story.html#axzz2Y3gXRVT8

AJ's right boot
04-07-2013, 07:46 AM
******* EPPP.

CPFC_DAVE77
04-07-2013, 07:47 AM
It is Reported that Reading have signed 16 year old Crystal Palace starlet Amadu Waritay. The young midfielder was part of the Crystal Palace u15 side that won the English Schools National Cup Final in 2012.
Why are we letting our Best Youngest Go. I saw him play a few times and I thought he looked Good.

What do you mean 'letting them go'?

CPFC_DAVE77
04-07-2013, 07:49 AM
Outside of our usual rivals and the likes of Chelski/Man Ure etc, Reading really are the most vile, pathetic club on the face of the earth. I prefer Leeds to Reading.

Gazza2
04-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Reading are top class at U18 level and finished above Palace in the Elite Division (top 8 U18 sides in country).
But their star U18 forward Uche Ikpeazu (scored 28 goals and was top U18 scorer in country) has just left them to join Watford.
And we have just signed a top rated 13 yr old from Southend for whom we paid the fixed EPP comp of 37.5k.
Swings and roundabouts.

Big Blue Eagle
04-07-2013, 08:11 AM
Reading are top class at U18 level and finished above Palace in the Elite Division (top 8 U18 sides in country).
But their star U18 forward Uche Ikpeazu (scored 28 goals and was top U18 scorer in country) has just left them to join Watford.
And we have just signed a top rated 13 yr old from Southend for whom we paid the fixed EPP comp of 37.5k.
Swings and roundabouts.

But don't let that stop people thinking that the world is conspiring against us....;)

Diehard
04-07-2013, 08:13 AM
Swings and roundabouts.

Great, so we can sign a kid for 37.5k and look forward to seeing him pinched for a 100k profit by the time he's 18. Maybe that's enough to fund the Academy with enough similar deals but it isn't going to develop players for our our first team squad. Surely that's why we have an Academy.

philsick
04-07-2013, 08:20 AM
The whole concept of academies being full of local lads fighting to get into the 1st team will gradually disappear and they will mirror the 1st teams with talent poached from all over the place.

**** THE EPPP AND **** MODERN FOOTBALL

Woosie
04-07-2013, 08:26 AM
Great, so we can sign a kid for 37.5k and look forward to seeing him pinched for a 100k profit by the time he's 18. Maybe that's enough to fund the Academy with enough similar deals but it isn't going to develop players for our our first team squad. Surely that's why we have an Academy.

He can't be taken for that amount. The point of EPPP compensation is that it only applies pretty much to u15s. Provided a player has a scholarship, they go into the normal transfer system I believe.

Knew I had heard this guy's name before.

Oh & this happens far more often than it is reported

hughff
04-07-2013, 08:34 AM
I'm with philsick on this issue.

Pistol Knight
04-07-2013, 08:37 AM
The whole concept of academies being full of local lads fighting to get into the 1st team will gradually disappear and they will mirror the 1st teams with talent poached from all over the place.

**** THE EPPP AND **** MODERN FOOTBALL

Not often I agree with you, but spot on :p

CPFC2010
04-07-2013, 09:18 AM
Nothing to get worried or annoyed about here. This is a boy who played for us at u15 but didn't really feature at u16 and was released. This is not a situation where another club have poached our player.

palacenut
04-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Nothing to get worried or annoyed about here. This is a boy who played for us at u15 but didn't really feature at u16 and was released. This is not a situation where another club have poached our player.
Thank you for letting us know. :p

hughff
04-07-2013, 09:43 AM
Feeling better now. (Still hate EPPP)

Ian Hart
04-07-2013, 10:01 AM

So you do follow the Transfer Hotline forum then! You must find most of the stories hilarious ;)

Sick Bucket
04-07-2013, 10:46 AM

Damn and people were building up a good head of steam on this one too.

There's probably a thread on this somewhere but I presume one of the main priorities now is for Palace to become Cat 1, anyone?

Woosie
04-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Damn and people were building up a good head of steam on this one too.

There's probably a thread on this somewhere but I presume one of the main priorities now is for Palace to become Cat 1, anyone?

Not really. Category 1 isn't all it's cracked up to be. There are significantly higher costs & it doesn't stop other cat 1 teams taking your players. It's something under consideration, but I'm not sure we will be applying for it.

http://www.croydonguardian.co.uk/sport/10513661.Crystal_Palace_column__EPPP_a_double_edge d_sword_for_Eagles/

Gazza2
04-07-2013, 07:54 PM
And we have started to give contracts earlier to recent Academy recruits because we stand to lose them for not much comp under EPPP as their tenure with Palace has been short. Can't lose them for EPPP fixed comp after get contracts when 17. Not too much of risk as wages will be very low so fact get contracts when may not yet deserve them is ok as makes financial sense.

Biscuitmen
04-07-2013, 07:55 PM
This guy has been playing for us for a year apparently.

I think Reading are a Category 1 Academy now. Madejski and now Zingarevich have put a lot of money into making it happen, with some really good players coming through. They have opened up academies in America, India and effectively take the best talent from surrounding areas such as Swindon and Oxford. This on top of a new academy complex being planned, we certainly are a taking great pride in our youth setup.

But I don't agree with EPPP, and Palace fans should be commended for your notable protests last season.

stinky
04-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Bit of a waritay seeing our young up and coming kids sign for Weading.

:)

Sick Bucket
04-07-2013, 08:09 PM
Thanks Woosie, the EPPP really stinks the house out doesn't it? terrible development, says it all that clubs are closing down their academies and even Palace are having to seriously think about whether its worth continuing, criminal, well done FA sorry Sky.

muswell eagle
04-07-2013, 08:18 PM
If these youth set ups are so good, how did Dwight Gayle slip through the net (or countless other examples)?

Woosie
04-07-2013, 09:07 PM
If these youth set ups are so good, how did Dwight Gayle slip through the net (or countless other examples)?

Tbf there's always going to be players who are released when they perhaps shouldn't be. There's numerous reasons.

They may be late developers.
Maybe playing for a different team in a different style suited them better?
Height/size (Gayle was deemed too small)
Genuine human error which is always going to happen at some point.
Large squad sizes, players might not be deemed as good as their team mates.

Optimistic Kev
04-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Tbf there's always going to be players who are released when they perhaps shouldn't be. There's numerous reasons.

They may be late developers.
Maybe playing for a different team in a different style suited them better?
Height/size (Gayle was deemed too small)
Genuine human error which is always going to happen at some point.
Large squad sizes, players might not be deemed as good as their team mates.

Indeed, am sure I read somewhere that Wilf wasn't guaranteed a pro-contract at one point as he wasn't developing as would have been hoped. Imagine if he'd been released and went somewhere else!! Would have been hard to take. Thankfully it never happened,lots of well known players don't make it at their first club.

Malarkey
04-07-2013, 10:20 PM

If he's going to Reading, maybe he isn't all that?

CPFC_DAVE77
04-07-2013, 10:27 PM
This thread proves once again that if anyone wants to know more about academy football, have a chat with Woosie - ironically he actually is someone who is 'ITK'... He knows his shit...

Gazza2
05-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Indeed, am sure I read somewhere that Wilf wasn't guaranteed a pro-contract at one point as he wasn't developing as would have been hoped. Imagine if he'd been released and went somewhere else!! Would have been hard to take. Thankfully it never happened,lots of well known players don't make it at their first club.

True, Wilf was a late developer. When he moved up to U18 level, he barely got a game in first season. Was on bench every week. And even in his 2nd season he started on bench and only got to start games after Pinney went out on loan. He used to cut a fairly lonely figure warming up at HT on pitch in U18 games. You would have put on a big bet on him being released at that stage as not even starting U18 games is usually a sure fire sign you will be released as more than half of those who do start games are released.

I suspect / hope that the EPPP rules will be tweaked in near future. A few rumours doing rounds that the amount of comp that has to be paid when an Acacdemy player leaves one club for another will be altered so that the upfront fee is increased from what it is currently, but the add on amounts will be reduced to compensate (e.g. fee payable after player has played so many 1st team games).