PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Wes Morgan

plectrum
27-07-2013, 06:07 PM
He is 6ft 1, highly experienced centre back - 29yrs and was in the best 11 of the Championship last season

Kasper Schmeichel (Leicester), Kieran Trippier (Burnley), Wes Morgan (Leicester), Mark Hudson (Cardiff), Wayne Bridge (Brighton), Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace), Thomas Ince (Blackpool), Peter Whittingham (Cardiff), Yannick Bolasie (Palace), Glenn Murray (Palace), Matej Vydra (Watford)

Notts Forest are bidding around 1.5m so we do have the budget to go for this guy.

What are the collective views?

Malarkey
27-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Sign him.

FansAbroadLLC
27-07-2013, 06:12 PM
If Nott Forest are in the mix, then it will mean he doesn't have to uproot his family, where as if he came to Palace he would. Hope he doesn't mind uprooting :p

Paulie Walnuts
27-07-2013, 06:45 PM
I suggested him on the central defenders thread. Considerably better than any of the 5 senior centre backs we have on the books currently IMO.

EagleSE24
27-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Very good player.

Soarin' Eagles
27-07-2013, 06:49 PM
Shit.

Well, someone had to say it. :moo:

plectrum
27-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Shit.

Well, someone had to say it. :moo:

I this just a 'shit' look at me i'm a clown or you actually think he is shit and if so why?

Also as for the comments above about uprooting family - he is 29 yrs not 40.

ExiledStirling
27-07-2013, 07:17 PM
We need a central defender (or two, or three), so yes why not.

leicester1
27-07-2013, 07:22 PM
If he's allowed to leave Leicester he'll go to Notts Forest...and theres about 1 per cent chance of that happenning.....obviously my opinion.

Also....iv'e seen a fair bit of Championship football and i would'nt swap him for 2 centre backs from any other Championship teams defence...our player of the year and he'd won it before spring.

Billyd
27-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Would be signing of the summer. Cant see it though :(

ExiledStirling
27-07-2013, 07:26 PM
If he's allowed to leave Leicester he'll go to Notts Forest...and theres about 1 per cent chance of that happenning.....obviously my opinion.

Also....iv'e seen a fair bit of Championship football and i would'nt swap him for 2 centre backs from any other Championship teams defence...our player of the year and he'd won it before spring.
Serious question Leiceter1, but even though obviously the club would not want him to leave, if he was offered Premiership football how would Leicester stop it happening without pissing off the player greatly?

leesaw
27-07-2013, 07:26 PM
no brainer really, would cost more than 1.5m though. Head and shoulders above what we have. surprised he's not been mentioned before.

Joooe
27-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Is query the new suggestion?

leicester1
27-07-2013, 07:28 PM
Can't see it happening mate....truly....put a cheeky 2 mill bid in and watch what happens.....trust me....Us or Forest.....can't honestly see him looking elsewhere...

ExiledStirling
27-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Can't see it happening mate....truly....put a cheeky 2 mill bid in and watch what happens.....trust me....Us or Forest.....can't honestly see him looking elsewhere...
Do trust you, so it sounds like the player himself shows loyality and/or believes that with Leicester (or Forest seeing as you mention them) that he will get get premiership football next season anyway, and a better chance of staying there longer than a season?

jobiinthelastmi
27-07-2013, 07:34 PM
No thanks

Makes too many mistakes

Soarin' Eagles
27-07-2013, 07:37 PM
I this just a 'shit' look at me i'm a clown or you actually think he is shit and if so why?

Also as for the comments above about uprooting family - he is 29 yrs not 40.

Was basically a piss take out of the BBS.

Haven't seen him enough to actually comment whether he is good or not.

ExiledStirling
27-07-2013, 07:39 PM
No thanks

Makes too many mistakes
I have no idea if that is true, however how if he makes too many mistakes, do you think Leicester fans are that stupid to make him their player of the season?

leicester1
27-07-2013, 07:40 PM
No disrepect to any premier clubs and i don't accuse Wes of a lack of ambition...i just see him sticking with us or going back to Forest.....nothing to do with whos got the best chance.........think i mentioned it on here before,last game of last season at Forest their fans applauded him off the pitch and i did hear he did'nt celebrate our winner....sorry... us or them and i don't see him looking elsewhere......

-N.W.A-
27-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Would be signing of the summer. Cant see it though :(

Signing of the summer really? Hasn't even played at Premier League level.

ExiledStirling
27-07-2013, 07:43 PM
No disrepect to any premier clubs and i don't accuse Wes of a lack of ambition...i just see him sticking with us or going back to Forest.....nothing to do with whos got the best chance.........think i mentioned it on here before,last game of last season at Forest their fans applauded him off the pitch and i did hear he did'nt celebrate our winner....sorry... us or them and i don't see him looking elsewhere......
No apologies needed, but hats off to the guy if that is how his mind works. Wish more had that type of mentality.

leicester1
27-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Totally agree ES.....He's a Forest fan....but fair play to him,certainly only one of a small breed these days...

FansAbroadLLC
27-07-2013, 07:49 PM
No thanks

Makes too many mistakes

Your stupid comments crack me up. :eek:

jobiinthelastmi
27-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Your stupid comments crack me up. :eek:

Check out his blunder in their Ipswich game

Comedy gold.

Nowhere near a Premiership player.

Sceagle
27-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Check out his blunder in their Ipswich game

Comedy gold.

Nowhere near a Premiership player.

All defenders make mistakes, even the best ones in the world.

AJ
27-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Totally agree ES.....He's a Forest fan....but fair play to him,certainly only one of a small breed these days...

Zaha is an Arsenal but went to MU:eek

Jim Cannon
27-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Zaha is an Arsenal but went to MU:eek

He knew he wouldn't win anything at Arsenal:D

CPFC_Fan
28-07-2013, 11:48 AM
No harm in throwing a bid out there for Morgan. Surely better than the CB's we currently have?

sky dancer
28-07-2013, 12:35 PM
No harm in throwing a bid out there for Morgan. Surely better than the CB's we currently have?

Enough of this scattergun approach :D

Danny boy
28-07-2013, 12:37 PM
No thanks not good enough

Jim Cannon
28-07-2013, 12:39 PM

:S:

About time you gave us your list of who is good enough

Malarkey
28-07-2013, 12:41 PM

Think of a player you think is and make a suggestion thread.

elgin eagle
28-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Anyones player of the season has to be respected.

jobiinthelastmi
28-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Anyones player of the season has to be respected.

Carl Leaburn once won Charltons player of the year.

:)

Timbo
28-07-2013, 01:42 PM

So what we have is not good enough, Morgan is not good enough, who is good enough for you?

Edit: I'm not the only one who has noticed DB is not satisfied with anyone

leicester1
28-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Job.....your anti Leicester attitude makes me smile....Morgan would get in any Championship team in my opinion....his desire to win the ball consistantly match after match went a long way to ensuring our goals against tally was low......now a step up to the Premiership is a seperate matter and i think he coud manage it....

Soarin' Eagles
28-07-2013, 02:27 PM

Shame George Boyd wasn't one of them. :(

gamesmeister
28-07-2013, 02:29 PM

Boring :S:

Naboo
28-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Would certainly be a good addition to the squad, an improvement on what we have imo.

Latvian Eagle
28-07-2013, 04:23 PM
Carl Leaburn once won Charltons player of the year.

:)

And Wimbledon respected that and signed him. :o

jaspercpfc
28-07-2013, 04:57 PM
And Wimbledon respected that and signed him. :o

And a few months later, proceeded to embarrass Valerian Ismael on that grim Monday night

Another wonderful insight...........I want to see Danny Boy's "Potential Purchase list" please (be realistic)

sydnsteve
28-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Yes but won't happen

plectrum
27-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Notts Forest looking to offer 1.75m

For perhaps the best CB defender of last season could we perhaps pay say 2.5m and give him a decent 3 year contract. Also get Michael Keane on loan who he played with throughout last year.

Kirby
27-08-2013, 11:06 PM
I definitely think we should be in for him at that price, although he's played his whole career in the midlands so may not fancy the move towards the end of his career. I imagine he'd get a fair whack at Leicester or Forest anyway, and both have a decent chance of promotion.

plectrum
27-08-2013, 11:09 PM
I definitely think we should be in for him at that price, although he's played his whole career in the midlands so may not fancy the move towards the end of his career. I imagine he'd get a fair whack at Leicester or Forest anyway.

Possibly but he's also a 29.5 yr old that unless he comes to Premier League either this year or next he'll never get that opportunity.

maestro
27-08-2013, 11:12 PM
He's a forest fan and they are top of the championship, I dont think he'd chose us over them to be honest

spt1978
27-08-2013, 11:13 PM
Do not see us spending 1.75m TBH.

Billyd
27-08-2013, 11:15 PM
Notts Forest looking to offer 1.75m

For perhaps the best CB defender of last season could we perhaps pay say 2.5m and give him a decent 3 year contract. Also get Michael Keane on loan who he played with throughout last year.

Would be a bargain and just the player we need at that price.

Billyd
27-08-2013, 11:16 PM
He's a forest fan and they are top of the championship, I dont think he'd chose us over them to be honest

This. I dont think its the money some are talking about being the issue. Plenty of players have moved this summer for affordable money, but getting players to join us is another matter. Everyone these days is looking to the Championship & abroad for bargains.

plectrum
27-08-2013, 11:18 PM

Sorry mate - how exactly can you say that ...they are football players - C.R.E.A.M .... he'll go where he can make the most dinero. He is a Forest fan but he left them to play for Leicester --- their arch rivals?

Seaside Eagle
27-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Do not see us spending 1.75m TBH.

I would be extremely surprised if we didn't spend much more that that before the window is over.

maestro
27-08-2013, 11:25 PM
Sorry mate - how exactly can you say that ...they are football players - C.R.E.A.M .... he'll go where he can make the most dinero. He is a Forest fan but he left them to play for Leicester --- their arch rivals?

I dont see him as the average football mercenary, he was at forest for 10 years, he was born their and presumably all his familly are there.

Worth a try but I dont think he'll come to us unless we offer silly wages (which I hope we dont)

plectrum
27-08-2013, 11:27 PM
I dont see him as the average football mercenary, he was at forest for 10 years, he was born their and presumably all his familly are there.

Worth a try but I dont think he'll come to us unless we offer silly wages (which I hope we dont)

hmm from reading a bit on one of the NF boards, quite a few Forest fans dont particularly rate him, especially at Premiership level.

spt1978
27-08-2013, 11:29 PM
I would be extremely surprised if we didn't spend much more that that before the window is over.

Preparing myself for the worst:p

Psychokiller
28-08-2013, 07:28 AM

Yep. And Boyd chose Forest and eventually Hull over us. Kris Commons was a Forest fan and left them for Derby. To players it's just a job, they'll go wherever they get the best contract.

Kirby
28-08-2013, 09:26 AM
Forest would probably offer him more money than us anyway so the point's kind of irrelevant.