PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Young Spanish players

Stigma
30-07-2013, 10:55 AM
How about signing some more U20/U21 Spanish players. Spain arguably the best nation in the world at the moment and Spanish players have a history of doing well in English football.

Of course a gamble, but maybe not a big one.. should be some ”cheap” talented players available. Loan deals could also be a good possibility..
Would also make Campana feel more comfortable and happy?
I had a look at Spain U21/U20’s squads..looking mainly at central defenders and attackers.
Most of these players will never get a regular place in Barcelona/Real Madrid and so on and could surely be swayed by the chance to play more regular football. Both Stoke and Everton have recently signed/loaned similar type of players (with limited success for Barca/Real M) ..
Reading some of the comments after Campana played in the friendly match and how more skilled and so on he seemed then the rest of the players..makes you wonder what a few more spanish players could do..dream scenario a team consisting of a Spanish central defender, Spanish Midfielder (Campana) and a Spanish attacker?

U20
Derik Osede (Real Madrid) – 20 year old central defender, only played for Real Madrid B or lower.
Israel Puerto (Sevilla) – 20 year old central defender, few games for Sevilla.
Diego Llorente (Real Madrid) – 19 year old central defender.
Francisco Alcácer (Valencia) – 19 year old attacker, hardly played for Valencia (on loan to Getafe last year)

U21
José Ignacio Fernández Iglesias (Real Madrid) – 23 year old central defender with a few matches for Real Madrid.
Marc Bartra (Barcelona) – 22 year old central defender with a few matches or Barcelona.
Iñigo Martínez (Real Sociedad) - 22 year old central defender with plenty of matches for Real S.
Álvaro González Soberón (Real Sociedad) – 23 year old central defender with plenty of matches for Real S.
Rodrigo Moreno Machado (Benfica) – 22 year old attacker with limited success at Benfica.
Álvaro Morata (Real Madrid) – 20 year old attacker with few matches for Real Madrid.
Álvaro Vázquez (Getafe) – 22 year old attacker with plenty of matches for Getafe.

Don’t know much about these players..just looking the U20/U21 squads (and the clubs they play for)..and thinking that if they made it that far they must be talented.

CPFC_Fan
30-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Good post mate. Do you know the valuations of these players? Anyone seen them play and have opinions of them?

dan27
30-07-2013, 11:04 AM
They all sound so good.

Alvaro Morata was the one who kept scoring the U21s this summer wasn't he?

Eg14
30-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Hey Stigma,

Epl is the best league in the world so far, it's absolutely impossible ,to my mind, to strenghten our side based on young blood which has no experience at all in england and also few experiences in their own country

We do need "key players" that already know how the Prems is hard
Otherwise we'll go nowhere

May be one gamble or two on positions where we have already "good stuff", hoping the lad explodes otherwise will be a waste of money
IH do not have time to keep on developping young blood at this level (in championship that will be different), as the side lacks of experience in Epl so far

Cake and Eat It
30-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Morata - two hopes, and one of thems called Bob.

Steamy
30-07-2013, 11:35 AM
Morata is being prepped for the Real Madrid first team. He'll be playing Champions League football next year, especially with Higuain gone. Expect him to play at least 30 games and get a Spain call up, may even make the World Cup squad, depending on how Negredo gets on in the Premiership.

As for the rest of them, we have no chance. All highly rated by their clubs. Even someone like Bartra, who has played the majority of his football at 'B' level, is part of the Barca plan for the future. Puyol is getting old.

Steamy
30-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Additionally, outside of the top two in Spain, clubs are feeling the pinch, so can't buy superstars. They're going the homegrown route. Yes, Sevilla sold a lot of players to English teams this year, but the rest will keep their youngsters and turn them into superstars before selling. We may see some of these guys in the Premier league in a few years - 'Paco' Alcacer is highly rated and has a lot of potential, as has Iker Muniain - but only when they can command £10-30m fees.

DHeagle
30-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Iñigo Martinez and Rodrigo would be way out of our league, Benfica have high hopes for Rodrigo and I would expect they wouldn't let him leave for less than £10m. Martinez has had the eye of Barca and Real for quite some time and he's going to go onto bigger things.

Alvaro Morata is a talented young player who has been causing a stir for Castilla (Real's B team) and I'd expect him to end up moving to a smaller team at some stage purely because of the buying power that Real have. I don't think he's realistic for us either, however.

Nigelbrag
30-07-2013, 02:07 PM
We have already signed one of the outstanding talents in Campana at a bargain price, will we get lucky again? Rodrigo is a talented CF and a good finisher, but may struggle with our physical style game. Now Inigo Martinez would be a superb signing a strong ball playing CB who has had an outstanding season for Real Sociedad, it may need a sensible offer to get him as he is highly thought off, but then who would have thought we would capture Campana.
We should take a look at newly promoted Elche who romped away with the division when promoted, and have several talented players who could be bought at sensible prices, and where IH should focus his attentions on.

Bankerhater1
31-07-2013, 08:19 AM
I'm liking this thread - and have always thought that a similar scouting exercise in the Dutch and/or German leagues would be the way to go ....

I know we haven't (probably) previously had the resources - but for me a priority now would be to improve our non-UK scouting - and create a knowledge base about players like these ...

And no - I can't yet suggest any Dutch/German league equivalents ...

:confused:

iamanuplander
31-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Probably the most amusing suggestion title I have seen for a thread. To be fair though, you won't go too far wrong with the philosophy!

ForzaPalace
31-07-2013, 09:42 AM
Works for Swansea, why not us? Oh that's right because Swansea actually have ambition.

yorkshire eagle
31-07-2013, 10:17 AM
just ask campana if he knows 2 strikers a winger a dm and 2/3 defenders and poss a back up goal keeper for the u19 or u21 and we are sorted :D

Shoreditch CPFC
31-07-2013, 10:24 AM
just ask campana I'm sure they have done this.