PDA

View Full Version : Fanduel (US Sports/Fantasy Sports/Gambling)

Funk Butter
09-09-2013, 02:53 PM
I know in the Venn Diagram of BBSers, there is an intersection of fans of US sports, fans of fantasy sports and gambling. Just not sure how extensive. Ever since the US government tightened the screws on internet gambling for us, I've only had fantasy sports and office pools to satisfy my craving. This fanduel.com site combines the two. Basically, you pick a new fantasy team every day (or week) and compete. There is a salary cap for every contest, so you can't pick every top player. Contests range from $0-$535 for the entry fee and you can compete against one other player up to 10,000. I started with the big contests but have recently been sticking with the head-to-head matchups and doing a lot better. You can go to https://www.fanduel.com/s/7B7Z6S01UL to sign up. (If you sign up with this link, I think I can keep track of all the BBSers that sign up plus get a couple of % of pennies that maybe we can add to a contest later)

They take PayPal if you do want to deposit money, but you could just do the freebie contests. If you do deposit real money, use PICK as the promo code and you get 100% of your deposit in bonus funds. (Basically, you have to play thru money contests to convert the bonus money to real money)

I was thinking this might appeal to some of you out there, but wasn't sure how many. If we have enough, we could even do our own leagues as well. They have NFL, Baseball, NBA, NHL, college football and college basketball. Maybe one day they'll have Premier League as well. If anybody does sign up and just wants to do freebies, I set up a Week 2 NFL freebie league at https://www.fanduel.com/entry/JPBEJSM?invitedby=trocarslushweasel&cnl=ba.

LLCOOLSTEVE
12-09-2013, 01:40 AM
entered :)

and entered a free roll

Funk Butter
12-09-2013, 01:52 AM
I have to warn you, I picked Dan Bailey for that BBS freebie contest.

Uncle Ron
12-09-2013, 07:01 AM
I'm in :p

Funk Butter
12-09-2013, 05:08 PM
I'm in :p

Yep, see you on my refer list, but not Steve. Oh well.

ANDY FROM BR1
12-09-2013, 05:52 PM
I know in the Venn Diagram of BBSers, there is an intersection of fans of US sports, fans of fantasy sports and gambling. Just not sure how extensive. Ever since the US government tightened the screws on internet gambling for us, I've only had fantasy sports and office pools to satisfy my craving.

What don't you use a proxy and carry on internet gambling?

Funk Butter
12-09-2013, 06:08 PM
What don't you use a proxy and carry on internet gambling?

The gambling isn't the hard part. (Well, it's not easy either) It's the getting money back and forth. Banks here are cracking down on anything that looks gambling related. Plus, you never know when you'll get frozen out. Talked to a guy at the WSOP that had 250k locked down at some card room.

Funk Butter
16-09-2013, 11:13 PM
entered :)

and entered a free roll

As you probably figured out, they cancelled our freebie cause we didn't get 10 people. Don't know why it makes you get exactly the number of people. Created a new one for 3 people: https://www.fanduel.com/entry/UEQHWLR?invitedby=trocarslushweasel&cnl=ba

I've been doing the 50/50 baseball leagues pretty much every day. I'm gathering the stats and using the best batters records against the pitchers they're facing. The 50/50 leagues tend to take out the volatility of guys just on slumps. The key is to get the right pitcher.