PDA

View Full Version : E-Mail notifications

JDawg
20-01-2014, 10:03 PM
A question about e-mail notifications of tickets going on sale.

What is the policy here as I notice there have been some notable gaps in notifying that games have gone on sale? We can't all always get to a browser, so I rely on these to let me know when tickets for away games go on sale.

There have been some absentees, but the most notable missing e-mail was a notification that Arsenal tickets had gone on sale. I have the necessary points but Sods law was that I was away when they went on sale and by the time I got back and checked it had sold out. As I hadn't received an e-mail notification I was none the wiser until it was way too late, which has left me pretty irritated and on a wait list. This also happened with Chelsea.

So can I ask that you are consistent and send out e-mails to let us know when all away tickets go on sale?

Many thanks

CPFC2010
20-01-2014, 10:43 PM
A question about e-mail notifications of tickets going on sale.

What is the policy here as I notice there have been some notable gaps in notifying that games have gone on sale? We can't all always get to a browser, so I rely on these to let me know when tickets for away games go on sale.

There have been some absentees, but the most notable missing e-mail was a notification that Arsenal tickets had gone on sale. I have the necessary points but Sods law was that I was away when they went on sale and by the time I got back and checked it had sold out. As I hadn't received an e-mail notification I was none the wiser until it was way too late, which has left me pretty irritated and on a wait list. This also happened with Chelsea.

So can I ask that you are consistent and send out e-mails to let us know when all away tickets go on sale?

Many thanks

I have forwarded this to our head of communications (Terry Byfield) and head of marketing (Sharon Lacey).

CPFC2010
21-01-2014, 09:49 AM
Reply from Terry Byfield :-

I am not certain whether we did put an e mail out when the Arsenal away tickets went on sale but just to confirm, going forward, that we will now put an email out when the match tickets go on sale to try and cover as much as our supporter base as possible. This is in addition to the story going on the website and mentioned across twitter and facebook.

JDawg
26-01-2014, 12:28 AM
Somewhat mealy-mouthed, but thanks anyway.

To re-iterate. I can't always get to a browser and don't use either Facebook or twitter.

So whilst I'm glad the Head of Communications has now decided to ensure the one push-medium that pretty much all of the supporter base will have access to will now be used consistently, I would be concerned it's taken an extremely pissed off supporter to get to this point when I would have thought this would be obvious but, hey, he's not my employee.