PDA

View Full Version : Jim Cannon

Am Phibian
24-01-2014, 11:55 PM
Steve - just read this on The Hol forum from a fan talking about his play-off experience last May.

"I met Jim Cannon in the Weatherspoons in Baker St before the play off final, never recognised him at 1st till one of the lads he was with asked us if we knew who he was ? Jim presented me with my player of the year award when I was 15 & I had the pic on my phone so he suggested recreating it 25 yrs on. Had a pic & a chat, top top bloke, just disappointed he now has no contact from the club & had to buy his own tickets from the box office as he still follows the Palace."

Jim is the player who regularly wins the Palace Legends debates on these forums and still lives locally. I think it's time the club reconnected with him. The future looks bright but it is important to remember our past. Especially the good bits. And Jim was a massive part of some very good times indeed.

What do you think?

CPFC2010
25-01-2014, 07:12 AM
Steve - just read this on The Hol forum from a fan talking about his play-off experience last May.

"I met Jim Cannon in the Weatherspoons in Baker St before the play off final, never recognised him at 1st till one of the lads he was with asked us if we knew who he was ? Jim presented me with my player of the year award when I was 15 & I had the pic on my phone so he suggested recreating it 25 yrs on. Had a pic & a chat, top top bloke, just disappointed he now has no contact from the club & had to buy his own tickets from the box office as he still follows the Palace."

Jim is the player who regularly wins the Palace Legends debates on these forums and still lives locally. I think it's time the club reconnected with him. The future looks bright but it is important to remember our past. Especially the good bits. And Jim was a massive part of some very good times indeed.

What do you think?

Jim is indeed a Palace legend for those of us who supported Palace in the 70's and 80's. This status will be honoured by the fact that a photo of him appears on the 2014/5 Season Ticket brochure which commerorates 90 years of football at Selhurst Park - no player has (or probably ever will) play more games there than Jim.