PDA

View Full Version : Contracts

CaptainCharisma
25-01-2014, 01:55 PM
Hello Steve,

Once the dramas of the transfer window is out of the way, will expiring contracts be looked at? I understand it's down to the plans Tony has as well as the players desire as to whether new contracts are issued or not. But while being delighted at Mile signing on again, I fear Jules leaving when he has again been fantastic for us, due to his contract expiring this summer

CPFC2010
25-01-2014, 06:32 PM
Hello Steve,

Once the dramas of the transfer window is out of the way, will expiring contracts be looked at? I understand it's down to the plans Tony has as well as the players desire as to whether new contracts are issued or not. But while being delighted at Mile signing on again, I fear Jules leaving when he has again been fantastic for us, due to his contract expiring this summer

Yes, don't worry contracts are very much on the agenda.

Eagle Til I Die
29-01-2014, 01:25 AM
Can we assume that our home preseason game this summer will be Jules' 10 year testimonial game?

If so, does Jules get a say in who we invite to come or is it just a case of being whoever we would be playing anyway?

He was apparently very popular at Dundee so they would be a great choice, although granted not a massive money spinner.

I personally really enjoyed the Man Utd and Liverpool charity games a few years ago. Maybe something like this could be done in terms of guest players from the years Jules has been here. Unlikely we'd get many (if any) that are still playing for other clubs, but I'm sure there must be few recently retired guys that would fancy a game.

Whatever the plans may be, a player of Jules' stature clearly deserves something special to mark a very impressive decade. Preliminary plans should surly be on our to-do list by now.

CPFC2010
29-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Can we assume that our home preseason game this summer will be Jules' 10 year testimonial game?

If so, does Jules get a say in who we invite to come or is it just a case of being whoever we would be playing anyway?

He was apparently very popular at Dundee so they would be a great choice, although granted not a massive money spinner.

I personally really enjoyed the Man Utd and Liverpool charity games a few years ago. Maybe something like this could be done in terms of guest players from the years Jules has been here. Unlikely we'd get many (if any) that are still playing for other clubs, but I'm sure there must be few recently retired guys that would fancy a game.

Whatever the plans may be, a player of Jules' stature clearly deserves something special to mark a very impressive decade. Preliminary plans should surly be on our to-do list by now.

Julian is a great goalkeeper and a wonderful man.

I'm not sure what the situation is on testimonials but it's not sure that we can have any pre-season home matches this summer.

If we stay in the PL we have to install under-soil heating which will require massive work (and a 1million bill) and of course will seriously delay re-seeding of the pitch.

CaptainCharisma
29-01-2014, 07:18 PM
Firstly, thanks for replying to my initial post, much appreciated. Secondly, I believe next season would actually be is tenth(if he hopefully stays), so it would be fitting for a testimonial to be at the end of it, which should navigate any issues this summer. Dundee would be my call.

As for the style of testimonial, my favourite was the one at the end of the Dowie play-off winning season. A night where the current team watched while the likes of Matt Jansen came back and pulled on the colours. A lot of fun that night, compared to Simon Rodger's which ended up being a pre-season friendly. Just my thoughts anyway!

Eagle Til I Die
30-01-2014, 12:21 AM
Jules signed from Dundee on 12/7/04. This is his 10th season.

Crunchie
30-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Jules signed from Dundee on 12/7/04. This is his 10th season.

700k well spent